SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The latest Demo use ! as a prefix for !srpg_set to disable pixel shifting so the cursor will exactly placed on the center of the grid instead of slightly upward.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so I'm looking through the demo, and having trouble finding how exactly to trigger the battle event. I'm trying to test it in a single player scenario against two enemy bats. What's the most basic way to do this?

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sorry if I don't perfectly understand what did you mean.

1. sprgbattle start is a plugin command that you need to trigger SRPG Battle.

2. Those command should be called before transfering player to the map prepared specifically for SRPG Battlefield.

3. All of Battle Events are defined in 6 specifics events that cover any turn in Battle. You can see those event at the top left of every map that are used as SRPG battlefield in the Demo.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, so I should just follow the comments about the basics for each of the six events, and I should be good?

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You also should see any event that are marked as actor, enemy, or ally (actor that move automatically). Especially for enemy, you can set enemy that approach certain actor, or enemy that just stay in place, or enemy that move to a direction.

In map 1 you can learn basic things

In map 2 you can learn how distance between actor/enemy can trigger an event / dialogue and how ally are behave

In map 3 you can learn how specific condition can change the direction your ally will move to.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if I just want to setup a barebones, vanilla battle, just stick with the first map?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if I just want to setup a barebones, vanilla battle, just stick with the first map?
Screenshot_3.png
@Zayriel

every battle map needs these 6battlemap making events..
then you got the plugin commands to start or end a battle.

The first map of RyanBrams demo shows how the basic works.
The other maps show only more other functions, which are implemented in those 6Events..

my tutorial demos show a lot of other functions and i put everything in common events to keep the 6 events clean
(that can avoid a lot of work)

these 6 events do following thing:
(they build following battlephases)

- start of battle phase
- actor phase
- enemy phase
- turn end phase
- pre action phase
- post action phase

=> in all demos these phases store GREEN text which is only there to explain what these events are made for
=> it might be a bit hard for starters to figure this out but it looks more complicated than it is.

( i could tell you more stuff that is allready been explained in this thread but that makes not much sense, you have to take the time and read it.. )
=> for example the pre-action phase of MapBattle mode doesnt has the correct timming with the not edited core version that you are currently using..more info here #1,155
(there where i talk about the different edited SRPG cores in the south part of my post)
=> this thread stores a lot more helpfull infos and i admit not everything is explained perfect but it also doesnt help to explain some things more than 2 times that will spaam the thread.. no offense.
=> in other words , at the moment there is no "perfect" demo because of little issues that can be changed/fixed.. also my current tutorial demos are not up to date.. But you can make the perfect working project if you put the right things together..

=> also i just recognized both links to my tutorial demos are down :(
( i am currently re_uploading the tutorial demos , it will take about 1 hour)Done

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Thanks for breakdown. I was just trying to confirm if the instructions within the comments of the six battle events were all that would be necessary to setup the most basic of battles, so I'm hoping that this is the case.

And I apologize if I'm repeating an already posted query. I know this isn't a good excuse, but with this thread being so big, it can be pretty difficult and overwhelming to sift through in order to find the right solution.

Thanks again!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Thanks for breakdown. I was just trying to confirm if the instructions within the comments of the six battle events were all that would be necessary to setup the most basic of battles, so I'm hoping that this is the case.

And I apologize if I'm repeating an already posted query. I know this isn't a good excuse, but with this thread being so big, it can be pretty difficult and overwhelming to sift through in order to find the right solution.

Thanks again!
no offense i did ask a lot of repeated questions myself to DrQ ,when i started with SRPG.. i know the Struggle^^
( and yes for starters the 6 events are all you need to figure out.. one step after the other^)

(re_upload of my not updated tutorial demos takes about 1 hour..DONE.. only 1 thing is changed .. i added the EXA fix and the newest edited Core to the "extension demo".. other changes take more time ,which i dont have for this at the moment)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan The demo link still appears to be down.
i added the Dopans plugins link first.. and the "updated demo" link..(these are already uploaded)

the extension demo Link will take about 40min from now..Done
(this one came at the end because i had to add the newest edited core and the extra EXA fix IMGs, while the other stuff was already uploading)

all links in my SignatureSpoiler are re_uploaded

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I was wondering if SRPG supports multiple actions per unit. For example, I give units a resource I call "Action Points" (called Movement Points in LTBS), which is normally used for just moving, but I've adapted it to also be used for actions as well. Basically like Baldur's Gate 3 or Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2.

Example:
Bonus Action: costs 0 movement points
Moving: costs 1 movement point per tile
Normal Attack: costs 1 movement point
Strong Skills: costs 2 movement points
Large AoEs: costs 3 movement points

Also, how is AI done in SRPG? Does it use its own logic (like how LTBS does) or does it use the default MV's AI?

Lastly, is there any word on the possibility of individual turn orders yet? Thank you!

PS. I recently fixed many of the issues I had w/ LTBS, so now I really need convincing to convert to SRPG haha. However, 1 very serious issue still remains, but this is not the thread to go into that... But if I can't get it fixed, I will be forced to switch. I just need individual turn orders before I do.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I was wondering if SRPG supports multiple actions per unit. For example, I give units a resource I call "Action Points" (called Movement Points in LTBS), which is normally used for just moving, but I've adapted it to also be used for actions as well. Basically like Baldur's Gate 3 or Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2.

Example:
Bonus Action: costs 0 movement points
Moving: costs 1 movement point per tile
Normal Attack: costs 1 movement point
Strong Skills: costs 2 movement points
Large AoEs: costs 3 movement points

Also, how is AI done in SRPG? Does it use its own logic (like how LTBS does) or does it use the default MV's AI?

Lastly, is there any word on the possibility of individual turn orders yet? Thank you!

PS. I recently fixed many of the issues I had w/ LTBS, so now I really need convincing to convert to SRPG haha. However, 1 very serious issue still remains, but this is not the thread to go into that... But if I can't get it fixed, I will be forced to switch. I just need individual turn orders before I do.
movement point/range is seperated from actionpoints, by default .
(by default movement has to happen before the action and another action point will allow a new movement.. that can be changed ..but its a bit work depending on how you want it to happen)

You can add action points with skillnote for example, and you can change the move_range/points with statenote for example..
For AI there are several plugins, boomy made one for better AI movement logic, DrQ made the other Plugins that affect the AI.

AOEs are counted as singel action
(which only repeats itself without the extra cost of actionpoints)

..at the moment no news on the individual turn orders as far i know..

i recommend to try the new demo from RyanBram and also my tutorial demos for more details
i didnt add the new Plugins from RyanBrams new demo to my tutorial demos yet..

And its no problem to add actionpoints , or even extra actions to another action

(for SV battle "forceaction" can be used and for mapbattle i made a "mapforceaction" plugin)
sry that i dont go into more details but that would be a lot of text^^
( and i guess you will wait for the "individual turn orders" anyway^^)

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ran into another error:
Screenshot (17).png

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ran into another error:
View attachment 169327
-at what point does that happen?
-how does your plugin manager looks like?

.. my first guess would be a wrong plugin_order, something related to Dynamic Action Plugin
=> aslong i got no tutorial_demo with all "old srpg_plugins" and the new plugins from ryans new demo, i cant provide a proper example how to setup the plugins in the right order ect..
=> the error IMG only tells me that you are using the Plugins from ryans new demo, but for now thats not enough info to figure it out..
=> perhaps somebody else might know more idk..

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-at what point does that happen?
-how does your plugin manager looks like?

.. my first guess would be a wrong plugin_order, something related to Dynamic Action Plugin
=> aslong i got no tutorial_demo with all "old srpg_plugins" and the new plugins from ryans new demo, i cant provide a proper example how to setup the plugins in the right order ect..
=> the error IMG only tells me that you are using the Plugins from ryans new demo, but for now thats not enough info to figure it out..
=> perhaps somebody else might know more idk..
  • It occurs during the player's transfer to the battlefield.
  • I followed the same plugin order that was provided with @RyanBram's demo, except for the Kodakawa plugins, which I placed at the end.
I'm having trouble uploading images of my plugin order, so I'll be working to resolve this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • It occurs during the player's transfer to the battlefield.
  • I followed the same plugin order that was provided with @RyanBram's demo, except for the Kodakawa plugins, which I placed at the end.
I'm having trouble uploading images of my plugin order, so I'll be working to resolve this.
well it looks like you used most of the (pluginmanager)default setup of RyanBram's demo.. so i guess its not the plugin order..

i looked into the error img again and it seems that the system has trouble to find the right char img or something like that..
Screenshot_1.png
this img is from the Plugin that gets the first Error Bug,it shows where it happens..
@Zayriel
perhaps you could show a few imgs with the map events that store the actors/enemys ?

- it could be a mistake in your battle map setup & Unit storing events
(unit = actor or enemy)
example of a "unit Event"
Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

first img with the numbers is from my tutorial demos.. the other 2 imgs are from RyanBram's demo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS