(SRD_TimedAttack) Creating a skill that hits a variable number of times.

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://sumrndm.site/timed-attack-mash/

I'm looking to create a skill that hits enemies a variable number of times based on how well the player mashes the action button.

The plugin uses the following variable
$gameTemp.tas_power
which in this case represents the percent of the bar that the player managed to fill up.

I can think of two ways to implement this:

1) find some way of setting the repeat value from inside the damage formula box.

2) find some way of using ($gameTemp.tas_power ) as a variable in a notetag that sets the repeat value. Yanfly's TargetCore should be able to do this, but it doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Also, and this is somewhat less significant, but at some point I'd like to do something similar with variable rates of status effects. Not as big of a deal, though, but would likely require similar techniques.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hitting variable numbers of times is probably going to require something like the Yanfly target core at least.

With a custom target formula, you can have it as the same target, the one you selected, multiple times, based on the result of the mini game.

On the other hand, you can get fancy with an action sequence and make a six (it however many you want) hit skill, but use if statements to make it skip the later hits based on how poorly you did. Something like:
Code:
Generic startup
First hit
If result > [x]: Second hit
If result > [y]: Third hit
If result > [z]: Final hit

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hitting variable numbers of times is probably going to require something like the Yanfly target core at least.

With a custom target formula, you can have it as the same target, the one you selected, multiple times, based on the result of the mini game.

On the other hand, you can get fancy with an action sequence and make a six (it however many you want) hit skill, but use if statements to make it skip the later hits based on how poorly you did. Something like:
Code:
Generic startup
First hit
If result > [x]: Second hit
If result > [y]: Third hit
If result > [z]: Final hit

I've already tried Yanfly's Target Core, it doesn't help with this.

Which Action Sequence pack would I need for that?

silent_drew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind, got it working.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralphthefifth