SRD_Super_Tools_engine & closing Playtest

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While this thread is open I figure I may as well piggy back on it. I'm not having a game stopping error, persay but... Well I posted this in the srd character creator thread:

So... Got a unique problem with the character creator plug-in. Well, more specifically super engine tools and game upgrade. Everything more or less works fine, but when I playtest I'm unable to close the playtest window with anything but the task manager. This only happens when both the game upgrade and super tools engine are online. If only one or the other is on, things are fine. But if both are on, I can't even alt-f4 out of the game window. No errors, just can't close the playtest window. This is independent of the character creation plug-in itself, but since it needs super tools and dynamic actors needs game upgrade I figured I'd post this here.

I've tried doing this in a blank project with no other plug-ins and it still comes up as an issue. Not sure what to do it about it.

And since then I had the sense to open the console to see if anything is written to it when I try to close the game and low and behold the following error pops up:

Error in event handler for nw.Window.onClose: TypeError: GameWindowManager.onWindowClose is not a function
at NWWindow.MakerManager.onWindowClose (chrome extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/js/plugins/SRD_SuperToolsEngine.js:587:20)

And it pops up every time I try to exit. Have to use task manager to stop the process.

Edit: also another not-so-stopping thing that pops up: Game says it can't find icon.png when it's still in the proper folder. This error doesn't pop up without gameupgrade or superengine tools on. Didn't notice that before because it didn't actually cause the game to break.

Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While this thread is open I figure I may as well piggy back on it. I'm not having a game stopping error, persay but... Well I posted this in the srd character creator thread:

So... Got a unique problem with the character creator plug-in. Well, more specifically super engine tools and game upgrade. Everything more or less works fine, but when I playtest I'm unable to close the playtest window with anything but the task manager. This only happens when both the game upgrade and super tools engine are online. If only one or the other is on, things are fine. But if both are on, I can't even alt-f4 out of the game window. No errors, just can't close the playtest window. This is independent of the character creation plug-in itself, but since it needs super tools and dynamic actors needs game upgrade I figured I'd post this here.

I've tried doing this in a blank project with no other plug-ins and it still comes up as an issue. Not sure what to do it about it.

And since then I had the sense to open the console to see if anything is written to it when I try to close the game and low and behold the following error pops up:

Error in event handler for nw.Window.onClose: TypeError: GameWindowManager.onWindowClose is not a function
at NWWindow.MakerManager.onWindowClose (chrome extension://odlameecjipmbmbejkplpemijjgpljce/js/plugins/SRD_SuperToolsEngine.js:587:20)

And it pops up every time I try to exit. Have to use task manager to stop the process.

Edit: also another not-so-stopping thing that pops up: Game says it can't find icon.png when it's still in the proper folder. This error doesn't pop up without gameupgrade or superengine tools on. Didn't notice that before because it didn't actually cause the game to break.
Well I have the same problem, but the task manager close it with no error

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I have the same problem, but the task manager close it with no error
I found another problem related to this that I wonder if you also experience: when you deploy your game, do you immediately get an error when trying to start the deployment? The editor playtest works with the caveat of not being able to close, but the deployment doesn't for me.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
STE and Game Upgrade are incompatible with 1.6.1 so you're likely to get a whole array of errors. Nothing to do but revert to 1.5 or wait until there's an update and see if solves your issue. (I noticed being unable to close the window after updating a project to 1.6.1 so that should be fixed at least, can't say about your other problems just yet.)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Htlaets Please don't piggyback on someone else's thread. Putting in a question which in unrelated to that of the OP is hi-jacking, which is against the Forum Rules. You can read them here.

I am splitting all this off into its own thread. If you think that the title doesn't quite describe your query, please edit it.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
STE and Game Upgrade are incompatible with 1.6.1 so you're likely to get a whole array of errors. Nothing to do but revert to 1.5 or wait until there's an update and see if solves your issue. (I noticed being unable to close the window after updating a project to 1.6.1 so that should be fixed at least, can't say about your other problems just yet.)
SRDUDE IS ALIVE!:rhappy::o

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Yeah, works great. Thanks. Only problem is the incompatibility with mac...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event has put me in a jolly mood, so I dug through my folders finished up some old generator pieces. Check my Fantasy Generator Expansion -Dwarfs! To see what I dropped.
Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narwhalkyrie