SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

e463gx

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Any way to force the enemy to have the first turn, such as an ambush scenario?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any way to force the enemy to have the first turn, such as an ambush scenario?
Basicly just skip the Actors Turn , and disable the "Player Phase" message with extra switches that controll if these messages get shown or not.

info from srpg core help info
this.turnEnd(); # End player's turn(Same 'Turn End' in menu).

Last edited:

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have added votes for RTP suggestion.
Feel free to vote your suggestion. (^_^)

mastervnc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks to the people who created this plugin. Can I have enemies spawn randomly on the map?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Many thanks to the people who created this plugin. Can I have enemies spawn randomly on the map?
you could try to use an event spawner, or you could use Placeholder events, that get enabled by switches..
than let those switches get activated randomly..
(but i got no working solution, those are just my first thoughts on this Question)

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question how do get friendly or enemy unit to attack an unit if they are on same team eg. if hit with confusion state they attack everyone I have seen it happen when my healer uses heal on my own undead and it damages them and they keep casting heal on undead and then they die I have seen it happens multiple times while play testing

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question how do get friendly or enemy unit to attack an unit if they are on same team eg. if hit with confusion state they attack everyone I have seen it happen when my healer uses heal on my own undead and it damages them and they keep casting heal on undead and then they die I have seen it happens multiple times while play testing
But I cannot figure out how to replicate the effect it seems to only happen when I activate auto battle mode and by the way I’m using yanfly engine and frogboy races plugins for undead state and it works with SRPG engine.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lonepirate21
you were speaking of "teams", do you use the "SRPG_Teams.js" Plugin from DrQ?
(this plugin was made to have more Controll over what Unit attacks what other Unit)

The confusion state is by default working the way, to make the Confused Unit, act randomly on all other Units..
I dont know the "frocboy races" plugin so I cant say anything about that or if it makes any conflicts, but i assume that it wasnt made to be compatible with all SRPG Plugins..
most interressting would be, to find out if "frocboy races" plugin doesnt conflict with SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js

For undead i am using the Plugin AP_ZombieVampiricState ..

You mentioned that your problem only happens on autobattle so i assume it has something to do with the AI..
But at the moment i cant say more to this .

Last edited:

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone managed to update the window prior to attacking to include Yanfly's Weapon Durability? The code for the window is in the Core file, but I can't seem to figure out how to add the durability into the informaton.
Neither I have i featured it out but I do know the durability gets used do to number of weapons and armour cuz they break during combat if I kill at lease 30 enemy’s units I have found out if you go items tab you can see how much durability they have.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lonepirate21
(about : "update the window prior to attacking to include Yanfly's Weapon Durability ")

boomy
showed that here #1,125

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lonepirate21
you were speaking of "teams", do you use the "SRPG_Teams.js" Plugin from DrQ?
(this plugin was made to have more Controll over what Unit attacks what other Unit)

The confusion state is by default working the way to act randomly on all other Units..
I dont know the "frocboy races" plugin so I cant say anything about that or if it makes any conflicts, but i asume that it wasnt made to be compatible with all SRPG Plugins..
most interressting would be, to find out if "frocboy races" plugin doesnt conflict with SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js

For undead i am using the Plugin AP_ZombieVampiricState ..

You mentioned that your problem only happens on autobattle so i assume it has something to do with the AI..
But at the moment i cant say more to this .
Frogboy plugins do not conflict with srpg ai control and srpg range control as i am using all of
frogboys plugins and srpg ai control and srpg range control plugins all in same project and had no problems so far as they do not inpact the SRPG engine it self and I thought it was ai just being dumb but would like to know how to make ai target friendly units like if they are suffering charmed state or traitor state in my game what it does is make units attack everyone as if they where enemy units and for the undead racial trait I’m using yanfly engine plugins but as a Luna java variant so java coding is really complex but it works as I’m running Luna code for lot of the skills in my game.
my game is SRPG survival open world game that was working on for 3 years.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Frogboy plugins do not conflict with srpg ai control and srpg range control as i am using all of
frogboys plugins and srpg ai control and srpg range control plugins all in same project and had no problems so far as they do not inpact the SRPG engine it self and I thought it was ai just being dumb but would like to know how to make ai target friendly units like if they are suffering charmed state or traitor state in my game what it does is make units attack everyone as if they where enemy units and for the undead racial trait I’m using yanfly engine plugins but as a Luna java variant so java coding is really complex but it works as I’m running Luna code for lot of the skills in my game.
my game is SRPG survival open world game that was working on for 3 years.
again.. did you tried "SRPG_Teams.js" ?
(that plugin can make teams no matter if they are actors or enemys.. this can be used for "traitor Units" ect)

On FrogBoy Plugins :
i cant say anything to that, if you are sure that this makes no problems then focus on other stuff

the reason why i mentioned SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js is that these 2 Plugins handle most AI stuff ,.. but i think "SRPG_Teams.js" should be able to do what you want by building&changing the teams.

If you are Using SRPG Teams, and that cant solve your problem, then i would advise to figure out everything that can be done with SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js.
(if that cant solve your problem than i cant help at this point)

Last edited:

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
again.. did you tried "SRPG_Teams.js" ?
(that plugin can make teams no matter if they are actors or enemys.. this can be used for "traitor Units" ect)

On FrogBoy Plugins :
i cant say anything to that, if you a sure that this makes no problems then focus on other stuff

the reason why i mentioned SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js is that these 2 Plugins handle Most AI stuff ,.. but i think "SRPG_Teams.js" should be able to do what you want by building&changing the teams.

If you are Using SRPG Teams, and that cant solve your problem then i would advise to figure out everything that can be done with SRPG_AIControll.js and SRPG_RangeControll.js.
(if that cant solve your problem than i cant help at this point)
Right I got it figured out toke me half doses tries and one hell of coding spegtti and it works now thank you for your help

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I missed a lot of stuff, as the forum stopped notifying me until now (missed rpg maker web youtube events as well). Did I miss any new updates on the new core?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I missed a lot of stuff, as the forum stopped notifying me until now (missed rpg maker web youtube events as well). Did I miss any new updates on the new core?
@NatePlays, welcome back..
--
RyanBram made a new Demo with new Plugins,more info here#1,129
--
I made another Edit on my edited Version of the new Core,more info here#1,145
(Edited Core Version update + info Solved Exa Issue)
And here#1,128(tutorial info about EXA Frame Issue)

----
My tutorial demos are Currently not Updated, this will take longer time, but my Github is up to date.

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just finished updating to the latest version.
and seems like I found an incompatibility with YEP Job Points system because it doesn't go into the battle screen.
And still struggling with MZ,.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @RyanBram. I just recently purchased the latest version of your dope-ass engine, and am trying to test it alongside other plugins that I'm using. So far, I've ran into the attached error, even though I've added the image in question to the appropriate folder. What am I doing wrong?
Screenshot (5).png

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @RyanBram. I just recently purchased the latest version of your dope-ass engine, and am trying to test it alongside other plugins that I'm using. So far, I've ran into the attached error, even though I've added the image in question to the appropriate folder. What am I doing wrong?
View attachment 169281
@Zayriel
for some reason idk, you dont have the "srpg_set" img..
( i mean the default one not the extra imgs which i made for the EXA fix..)
-> perhaps the IMG is just wrongly named.. you can choose the img that is used in the core param setup..
Screenshot_2.png

i attached that default "srpg_set" img, incase you dont have it in your project..

Edit
if adding the img to the correct folder ect doesnt solve it, than it might be an incompatiblety with "YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js"..

Attachments

• srpg_set.png
    srpg_set.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very much appreciated, @Dopan! I'm not sure how, but the name was changed in the core param setup for my project even though I copied the same plugin from the "SRPG Engine MV and DynamicAction 1.32Q + BONUS" project, which had the correct name.

Thanks again, dude!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nick7626