SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I just wanted to ask if anyone here would be interested in or willing/able to write an SRPG plugin that changes it to individual turn order? Basically where each unit (whether ally or enemy) goes in order of highest to lowest Speed/Agility instead of the default Fire Emblem style turn order. Also, if possible, having turn order manipulation (i.e. delaying a target's turn) would complete the package. I know @Dopan mentioned it would be difficult but not impossible. This is something I'd be willing to pay for. The way SRPG currently handles turn order (Fire Emblem style) is the only reason I haven't switched from LTBS yet.
I'd also be interested in such a plugin/extension. Individual turn order is definitely more my cup of tea. I really want to switch to SRPG cuz LTBS is incompatible w/ SRDude's plugins. Like @Frostorm mentioned, the only turn-off is the Fire Emblem style turn order. Would anyone here have the JS skills to create such a plugin? I'm down to commission it even. ^.^

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd also be interested in such a plugin/extension. Individual turn order is definitely more my cup of tea. I really want to switch to SRPG cuz LTBS is incompatible w/ SRDude's plugins. Like @Frostorm mentioned, the only turn-off is the Fire Emblem style turn order. Would anyone here have the JS skills to create such a plugin? I'm down to commission it even. ^.^
I thought about this Request and i can give a few Hints:
JavaScript:
                //0U_Add Test: THIS IF FOR TESTING NEW FUNCTIONS "this.allUxTest();"
                Game_Interpreter.prototype.allUxTest = function() {
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        // <-insert test code here
                    }

}
                    return true;
                };
-this code will adress All Units on Map
----------
JavaScript:
battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false/true;
-adding this can set the turn end of a Unit to false or true
----------
(Cursor can be moved easy with code to the Unit that should act next)
----------
-now there are a few Issues left:
-> by default auto actors will act after all actors have done their turn while actor phase
-> It will be needed to change the Phases after each Units turn to "enemy" or "actor" -PHASE depending on which Units comes next
(this can be done by calling the Event that IS that Phase)
-> it will be needed to somehow calculate the AGI of ALL Units and set the Unit order depending on AGI.
=> biggest Issue: make all that work without conflicting with any other function or SRPG Plugin that works with the "normal" turn order..

Like i sayed this is probably possible but with a lot of work and JS knowledge required..

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome, I'm super grateful for any contribution towards this matter, thx!

-> it will be needed to somehow calculate the AGI of ALL Units and set the Unit order depending on AGI.
Hopefully, this particular component can be configured (in the plugin options perhaps). For example, some users may want to use a different stat (e.g. LUK) to determine turn order. Or they may want to use their own proprietary formula. I only mention this cuz in my project, AGI is renamed Dexterity (DEX) and LUK is renamed Speed (SPD). And so, I currently use LUK instead of AGI to determine turn order. If it's too much of a hassle to do this, then I guess I could just replace every instance of "agi" to "luk" when the time comes lol.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy

i have a Question about your Plugin that resets moveSpeed after Actions..
I figured out that its also possible to use following ScriptCalls (instead of battleFormula Input),in order to affect the MoveSpeed..
(Usage with ScriptCalls that are added to Custom Execution or Skill_CommonEvent for Example)
JavaScript:
$gameMap.event(x)._moveSpeed = Number;
//This will change the MoveSpeed of event "x" to "Number", Default Number is Normal = 4
$gameMap.event(x).setMoveSpeed(Number);
//This will change the MoveSpeed of event "x" to "Number", Default Number is Normal = 4
$gameMap.event(x)._moveSpeed;
// This will return the MoveSpeed of event "x", Default is Normal = 4
$gameMap.event(x).moveSpeed();
// This will return the MoveSpeed of event "x", Default is Normal = 4
JavaScript:
$gameMap.event($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId());
// this adress the Event with the "activeEvent_ID"
$gameMap.event($gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId());
// this adress the Event with the "targetEvent_ID"
Your Plugin uses this to make Dash Skills affecting the User(=activeEvent_ID) MoveSpeed, but what if i use the ScriptCalls to affect the MoveSpeed of a Target?
(for example with the magic Skillls "slow" "haste" "stop")
-> I mean cases where i want the moveSpeed to be changed and NOT resetted as long a State is affected?
(this will probably need a edit of your Plugin in order to Not reset the moveSpeed if StateAffected?)
-> I already have few Ideas how to solve this but im not sure yet and i think this is something that should be implemented in your Plugin instead of making an Extra Plugin..

1.My Idea would be to store in the "battler base" , if a Unit "hasSpeedState(true/false)",.. and change this Part with the ScriptCalls aswell.
(that would mean to not just use a Scriptcall to change the Speed , we would also add a Scriptcall that changes the Battler-"hasSpeedState(true/false)" if this Speedchange is made for a State)
The New Solution uses StateNote instead.. this will tell the "battler base" if the Unit is affected with a State that uses such Note(= <MoveSpeed_State> ).

OR 2. We could add If Conditions to your Plugin, that ask about 3 State IDs (if affected) which have to be inserted in the Plugin Param
(for Haste Slow and Stop)

I didnt test anything i am just mindPlaying

Edit
also what if a Unit has a "slow" State but wants to use the dash skill..?
- in such Case the "dash skill"-moveSpeed has to be reseted to the edited "slow"_State-moveSpeed after Action..

Edit 2
I think i solved it and can put the needed Function in another Plugin that doesnt Conflict with your Plugin, i will add more infos as soon im sure that everything works .

Edit 3
There is a Conflict betwen your Plugin and a Core Function:
The Core does change the "realMoveSpeed" that is related to a Function in "rpg Objects",this way all Units that are auto moving will get MoveSpeed = 6.This will be reseted with the Function from "rpg Objects".
But your plugin will set the MoveSpeed to 6(permanent) of any Unit that was not used ,aswell because of this Core Function..
I already try to figure out the best way to solve this..
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

at the moment i am still not sure if its better to try to fix your plugin and build a second Plugin for the "MoveSpeedStates" OR if it would be better to build one Bigger Plugin and Include the function of your Plugin in it.. with some more other Functions that give more options to change the MoveSpeed and perhaps also other parts of the Event Settings ..
I fixed & edited the Plugin and added the MoveSpeedState Function that works with SkillNote=> <MoveSpeed_State>

Edit4
This is solved but i didnt add the edited Plugin to any Demo yet..
(the Edited Plugin can be Found on Boomys Github)
So the edited plugin is not availleble at the moment ..
-> it will be part of the next Tutorial Demos Update aswell

Last edited:

Reji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
out of curiosity, is there by any chance a way I could be able to change the attack function to instead make a one turn-based battle system much like presented in the demo but have full control instead of a simple attack?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
out of curiosity, is there by any chance a way I could be able to change the attack function to instead make a one turn-based battle system much like presented in the demo but have full control instead of a simple attack?
what do you mean with "full control instead of a simple attack"..?
do you want to use the default SV battle system?

Reji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what do you mean with "full control instead of a simple attack"..?
do you want to use the default SV battle system?
Instead of an animated attack, it directs the player to an RPG battle, much like the devil survivor games but instead of using magic or any set skills on the battle map. all skill atk would be directed to a classic RPG style battle.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead of an animated attack, it directs us to an RPG battle, much like the devil survivor games but instead of using magic or any set skills on battle map. all skill atk would be directed to an classic rpg style battle.
that would require to disable the SRPG battle and use the default RPG battle as soon an action starts,
i see no use for this but it should be possible ,..
But in such case that would not make much sence to use the SRPG battle at all.

And if you want to have a mix of the SRPG Battle Map with using the default RPG battleSystem ,you will probably need an extra builded Plugin that changes the activations of the battleMode.
So at the moment without an extra Plugin for adding an extra BattleMode thats nothing that can be done "Plug&Play" without much changes on the SRPG Engine.
-> At the end its allways a question of "how much JS knowledge & free time" people have to make a change but quite a lot of things are possible with enough JS Knowledge and free time.
(but its still possible to use normal default RPG Battles with the right Setup, thats what why boomy added a Default-RPG-BattleSystem_CounterFix to the Edited SRPG Cores, ..for cases where people want to use the Default RPG BattleSystem inside of a SRPG project)

Last edited:

Reji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would require to disable the SRPG battle and use the default RPG battle as soon an action starts,
i see no use for this but it should be possible ,..
But in such case that would not make much sence to use the SRPG battle at all.

And if you want to have a mix of the SRPG Battle Map with using the default RPG battleSystem ,you will probably need an extra builded Plugin that changes the activations of the battleMode.
So at the moment without an extra Plugin for adding an extra BattleMode thats nothing that can be done "Plug&Play" without much changes on the SRPG Engine.
-> At the end its allways a question of "how much JS knowledge & free time" people have to make a change but quite a lot of things are possible with enough JS Knowledge and free time.
(but its still possible to use normal default RPG Battles with the right Setup, thats what why boomy added a Default-RPG-BattleSystem_CounterFix to the Edited SRPG Cores, ..for cases where people want to use the Default RPG BattleSystem)
So I guess its possible, but how do I manage to switch between different battle systems?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I guess its possible, but how do I manage to switch between different battle systems?
at the moment we use only 2 different battleModes on SRPG BattleMap(=SRPG Battle active).
These are SV- and mapBattle- Mode.
This can be affected with Skillnotes or the Core paramSettings, or Scriptcalls.

But what you want is a 3rd BattleMode which is not implemented in the SRPG BattleMap(=SRPG Battle active) at the moment.
What i mean is that, at the moment you can only use the Default battleSystem outside of SRPG BattleMaps(=SRPG Battle active).
So there is no easy Switch to use the default Battlesystem inside of a SRPG BattleMap(=SRPG Battle active).
And to use the Default battle system outside of SRPG BattleMap(=SRPG Battle active), you have to Setup that Battle like in any "normal" rpg-project..

Last edited:

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there...
I found out some funny things while trying to port my SRPG MV project to MZ.
so if you replace all MZ files with MV, you can play them without any problem.
Got this weird experience with the help of my acquaintance.
Now I can port the game as it is
*maybe

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there...
Got this weird experience with the help of my acquaintance.
Now I can port the game as it is
*maybe
I think that i read something about that somewhere here in forum, it seems to be possible to make a hybrid(betwen MV & MZ) project but i cant remember detailed infos and i never tested that.

I think that it was this Tread #7but I am not sure..
( i just searched&found this one and couldnt find any other thread related to that topic..)

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, friends. (^_^)

Sorry for taking long time to answer some of your questions related with SRPG Engine MV development.

---

@RyanBram I don't know exactly how github pull requests work but I have added an update to SRPG_core.js with extra yanfly compatability (Buff+States core)
@RyanBram
I also dont know how to better avoid to have 3 Version of the same SRPG_Core ..
..thats why i would like to request to implement the changes i made for the new SRPG_Core aswell..(reference on my Github)
Other Plugins can stay seperated from the SRPG Core Plugin.
To avoid confusion due to various versions of the SRPG Engine MV, I suggest you to contribute directly to SRPG_Core.js at https://github.com/Echizen-ham/SRPGcore and please let me know if there is no response. Usually I will email Gakuto Mikagami regarding the pull request and he will review it himself. (However this may take some time as he has been very busy lately). Please learn about the contribution section so that this project can be managed better. If you still unsure whether your patch can be included in the core, then you can first make it as extension and let me know that you proposed your extension to be part of the core, therefore I can discuss it with Gakuto Mikagami.

---

I saw that this thread is talking about Gakuto's SRPG plugin so I want to try entering.
currently, I am trying to convert several plugins to work in MZ and this is one of them.
Hopefully, I am in the right place.
Yes, you are in the place, because this place is where RPG Maker English community discussed about development of SRPG Engine MV. I always feel excited when I hear that someone is interested in contributing to this project. If you want your port to MZ to become part of official SRPG Engine, please fork the main repository, and submit your change as pull request.

---

*maybe
Yes, you can simply put game.rmmzproject (MZ project launcher) in the same directory as Game.rpgproject (MV project launcher). By doing this trick, your MV project will be opened in RPG Maker MZ editor and get benefit from new feature from MZ editor. However there are some things you need to consider:
  • MV animation will work as usual, but you are no longer able to edit it directly in MZ editor.
  • You cannot make new MV "Plugin Command" due to different specification, but you can just copy your old Plugin Command to any event and edit it.
  • Changing resolution, choosing TBP Battle in MZ editor doesn't affect your project at all, because MV doesn't have those features, although both of them can be done using plugins.
When I saw many plugin creator porting their plugins to MZ, I simply thought an idea about making adjustments to the MV project, so that the MV project can became fully aware with new settings/options from the MZ editor, by adding compatibility layer. In other words, instead of making MZ Core compatible with MV plugins, it will be easier to just make MV Core compatible with the new editor. This makes many plugin libraries in MV still usable in the new editor.

---

I'm sorry I can't really active in this forum, due to real-life activity, and also because there's work behind the scenes regarding the next release of the SRPG Engine. I hope that the next release will add significant features compared to the current core release and I will show it in the next demo version.

In this case, I would like to inform you that even though the SRPG Engine MV development looks slow, actually this project will continue to grow.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JavaScript:
                //0U_Add Test: THIS IF FOR TESTING NEW FUNCTIONS "this.allUxTest();"
                Game_Interpreter.prototype.allUxTest = function() {
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        // <-insert test code here
                    }

}
                    return true;
                };
-this code will adress All Units on Map
----------
JavaScript:
battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false/true;
-adding this can set the turn end of a Unit to false or true
----------
(Cursor can be moved easy with code to the Unit that should act next)
----------
-now there are a few Issues left:
-> by default auto actors will act after all actors have done their turn while actor phase
-> It will be needed to change the Phases after each Units turn to "enemy" or "actor" -PHASE depending on which Units comes next
(this can be done by calling the Event that IS that Phase)
=> biggest Issue: make all that work without conflicting with any other functtion or SRPG Plugin that works with the "normal" turn order..

Like i sayed this is probably possible but with a lot of work and JS knowledge required..
So anyone planning on getting individual turn orders to work? This is something I'd be willing to commission/pay for.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may know somebody who will.
Do you plan to release it as open source or you want to keep it yourself?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may know somebody who will.
Do you plan to release it as open source or you want to keep it yourself?
Definitely open-source, it's better if other people have access to it and could potentially maintain/upgrade it over time.

Btw, have any of you tried Ramza's plugins (e.g. Dual Wield & Block Chance) w/ SRPG? Any compatibility issues?

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely open-source, it's better if other people have access to it and could potentially maintain/upgrade it over time.
Great to hear about that.
I will let you know about this. Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If @Pootscooter , still interest about this, it will be also really nice.

Btw, have any of you tried Ramza's plugins (e.g. Dual Wield & Block Chance) w/ SRPG? Any compatibility issues?
I haven't try it, sorry and it seems that it is a paid plugin, so I cannot take a look myself.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(...)
To avoid confusion due to various versions of the SRPG Engine MV, I suggest you to contribute directly to SRPG_Core.js at https://github.com/Echizen-ham/SRPGcore and please let me know if there is no response. Usually I will email Gakuto Mikagami regarding the pull request and he will review it himself. (However this may take some time as he has been very busy lately). Please learn about the contribution section so that this project can be managed better. If you still unsure whether your patch can be included in the core, then you can first make it as extension and let me know that you proposed your extension to be part of the core, therefore I can discuss it with Gakuto Mikagami.

---
OK figured out how do a "pull request" on Github and will create one in a few days as soon im finished with my current demo edits ect.
(this will be adressed at https://github.com/Echizen-ham/SRPGcore)
=> these are small changes that should not deserve to add boomy & me to the "autor" part of the Core Plugin Description

This "pull request" will Include all changes that were made by boomy & me and which are Part of the Newest Core in the Next Tutorial Demo Updates..
(more detailled the newest core is allways in the SRPG Extension Demo)
All Edits will have " // info edit" infos that show whose "edit idea" that was and what the edit is related to ect.
(the same way i did it in the edits of the SRPG Cores which are currently on my GitHub)
I hope that this way its easier to have all currently used changes in one request in order to avoid confusions.@ All: If anybody has other requests that he/she wants to be implemented in the "Main Engine Core Updates" , you will have to add a "pull request" yourself, i just want to add the currently used changes..
(currently used in the tutorial demos)

@ RyanBram ,thx for the feedback and also for trying to help with the Request from Frostorm&Pootscooter about the " individual turn orders "..
( my JS knowlegde & Skill is still to low for such a Request)

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
First, thank you for your amazing job on this!
I've been trying to develop a game using SRPG, and I've got 2 questions about some of its essential plugins:
Q1: I'm using SRPG_AIControl and I don't understand what criteria determines which skill an enemy is going to pick? I understand you can have control on the target but I'm not sure about the skill selection itself?
Q2: In SRPG_RangeControl, it is possible to give a move cost to terrains, but this is not good if you have flying characters, since they are also affected by the terrain cost. I was wondering if you could add a tag so that an actor can be immune to move costs?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
First, thank you for your amazing job on this!
I've been trying to develop a game using SRPG, and I've got 2 questions about some of its essential plugins:
Q1: I'm using SRPG_AIControl and I don't understand what criteria determines which skill an enemy is going to pick? I understand you can have control on the target but I'm not sure about the skill selection itself?
Q2: In SRPG_RangeControl, it is possible to give a move cost to terrains, but this is not good if you have flying characters, since they are also affected by the terrain cost. I was wondering if you could add a tag so that an actor can be immune to move costs?
A1: SRPG_AIControl doesn't have logic for changing what skill the enemy picks, except that they will ignore any skill without a valid target, I.E. one with a non-zero non-negative target score. It uses the skill-selection system from the normal engine, and may be compatible with other skill-selection AI plugins, provided they don't require knowledge about allies or enemies (as they are technically not in combat when the skill is chosen).

A2: It's planned as an eventual update to SRPG_RangeControl's functions, but real life obligations are taking up most of the time I'd use for development lately. I believe someone had a kind of workaround for it in the meantime, though I don't remember what it was- check previous pages in the thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor