Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

Currently, I am testing SRD Translation Engine if I can use it to translate my game more easily.

I am a little confused if I am using it correctly so I made a new empty project with only this plugin running.

1.png

The default (or source) language of my game is german and I want to provide english as translation.
So I guess my settings are correct?

Now, in the game in the options, I have this screen:

2.png

It says "english" but the commands are german.

If I click on the language I get this:

3.png

Now, it says "deutsch" but the commands are english (actually, just the first 3, I was too lazy to translate them all).

Huh?

It is the exact opposite? Why? Is this working as intended? Am I doing something wrong?

I tried to change the order of the languages in the plugin, but it doesn't change anything.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what about the default languare setting? I don't even know what that plugin means with "source", perhaps there is a confusion between those two options?

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for trying to help!

I already tried it with default language "deutsch", doesn't change anything.

The desciption of the source language in the plugin is:

Unbenannt.png

Actually, I am not sure if I should show both languages in the "languages" option.

1.png

If I delete "deutsch" here, I can switch ingame between both languages easily - but without it beeing shown.

VlZ1ky2lDp.gif

As you can see, now the translation works, but it shows "english" all the time.

What am I doing wrong?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please give a link to the website where you got the plugin so that we can check it.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, it seems there is a little error in the plugin.
If you have any other language besides english as your first language then there appears the bug as stated above.

Problem is solved now, thread can be closed.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...
How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truvirian