SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
first of all, which core or which demo did u use when having this Issues on AOEs? (as much info as possible pls^^)

Oh ok, I was using in it my own project, with Core 1.27 + Q.
A request, coud you set the version number to show in the Plugin description i the MV editor? I had to open the .js to get the version...

second ,yes the plugin SRPG_Aura.js has a Function "passive AOE" that does affect all Units which are in a Distance of another unit..(units can be all Units, or actors ,or enemys, or team)
-> example: Unit X has other 4 Units within a range than those 4 and the 1Unit X will get DMG ,will play animation and will get DMG-Popup.. but this Function has no BattleResult Window yet and its more like the Dmg was made by nobody..
But this Function could Probably get Expanded if needed..

edit

JavaScript:
  // PassiveAOE Team: "this.isPassiveAoeTeam(unitId, rangeId, aniId, hpId, mpId, tpId, "team");"
This is probably what you need it will work on all Units ,..
(also beeing the Unit X will be Possible for all Units)..
but the Effect will only happen on Team-members, that way Your hero can make a shockwave that damages the enemy-team only..
(But this has to be used on a Unit not a empty tile,i needed something to be used as target for xy position data)
Thanks, but setting up teams seems more hassle than what I can deal. I'll go with ranged and circle for now.

Also, my project edits the prediction menu to be more of my liking (show crit, show hit and crit in battle), but I don't know plugin making properly so I'm editing the core and saving changes in notepad...

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Messing with SRPG_AoE and found some bugs (as in, they don't seem intended):

- If initial target is able to attack my unit (as in, he gets hit by the AoE attack but can itself attack my unit back), all other targeted units WILL attack back, even if not in range. I.E. I target a line of bats with attack range 1, starting with the first, all bats will have their chance to attack my unit.

- Converselly, if initial target is not able to attack my unit, all other targets won't attack it, even if in range. Using that last example, if I target the last bat on the line, none of them will attack me back, even the one right next to me.

- If you set the AoE shape to Line, it will choose the direction based on where the unit is facing, but diagonals are chosen arbitrarily. I.E an attack of only range 2 can target 8 spaces, and giving it a Line AoE makes it face up 3 different ways, down 3 different ways, but left and right only 1 different way each (when in the same Y coord from the unit). The diagonals have a preference for aiming up or down.

---
Also, is there any function in one of the plugins that lets me use an AoE attack without having to select a specific target, as in, I can select a ground tile and any targets around it will be affected? Was thinking of doing an AoE centered on my character, like a shockwave.

1) Noted, though those are a bit tricky to fix. I typically disable counter attacks against AoE skills, since that also avoids the problem that the AoE will stop if the user is killed mid-attack.

2) There is a preference for diagonals, but I forget the rule for it.

3) SRPG_PositionEffects adds support for targeting empty tiles with skills.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok, I was using in it my own project, with Core 1.27 + Q.
A request, coud you set the version number to show in the Plugin description i the MV editor? I had to open the .js to get the version...

Thanks, but setting up teams seems more hassle than what I can deal. I'll go with ranged and circle for now.

Also, my project edits the prediction menu to be more of my liking (show crit, show hit and crit in battle), but I don't know plugin making properly so I'm editing the core and saving changes in notepad...
well i will probably edit the Passive AOE Function to be more user friendly..
about your request showing Version..
this is handled by using 2 demos at the moment :
(but i will add Plugin description Infos in the next updates)
- Updated-SRPG_Demo = SRPG_Core 1.27 (old)
- SRPG-Extension_Demo = SRPG_Core 1.30 (new)
(i also use the <srpgUncounterable> SkillNote on most magic or aoe skills to avoid counters)

Last edited:

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's nice. Where I can get the updated version again?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's nice. Where I can get the updated version again?
both Demos are in my Signature Spoiler^^ (both updated&uploaded a few hours ago)
(Spoiler : SRPG Tutorial Demos)
The github is only for SRPG Plugins..

Edit @ all
Edit (about AgiAtt+)
also i recognized that the AGI.double attack seems to work with all used skills.. and im thinking about making a SkillNote that works similar to how "mapbattle:true/false" works..
..something like SkillNote: "AgiExtra: true/false"..
In order to be able to decide on which skill this will work or not.. default if no SkillNote is used ,would be "true" like no change is made.
My GitHub Version of the SRPG Core 1.30 (<-link) has a new SkillNote for AgiAtt+ usage:
JavaScript:
//SkillNote for AgiAtt+ (for Mapbattle"true" usage)
<AgiExtra:false>
//# this will disable the AgiAtt+ Function on this Skill,
// if No SkillNote is used or SkillNote is NOT "false",..
//.. AgiAtt+ will work normal on that Skill
-this is not Implemented yet into the SRPG-Extension_Demo but it will with the next bigger Update..

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(...)
My GitHub Version of the SRPG Core 1.30 (<-link) has a new SkillNote for AgiAtt+ usage:
JavaScript:
//SkillNote for AgiAtt+ (for Mapbattle"true" usage)
//# this will disable the AgiAtt+ Function on this Skill,
// if No SkillNote is used or SkillNote is NOT "false",..
//.. AgiAtt+ will work normal on that Skill
-this is not Implemented yet into the SRPG-Extension_Demo but it will with the next bigger Update..
Sry for doublePosting but i consider this as Bug- Info:

like i explained above The AgiAtt+ Function from the New SRPG_Core does work on All used Skills in mapBattle-Mode ,I recognized that this doesnt work the same in SV batlles..
-SV battles only double the "attack-skill" if Agi is high enough
-mapBattle-Mode doubles every used Skill if Agi is high enough

=> i probably could change that in order to make mapBattle-Mode work like the SVmode, but i allready made the SkillNote which only affects MapBattle_ExtraAgiActions.
..and this way this problem can be handled and there is still the possiblety to use the fuction on other MapBattleSkills if thats wanted.
(thats why i think its better to keep it that way even if that could be considered as Bug)
- and the AgiExtraFunction is Not made by me so i think its not really my descision ,how this should work..but the SkillNote gives an Alternative if needed^^

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, @RyanBram, based on the Yanfly plugins: Since you're distributing them as part of a game project (the SRPG demo project), it should be fine as long as you don't include the plugins that cost money. You're not putting them up as an alternative to people getting them from Yanfly's itch.io, you're putting them up as part of simple game used to illustrate the SRPG plugins, and their compatibility with Yanfly plugins.

I am still unsure about permission to include Yanfly's plugins as part of "public" game project . SRPG Demo as a project and many other demos can be abused as a way to distribute Yanfly plugins without violating their Term and Conditions which is I don't think Yanfly and team will be happy about this.

Secondly, because SRPG Project itself is an open source, MIT licensed project, I think that by only including open source plugins as part of official Demo will be safer for future development and maintains the spirit of collaboration while still appreciating many plugin makers which made plugins that are fortunately compatible with SRPG engine.

Since the only Yanfly's plugins that are really integrated to show SRPG Battle in the previous demo are YEP_BattleEngineCore and YEP_X_ActSeqPack(s) , I don't think we'll miss much by omitting them. But, luckily I already have the replacement for action sequence plugins which are more or less as powerful as Yanfly's that will be included in the future of official SRPG Demo. Of course everyone is still free to use Yanfly's for their own SRPG project.

Thank you Doctor_Q, and everyone for your support which made this project still exist even in the absence of me.

For initial information, SPRG Engine MZ is also planned in the future because of high interest for this system.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still unsure about permission to include Yanfly's plugins as part of "public" game project . SRPG Demo as a project and many other demos can be abused as a way to distribute Yanfly plugins without violating their Term and Conditions which is I don't think Yanfly and team will be happy about this.

Secondly, because SRPG Project itself is an open source, MIT licensed project, I think that by only including open source plugins as part of official Demo will be safer for future development and maintains the spirit of collaboration while still appreciating many plugin makers which made plugins that are fortunately compatible with SRPG engine.
(...)
For initial information, SPRG Engine MZ is also planned in the future because of high interest for this system.
about this part:
If i distribute a Project ,the Js files are still availeble, i just downloaded a random free* project from this forum, which is encrypted and i was still able to find every js File inthere ,even plugins that are not free* to download.

So it makes no difference if a game project is encrypted or if a demo is still availleble as Editor-project.
And all Plugins which we are using are Free* , we never supported any "Pay-Plugin" in any tutorial demo.I think to download Yep Plugins, Yeps Website is the best because it has all the needed Info.
But even if anybody uses our demos to get Plugins, they will just be able to find Plugins which are availeble on Net for free* anyway..
-> using Yep Plugins (which are free*) in a Project is allowed as far i understood the text.
(if it wasnt nobody could ever publish an encrypted game that uses Yep Plugins)

*(means no payment required in this context)

About porting to MZ:
No offense
, but i dont see this happen at the Moment,for several reasons:
- Most important Plugins in SRPG here are made by DrQ, and DrQ announced to not use MZ for atleast 1 year from now ..

- I cant port my Plugins to MZ for atleast the same amount of time ,because my JS knowledge is to low, im happy if i can handle rpg MV at the Moment with my JS knowledge..
- Even if we get ported-Versions of the SRPG Core itself and the basic parts of the Demo for MZ ,that wont make the MZ SRPG as usefull as the MV SRPG which has way more Plugins..

=> However i like the idea to do that & i will be happy to see a SRPG Core which works for MZ ,but i dont think that most other Plugins will be availleble for MZ soon.
(also im happy that this is planed for the future but i think it will take a lot of time till this is really happening)

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I usually don't want to extend the discussion related with licensing issues, because the discussions on this subject are often lengthy and mostly opinion-based without any real conclusions.

about this part:
If i distribute a Project ,the Js files are still availeble, i just downloaded a random free* project from this forum, which is encrypted and i was still able to find every js File inthere ,even plugins that are not free* to download.

So it makes no difference if a game project is encrypted or if a demo is still availleble as Editor-project.

The difference between encrypted and unencrypted projects are the intentions. Encrypted games means the authors want us to "play" and enjoy his game. Unencrypted games means the authors let us to "study" his game, and in case of SRPG Engine demo also allowed users to modify and use it as base for any projects which is this intention not always comply with license from other plugin authors.

And all Plugins which we are using are Free* , we never supported any "Pay-Plugin" in any tutorial demo.I think to download Yep Plugins, Yeps Website is the best because it has all the needed Info.
But even if anybody uses our demos to get Plugins, they will just be able to find Plugins which are availeble on Net for free* anyway..

The only one who can make a final decision about how to use and distribute work are the authors of the work themselves. Not me, you, or anyone who are not part of the authors' team. We cannot simplify any term of uses as just the matter of "cost". Besides cost, term of use usually also covers some other conditions that we cannot just ignore:
  1. How the works should be distributed (some author allowed their works to be redistributed in any websites, some author only allowed their works to be distributed in their own website or their partner websites);
  2. How the works should be used (some author allow their works to be used in any kind of usage, some authors don't allow their works to be used in adult games or some kind of use cases);
  3. How permission to use the works should be obtained (some authors need us to ask permission before using and publishing any projects that use their works, some authors let us use their works without permission);
  4. How to credit the author (some authors ask us to put credit in specific places in our project, some authors don't need to be credited at all);
  5. Many other specific conditions.
No matter how easy the plugins can be obtained doesn't mean it is easy for us to violate their term of uses. Because if it is only a matter of cost, why does Yanfly need to bother to encrypt his ported MZ plugins and put many restrictions or conditions now? He encrypts the plugins, because he doesn't want everybody to "steal" the code and use it for the purpose he doesn't like.

-> using Yep Plugins (which are free*) in a Project is allowed as far i understood the text.
(if it wasnt nobody could ever publish an encrypted game that uses Yep Plugins)
*(means no payment required in this context)

These practices are very common in any works sold by rpgmakerweb.com, where they oblige users to use any form of encryption in a project that uses their assets to show intention and effort to protect the assets, no matter how weak the encryptions are.

At the end, because anything related with terms of use can put us in a situation that is complicated, then I simply cannot use any works that are not under a well known open source license for official SRPG demo.

About porting to MZ:
No offense
, but i dont see this happen at the Moment,for several reasons:
- Most important Plugins in SRPG here are made by DrQ, and DrQ announced to not use MZ for atleast 1 year from now ..

- I cant port my Plugins to MZ for atleast the same amount of time ,because my JS knowledge is to low, im happy if i can handle rpg MV at the Moment with my JS knowledge..
- Even if we get ported-Versions of the SRPG Core itself and the basic parts of the Demo for MZ ,that wont make the MZ SRPG as usefull as the MV SRPG which has way more Plugins..

That's fine if we miss some of MV plugins. Because even initially SRPG Engine MV also needs time to grow mature and get many contributors. And for every change that is made in SRPG_core.js will eventually get ported to MZ, which is why some selected extension plugins will be included as part of SRPG_core.js to make it easier to port to MZ.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, I usually don't want to extend the discussion related with licensing issues, because the discussions on this subject are often lengthy and mostly opinion-based without any real conclusions.

The difference between encrypted and unencrypted projects are the intentions. Encrypted games means the authors want us to "play" and enjoy his game. Unencrypted games means the authors let us to "study" his game, and in case of SRPG Engine demo also allowed users to modify and use it as base for any projects which is this intention not always comply with license from other plugin authors.

The only one who can make a final decision about how to use and distribute work are the authors of the work themselves. Not me, you, or anyone who are not part of the authors' team. We cannot simplify any term of uses as just the matter of "cost". Besides cost, term of use usually also covers some other conditions that we cannot just ignore:
  1. How the works should be distributed (some author allowed their works to be redistributed in any websites, some author only allowed their works to be distributed in their own website or their partner websites);
  2. How the works should be used (some author allow their works to be used in any kind of usage, some authors don't allow their works to be used in adult games or some kind of use cases);
  3. How permission to use the works should be obtained (some authors need us to ask permission before using and publishing any projects that use their works, some authors let us use their works without permission);
  4. How to credit the author (some authors ask us to put credit in specific places in our project, some authors don't need to be credited at all);
  5. Many other specific conditions.
No matter how easy the plugins can be obtained doesn't mean it is easy for us to violate their term of uses. Because if it is only a matter of cost, why does Yanfly need to bother to encrypt his ported MZ plugins and put many restrictions or conditions now? He encrypts the plugins, because he doesn't want everybody to "steal" the code and use it for the purpose he doesn't like.

These practices are very common in any works sold by rpgmakerweb.com, where they oblige users to use any form of encryption in a project that uses their assets to show intention and effort to protect the assets, no matter how weak the encryptions are.

At the end, because anything related with terms of use can put us in a situation that is complicated, then I simply cannot use any works that are not under a well known open source license for official SRPG demo.

That's fine if we miss some of MV plugins. Because even initially SRPG Engine MV also needs time to grow mature and get many contributors. And for every change that is made in SRPG_core.js will eventually get ported to MZ, which is why some selected extension plugins will be included as part of SRPG_core.js to make it easier to port to MZ.
Ok ill be more detailed about what i mean,i dont want to violate any term that anybodyelse has made for his/her work.
I agree that it would be better to have the SRPG basic Engine be able to work without any Plugin from other People (yep plugins in that example),even if im not sure if that is really required in that case.
Now i try to show about what i meaned earlier..again copy paste term info:
"Redistribution of the plugins and its code, outside the scope of game projects, is strictly forbidden outside of the host website, Yanfly.moe, and by the following sites/members: itch.io. However, special permission has been granted to these individuals/entities for redistribution of the plugins as long as the plugins remain in their updated form: Archeia, Visustella (porting allowed), Ækashics Librarium, Caz Wolf, Raim, DreamX, Fallen Angel Olivia, Atelier Irina, Aries of Sheratan, Arisu's Dollhouse, Munokura of FunGameMake. This list may be updated in the future."
In the case of my Tutorial Demos i consider them as "game projects" for tutorial and testing purposes. If i would contribute them as encrypted "game projects", that(beeing a tutorial) wouldnt be possible.
But encrypted "game projects" would allow others the same way to get access to the plugins like the "editor"-game project does.
What i am saying is,that it makes no sence to say or think that there is a difference betwen a "encrypted"- game project or a "editor"-game project, regarding these terms.
(i dont use Pay-Plugins in order to stay on the "safe" side, because i think that this would be wrong)
And when i contribute such a free tutorial demo("editor"-game project),to the community i am not tryin to steal any Code & i am not tryin to change any pluginName or edit any Plugin without beeing allowed to do that. Also i dont claim any Plugin that is made from others as made by me,..
(i allready had Mindtrouble when editing SRPG plugins because i wasnt sure if i am allowed at first)
At the moment the only person who could say to me:
"hey u used&edited my assets!" is you @
RyanBram (or in some cases DrQ because of a few of his Plugins)
, because my Tutorial Demos are made out of your Default Demo and i never tried to hide that.
(but i think that you allow this usage of your default demo..see 2nd Quote )
and in case of SRPG Engine demo also allowed users to modify and use it as base for any projects
-that doesnt change any terms that any plugin (which is in the Demo), from other autors might have..
=> every user will still have to respect the terms of any other plugin autor in such case..

Pls dont get me wrong i am not tryin to argue , i just try to explain how i understand these terms and why i think that i can keep my Tutorial Demos the way they are.

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have updated my pathfinding script.

Originally it was simply a rewrite of @Doktor_Q SRPG_AIControl.js (positionScore function) but I decided to completely overhaul it such that instead of testing ALL possible tiles a unit can move to, the game simply finds the best target, finds a route and moves along said route (so less "checking"). AI_Control aiMove tags are unused if SRPG_Pathfinding.js is used and replaced with movementAI tags

It should fix most of the lag (@NatePlays). I got more lag opening the menu than enemy units finding the path to the enemy. There might be a brief stutter between battle phases depending on if targets are available or not (more stutter if no targets can be moved towards)

I have added movement options for regions. I also added a "jitter" option where a unit may deviate slightly from the optimal path (this makes units follow less predictable paths). Units also handle bottlenecks much better and won't necessarily huddle around a wall. There is fallback movement as well such that if no targets are available, a different movement option can be selected (eg. No friends left in battle, switch to targetting foes). Units can also pathfind to "nearest foe" even though all foes are not acquirable (this allows units to be perched on towers or behind walls which are not designed to be directly attacked but within reach of projectile or ranged attacks)

I have tested the script in a blank project with SRPG_Core.js, SRPG_AIControl.js and SRPG_RangeControl.js and it works fine.

@RyanBram I don't know exactly how github pull requests work but I have added an update to SRPG_core.js with extra yanfly compatability (Buff+States core)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy
1. Very impressive
(pathfinding update aswell as the requested SRPG_Core changes)
2. I will add the updating pathfinding Plugin to the next update of both tutorial demos..
(also i forgot to put your name in the Credits txt file of the demos, i will do that in the next updates aswell..sry)
3. i would also like to add your SRPG_Core changes to the demos and both of its SRPG_Cores
(old Version 1.27 and new Version 1.30)
-> i would like to ask you to use the 2Versions of both SRPG_Cores(on my Github) and add your changes correctly ,just to make sure that i dont do it wrong .
And send me both edited Versions attached to a private message for example`?
- I have to admit i am a real noob in Github at the Moment ^
(you can also add an info with your name to the autor part to show that this Version was also edited by you)
-that way its easier to see what version is used (for any user who is not sure what Version he has)

----

@RyanBram I don't know exactly how github pull requests work but I have added an update to SRPG_core.js with extra yanfly compatability (Buff+States core)
@RyanBram
I also dont know how to better avoid to have 3 Version of the same SRPG_Core ..
..thats why i would like to request to implement the changes i made for the new SRPG_Core aswell..(reference on my Github)
Other Plugins can stay seperated from the SRPG Core Plugin.
I did not explained my changes so well like boomy just did it (still github noob<-)
-My changes on new SRPG Core 1.30:
=> added Switches to Enable/Disable every ActorBattleCommand.
=> added the same changes which i made for the Mapbattle Plugin.

(because in the new SRPG Core, the Mapbatle Plugin is part of the SRPG Core)
=> added SkillnoteTag for AgiAtt+ usage :
Code:
//Skillnote that disable the AgiAtt+ effect on that skill with Mapbattle"true" usage
//not needed in SV Battles,on SV Battles only "attackSkill" does the effect
-

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm heading to bed but the quick fix is replacing _SRPG_Game_Battler_onTurnEnd (line 1950 on your 1.27 and line 2277 on your 1.30) with the code below. The other two changes are not really important; one is a change that adds a plugin parameter to side view battler positions (which can be edited in script anyway) and the other changes counterattacking to default MV style if battle is not in SRPGMode (I added it to allow counter attacks to function properly if you decide not to use SRPG mode for whatever reason)

Code:
    // ターン終了時の処理
    var _SRPG_Game_Battler_onTurnEnd = Game_Battler.prototype.onTurnEnd;
    Game_Battler.prototype.onTurnEnd = function() {
        if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
            this.regenerateAll();
            this.updateSrpgStateTurns(2);
            this.updateBuffTurns();
            this.removeStatesAuto(2);
            this.removeBuffsAuto();
            this.clearResult();
            this.setSrpgTurnEnd(false);
    //Buff & States Core Fix
        if(Imported.YEP_BuffsStatesCore !== undefined) {
            if(Imported.YEP_BuffsStatesCore) {
            if (this.meetTurnEndStateEffectsConditions()) this.onTurnEndStateEffects();
        }
        }
        } else {
            return _SRPG_Game_Battler_onTurnEnd.call(this);
        }
    };

Having this compatability fix means you can use Yanfly BUFF + STATES core with "Custom turn end effect" and have it work properly (between turns). Great for customising statuses like poison or doom

Looks like 1.31 has been pushed which doesn't add anything but does add alot of failsafes (a lot of tags have the number function applied to them to prevent NaN (not a number) errors I presume)

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the difference between MV-style counters and SRPG counters? Aren't they both based on the CNT stat? And doesn't YEP_CriticalControl fixes that?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the difference between MV-style counters and SRPG counters? Aren't they both based on the CNT stat? And doesn't YEP_CriticalControl fixes that?

The default SRPG system counter attack is based on how Fire Emblem does it- any time you attack an enemy, they also get to attack you, as long as you're within their range. It's not based on stats, it works against magic not just physical attacks, and countering doesn't negate damage. There's a few tags to disable it for specific weapons, too.

If you set the unit's CNT stat, not only will the enemy make an attack because they were attacked (SRPG counter), they also have a chance of dodging and countering when the enemy actually tries to hit them with a physical attack, regardless of range (normal MV-style counter). The latter is what YEP_CriticalControl changes.

The SRPG_StatBasedCounter, basically merges the two into just one counter system- it uses SRPG counters, but checks the unit's CNT stat first. Typical MV-style counters will not occur during SRPG battles. Note that it does not work with all features in YEP_CriticalControl, specifically things like the anti-counter stat or the like.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible for a skill to change the speed (the event speed, in the map scene) temporarily? I'm trying to make the Rush skill be really fast. It would be something like:

<Custom Execution>
a.???? (speed up a)
a.forward(5);
a.push(b,1);
a.???? (slow down a)
</Custom Execution>

I know I can use script call or events to speed up the player or a specific event, but what I need is to speed up temporarily the actor using the Rush skill in that specific moment, before the animation and the damage popup. Thanks!

____
EDIT: also, since I'm here: some time ago @Dopan said I could force an animation on the target (i was having trouble with direction animations, because they wouldn't "flash" properly. I'm finally trying to fix that but can't find anywhere how to "force" an animation to be played in the target. Is that a notetag added by a plugin add-on? or custom execution? thanks again)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Leon_Artmann
u can put an animation on any event id(mapBattles) or battler(svBattles),if its about Animations on Map, for targets i recommend to use the "$gameplayer"- for the location_id which is the same like where the cursor is while battleActions..
(the cursor is on target while battleActions)
-However Directional Animations are part of DrQs Plugins and i think this only works with skills that uses the needed Skillnote..
-but here is the Code from the mapbattle Plugin for Directional Animations if that helps:
JavaScript:
                    // directional target animation
                    if (action.item().meta.directionalAnimation) {
                        var dir = user.event().direction()/2 - 1;
                        $gamePlayer.requestAnimation(dir + Number(action.item().meta.directionalAnimation));
                        castAnim = true;
                    }

// this is the part that does the animation without any conditions
var dir = user.event().direction()/2 - 1;
$gamePlayer.requestAnimation(dir + Number(action.item().meta.directionalAnimation));

// user in this situation is
user = $gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1];
// event Id in this situation would be the ID of active Event
eventID = $gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId();

//SIDENOTE => for targets the eventID of target Event is
eventID = $gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId();

// this Example uses "$gamePlayer" as Target ! (recommended)
----
@ Doktor_Q

i got a few Questions,..
-> is the "LimitedUsePatch" still needed with new SRPG Core 1.30?
(because the core has mapbattle included )
Screenshot_3.png
-> if using SRPG_StatBasedCounter.. is the boomy edit for Counters still needed??
(if not using SRPG mode like boomy mentioned? And if the edit is needed is it compatible with SRPG_StatBasedCounter?)

--
im working on preparing the next Update and i just want to make sure that i do it correctly..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Yes, LimitedUsePatch is most likely still needed, as is CooldownPatch. I think. I haven't had time to sit down with the 1.30 release in detail.

I haven't seen boomy's edit for counters, so I can't speak to the second- I pretty much exclusively use SRPG_StatBasedCounter, since I don't like the default behavior much, and made the plugin to change that.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Yes, LimitedUsePatch is most likely still needed, as is CooldownPatch. I think. I haven't had time to sit down with the 1.30 release in detail.

I haven't seen boomy's edit for counters, so I can't speak to the second- I pretty much exclusively use SRPG_StatBasedCounter, since I don't like the default behavior much, and made the plugin to change that.

Thx! ..
About boomys counter edit:
(this is the edited function)
JavaScript:
    var _SRPG_BattleManager_invokeAction = BattleManager.invokeAction;
    BattleManager.invokeAction = function(subject, target) {
            this._logWindow.push('pushBaseLine');
            if (Math.random() < this._action.itemCnt(target)) {
                var attackSkill = $dataSkills[target.attackSkillId()]
                // boomys edit Start // fix counter if not using SRPG mode
                    if (target.canUse(attackSkill) == true) {
                        this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target);
                    } else {
                        this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
                    }
                } else {
                    this.invokeCounterAttack(subject, target); 
                } // boomys edit end // fix counter if not using SRPG mode
            } else if (Math.random() < this._action.itemMrf(target)) {
                this.invokeMagicReflection(subject, target);
            } else {
                this.invokeNormalAction(subject, target);
            }
            subject.setLastTarget(target);
            this._logWindow.push('popBaseLine');
            this.refreshStatus();
        } else {
            _SRPG_BattleManager_invokeAction.call(this, subject, target);
        }
    };
its a "BattleManager"function edit , and i couldnt find any "BattleManager"function edit in SRPG_StatBasedCounter.js ,so i think that should be compatible, but ill have to test i anyway..
About the Patches and "SRPG Core 1.30 Infos":
-> no problem i will keep the Patches in the demo as long i get no other infos^^
-> i couldnt find any bugs yet, with the newCore and the edits i made ,or with "DrQs plugins",but i also didnt integrated following Plugins in the New "SRPG-Extension_Demo1.0" : (info in next Quote)
(because they are probably incompatible like it was with the Updated-SRPG_Demo PluginManager Setup which used the old SRPG_Core)
=> The New SRPG-Extension_Demo(new SRPG_Core1.30) doesnt use :
- "WeaponSkill.js"
-"SRPG_ImmediateSkill.js"
-"SRPG_AreaAttack.js"
--
@ boomy
I allready edited the 2 SRPG Cores (old&new) in my Github in order to include all of your edits,but ill have to test everything before i update&upload the tutorial demos to include your edits there.

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

The counter "patch" simply adds a if($gameSystem.srpgMode()) conditional to the SRPG_core.js rewrite of counterattacks; so basically if the game is in SRPG mode then it will use SRPG counterattacking and if the game is not in SRPG mode (aka default MV battle system) then it reverts back to normal counterattacking. It's not really important unless you want to use both battle systems

Hi! Does anyone know if it's possible for a skill to change the speed (the event speed, in the map scene) temporarily? I'm trying to make the Rush skill be really fast. It would be something like:

<Custom Execution>
a.???? (speed up a)
a.forward(5);
a.push(b,1);
a.???? (slow down a)
</Custom Execution>

I know I can use script call or events to speed up the player or a specific event, but what I need is to speed up temporarily the actor using the Rush skill in that specific moment, before the animation and the damage popup. Thanks!

Unfortunately srpg_core.js does not have a "find event based on active unit" function so you have to make your own. This function basically finds the event that represents the battler.

<Custom Execution>

var defaultSpeed = 5;
for (var i = 0; i < $gameMap._events.length; i++) {
if ($gameSystem.EventToUnit(i) !== undefined) {
if ($gameSystem.EventToUnit(i)[1] == user) {
var userEvent = $gameMap._events[i];
break;
}
}
}
if (userEvent !== undefined) {
$userEvent._characterName = "$Soldier"; //Changes charset of unit.
$userEvent._moveSpeed = 8; //Frequency of stepping animation and movement speed; higher = faster.
user.forward(4);
$userEvent._characterName = "$Soldier"; //Changes charset of unit.
$userEvent._moveSpeed = defaultSpeed; //Frequency of stepping animation and movement speed; higher = faster.
}

</Custom Execution>

If you use $gameMap._events._characterName you can change the charaset of the character to say an charset with the user in an attacking animation. I would recommend you use the $characterName format and give all units an "attacking charset" with an _attack suffix and then set it _characterName = _characterName + "_attack". If you use the 8 characters per charset then it's a bit more complicated because you also have to get the index of the charset ($gameMap._events._characterIndex). Completely optional though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
servalchan