SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

theredglove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dopan

Hi, thanks for all the amazing support work you do on this plugin!

I was wondering if there is a way to detect the range of an attack and program in animations accordingly. I want to do a weapon like a javelin that functions both in ranged and melee, but with different animations. I.E. in melee the character stabs, in ranged, they throw a projectile. I wanted to do this by making a unique skill for that weapon type, putting the code into the skill notes, then using the <srpgWeaponSkill:> note on the weapon. The only thing I can't figure out is how to call and check the range at which an attack is happening.

So is it possible to do something like the following pseudocode for the skill note?

if(attackrange = 1)
{run specified melee animation with Yanfly script}

if (attackrange != 1)
{run specified ranged animation with Yanfly script}

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I was wondering if there is a way to detect the range of an attack and program in animations accordingly. I want to do a weapon like a javelin that function both in ranged and melee. I wanted to do this by making a unique skill for those weapon types, putting the code into the skill notes, then using the <srpgWeaponSkill:> note on the weapon. The only thing I can't figure out is how to call and check the range at which an attack is happening.

So is it possible to do something like the following pseudocode for the skill note?

if(attackrange = 1)

if (attackrange != 1)
atleast u can allways calculate the distance betwen Events, and u can also use the "acting Event"-Variable and the "target Event"-Variable..( you can find that in the SRPG_Core plugin )
It is also possible to create selfmade NoteTags but u need JS Knowledge and be able to make a plugin for that.
And if u cant do that ,u have to work with Common Events..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan

I was wondering if there is a way to detect the range of an attack and program in animations accordingly. I want to do a weapon like a javelin that functions both in ranged and melee, but with different animations. I.E. in melee the character stabs, in ranged, they throw a projectile. I wanted to do this by making a unique skill for that weapon type, putting the code into the skill notes, then using the <srpgWeaponSkill:> note on the weapon. The only thing I can't figure out is how to call and check the range at which an attack is happening.

if(attackrange = 1)

if (attackrange != 1)
As Dopan said, $gameTemp.SrpgDistance() will tell you how far apart the two events are at the time of selection. This can be used in damage formulas and Yanfly script notetags. If you're using SRPG_MapBattle_Motions, you can use the script calls in the plugin description to apply some of the motions manually inside the yanfly tags instead of using the normal settings- I recommend using <customExecution> for anything you want to happen at the start of the skill, since it runs immediately after paying the skill cost, but before any other calculations.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-> i will try later, to build a "flight type" ,in order to get more info, (..)
@ ses1715
I just finished the Setup for a "flying" Class = "fairy"
And i added this Image (spoiler) for better understanding to the Updated-SRPG_Demo 3.0
i can assure that the "<srpgThroughTag:X>" works as ussual aslong the Setup is right..
(i have to admit i also made some mistakes,before i figured it out^^)

@ All
sry but when i made this flying setup ,i recognized some little mistakes in the "TerrainStates CommonEvent Setup" and fixed it..i also fixed some info text..
(it was because of the 2 newPriests in Chucks "default map 0")
..so this is still Final Version 3.0 of the Updated_SRPG_Demo.
(bugfixed again and with an Example on how to use "<srpgThroughTag:X>")
=> like i said this is supposed to be the final Version and only want to fix any Mistakes i didnt recognized earlier..
(or update the Link if any Plugin gets an Update)

Changelog: (no New Plugins and No Plugin Changes)
- added new Class = "Fairy" for actor9 = "nymphe"
(with ClassNotetags for "flying")
- changed the State name "flying" into "fast_on_Ice" in order to avoid Confusion,because it makes more sence this way..
- fixed little Issues on "TerrainStates CommonEvent Setup"
( & fixed some info text)
- added Example for the Flying-Class to "Chucks map 1" (TerrainEffect-Map):
--> this map show how it works and it uses extra changed tiles, (terrain tag 2)..
.. in order to let the class "fairie"(Actor9) Fly over the purple tiles while other Units like "shadow"(Actor10) cant move there..
=>Updated Link in my Signature Spoiler is online!
This is Made for => "Chucks map 1" (TerrainEffect-Map)
nymphe can fly.png
--
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

theredglove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dopan @Doktor_Q

Thanks so much for your responses! I got it working. It was actually much simpler than I thought.

Here's my skill notes if anyone's interested in replicating this:

<srpgRange: -1>
(If srpgRange is set to -1, it means it
will apply <weaponRange> setup from
the weapon and enemy notetag.)

--YEP Action Sequence----------------------

<setup action>
IMMORTAL: targets, true
WAIT: 15
DISPLAY ACTION
if $gameTemp.SrpgDistance() == 1
MOVE user: target, BASE, 40, auto offset x -100, auto offset y +1
MOTION STANDBY: user
WAIT FOR MOVEMENT
else
WAIT: 40
end
</setup action>

<whole action>
</whole action>

<target action>
MOTION ATTACK: user
end

if $gameTemp.SrpgDistance() !== 1
MOTION THRUST: user, no weapon
WAIT: 25
create object: 1, "your custom projectile", user, 0, -15
SE: Wind7
MOVE object 1: target, CENTER, 30
WAIT: 30
DELETE object: 1
end

ACTION EFFECT: target
if !target.result().missed && !target.result().evaded
ATTACK ANIMATION: target
WAIT FOR ANIMATION
else
WAIT: 24
end
</target action>

<follow action>
IMMORTAL: targets, false
MOTION WALK: user
</follow action>

<finish action>
CLEAR BATTLE LOG
JUMP user: 60, 40
MOVE user: RETURN, 40
MOTION ESCAPE: user
WAIT FOR MOVEMENT
end

WAIT FOR EFFECT
MOTION WALK: user
end
</finish action>

Aquilux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i think i have to test more NoteTags.But i can say for sure that the Weaponskill plugin i mentioned earlier ,does also affect the counter-skill which is used.
("Weaponskill"-plugin is part of the "Updated-SRPG_Demo".. )
----------
@Dopan @Doktor_Q @lyonft
Using the "default demo" for simplicity, I was able to successfully use the SRPG_core.js
<srpgWeaponSkill:X> note tag feature. I then added the Weaponskill plugin, and tried it's <skill_id:X> note tag feature instead, but it would not activate. These seem to have the same goal of replacing a weapon's basic attack with a custom skill - is there any functional difference? If not, then I don't see a need for an extra plugin when the SRPGcore works (and works consistently).

In the default demo, I also tested the "agiAttack+" for my own learning experience, and I also confirmed that it failed to counterattack properly (countering attacks are locked to RPGMaker MV's actual "counterattack" function, which is a hard coded as a dodge->0001 Attack retaliation sequence), and actors certainly never double attacked when attacking or defending. With it disabled though, the default system does allow the defender to respond with one action tied to their equipment, and I did confirm that this action (defender's responding attack) does indeed obey <srpgWeaponSkill:X> note tags.

Based on this finding, It seems that the default demo package is executing something like this:
give defender an additional action + force this action to automatically be spent on the Attack action.
This is enabling the defender to actually utilize <srpgWeaponSkill:X> upon the counter as if the player selected the Attack option in battle.

Therefore, if someone had the expertise to modify the agiAttack.js to

1) give defender an additional action + force this action to automatically be spent on the Attack action (INSTEAD OF RPGMaker MV's "counterattack" function using the hard coded dodge->0001 Attack retaliation sequence), and

2) to then give a bonus action to any battler with 5 or more agility than the other battler + force this action to automatically be spent on the Attack action...

Then, the true Fire Emblem battle sequence could be achieved (also given that we can have the attacker always attack first, which is apparently not the default in the default demo).

And a word of caution to anyone willing to attempt this: the default sequence italicized above may have to be "deactivated" in order to not conflict with an upgraded agiAttack+. Alternatively, if this coder can find where the italicized sequence above is activating, that script could probably be updated at that point in the .js (since it's already almost there) in order to add the described double attack (bonus Attack action) to the battler with higher agility without bothering with an additional plugin.

I feel like we are very close in that the problem is now reasonably understood, and the proposed solution above seems feasible. I tried to examine the scripts, but I have zero coding background, unfortunately. The best I can do is contribute this research to someone more knowledgeable. I really hope it helps and that someone capable can use the shared info to achieve the core Fire Emblem counter and double attacking battle experience.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aquilux WeaponSkill.js is a default RPGMaker plugin, meant for use in general RPGMaker content. <srpgWeaponSkill:X> is a notetag specifically designed for use with the SRPG plugin and all of its quirks and systems- most importantly, it also works for enemies. Since you have access to the <srpgWeaponSkill:X> notetag, there's no reason to use WeaponSkill.js at all, as it gives you no additional functionality.

Also, it sounds like you might want to take a look at SRPG_StatBasedCounter.js, which removes the normal dodge->counter, and instead uses your counter rate to determine whether or not you get to hit the enemy back.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About <srpgWeaponSkill:X> -from SRPG_Core and the default RPG WeaponSkill.js - Plugin:

Well after Aquilux mentioned earlier (#873), that <srpgWeaponSkill:X> doesnt affect Counters ,..
..,i looked into my main project, cos i knew that i had a WeaponSkill there,which affects the CounterAttack..
Thats the only reason, i mentioned the WeaponSkill.js Plugin.So now if i understood it right, the <srpgWeaponSkill:X> does affect the Counterattack,in the default demo..(#886)

-> i had to edit the text here because , i recognized that:
Actors 9 ;11; 12 had no "exParameter CounterStat 100%"

=>And i am a little bit confused on this(#873,#886),..
,but however i tested <srpgWeaponSkill:X> in the Updated-SRPG_Demo after, adding :
"exParameter CounterStat 100%" to "Actors 9 ;11; 12"
..and <srpgWeaponSkill:X> works and affects the CounterAttack.
- than i deleted the WeaponSkill.js from the PluginManager ..
(because its not needed)
So i ReUploaded the Updated-SRPG_Demo FinalVersion 3.0 with those Changes.

=> as reminder: the Updated-SRPG_Demo uses DrQs "StatCounter"-plugin and that requires the "exParameter CounterStat" in order to let a Counter happen.

And about "agiAttack+" :
As far as i understand it,this plugin doesnt work like its supposed to do,or atleast we couldnt make it work.So as long as nobody is able to make it work properly ,or to edit it in order to fix whatever is wrong with that Plugin, i will classify this Plugin as Buged, if anybody asks again how to use it^^

However thx for the Info.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q Have you recently gotten in contact with the user who made the Battle Objects plugin? I've tried the demo one time and was really impressed with actually firing the bow, the object moving towards the target.

I was imagining this for RPG Maker MZ recently, and VisuStella's sequences are all done in common events.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RK DracoRoy No, I have no connection to whoever wrote the Battle Objects plugin. It's something @RyanBram included in his initial demo of the plugins, but isn't strictly related to the SRPG plugins. I also haven't touched MZ at all, and likely won't for the near future.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well i tried another investigation on "agiAttack+" .
I found out,that a few other people allready mentioned that the "Extra battleAction if high on agi" doesnt work.
There was even a really helpfull Info #103 from Keystone,
this showed how do make the extra Action work with that Plugin, but only right after the first action..
-next problem is ,that if the "target" dies after first hit,the "user"
will still try to hit "nothing"
(it looks a bit wrong but nothing gamebreaking)

-> However i was not able to fix that plugin,BUT i was able to replicate a even better walkaround ..
(better than using the AgiAtt+ to do it, as explained above)
=> If we are ok with the fact that the SecondAction happens right after the FirstAction..
(without letting the "target" counter first,it counters at the end)
.. than following info could be helpfull:
Code:
user.forceAction(1, target); // => (..)

<Custom Execution>
(..) // happens before everything
</Custom Execution>

<Before Eval>
(..) // happens before first Hit in SVbattle
</Before Eval>

<Pre-Damage Eval>
(..) // happens after first hit but before counter from "target"
</Pre-Damage Eval>

<Post-Damage Eval>
</Post-Damage Eval>

<After Eval>
</After Eval>
if we use :
Code:
user.forceAction(1, target);
in one of the SkillCore "Evals (..)" (spoiler above)
than we will add an extra Action!
- "1" is the Skill ID
(any other skill could also be used as extra action^^ but it probably has to be a skill that runs im SV battle mode in this Example)
- "user" and "target" only work in those SkillnoteTags
- if we want to use this Code above in a Common Event for Example.. we can use the following Code in a scriptcall instead:
Code:
var userUnit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1];
var targetUnit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId())[1];
userUnit.forceAction(1, targetUnit);
=> only 1 battleAction can be added this way ,because it makes no difference if we use <Pre-Damage Eval> or <Post-Damage Eval> or <After Eval>

--> However with this information we can use all kind of "If conditions" in order to decide how the "extra Action" will be added!
..,- not just "if user has higher agi than target"..
=> we could ask about the "Luk" or the "HP" of "user" or "target" or even more complicated stuff..
=>another bonus is, this can be made for any Skill with SkillNoteTags ,not just the "main-Attack", this gives us much more options than the "agiAttack+" did.
=> no extra Plugin is needed
(only the Yep SkillCore in this Example)

.. i didnt made any examples in the demo for that but i can
assure that the Code stuff shown Here works^^

-> if anybody has problems to replicate this because i explained it not well enough ,please ask ^^

edit

Im pretty sure that the "forceAction" ScriptCall, only works in SV battle mode..
-> if anybody knows a ScriptCall to replicate "forceAction" or atleast build a "repeatSameAction"-Function for MapBattle"true" ,please let me know^^
( used in a Common Event for Example )

=> i tried several things after looking into SRPG_MapBattle.js but had no luck on this..

Last edited:

cale199

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So the agiattackplus doesnt work then? Is there a workaround for it? Or something I can use agility for?

theredglove

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dopan @Doktor_Q

Is there a way to add a statement to SRPG_core to make it so that missed attacks only count for 1 EXP?
I've edited the file to set up a Fire Emblem-style EXP formula, but can't quite figure out how to check for a miss in the battle engine. I'm a pretty basic Javascript user, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the code and pseudocode:

// EXPを返す
var _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal = Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal;
Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
if (this.SrpgBattleEnemys() && this.SrpgBattleEnemys().length > 0) {
var actor = $gameParty.battleMembers()[0];
for (var i = 0; i < this.members().length; i++) {
var enemy = this.members();
elvl = (enemy.level);
}
if (this.isAllDead()) {
return Math.floor(31 + (elvl - actor.level * 2));

} else if(attack misses){ <---Pseucode
return 1; <---Pseucode

} else {
return Math.floor(10 + (elvl - actor.level));
}
} else {
var exp = actor.nextLevelExp() - actor.currentLevelExp();
return Math.floor(exp * _srpgBattleExpRateForActors);
}
} else {
return _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal.call(this);
}
};

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan @Doktor_Q

Is there a way to add a statement to SRPG_core to make it so that missed attacks only count for 1 EXP?
I've edited the file to set up a Fire Emblem-style EXP formula, but can't quite figure out how to check for a miss in the battle engine. I'm a pretty basic Javascript user, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the code and pseudocode:

// EXPを返す
var _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal = Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal;
Game_Troop.prototype.expTotal = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
if (this.SrpgBattleEnemys() && this.SrpgBattleEnemys().length > 0) {
for (var i = 0; i < this.members().length; i++) {
var enemy = this.members();
elvl = (enemy.level);
}
if (this.isAllDead()) {
return Math.floor(31 + (elvl - actor.level * 2));

} else if(attack misses){ <---Pseucode
return 1; <---Pseucode

} else {
return Math.floor(10 + (elvl - actor.level));
}
} else {
var exp = actor.nextLevelExp() - actor.currentLevelExp();
return Math.floor(exp * _srpgBattleExpRateForActors);
}
} else {
return _SRPG_Game_Troop_expTotal.call(this);
}
};
@ theredglove
There is a japanese Plugin which can change the exp rate ,but i dont know if that could help..
Also there are 2 functions in the core param Setup that can influense the exp..
perhaps it would be possible to look into those functions and the Codes in order to build a mini plugin that does what u want.(without editing the Core)
But i cant really help u with JS, im a noob myself with JS ^^
2 EXP- Core Functions
Screenshot_1.png
---
1 japanese EXP Plugin
Screenshot_2.png

edit
So the agiattackplus doesnt work then? Is there a workaround for it? Or something I can use agility for?
@cale199
you can use it, if u edit lt like its mentioned here #103 .But i wouldnt do that because of its Incompatibletys to other more important Plugins.I would advice to use the "force action" function instead, like its explained here #891. With a Common Event and some extra "if Conditions" about the Agi from "user" & " target". But that only works for SV BattleMode.
Thats why I am trying to figure out, how to make a similar function like "force action" for MapBattle"true".

Goal: SOLVED
best would be if it would be possible to create a Plugin-ScriptCall that triggers the Funtion,this way it can be used in a CommonEvent or perhaps also with an "Eval-Notetag" or "CustomEx Notetag".. a Scriptcall like:

"Scene_Map.prototype.srpgMapForceAction(userId, targetId, skillId, payCost);"

Last edited:

YoruCold

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can anyone help me? it says when i launch the game with the plugins
"Loading Error"
"Failed to load: img/characters/srpg_set.png"

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can anyone help me? it says when i launch the game with the plugins
"Loading Error"
"Failed to load: img/characters/srpg_set.png"
the IMG "srpg_set.png" seems to be missing in the "img/characters"-Folder , its needed to have a cursor for example..
srpg_set.png

YoruCold

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the IMG "srpg_set.png" seems to be missing in the "img/characters"-Folder , its needed to have a cursor for example..
tnx for that is that img free to use for commercial or non- commercial ???

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tnx for that is that img free to use for commercial or non- commercial ???
as far as i know,yes .. the img is part of the demo by default

------------

EDIT @ All
Info Update about the planed "MapForceAction"-Function.

I think i solved it, atleast it seems to work ,but i didnt tested it properly..
New Mini-Plugin => "SRPG_MapForceAction.js"
(Still Experimental, pls report any Issues or Bugs)
Code:
//"Scene_Map.prototype.srpgMapForceAction(userId, targetId, skillId, payCost);"
        Scene_Map.prototype.srpgMapForceAction = function(userId, targetId, skillId, payCost) {

var user = $gameSystem.EventToUnit(userId);
             var target = $gameSystem.EventToUnit(targetId);
             if ((!user[1].isDead()) && (!target[1].isDead())) {

$gameTemp.setActiveEvent($gameMap.event(userId));

$gameTemp.setTargetEvent($gameMap.event(targetId));

$gameTemp.setShouldPayCost(payCost);

$gameSystem.forceSRPGBattleMode('map');

user[1].forceAction(skillId, target[1]);

$gameSystem.setSubBattlePhase('invoke_action');

this.srpgBattleStart(user, target);

var action = user[1].currentAction();

user[1].useItem(action.item());

}
            return true
        };
this is the used "SRPG_MapForceAction.js"-Plugin Scriptcall:
Code:
Scene_Map.prototype.srpgMapForceAction(userId, targetId, skillId, payCost);

//Example:

Scene_Map.prototype.srpgMapForceAction(9, 28, 1, true);

//this will forceAction, with "user"(event id 9 ),"target"(event id 28 ),..
//..,using "Skill 1" with "PayCost"= true.
Download Links in the Signature Spoiler are Updated
(no other changes in the Updated-SRPG_Demo only the New Plugin is added)

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to create multi tiled units?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to create multi tiled units?
Not currently. I tried a few times to make a plugin for it, but it always ends up incompatible with everything else related to range, targeting, an AI, so I wouldn't hold by breath for that as a feature. Too much of the code assumes that 1 tile = 1 unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:
I have trauma after accidentally stumbling upon vore CYOA on text adventures and then reading the description "unwilling and willing" "one half lives inside other half" Oh my.... And peoples comments... "please add pregnant" "very good" "the best vore CYOA ive ever seen"...what...I wanna vomit, seriously. Its horrible.
If you're reviewing someone else's game, don't focus only on the negative and criticize them. Use positive constructive feedback. As game developers, we need to empower one another; not put each other down.
just posted a song I made for my game a while back... I sampled the HEY from Earthworm Jim's Snot a problem levels lol...
Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackkhan