SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for answering your own sadness (...)
Providing untouched core can avoid confusion between multiple versions and will ensure that it is easy for everyone to follow any change made by upstream and patch it themselves with their own modification. (...)
Did you read the CREDITS.txt included in the Demo?
He is Duran from Trials of Mana produced by Squaresoft. It cannot freely be used. I use it as placeholder when preparing SRPG_DynamicAction plugins since I cannot find any characters in this forum that have 4 direction attack motions.
@RyanBram
Nope i didnt.. my bad.. that solves my Question/Confusion completly .

(i assumed the CREDITS.txt infos are the same like those i read in the posting & on Itchio, sry)
Same here , I couldnt find any characters in this forum that have 4 direction attack motions, as well, thats why i asked in the first place^^
(using 3x4 frames)
=> also i am planing on build such 4DirectionalAttackMotion Frame Imgs.. similar how i made the other Sprites Tutorial where the Chars only carry the Weapons..
---
Well it wasnt about my sadness it was about showing to others and to you, that a correctly working "MapBattlleMode Pre-Action-Phase", is atleast the minimum that should be implemented in the "untouched- Core" & your new demo..
.. and me answering it, was just giving a working solution.

That issue can be seen if a hud/img is attached to that Pre Action Phase, without the edit , it happens after the Action right before the postAction Phase.
But it supposed to happen before the Action, the same way it does when SVbattleMode is active.
(and my edit does that)
=> DrQ did put the pre-action-phase at the right position, but the Issue was that this Code will wait for the other Code-Action-Chain, and that makes it happen to late..
..using a CE and letting the ActionChain end in that CE, solved it in my Edited Version and in the Tutorial demos
=> Also i use this preActionPhase to add another CE inthere in order to implement "MapActionText" which can/should be used to show the Name of the Skill that is currently used.

---
And sry i didnt want to sound rude in any way, i know you put a lot of work into this, same way that others and I do..

Last edited:

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Still trying to convert my project over to the new demo, but having issues getting the arrow to show in the sideview battle, is there a way using the D-Animation to create an arrow like the last demo did with Yanflys Animations?

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easiest way to create the arrow:

Open New Demo and Your project altogether, then

1. Copy the Arrow.png at img/animations directory from new Demo to your project img/animations directory.
  2. Open Animations database from new Demo, copy, and paste arrow animation setup (in new Demo it is at 0121 in the list) to your project.
  3. Open Skills database from new Demo, copy, and paste Bow Attack setup (in new Demo it is at 0032 in the list) to your project.
  4. Open Weapons database, and add <srpgWeaponSkill:32> note to any arrow based weapon (in new Demo they are Weapon 0010, 0011, and 0012) to change normal attack to customized attack. Change 32 to any Skill ID that you created specifically for arrow attack.

The reason we cannot use old method, because it use Yanfly's action sequence and doesn't support Mapview Battle.

With the new method, the arrow will automatically point to any direction where it is directed. (No need to rotate the arrow manually with notetag/command)

To learn more about DynamicAction you may want to look the specific thread I created for manual which also contain many sample technique that can be copied and pasted in your project.

Hope it solved your problem.

Last edited:

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi again everyone!

Having a minor issue with using AoE spells - when cast at max range they do not allow you to confirm the spell even if there are targets in range. When cast at less than max range though they work just fine!

1605638766102.png

1605638775269.png
Here are the tags for this spell in particular, but this is also affecting all AoE spells I have set up currently:
1605639275346.png

Sorry that this is probably another easy fix but I couldn't see anything in the documentation for the plugins that I'm using that would explain this. I am using the most up to date SRPG_AoE, and the only plugins that I have installed recently are RangeControl and AIControl.

-Zeph

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update about the EXA Frame Issue:
(using custom amount of frames)
(@Frostorm)

Great News for everybody who wants to use other than the default Frames on Chars! (default = 3x4).
=> i made another Edit on the Currently newest SRPG Core Version 1.32, and i builded some Images for EXA Usage.
=> with these Images and the Edited Core everybody can use any amount of Frames!
=> at the moment with these images the max is 30 frames..

(30 frames was the most needed frames i could find on a free assets Char)
.. that can easy be changed to ANY amount by editing the Images, .. you always need an image that has atleast the same amount of Frames used, than your biggest custom frame char Frame_amount ..
=> The images and the Core will be attached here because i didnt add this to every demo yet

(next demo update will take longer time)
EXA FIX has been added to the "extension demo"
=> the Core can also be found on my Github,and any changes which i made for this can be seen here.(<-link)
(incase anyone uses an older core and want to add this very simple edit on that older core, instead using the currently newest Core)
=> I will attach 6 images here:
- 3 editor Images that can be used to easy build bigger OR smaller images
- 3 Finished Images for copy/paste and Plug&Play
--> both are the same only the editor has different name and a pink Grid for easier edits
(that grid has to be removed after edit and name has to be changed)
==> The Names of the Finished Images are Importent!
the edited Core Plugin will ask for each of them:

-"$srpg_set_E"
-"$srpg_set_X"
-"$srpg_set_A"

edit
also keep the original "sprg_set" img in your char folder, its still needed for the Cursor

This Video Shows that it works.. the big Knight uses 15 frames(15x4).. the small knight uses default frames (3x4)
Both have turn ended and there is no problem^^
( the Big Knight needs to change its Anker but that has nothing to do with the EXA its because of his Size)

-------
-------
@Zephydra (about your mentioned Problem above)
my guess is:
to old Core Version, you can find in my demos or on my Github 2 Core Versions, both should work with the newest AOE Plugin
(Old Core has no AGIATT+ and no included MapBattle Plugin ect.. New Core has them included and some little Fixes,Newest Core is recommended but than you need to take out the Plugins that are Included in the new Core.. both of my demos, have Imgs that give PluginManager Info)

Attachments

• SRPG_core.js
    329.4 KB · Views: 1
  • $srpg_set_E.png
    $srpg_set_E.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 11
  • $srpg_set_X.png
    $srpg_set_X.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
  • $srpg_set_A.png
    $srpg_set_A.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 4
  • $srpg_set_E (EDITOR_30f).png
    $srpg_set_E (EDITOR_30f).png
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
  • $srpg_set_X (EDITOR_30f).png
    $srpg_set_X (EDITOR_30f).png
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • $srpg_set_A (EDITOR_30f).png
    $srpg_set_A (EDITOR_30f).png
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm actually using the most up to date Core plugin from the first post of the thread, but I will try with the one you have attached there and see if the problem persists!

Edit: Seems to have fixed it - thanks again for the speedy response!

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually using the most up to date Core plugin from the first post of the thread, but I will try with the one you have attached there and see if the problem persists!

Edit: Seems to have fixed it - thanks again for the speedy response!
@Zephydra
If you use the Core which i attached above , you MUST add the 3 E X A Images to your Char-Img Folder !!
==> The Names of the Finished Images are Importent!
the edited Core Plugin will ask for each of them:

-"$srpg_set_E"
-"$srpg_set_X"
-"$srpg_set_A"
Im happy that the issue is fixed^^
(thx for the feedback)
edit
also keep the original "sprg_set" img in your char folder, its still needed for the Cursor

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zephydra

I just want to give additional information in case the core are the cause of your problem.

There are muliple versions of the core plugins in this forum. The one that are unmodified that can be found in the first page and from my Demo. And the modified one that you may found from Dopan's Demo.

Dopan's core adds feature that aren't available in the unmodified core to accommodate new features of his Demo.

So, to choose which core is the right version for you is by looking from the Demo on which you base your project.

Basically mine use unmodified core and Dopan's use the modified one.

I hope we can solve this kind of problem in the future by merging both version in the upstream.

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The easiest way to create the arrow:

Open New Demo and Your project altogether, then

1. Copy the Arrow.png at img/animations directory from new Demo to your project img/animations directory.
  2. Open Animations database from new Demo, copy, and paste arrow animation setup (in new Demo it is at 0121 in the list) to your project.
  3. Open Skills database from new Demo, copy, and paste Bow Attack setup (in new Demo it is at 0032 in the list) to your project.
  4. Open Weapons database, and add <srpgWeaponSkill:32> note to any arrow based weapon (in new Demo they are Weapon 0010, 0011, and 0012) to change normal attack to customized attack. Change 32 to any Skill ID that you created specifically for arrow attack.

The reason we cannot use old method, because it use Yanfly's action sequence and doesn't support Mapview Battle.

With the new method, the arrow will automatically point to any direction where it is directed. (No need to rotate the arrow manually with notetag/command)

To learn more about DynamicAction you may want to look the specific thread I created for manual which also contain many sample technique that can be copied and pasted in your project.

Hope it solved your problem.

Thanks Ryan!

Unfortunately, my issue arises when trying to create the arrow when not on mapview, however I think I can make it work now that I see the sprite is in an animation. I should just be able to make an animation for it and be all set.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The method I said in my previous post should works for both Mapview Battle and Sideview Battle, which is why I stated in announcement post that DynamicAction works for map view and sideview with same notetag. Even in My Demo you can see that the arrow works like before if you switch the battle into sideview.

Of course if you prefer to use Yanfly's you can just remove all NRP plugins and replace them with Yanfly's, so your old skills should work as before, although it means you will lost animated mapview battle.

And if you just need sideview enemies without Yanfly plugin dependencies, you may want to try plugin made by Rexal.

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was able to tweak the animation using your method. Wanted to show the arrow path, so all set now. Thanks again for the help!

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question how do I make the range for range attacks equal to units magic example: skill has 1-mag range and I got no clue how to do it.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question how do I make the range for range attacks equal to units magic example: skill has 1-mag range and I got no clue how to do it.

I'm fairly certain there isn't support for formula-based ranges (unless someone made it recently), but SRPG_RangeControl does allow you to manually add a range bonus via states, characters, or equipment, and set certain items to add that bonus to their maximum range. An option would be to manually apply a range bonus in any place you apply a magic bonus, and set your magic-based skills to have variable ranges.

This, of course, only really supports one stat for dictating a character's range.

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm fairly certain there isn't support for formula-based ranges (unless someone made it recently), but SRPG_RangeControl does allow you to manually add a range bonus via states, characters, or equipment, and set certain items to add that bonus to their maximum range. An option would be to manually apply a range bonus in any place you apply a magic bonus, and set your magic-based skills to have variable ranges.

This, of course, only really supports one stat for dictating a character's range.
Ok thanks doctor Q

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram
i am trying to figure out the new plugins and functions of your new demo, and got 3 questions.
i think it is possible to: (but i dont know how)
1-
zoom or change the size of a Char sprite
2- use animations to play on Char sprites while state affected
3- have Compatiblety with yep core

About 1.
- I would like to use 1 custom Char which need to be resized and would like to test if its better to zoom/change the Char sprite size with the new Plugins permanently, instead of editing the Char image size . Is this possible and if so ,how?
(if its based on event id or actor note that would be fine)

About 2.
- I would like to show what states are active (example: poison) and play animations on the Char which is affected (showing on map),based on State Note.If thats Possible.
These StateAnimations should repeat till the State is no more affected.
( i did something similar with my "aura" Plugin but realized that this will cause lags when to much states are active, i am still not sure what would be the best solution for this)
=> also changing the charSprite to a Sprite that has poison bubbles added, was my first try for this, but that way it will be allways just one state that is shown..And that solution needs a loot of img edits..

About 3.
I recognized that it should be possible to use the compatblety mode with Yep, in order use both kind of Plugins (YEPs and the DA related Plugins).
If the Plugin Param settings are correctly made(& PluginManager order is correctly made), this should work based on the stuff i read, but you mentioned that:
Of course if you prefer to use Yanfly's you can just remove all NRP plugins and replace them with Yanfly's, so your old skills should work as before, although it means you will lost animated mapview battle.
Did you mentioned that regarding the skillnotes or because of Compatiblety issues that cant be avoided?
(i would like to try to implement the max of avalleble/compatible Plugins in a future tutorial demo update)

=> of course i have to figure out ,if there are any compatiblety Issues with DrQs ,Boomys,& my Plugins if they are used with the new DA Plugins.. but i will work on that later..
---
---
@ ALL

About the different SRPG Cores

basicly i have 2 kind of edited SRPG Cores .
- old without agiatt+ ect (Version 1.27) //used in the "updated Demo"
- new with agiatt+ ect (Version 1.32) // used in the "extension demo"
The old Core is for people that didnt have the newest stuff added to their project yet.

(about the New Core)
The new Core is recommended and basicly the same like the Core which RyanBram's new Demo uses, but at the Moment the Core in "RyanBrams new Demo" is without all edits and fixes that boomy and I made.

These Edits should not make any problems , they only need a little bit more Setup , mostly regarding :
-"MapBattle Pre Action Phase" and the needed Common Event id in the Core param Setting.
(The correct Setup is shown in the "Extension Demo", Core param setting and the Common Events of the demo)
And regarding :
- the newest update which requires the 3 new EXA Images ,what i explained here #1,145

If anybody has problems to Setup the New Edited SRPG core (1.32), and cant figure it out using the "extension demo" as refference, pls let me know and i am sure that we can solve it.This edited Core should work without bigger Issues in "RyanBram's new Demo".
(this Core can be found on my GitHub, & extension demo)

Last edited:

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@RyanBram
i am trying to figure out the new plugins and functions of your new demo, and got 3 questions.
1-

About 1.
- I would like to use 1 custom Char which need to be resized and would like to test if its better to zoom/change the Char sprite size with the new Plugins permanently, instead of editing the Char image size . Is this possible and if so ,how?
(if its based on event id or actor note that would be fine)

About 2.
- I would like to show what states are active (example: poison) and play animations on the Char which is affected (showing on map),based on State Note.If thats Possible.
These StateAnimations should repeat till the State is no more affected.
( i did something similar with my "aura" Plugin but realized that this will cause lags when to much states are active, i am still not sure what would be the best solution for this)
=> also changing the charSprite to a Sprite that has poison bubbles added, was my first try for this, but that way it will be allways just one state that is shown..And that solution needs a loot of img edits..

About 3.
I recognized that it should be possible to use the compatblety mode with Yep, in order use both kind of Plugins (YEPs and the DA related Plugins).
If the Plugin Param settings are correctly made(& PluginManager order is correctly made), this should work based on the stuff i read, but you mentioned that:

Did you mentioned that regarding the skillnotes or because of Compatiblety issues that cant be avoided?
(i would like to try to implement the max of avalleble/compatible Plugins in a future tutorial demo update)

=> of course i have to figure out ,if there are any compatiblety Issues with DrQs ,Boomys,& my Plugins if they are used with the new DA Plugins.. but i will work on that later..
---
---
@ ALL

About the different SRPG Cores

basicly i have 2 kind of edited SRPG Cores .
- old without agiatt+ ect (Version 1.27) //used in the "updated Demo"
- new with agiatt+ ect (Version 1.32) // used in the "extension demo"
The old Core is for people that didnt have the newest stuff added to their project yet.

(about the New Core)
The new Core is recommended and basicly the same like the Core which RyanBram's new Demo uses, but at the Moment the Core in "RyanBrams new Demo" is without all edits and fixes that boomy and I made.

These Edits should not make any problems , they only need a little bit more Setup , mostly regarding :
-"MapBattle Pre Action Phase" and the needed Common Event id in the Core param Setting.
(The correct Setup is shown in the "Extension Demo", Core param setting and the Common Events of the demo)
And regarding :
- the newest update which requires the 3 new EXA Images ,what i explained here #1,145

If anybody has problems to Setup the New Edited SRPG core (1.32), and cant figure it out using the "extension demo" as refference, pls let me know and i am sure that we can solve it.This edited Core should work without bigger Issues in "RyanBram's new Demo".
(this Core can be found on my GitHub, if you take it out of the extension demo instead, that one has NOT the EXA fix implemented yet)

I use different sized sprites for my project by increasing the size of the $Char img. Just make sure that it is the same proportions as the original

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use different sized sprites for my project by increasing the size of the $Char img. Just make sure that it is the same proportions as the original
yes thats what i do at the moment, but i hope to get better result in graphic by scaling it with Plugin.. or in other words , i want to figure out what looks better..
- yep made a plugin that does this (Yep_ScaleSprites), but its paywalled and in some cases not what i need ,because there is somehow a limit on max "width" ..
I thought the "DA plugins" can do that aswell, and hopefully better^^
- also i tried this tool for resizing Imgs, which seems to make better results in quality
(compared to what i can do manually with paind3d)

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was a way to use the TP gauge as a resource for movement. For instance, moving x number of spaces would require a certain amount of TP.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was a way to use the TP gauge as a resource for movement. For instance, moving x number of spaces would require a certain amount of TP.
--
MovementPoints = MovementRange
--

"srpgMovePlus" (from the SRPG core) can controll/change how much MovementPoints a char can use.
You would need to build a script that can use the "srpgMovePlus" in order to change the MovementPoints related to the TP,which the char got.
This should be possible but not without some scripting,there is no Function by default that does that.
/(as far i know)

But "srpgMovePlus" is also used on Terrain and other Stuff, this should be considered aswell..

Edit
Or you could try to use the TP_Gauge for Showing MovementPoints instead of TP ,and not use the TP at all..
(but i am not sure if that is what you want and this will also require some scripting edits)

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram
1-

1. If what you mean is changing only the visual appearance for Big Enemy, then personally I prefer to resize the character size manually with image editor (or my RTP scaler :D) instead of using plugin. Because plugins at least have 3 disadvantages: 1) potentially cause compatibility issue, 2) might affect game performance, 3) the resized character may looks pixelated or ugly especially if we also use other plugins which also have zoom effect, such as map zoom, screen zoom, etc. If you want to try my scaler, I may PM you for download link as my gratitude for your contribution.

2. I don't try it myself, so I am unsure. But DynamicAnimation can play animation to any event, including player, follower, and object events. So you just need a way to make a state that can trigger this animation to that event. If you can manage it, please share.

3. DynamicAction is compatible with most of YEP, but not Visustella. Although, if you use YEP Action Sequence and DynamicAction together, they will conflict because both of them control how battler motion are performed. That's why I suggested that everyone should use only one of those if they want to create action sequence.

Hope that answer your questions.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll
Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kanyatanishande