RMMV SRDude HudMaker and Summoning ghosts

Venesa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings! This is my first time posting something on here, and I am also rather new to javascript in general. My current project is rather "small" as I am working on it completely by myself.

I am working on a Persona-Esque style HUD using SumRndmDde's HUD Maker, and one of the party members has the ability to summon a ghost to help out. This ghost is immune to getting knocked out and only sticks around for a couple of turns. With the current way the HUD pieces are set, they simply display the Actor's info when put in their positions, and to not show up when there isn't an actor to fill it in.

The issue comes with the fact that I do not want the HP gauge to show up when the ghost is summoned. Seeing as Cour is a ghost, it doesn't make sense for their HP to display at all.
1603494166994.png

I was thinking of simply setting a Javascript evaluation in the condition part so simply create a specific HUD that only shows up for Cour's actor ID, though seeing as there are going to be occasions where the main party expands to be at least 5 Party memberes, I can see this being an issue. This is combined with the fact that I cannot figure out what scriptcall to use to check for a specific actor ID.

I have thought about trying to force Cour to join at a specific position to try and work around this, but I have yet to find a clear answer for that option. If they were forced to be in say, position 5, then a specific HUD bit wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Any advice would be great, as I am entirely new to all of this and have no one to ask personally.

PS: Something eles of note is that I am currently using Common events to summon the actor, as SRDude's Summon Core keeps summoning duplicates of the same actor and I can't figure out why.

Venesa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
um... in the Common event you could have a variable used. and have it so when the summon actor is called to use the variable to hid the gauge? tho that sounds similar to just using a conditional.

$gameParty.members()[p]._actorId checks the party member's id, but that might only work if the ghost is active... other than the variable Idea, I'm not quite sure what would help...

Venesa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe I have found a simpler solution! By using $gameParty.members()[4] && $gameParty.members()[4]._actorId != 4 in the condition bar, The Hp gauge and text will only appear both when an actor fills the position, and is said actor is not the ghost.

Now I am trying to figure out how to have the ghost de-summon when their MP has reached 0. I have tried to do so with Common Events, but it seems to lag out the game in a strange way. I know the formula to check is $gameActors.actor(4).mp == 0 , but I can't seem to think of how to place it exactly.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
awesome! glad you found a solution... as for the mp thing... do you have Yanfly's Auto Passives plugin? or Buffs and States Core cause those would make that pretty simple I feel.

what I'm thinking of would involve 2 states (only because I'm not versed enough to know how to combine these) but maybe you are...

<Custom Turn End Effect>
if(user.mp == 0){user.removeState(id)};
</Custom Turn End Effect>
use this where if their mp runs out, it removes a state from them

<Custom Remove Effect>
$gameParty.removeActor(4);
</Custom Remove Effect>
thus removing them with the second state.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to put these together but I don't necessarily know how to write it myself.

If you don't have Buffs and States core tho, I'm not exactly sure how you'd go about this. BUT That plugin is free at least.

Venesa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems to have worked at least about the way I wanted it, Now I just need to figure out an exit animation. This will be saved for a diffrent thread though, thank you for all the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy