RMMV SRD_Gameupgrade Won't let me start the game.

WormZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i installed "SRD_Gameupgrade" the game just won't start. i also installed "SRD_PreLoaderCore" and i tried to start the game by disabling both. and the game ran normally. i cannot run the game with "Preloader On" if "Gameupgrade" is off, so i tried turning off preloader and turning On gameupgrade. The problem appears to be gameupgrade. so i don't know if there's something else i need to install, or one of the options needs to be turned on/off. H e l p

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. What kind of error code are you getting?
2. What does the console say?
3. Are you using any other plugins with GameUpgrade? I've tried that plugin, and it doesn't play nice with other plugins, so to speak. I know it's incompatible with many Yanfly plugins.

Beyond those three questions, nothing else I can say. I used Yanfly's plugins, so when I learned SRD's plugins tend not to work with them and that he doesn't provide proper support for his plugins, I stopped using the SRD plugins.

WormZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. What kind of error code are you getting?
2. What does the console say?
3. Are you using any other plugins with GameUpgrade? I've tried that plugin, and it doesn't play nice with other plugins, so to speak. I know it's incompatible with many Yanfly plugins.

Beyond those three questions, nothing else I can say. I used Yanfly's plugins, so when I learned SRD's plugins tend not to work with them and that he doesn't provide proper support for his plugins, I stopped using the SRD plugins.
I am using the plugin that reloads parts of the game. i only use the plugin for "bgm" and "se". the one problem with this, is that the game just doesn't load. when i play the game, it gets frozen in the very beggining. (so, it just won't start, it stays as a black screen when i try to test it and absolutely nothing happens)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD GameUpgrade should be above all SRD plugins, I dont know what other
plugins you use, if using more, please make a screenshot of your plugin database.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What do you mean by a plugin that "reloads parts of the game (like BGM and SE)"? What's the name of that plugin? If you have a preloader, might that not be like a belt and suspenders? Try using Preloader Core without the other plugin. And, to clarify, there's no error codes (yellow "Error" with white text saying some annoyingly vague issue)? Could you also post a screenshot of the console (F8) when the game is frozen? That is, if you can get it open when it's frozen like that, IDK. The console is key in seeing whether there are plugin conflicts. Of course, ShadowDragon's solution is the simplest and therefore most likely. But if it doesn't work, reply with this information. :)

WormZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, im kinda busy with work at the week so i couldn't reply sooner.
Im using: "SRD_PreloaderCore", "SRD_GameUpgrade" and "GALV_MessageBusts"
at first the plugins worked fine, but then they wouldn't work, so i began to do research but i couldn't find info. about it. Im using the steam version of RPGMaker MV, if that also helps.

WormZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD GameUpgrade should be above all SRD plugins, I dont know what other
plugins you use, if using more, please make a screenshot of your plugin database.
Thanks. i know that, and i have gameupgrade above all other plugins. but it doesn't appear to be THAT.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRD need plugins need to be in below YEP_Engine core if you use it and below
battle plugins. or screen your plugin database and post it here, so we can see
why it doesn't work.

WormZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, sorry again for the delayed awnser.
These are the plugins i currently have on the game.

Plugins 2-10-20.PNG

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First, are your plugins up-to-date and have you changed any parameters with GameUpdrade and/or Preloader? If not, there could be conflicts between the plugins. There are two ways to know:

1. When you start a Playtest, press F8 to bring up the console. If/when the game freezes, take a screenshot of the console and post it here. If there are errors, it might give a clue whether there are any plugin conflicts. If you can't open the console for some reason, or if it's not showing anything useful, skip to No. 2 below.

2. (a) Turn off all plugins except the SRD ones. Do a test run with just SRD. If the problem persists with only those plugins, then there may be a problem with the plugins themselves (BTW, did you change any plugin parameters in the SRD plugins and are the plugins up to date?) If the Playtest runs normally...
(b) Do another with SRD and Galv only. If the problem persists, then Galv is the conflicting plugin; stop using it. If not...
(c) Do another with SRD and PKD_VPlayer. If the problem persists, then PKD is at fault; stop using it.

I hope this helps.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for an add to the WilsonE7, switch PKD above SRD plugins, while PKD handles webm files,
it should be above SRD plugins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valval