SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That explanation doesn't really solve the issue of how to actually have them talk to each other. In the games I mentioned, talking to an enemy unit involves having the unit who is capable of convincing them to switch sides stand next to them, which would cause a new menu option labeled something like talk/convince to appear in the menu, which would trigger a conversation before the change. That would probably require an extension of some kind tbh. Preferably one that can be configured to designate who can talk to who individually. I don't know how complicated that would be though and I don't know JS at all, so I can't do it.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
_
That explanation doesn't really solve the issue of how to actually have them talk to each other. In the games I mentioned, talking to an enemy unit involves having the unit who is capable of convincing them to switch sides stand next to them, which would cause a new menu option labeled something like talk/convince to appear in the menu, which would trigger a conversation before the change. That would probably require an extension of some kind tbh. Preferably one that can be configured to designate who can talk to who individually. I don't know how complicated that would be though and I don't know JS at all, so I can't do it.
you dont need Js knowledge, you can handle that within events or common events..
(i dont have JS knowledge i just google)
-to input new "Skilltype" like "magic" or "talk" you can use special equip to learn or forget the "Skilltype",by equiping and unequiping with EventCommands
..i use special accescoires to enable and disable "summon"
for example ,which is needed to summon espers..
example.pngexample 2.png
you can block "change equip" on the special equip slots in order to make it impossible to use these slots for the human player
-u can make "talk skills" (="talk to *name of unit*) that trigger Common Events,when using them..
-as Trigger on when to make things happen u can use "pre-action Phase" "Post-action Phase" ,"battlestart" and Variables (like the distance between 2 units) or Switches
-every Plugin you need, to do that, is in the updatedDemo and every scriptcall you need, is to find in the help description of the Plugins.
-most things can be handled with "normal" Eventcommands

..how "complicated" it gets depends on how u want to trigger it.. i assumed u just want to use the Variable of the distance between 2 units or the number of remaining enemys or the number of remaining actors ect.. and than start the texts without using an extra skill
(thats how it works in the first-SRPG_Demo)..

->..do you want a clone of fire emblem? Im not sure how much i need to explain so ill wait for more Questions on that..
edit.
(sry i dont know "Super Robot Wars " ..and sry for my poor english i just reworked the text a little bit..)

Last edited:

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Thanks for help me! :cutesmile: I´m so thankful.

Today i tried the new demo and the skill of fusion now is better, and you did possible for my game's most important feature to be with the exact combat system.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q
(...), let me know if you're running into new errors after everything has been updated.
i think i found some Bugs about the new Plugin Setup..

(Thats in the OLD Plugin SETUP)
i recognized that "king" special range is incompatible with celltarget or more specific it doesnt work if the target is "nothing"
EDIT (=>other special range "types" do work, i tested all of them)
Test SKILL INFO "NOTHING"
4nothing.png
--------------------------> EG PICS @ bugtesting
11111.png22222.png3333333.png
That was with the OLD Plugin SETUP.. so i wanted to find out
if it works better in the NEW plugin SETUP and found some
Bugs ..

"celltarget" skills get gamebreaking Error
"AOE"s only work if the center target has an Enemy in it
55.png
Because the gamebreaking error happens BEFORE Battle Prediction Window i cant say if "KING" works better with the new Plugins
However the Bugs in the NEW Plugin SETUP are more Important

also pls read the edited "@ DrQ"-Spoiler @ #600
(just incase you didnt recognized)

----

@ All: just incase anybody needs an Updated Demo Version with the old Plugin Setup
as long the Bugs of the New Plugin Setup(=in version 1.2) are not solved ..
I just made another version..and will put it in this Posting while keeping the Signature
with the Version 1.2 for Bugtesting

->Updated Demo 1.1 with OLD PLUGIN SETUP: (Dr.Qs Plugins) this will be changed into 1.3
as soon the Bugs from 1.2 are solved and the NEW Plugin Setup can be added..

-Added a simple "Pre-Battle-Phase-Rearrange-System" for 2 new maps
-Added 2 new Maps: "Chucks Place 1b and 1c "("Pre-Battle-Phase-Rearrange-System")
-Added 2 new Common Events
-Added 1 Rearrange Skill and an extra Hero Class
-Added a special accesoire Item + extra Equip-slot to Control the "SkillTypes" of the new Hero-Class
-cleaned up some little issues of Fusion Map.. "Call Party Member" and "Fusion" dont require
the MoveRoute Plugin anymore ..its solved in the Common Events with EventCommands..but it works both
UpdatedDemo Version 1.1 Link (old Plugin Setup)

Last edited:

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to use character sheets with more than 3 frames of animation while in battle and on-map battle off? I use GALV's Character Frames for my 8 frame characters and it works until the battle begins -- then the actor's sprite is just static even while moving.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Updated SRPG_PositionEffects.js to work with the 1.27 code base. This should also fix the issues it had with the "king" special range, since 1.27 handles special ranges better than before.

The AoE issue you're having sounds like you need to make sure you have the latest versions of everything and double check your plugin order- AoE skills should work as long as at least one valid target is within the area (just like regular skills only working if you select a valid target).

The idea of SRPG_AoE_Extra is that anyone can make their own copy and give it a different name, add their own AoE shapes, and you can install as many different copies as you want underneath SRPG_AoE and get all of the different AoE shapes added together. They work as extensions to the plugin, in case someone wants to make their own non-standard shapes for their game, or to share with others.
For updating your AoE shapes to work with minimum size, you just need to take anywhere you'd normally check if something was > size, and also check if it's < minSize. You can see it just by looking at the examples included with SRPG_AoE_Extra, where I also included descriptions of each of the parameters you can use.

As to addActionTimes and the various animation frame issues, I'll start looking into them, as I haven't tried using either until now.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q
@Dopan
The AoE issue you're having sounds like you need to make sure you have the latest versions of everything and double check your plugin order- AoE skills should work as long as at least one valid target is within the area (just like regular skills only working if you select a valid target).
well i used the same plugin order which worked well in the other Plugin Setup and Demos..And im pretty sure its all updated, just checked it again..changing plugin orders only give me gamebreaking plugin orders or AOE buged ones (like in the VIDEO)..you can look into version 1.2 to see the Pluginorder i used..(in the signature..1.2 only needs an update of SRPG_PositionEffects.js ..pls dont be confused,the file name is 1.2
I just forgot to change it in the demo there it says 1.1)
But perhaps it would help me more if you could give me a screenshot of the Plugin order for Functional SRPG Plugins which you are using and which is workig well.

The only other idea i got is that i used the "text format Code" -"UTF-8" because "ANSI"(=Default when saving txt Files) has problems with the asian text..Should i use another "code format" than "UTF-8" and if yes which one?
Updating SRPG_PositionEffects.js solved the gamebreaking issue and also the "king" issue.thx

EDIT
Im pretty sure the Problem is within the new SRPG_core
- i just used a fresh version of
1.1(=old Plugins) from #604 and the version 1.2(=new Plugins) from the Signature..
I updated the SRPG_PositionEffects.js in 1.2 and then added every new plugin from 1.2(=AOE Bug) to 1.1(=AOE Worked) in order to locate the Problem.. the last Plugin i added was the NEW CORE and this was the point where the AOEs are Buged.., with the old core the AOEs worked fine. I hope that helps

Edit2
@Dopan
For updating your AoE shapes to work with minimum size, you just need to take anywhere you'd normally check if something was > size, and also check if it's < minSize. You can see it just by looking at the examples included with SRPG_AoE_Extra, where I also included descriptions of each of the parameters you can use.
I did this ,but because of how the most of my shapes are calculated it doesnt work well on most of them..
(my formulas where very experimental and mostly copy pasted + trial and error made)
Only "Sun" which is made pretty similar like "star" is Compatible so i left the old formula on the others..
-> if u like u can Add "Sun" to the main AOE-Plugin aswell here is the Compatible-Code:
Code:
case 'sun':
                if (Math.abs(dx) > size || Math.abs(dy) > size) return false;
                if (Math.abs(dx) < minSize || Math.abs(dy) < minSize) return false;
                if (Math.abs(dx) == Math.abs(dy) || dx == 0 || dy == 0) return true;
                if (Math.abs(dx)+Math.abs(dy) > size - 3) return false;
                if (Math.abs(dx)+Math.abs(dy) < minSize - 3) return false;
                if (Math.abs(dx)+Math.abs(dy) - 3 > size) return false;
                if (Math.abs(dx)+Math.abs(dy) - 3 < minSize) return false;
                return true;
--> next time i make AOE Types ill use the help info from the extraAOE plugin ,in order to create my formulas and try to focus more on the compatiblety with <srpgAreaMinRange:x>
For now i will just write in my help info from dopanPlugin that only "sun" is Compatible
as soon as i make the next update-upload

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still in the process of investigating other issues, but I fixed some stuff in how AoE minimum ranges were working. Github is up to date again.
  • SRPG_AoE correctly handles minimum ranges for all default AoE shapes
  • SRPG_AoE_Extra requires less math and has (I think) better instructions on making your own shapes

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still in the process of investigating other issues, but I fixed some stuff in how AoE minimum ranges were working. Github is up to date again.
  • SRPG_AoE correctly handles minimum ranges for all default AoE shapes
  • SRPG_AoE_Extra requires less math and has (I think) better instructions on making your own shapes
DOESNT WORK* on all AOEs (no AOE shape)
The other "SRPG_AoE" Versions which work can be found in 1.1(=old Plugins) and 1.2(=new Plugins)

*tested with both Setups,in other words with the old Core +Plugins and the New Core +Plugins

edit
about the extra Frames thing: I found this
Plugin from here,
i dont fully understand it but it could be heplfull..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DOESNT WORK* on all AOEs (no AOE shape)
The other "SRPG_AoE" Versions which work can be found in 1.1(=old Plugins) and 1.2(=new Plugins)

*tested with both Setups,in other words with the old Core +Plugins and the New Core +Plugins
Which ones does it not work on specifically? Because it was working on all the tests I did, for the AoE shapes included in the base version. And you shouldn't mix versions of plugins in this case, as the 1.27 core changed a few things that can break if you use new with old, or vice-versa.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which ones does it not work on specifically? Because it was working on all the tests I did, for the AoE shapes included in the base version. And you shouldn't mix versions of plugins in this case, as the 1.27 core changed a few things that can break if you use new with old, or vice-versa.
it doenst work on both ..
..and the new core wasnt compatible (with both of the older working versions of "SRPG_AoE") because of not executing aoes while no enemy is in the curser..i didnt want to mix anything i just tried to find out what works and what doesnt work, in order to locate the problem.
(thats why im keeping both Plugin-Setups seperated:
old on 1.1(=old Plugins) and new on 1.2(=new Plugins))

->i got allready a new updatedDemo version with more Maps, which i dont upload before all works with the new*, because i dont want to mix old and new
*(=or in other words ,before the new Core is Bugfree)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which AoE shapes does minimum range not work for?
Sry i wasnt talking about minimum range, i mean "not working" like "NO AOE Shape", even without minimum range.. thats on all shape types

Edit:
@ ALL; I finally reworked the formulas of my AOE Extension-Plugin:
-All AOE Shape Types are Fully COMPATIBLE with <srpgAreaMinRange:> !
-1 new Type added "pyramide"
-1 Test Type added "test" ("test" is more for my privat usage but nvm)
-added formula Descriptions (as far i could explain it)
>>updated in the plugin only SignatureLink, not updated into the Demo
-->1.1(=old Plugins) and
1.2(=new Plugins except the new SRPG_PositionEffects.js download it from DrQs Github! )
(Version 1.3 will be uploaded when the New Core works bugfree)

Edit @ Doktor_Q
The issues i got are on the NEW CORE(=from 1.2) and
on the Newest(=Github) "SRPG_AoE"(=which is not added into any UpdatedDemo Version).
All other Plugins work Fine (not tested the "Extra Aoe"-Plugin).
ATM im using the OLD CORE(=from 1.1) ,+SRPG_AoE(=from the1.2) +all other new Plugins which work bugfree as far i know..
Edit Example Pics
the Cursor has no enemy in it = Fight trigger Disabledbuged new core example.png
With an enemy in the Cursor this would work = Fight trigger Enabled
this Happens with the OLD and the NEW Plugin Setup + Newest(=Github) SRPG_AOE with all shapeTypes Not working most new SRPG AOE EG.png

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q

Sry for double posting,but i think i found out the exact reason why and where the NEWcore is buged..
I made a video and 2 screenshots.. it has something to do with the skill-range..
if 1 enemy unit is in "skillrange" (not aoe-shape or arearange) the AOE will work . But if the enemy unit is outside of skillrange ,the AOE shape wont trigger. I consider this still as bug ,because this should work in both cases like it did in the OldCore.Hopefully this helps to find out how to fix this.
And sry but i got still no idea why the newest "SRPG_AoE" (= from Github) doesnt work.
THIS whole Example was made with UpdatedDemoVersion 1.2 (=NEWcore+NEWplugins) and the newest SRPG_PositionEffects.js (=from DrQs Github..)

THIS WORKS
eg 1 work.png
---
eg 2 dont work.png
THIS DOESNT WORK

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan it looks like there was a typo in the version of SRPG_AoE uploaded to the GitHub. In the future, if things aren't working, hit F8 to see if there's any errors in the console.

If there's still errors, let me know and I'll keep investigating.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan it looks like there was a typo in the version of SRPG_AoE uploaded to the GitHub. In the future, if things aren't working, hit F8 to see if there's any errors in the console.

If there's still errors, let me know and I'll keep investigating.
The new added SRPG_AoE (from github) supports the normal AOE shapes ,but it doesnt work on all of my own AOE shapes ,even on "test" which has no formula and just returns the default shape as long i dont put a new test formula in it..
So i think this SRPG_AoE doesnt support an extension or at least not the newest "dopan" extension..
(which is not added in any demo yet and which is supported with the first version of SRPG_AoE that has "minSize" =the SRPG_AoE version in 1.2-UpdatedDemo)
And still also with the new SRPG_AoE with all the other newest plugins,
(and new Core) the newcore-issues are still there.
-> i found another info on that newcore-issue:
if an enemy is in skill-range but not in aoe-shape while others are in aoe-shape but not in skill-range.. The AOE wont trigger (fight trigger disabled).
That means to trigger the AOE with the new-core u need an enemy which is in skill-range and in the aoe-shape at the same time.

-There was no error when hitting F8-

Here some pics:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png
Last Pic: this happens to all Shapes which are not in the Main AOE plugin (="dopan_AoeTypes")

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Yes, the format for SRPG_AoE_Extra was changed a bit, so you'll have to re-work your custom ranges. Specifically, you can now use either x and y (for fixed shapes) or rx and ry (for shapes that can be rotated).

Can you post your plugin order for the SRPG plugins? I still can't reproduce the problem on my projects.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Yes, the format for SRPG_AoE_Extra was changed a bit, so you'll have to re-work your custom ranges. Specifically, you can now use either x and y (for fixed shapes) or rx and ry (for shapes that can be rotated).

Can you post your plugin order for the SRPG plugins? I still can't reproduce the problem on my projects.
Im not sure if thats possible i tried it once with the "new"code and i would preffer to keep the other SRPG_AoE(=with "MinSize") that supports my plugin..but i will try..
EDIT2
On top is my old Code of "pyramide"
Screenshot_1.png
and "test" Below was my try to make the same with the new AOE-Code
Or perhaps the Newest SRPG_AoE doesnt support my Plugin no matter what code i put in and i have to use a whole new

"SRPG_AoE_Extra" instead?
edit
i just used a SRPG_AoE_Extra and added "test" formula from the screenshoot.. it didnt work.

Like i said i just used the demo 1.2 and i left this version in my signature for bugtesting (you only need to add the newsest SRPG_PositionEffects.js and the Newest SRPG_AoE. The plugin order is the same,but i made 2 screenshots if u preffer that.
Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_6.png

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan yes, you would need to make a new version based on the latest SRPG_AoE_Extra, since the basic parameters changed.

To make the square - cross shape, your equation would look something like this:
Code:
if (Math.abs(x) > size || Math.abs(y) > size) return false; // inside square
if (Math.abs(x) < minSize && Math.abs(y) < minSize) return false; // outside min size square
if (Math.abs(x) == Math.abs(y)) return false; // not along the X-shape
return true;
The advantage of the new format is massively simplifying directional AoEs- just take any formula and use rx and ry in place of x and y, as you can see in the current version of the "line" and "cone" shapes.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan yes, you would need to make a new version based on the latest SRPG_AoE_Extra, since the basic parameters changed.

To make the square - cross shape, your equation would look something like this:
Code:
if (Math.abs(x) > size || Math.abs(y) > size) return false; // inside square
if (Math.abs(x) < minSize && Math.abs(y) < minSize) return false; // outside min size square
if (Math.abs(x) == Math.abs(y)) return false; // not along the X-shape
return true;
The advantage of the new format is massively simplifying directional AoEs- just take any formula and use rx and ry in place of x and y, as you can see in the current version of the "line" and "cone" shapes.
this CODE didnt work .. are you sure this SRPG_AoE supports any extension=? i mean it seems like the extension is not even connected.. And im sure you are right with the advantages but atm its more the opposite to me
(edit I tried it with the newest versions of all plugins ect on an "extra aoe plugin" with the name "test aoe" instead of "dopan aoe".. and of course i diasabled the dopan aoe Plugin for this..)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess