Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using SRD's Summon Core and I'm trying to have a summon automatically use a skill and then leave, similar to summons in most FF games (FF4, FF7, etc). The problem is, it seems nothing is working. I've tried about a million things. I've tried to have the summon skill trigger a common event to give the summon actor a state and have the state force an action once the state is removed (Similar to how I have the Jump skill work already) but it does not appear to actually give the summon actor the state based on some other research.

I've also tried using Yanfly's <Replace Attack: 207> tags. This successfully replaces the attack command, but then the defend and item commands appear. That looks pretty tacky to me. I've gone to some efforts to try and remove the defend and item commands as well, but I can't seem to get that to work either. I've also tried having the sword that the summon uses cause the summon to do auto battle, but then it simply attacks instead of doing the replacement attack skill.

Can anyone advise as to what I can do for a solution?

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're trying to do something like emulate ff7 summons, wouldn't the summon be the skill? Just make the appearance of the summoned creature part of the skill animation. Ideally, you'd probably use something like action sequencing in order to hide the player battlers while the summon is on-screen.

SRD's summon core is more for summoning a long-term ally that participates in the fight, not just something that appears, does damage and vanishes.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, true. That works for the summoner's summons perfectly. Not sure why I didn't think of that...

However, on another note, I also have my Dragoon summon permanent wyverns to fight alongside him. Any ideas how I can remove the item command there?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesbofication