SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please try to open the rpg_core.js and look the version. The old and new demos have different version of rpg_core.js .
I believe I'm using ver. 1.32 + Q; last updated on Oct 8, 2020.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe I'm using ver. 1.32 + Q; last updated on Oct 8, 2020.
no what Ryan means is the rpg core.. not the srpg core ..
its part of his new demo..
Screenshot_5.png
ryans new demo . rpg core version 1.62
my tutorial demos . rpg core version 1.61

.. but i dont think that this is the issue..
i think the problem is:
Quick note: I'm using SumRndmDude's Character Creator EX
the char creator ex from srd is made for SV battle.. and the char images are not stored as finished imgs.. the srd plugins uses generator parts and builds these char images out of them.. so srpg doesnt has a char img that can be loaded..
(the "match" error)

I once tried using that plugin in srpg and even if i got it working at some point, it wont work properly while map battle the char will only be seen in sv battle and as long you dont have a "compatiblety" script that handels this you cant use "SumRndmDude's Character Creator EX" with SRPG anyway..
(even if you solve your first "match"- problem with a walkaround which i dont remember, i dont know how to solve the second problem which i mentioned above)

If that error Bug still happen without "SumRndmDude's Character Creator EX" pls let me know.
->sry but i cant provide a "compatiblety" script for that..
(i might undestand the logic of the problem but i dont know/understand the scriptCodes that are used and i dont know/understand the scriptCode that would be needed to make it compatible)

we once talked about "SumRndmDude's Character Creator EX" in this thread and another User wanted this plugin aswell but we couldnt make it happen,perhaps you might find the postings related to this but it wont solve the whole issue it can only give some hints..

Last edited:

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram/@Dopan
Oh boy, sorry for the confusion, guys. Looks like the version of the engine that I purchased--which I downloaded it nine days ago--doesn't have the latest rpg_core.js file. Where would I be able to download the latest file? Would it be through itch.io?

I have the latest version of rpg_core.js.

@Dopan
I was able to get the walking sprite to work within @arleq1n's Tactics System engine using the following:
  • SRD_CCEX_DynamicActors.js plugin
  • The <CustomCharacter:1> note tag
This allowed me to be able to display the custom character without needing to select an image for said actor unit.

EDIT: I found the post exchange between you and @Kingsley_O, who was attempting the same exact thing, and had also mentioned using the same note tag, to no avail. Bummer...:(

Last edited:

CardCaph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a proper way to transfer directly between maps while in an srpg battle is still active? When I use the normal map transfer command, it transfers the player correctly, but it gives the actors and enemies the default event sprite, and I'm unable to select them.

jkm0126

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. Thank you for your hard work.
I get an error while downloading and running the latest version. (VER 1.32Q)
The name of the error is'type error' and the content is'undefined is not a function'.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel
Since I don't use any SRD plugins myself, so I am really sorry that I cannot help you much.

@cardcafe
What do you want todo or use case by transferring player during SRPG Battle? Maybe by knowing what you want to do, we can give you workable solution.

@jkm0126
The latest demo from https://ryanbram.itch.io/srpg-engine-demo-v132q should works out of the box. Is the error come out even before you are doing anything? Maybe it is related with language settings in your PC since some database still in Japanese although I am not sure it is the problem?

jkm0126

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram

It is an error as soon as you start a new game.

My language is set to Korean.

However, the previous version had no errors.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some plugins in new Demo contain untranslated Japanese part, which might be the problem.

Let me try to update the Demo and I'll inform you after finish.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zayriel
Since I don't use any SRD plugins myself, so I am really sorry that I cannot help you much.
So are there no compatibility plans for SRD plugins at all? I think that adapting CCEX--in the least--would be tremendous!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are there no compatibility plans for SRD plugins at all? I think that adapting CCEX--in the least--would be tremendous!
its not all srd plugins that dont work.. but this one doesnt, because of the reason i explained.. srpg needs char images.. and the srd plugin doesnt make & safe such IMGs.. it uses generator parts..

SRD plugins are written in his own "style" its not easy to make a compatiblety script that way..
And i dont know how or why it works with the other tactics system, but both TBS Engines are different anyway..
sry for the bad news.

Zayriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its not all srd plugins that dont work.. but this one doesnt, because of the reason i explained.. srpg needs char images.. and the srd plugin doesnt make & safe such IMGs.. it uses generator parts..

SRD plugins are written in his own "style" its not easy to make a compatiblety script that way..
And i dont know how or why it works with the other tactics system, but both TBS Engines are different anyway..
sry for the bad news.
Ah, damn...was so looking forward to using this, since LTBS didn't quite work out either. I guess I'll save it for a future, non-CCEX project instead. Much appreciated for all of the help, and for all the work y'all have put into SRPG, @RyanBram and @Dopan! You guys rock!

CardCaph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cardcafe
What do you want todo or use case by transferring player during SRPG Battle? Maybe by knowing what you want to do, we can give you workable solution.
Sorry about that, I wasn't at home when asking. I'll elaborate.

So, my main goal in doing this is having a smoother method of moving party members from map to map. It would allow me maintain a few things such as status effects, turn count (which will be visible once I port over the rest of the UI), and some other miscellaneous aspects that usually get reset after battle. It's also for game performance, better focus on individual segments, and some other ideas I don't wish to disclose currently.

1606808956286.png
Just as a minor example (Don't mind the map layouts), once all enemies in an area are defeated, the player will move on to the next map. In this instance, from the map on the right to the map on the left.

There lies my problem, when I try to do this under normal circumstances, I get this.
1606815121293.png
All participants revert to the default event sprite and are not selectable, effectively softlocking the game.

Oh, I and should probably ask: is there a way to reset your entire party to move again?

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry about that, I wasn't at home when asking. I'll elaborate.

So, my main goal in doing this is having a smoother method of moving party members from map to map. It would allow me maintain a few things such as status effects, turn count (which will be visible once I port over the rest of the UI), and some other miscellaneous aspects that usually get reset after battle. It's also for game performance, better focus on individual segments, and some other ideas I don't wish to disclose currently.

View attachment 169474
Just as a minor example (Don't mind the map layouts), once all enemies in an area are defeated, the player will move on to the next map. In this instance, from the map on the right to the map on the left.

There lies my problem, when I try to do this under normal circumstances, I get this.
View attachment 169479
All participants revert to the default event sprite and are not selectable, effectively softlocking the game.

Oh, I and should probably ask: is there a way to reset your entire party to move again?
I haven't tried this but you could try the following:

1. Store the XY coordinates of all units on the map (from what you are saying, the actors turn into "default events" so perhaps store all actors).This could be done with $gameSystem._EventToUnit function or $gameSystem._srpgAllActors and $gameSystem.ActorToEvent.

2. Move to new map

3. Restore all actors. This can be done with this.addActor()

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CardCaph
I guess its better to use a bigger map instead and dont change Maps while battle.I also didnt tried to use more than 1 map in a battle yet..

Edit
i figured out another approach..
lets imagine you got a map that has the size of 4 screens (example IMG)
we call these 4 screen parts a,b,c and d..
now you want that the Units cant move from one screenpart to the other till some stuff had happen..
You can use a
Plugin to Fix the Screen to the Center of a or b or c or d..
(I think Galvs "Cam Controll" can do the Job..)
That way a Unit cant move outside of the "fixed screen".Even if the "real map" is bigger than one of the 4 parts, it will look like there are 4 maps instead of 1.
You can change the "screen fix" whenever the needed stuff had happen..
You can also make sure that enemy Units dont come from another screenpart by limiting their movement till a "screen fix" has changed..
Example IMG
Screenshot_1.png

i think it would be better to make the Screenparts overlap each other a bit on the point where a ScreenPart will change, make sure that all Units have to be in that overlapping screenpart or they can get teleported if they are not close enough..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@CardCaph There is currently no way to change maps while SRPG battle mode is active, because it breaks a bunch of setup and initialization stuff. You must end the SRPG battle to change to another map- your best bet is to disable the post-battle auto healing, so damage / statuses / etc are retained. If you want, you can then manually use the Recover All event command when your battle is done for real.

Of course, there's definitely not a way to transfer enemies between maps, because they're bound to events which are part of the map.

CardCaph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dopan's method seems to work so far. Not sure how much it'll chug once I start adding more, but I appreciate it!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dopan's method seems to work so far. Not sure how much it'll chug once I start adding more, but I appreciate it!
also you can undo the "turn end" of a Unit by using this..
JavaScript:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false/true;

// True set the Units turn to Ended

// False set the Units turn to NOT Ended

// you can also use the Base Code of "SRPG UnitGroups"..

// .. in order to do that for whole Groups at the same time

//=> if you need more detailled info pls ask
Edit
Base Code of SRPG UnitGroups:
JavaScript:
                //0U_Add Test: THIS IF FOR TESTING NEW FUNCTIONS "this.allUxTest();"
                Game_Interpreter.prototype.allUxTest = function() {
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        // <-insert test code here
                         //Example: for undo all Units turn
                         // for actors only.. remove the enemy part above
                        // enemy part above is " || battleunit[0] === 'enemy' "
                        battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;

}

}
                    return true;
                };
Edit2
JavaScript:
                //0U_Add Test: THIS IF FOR TESTING NEW FUNCTIONS "this.allUxTest();"
                Game_Interpreter.prototype.allUxTest = function() {
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        // <-insert test code here
                         //Example: for undo all actors turn
                        battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;

}

}
                    return true;
                };

Last edited:

Dr_Applemango

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
help me
my player character moves...
when battle starts..
how to remove player character when battle starts..??

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
help me
my player character moves...
when battle starts..
how to remove player character when battle starts..??
When you start an SRPG battle, the player character on the map becomes the cursor, using first first sprite set in the srpg_set image file. If their image isn't changing, first check that you have the image correctly placed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to use a simple animation for a feature of Aletoirs Feast so now I'm touching for the first time the animation system of RM, hope the final result doesn't look too bad hahaha :kaoswt2:

How much n would you tolerate having the screen and the options shake/mock for every wrong answer you give in a hypothetical game?
I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuzukanten