OgreLeg

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone o/

I'm having an issue that has popped up since having to update my project files. The SRD Summon Core plugin still runs fine, for the most part, except that it is now summoning 3 of each thing summoned.

In troubleshooting, I've found that if you set the max summons to 1 or 2 then you only get 1 or 2 summoned at a time respectively. When using the XY location restriction option, it will not let you use the summon skill as long as the summoned actor is in that position, but it doesn't prevent the 3 initial summons from happening when casting the skill.

I have some ideas as to some workarounds but I'm struggling with how to go about it.

Is there a way to make a specific entity unique? Not just unable to summon into the same XY location, but only able to have 1 of that summon on the board? (without messing with overall max summons?)

Is there a way to find out what the summoned entity's ID is? I found this in the script $gameParty.removeSummon(summon) but I think I need the id of the summon to make it work. I tried using the actor's ID but it didn't seem to work.

I think I see where the Actor is summoned in and where it stops it if the player is at the max summon limit. Is there a way to sneak some XY location check in there based on the plugins XY location checks elsewhere int he code?

Also open to other ideas on how to work around this.

Thanks for your time o/

EDIT:

So if I use $gameParty.removeAllSummons(); in a script command it'll remove all the summoned actors. If I can figure out how each summon is ID named, can I run something like

summonMembers().length = a variable
summon in the 3 creatures
add 3 to that variable
remove creature with ID that equals variable
subtract 1 from variable
remove creature with ID that equals variable
and that should leave me with just 1 instead of 3 right? I'm trying to figure out how to write this out though if anyone can help, I think it will fix the issue in a messy but hopefully effective way.
 
Last edited:

OgreLeg

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
1
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like I figured it out. Somehow, it's conflicting with another SRD plugin. I had to turn off SRD Timed Attack Core.

I still wonder if there's a way... Could've sworn they were playing together before.
 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
108,925
Messages
1,040,632
Members
141,377
Latest member
Demonblabla
Top