SRD HUD Maker Bug?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Cuprite, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Cuprite

Cuprite Previously Golden Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I was trying to use SRD's HUD Maker, but for some reason, an error popped up telling me my project had to be in v1.3.0 or higher, but my version of RMMV is 1.5.2. Can somebody please explain what's going on here?
    Error1.PNG Error2.PNG Error3.PNG
    Also, when SRD's Game Upgrade is activated, I get this error.
    Error4.PNG

*Update: I've figured out how to make the HUD Maker function again. I just had to delete this line in the plugin file.
    Error5.PNG
    But now when I use the HUD Maker, I get this error when starting a new game.
    Error6.PNG

**Update: Ok, maybe don't do that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Game Upgrade has to be at the very top I think.

Cuprite likes this.
  3. Cuprite

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That fixed the "RangeError" part of this. Thanks, SimProse!

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-in Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Cuprite likes this.
  5. Cuprite

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your project version and your RPG Maker version are completely independent. Open your rpg_core.js file and see what version number it says at the top. If it doesn't have a version number on the first few lines, it means you have 1.0.0

When you get an error message, please open the developer tools (F8) and go to the Console tab and get a screenshot of that. It provides much more information than what's in your screenshots.

And you didn't find out how to make the hud maker work again. You only found out how to stop it notifying you that you had an earlier version than it requires. You STILL have an earlier version than it requires, which is why when you removed the check, it still crashed. You need to do what the message tells you to do and upgrade your project. The instructions are in every single update thread that's been posted. I suggest if you don't know what you're doing, you don't edit scripts. You should put that back the way it was.

Cuprite likes this.
  7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Deleting a line like that is the programmer's equivalent of saying:
    "Oh, my car reports oil problems with a red light. I don't like warning lights, so I paint the LED black. Voila - no more inconvenient warnings that my car is about to fail - it doesn't matter to me that the motor will be wrecked later if I continue to drive with bad oil, the important thing is to get rid of the warning light".

Please redownload the original plugin file to repair all the damage you did to it, and then search for the update topics stickied here on this forum to learn how to update your project correctly.

Additionally, make sure to stay at 1.5.2 and do NOT update to 1.6.1 if you want to use SRD's plugins - SRD hasn't been seen in quite a while and his plugins are no longer fully compatible to the current version 1.6.1

Cuprite likes this.
  8. Cuprite

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I replaced the edited HUD Maker plugin the original again and then looked at the rpg_core.js. When I did, it didn't show a version number at the top, so I'm assuming its 1.0.0.
    Here's a screenshot of the console.
    ConsoleError.PNG

Yeah, that probably wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made, huh?
    And thanks for the advice both of you!
    I'll try to find that thread about updating projects, but so far, I haven't found it in the three sticky threads here. .-.

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not the plugin. The rpg_core.js file is the one that has the version number.

Cuprite likes this.
  10. Cuprite

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, right, that's what I meant to say. My bad.
    I've edited my last reply to say what I actually meant to say.

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How is it that your project is still using the original version of the core files? There have been heaps of updates to improve functionality and fix errors - haven't you taken any of them? Or have you taken the updates to the engine but never, ever updated your projects? The core files is pretty much the main reason updates are provided.

This is where all the update threads are: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/rpg-maker-mv-releases.171/
    they will all provide instructions on updating your projects.

However, since yours is so, so old, I wouldn't go with any of those. I would start a brand new project with your current version, and copy over the data folder and any resources you've added. I wouldn't copy over any plugins - I would go and find the latest versions, because the ones you have may not work with the later versions of the engine.

Cuprite likes this.
  12. Cuprite

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think it might have something to do with the fact that I was originally going to use the FPLE plugin and used the demo project as a base.
    I'll try making a new project for it.

*Update: Hey, so I moved everything to a new project and everything works perfectly now (As far as I can tell, anyway). The HUD Maker's working now and I'm not getting any errors! Thanks for the help, Shaz!
    :hhappy:
    *Insert Final Fantasy victory fanfare here*