AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've wanted to include both Side and Front view battles in my game, so I used Shaz's BattleMode plugin. I named my Side battles "SV_" followed by its name, same goes with Front battles and "FV_". (As later discussed, BattleMode was not the issue but rather GameOverCore) In game, the first battle works perfectly, yet when I enter the second one it gives the following error:

TypeError
Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

And just to make sure, I also turned off SumRndDde's plugin that allowed walking sprites for side view battles...still not working. (Even with BattleMode off, it still bugs out, thus SRD's plugin is the problem.)

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any other plugins, and does the same error happen with ALL (other) plugins disabled?

Do your first and second battles use the same view - both front or both side?

Have you added an enemy to a troop and then deleted it from the enemy tab?

What happens if you swap the order of battles - does the first battle (what was previously the second battle) now crash, or is it still the second battle that crashes?

Please give a screenshot of the console so we can see more info about the error.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To answer the second and fourth question: One enemy uses Side View, the other Front, and no matter which one I do first, the second one always errors. For #3, no I have not. And while I don't know what you mean by console, I will show you the list of plugins I have and update this with whether disabling everything else works.

UPDATE: Huh, so apparently one of my plugins is conflicting, I'll check which one it is.
UPDATE 2: Strange, my SRD_GameOverCore plugin is the conflicting source? Not sure how, but having everything but that on made it work...

Last edited:

AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And since it won't let me upload images on an already-posted comment, here's the image.

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Play and get the error, then hit F8 to bring up developer tools. There is a Console tab there.

can you please post that image, as well as a link to the SRD_GameOverCore plugin? It seems very unlikely that these two would be conflicting, but if they do both have some mods to battles ...

At what point does it actually crash? Start of battle or end? Does the battle screen actually load? Does the battle result screen show?

AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The crash occurs between before the battle intro, or after the intro and before the enemy sprite appears. The link to the plugin is here. The console tab meanwhile will be posted.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please remove the space from the project folder name.
All paths and filenames of MV projects have to conform to networking rules or you'll get errors.

Probably has nothing to do with the current error, but it will cause problems sooner or later.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think this has anything to do with the BattleMode plugin. The console only mentions the SRD plugin.

Can you please disable the BattleMode plugin, save, then play and see if the error still happens?

It seems to be objecting to the command to make a copy of $gameActors, as if an actor had been deleted. You didn't save your game, then delete one of the actors from the database, then resume your saved game, did you?

AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please remove the space from the project folder name.
All paths and filenames of MV projects have to conform to networking rules or you'll get errors.

Probably has nothing to do with the current error, but it will cause problems sooner or later.
Whoops! Honestly didn't know that was a thing, I'll fix it now.
UPDATE: Fixing the folder name didn't change anything, sadly.

I don't think this has anything to do with the BattleMode plugin. The console only mentions the SRD plugin.

Can you please disable the BattleMode plugin, save, then play and see if the error still happens?

It seems to be objecting to the command to make a copy of $gameActors, as if an actor had been deleted. You didn't save your game, then delete one of the actors from the database, then resume your saved game, did you?
When I disable the plugin, save, and test the game, it still crashes with the same error.
As for the second question, I do not recall doing such a thing, considering I only have 1 actor total.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, but even if you don't recall that: are you currently testing after loading a saved game, or after starting a new game?
If the error only happens after loading, then your savefiles are incompatible.
If the error happens after new game, then we need to continue searching.

One question: which version of the core files is in your project, and for which version(s) was the SRD plugin written originally?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so now that we've established it's the SRD plugin that has the problem and not the BattleMode plugin, could I please ask you to edit your first post and change the title of the thread accordingly?

I would suggest posting in the thread for that plugin, as the author is around, and might be able to provide some further assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm