SRD_CameraCore help

ZoWillow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I'm working on a mobile game in MV to be played upright as opposed to turned on its side, and I need the screen to shift accordingly when the player turns left or right, to further their "vision," in those limited directions. So like, if the player moves right, the camera will shift so that the player is left-aligned, and vice-versa. After some research it seemed like SRD's camera core plugin would solve this issue, as it has a "shift camera," function that (as demonstrated in the video) shifts the camera a number of blocks while still following the player. The problem I have is that after the camera is shifted, once the player moves back toward the "center," of the screen the camera reverts back to being center-aligned on the player, even if it was already set to focus on the player beforehand. This is not the way it works in the demonstration video.

Could someone help me see what I'm doing wrong?

Plugin Download:

I'm using the plugin command [ShiftCamera 3 0 60]. That's literally the only thing in the event. I've tried both with the focus set on the player beforehand, and without. I've also tried it in the middle of a huge map, just to be sure it isn't the map edges messing with the scrolling somehow.

Any help with this, or even tips on how to achieve it through eventing and script calls would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you!

ZoWillow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strangely enough, I added SRD_SmoothCamera out of boredom and now it works perfectly. Before I put the new one under SRD_CameraCore, YEP_CoreEngine was directly under it. Maybe having them in that order caused them to conflict somehow?

Anyway, it works now. I'm very happy that it does, but still confused as to why it didn't. Hmm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage