SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr_Applemango

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game_EKhtxpWTZg.png
i move Jack and attack and i clicked again... but what mean..??

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 173722
I dont know,..
pls try it again and when the error comes, press F8 to open the console, then make another screenshot and show it here,that will hopefully show more detailed infos about the bug..

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 173722
Is the Project New or have you worked on it for a while?
Because every so often when I have had a project bricked for no discernable reason- to the point where I have copied pretty much everything associated with the project onto a new one, plug-ins (settings included) and all just as they were, and have it perfectly functional.

Dr_Applemango

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont know,..
pls try it again and when the error comes, press F8 to open the console, then make another screenshot and show it here,that will hopefully show more detailed infos about the bug..
Game_7wMjRMYtgQ.pngGame_8WvCPukkry.pngGame_AdZTgbLPbb.pngGame_DhOJ2FzLmw.pngGame_QQ4Co5dGzh.pngGame_xrqg16AEH1.pngGame_Y5jhK23na8.pngGame_7TQOXPS2In.png
here is my ScreenShot..

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sry i dont know, it seems that your project cant read this:
Screenshot_1.png
"this._movetile[1]" seems to be undefined..

also it could have something to do with this:
Screenshot_2.png
(not updated yep core engine)

.. but i am just guessing , i got no real idea why this happen in your project

JessieAnn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
pt_BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.
Two questions. I'm using SumRndmDde's HUD Maker in order to show a stats window:
Sample001.png
First question is: does any of the plugins have an option to do it automatically? I looked into them for a while before resorting to HUD Maker and didn't find anything.
If not, here's a suggestion for the plugin(s) maker(s): use the empty space on the HUD there, to the right of the HP and MP gauges, and put the stats in there. That would facilitate comparison between your parameters and the enemy's.

Second question: in case there isn't a built-in option to show the stats, how can I make my stats window appear only when a character is selected?
As it works right now, the box only appears when the 'srpgBattle' switch is on, that's easy enough. I also managed to make the stats update whenever a different character is selected. However, when none is, the window defaults to the stats of party member 0(1) instead of going away. Does anyone know how to deal with that?
I tried adding
Code:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1
and variations of it as a second condition to show/hide the window, but then it just doesn't show, period.

Thanks for the amazing plugin and for your time!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.
Two questions. I'm using SumRndmDde's HUD Maker in order to show a stats window:
First question is: does any of the plugins have an option to do it automatically? I looked into them for a while before resorting to HUD Maker and didn't find anything.
If not, here's a suggestion for the plugin(s) maker(s): use the empty space on the HUD there, to the right of the HP and MP gauges, and put the stats in there. That would facilitate comparison between your parameters and the enemy's.

Second question: in case there isn't a built-in option to show the stats, how can I make my stats window appear only when a character is selected?
As it works right now, the box only appears when the 'srpgBattle' switch is on, that's easy enough. I also managed to make the stats update whenever a different character is selected. However, when none is, the window defaults to the stats of party member 0(1) instead of going away. Does anyone know how to deal with that?
I tried adding
Code:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId() === 1
and variations of it as a second condition to show/hide the window, but then it just doesn't show, period.

Thanks for the amazing plugin and for your time!
@JessieAnn
well as far i know, more stats are shown whenever cursor is on enemys,.. or on actors that have their turn done..
Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png
But what you want is to show this when an actor, that has not made its turn,- is seleted..? which only show this by default:
Screenshot_5.png
.. If you can code, than you can probaly change these Windows in the function that controls this, but i never tried that and cant give more advise for this..

also for hudmaker showing "0 .." you probably have to find a way to disable the Huds (perhaps with switches idk) so they only try to get and show data at the situations you want..

i made a plugin "SRPG_phaseSwitches.js" that adds switches to each possible phase&subphase and i also made imgs and 1 map that show when the phases&subphases happen ,by showing the related images , whenever the spezific phase is active..
(perhaps that can help to use phaseSwitches as trigger for the Hudmaker or the status Windows ..)

And of course SRPG battle has to be "on" to show status info, because if not they are no Units(=battler&event)..
only events and the gameplayer and perhaps its followers ..
You could also make huds that go by the actor id and show whatever data you want whenever you want
(even if the actors are not visible on map because SRPGbattle is OFF)

to be honest i am not sure if i understand correctly what you want to archieve at the end..most stats are shown anyway ,whenever you try to target an enemy unit..
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

JessieAnn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
pt_BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
What I want is for the selected character's basic parameters, besides HP, MP and TP, to be shown at the screen when I, well, select them - not only when I select an unit to attack. Here's a quick and dirty MS Paint montage what I mean:

Sample001.png

And alas, my coding skills are limited. I can very well comprehend what a line of code means/does but piecing things together from scratch is beyond me, unfortunately.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
What I want is for the selected character's basic parameters, besides HP, MP and TP, to be shown at the screen when I, well, select them - not only when I select an unit to attack. Here's a quick and dirty MS Paint montage what I mean:

View attachment 173807

And alas, my coding skills are limited. I can very well comprehend what a line of code means/does but piecing things together from scratch is beyond me, unfortunately.
i think they are 2 ways to do that, both will need coding:

I asume that the function that handles this is : "Window_SrpgActorCommandStatus.prototype.drawContents = function() {"
you can edit that function to show more data,and to change the size of the window
(i am not sure if other "update-functions" need to be edited aswell or not)
Screenshot_6.png
2. you can insert the other window instead to the scene-function that activates this window..
-> "Scene_Map.prototype.createSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow = function() {"

( this funtion activates the window here, and this window data could be replaced with the other window data .. of the window that shows up by default if an actorUnit has ended its turn)
Screenshot_3.png
so you would need thedata to insert the other window instead of :
Screenshot_2.png

if you want your own made window size and only the stats which you chose to be seen than solution 1 is better.
if you want the easier way to make it happen and are ok with having this "big img":
Screenshot_4.png
-> than solution 2 would be easier because you only need to figure out the correct code to replace this one line:
Screenshot_2.png

(also i am not sure if solution 2 could need edits on "update-functions")
Solution 1 needs the knowledge to give all correct data to the "window-function" and perhaps even need to edit some "update-functions" to work correctly..

i probably could try to figure out solution 2 with a bit of time, but i am not sure if i could make solution 1 happen sry..
So at the moment i am just guessing , i didnt test anything..

edit..
after reading a bit more in the SRPG_core i think it could be needed to edit more on the Scene Function aswell.. but however the 2 functions (scene and window) are those which controll the window that you want to use.. and the needed code to edit them could be found in the other window function that makes the bigger Window..

(at the moment i am not sure what window-function does the big status window.. i never did much coding with windows , its a coincidense that i know the 2 functions i showed..because i once wanted to deactivate it to use mogs actorHUD)

Last edited:

JessieAnn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
pt_BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope.
Like I said, I understand what most of these lines of code mean. It's clear to me that something like
Code:
this.drawActorName(this._battler, x, y);
is calling a function that will draw the actor's name somewhere on the screen based on the given values.
Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to fill in the gaps. Been fiddling with it for about an hour now, without any success.

My solution isn't that pretty or elegant but it's working for now.
Thanks for the tips and images, @Dopan ! I'll keep bashing my head against it another time. Who knows, maybe I'll luck out!

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone and thanks for these great plugins. I'd like to use dragonbones animations but I get an error message when I add the plugin (uncaught error message, dragonbones is not defined). Is it possible to use dragonbones on this project and if yes, how should I do it ?

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't posted here in a long time.

I wanted to know if there has been any update regarding this post of mine posted on November 3rd (to give immunity to move cost to flying allies and enemies):

My train of thought was indeed to work directly within SRPG_RangeControl.js and add to it the possibility for an event (or possibly better an actor/enemy) to be immune to move costs defined IN SRPG_RangeControl.js
It seems to me, but maybe I'm wrong, a very practical way to handle flying creatures but also forest guards who could be immune to move cost as well.
I see 2 ways it could be done, one giving immunity to all move costs, and one (more powerful) giving immunity to a specific terrain's move cost, something like <terrain3mcimmunity>.
As I said, this would be effective only with the move costs as defined in SRPG_RangeControl.js and therefore counter the IMO big issue it currently has that move costs automatically apply to absolutely all units (which is not a very good thing in a SRPG, gameplay-wise).

Also if there has been any update regarding using AGI to determine who goes first in a round?
Thank you for your hard work and happy new year!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Saneterre (about using dragonbones in SRPG)
i never used Dragonbones on SRPG and also cant remember anybody else mentioning using it..so i cant give you any info on that sry..

@CarpenterScr (about "agi turn order" and "move cost edits")
as far as i know, ..no news on both questions..
(...) big issue it currently has that move costs automatically apply to absolutely all units (...)
->Thats not true, you can still change movecost with "SRPG_TerrainStates.js", like i explained it earlier.. a state that affects the movecost only affects the unit that has that state .. i understand that this solution was to much work in your oppinnion, but its not "impossible" to make individual movecost changes..

(if anybody else has more or other infos on these Questions pls let us know.)

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Compared to what could have been a <tag> added to SRPG_RangeControl.js, it looks indeed very circonvoluted and counter-intuitive to me. And I'm afraid it might cause bugs.
I'm not a scripter but it seems to me that such a tag would be a good addition to SRPG_RangeControl.js making it easy to just have units simply not affected by move costs... without having to have to add extra states, terrains that check these stats etc. all things that seem both difficult to implement and check.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Compared to what could have been a <tag> added to SRPG_RangeControl.js, it looks indeed very circonvoluted and counter-intuitive to me. And I'm afraid it might cause bugs.
I'm not a scripter but it seems to me that such a tag would be a good addition to SRPG_RangeControl.js making it easy to just have units simply not affected by move costs... without having to have to add extra states, terrains that check these stats etc. all things that seem both difficult to implement and check.
nope, it wont.
It could be a good addition but it would be a lot of work to edit that into the plugin , as i tried to explain earlier "movecost" are used in a lot of functions, that makes it more complicated to build a "tag" that affects every function which uses "movecost".

I understand why you want this, but if nobody does the changes which you want, you have to learn scripting yourself or use the ways which are availleble.Sry that this is not the answer you might want to hear.

Also if its just about Flying , you can use "region restrictions" and "move trough- in the event" like i explained here #1,300

( that solution would make regions unavailleble for event movenment if the event has not "move trough"-activated in the Event )

farland

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
tw
Primarily Uses
RMMV
v1.32Q
Can the battle wait a while before attacking?
And the EXP window after the battle is too fast, can this be adjusted?

Sorry, this is GOOGLE Translate

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
v1.32Q
Can the battle wait a while before attacking?
And the EXP window after the battle is too fast, can this be adjusted?

Sorry, this is GOOGLE Translate
you can use the "pre battle phase" to add some wait time,but that only works correctly on SV battles.
On mapbattles you need the edited Core which has a correct timing , on "Map battle pre action phase"..
(without the "edited core" or the "edited mapbattle plugin" the "Map battle pre action phase" happens to late ,- after the action..before the "post action phase")
=> this fix might be added to the default core in future updates but i cant promise that for sure^^

i dont know sry

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dopan, Could you test out the Terrain states plug-in? Because I don't think it is actually functional, because when I test it in your demos, it doesn't seem to work (no state image appears when a unit of the correct type enters the terrain type, actor or enemy and the units that where supposed to get the mobile on ice buff were slowed by it as if they were any other unit).

Edit: My mistake, For some reason, the stage with terrain states active is "NEW!!Chucks Place Nr0 (Default Map)" as opposed to "NEW! Chucks Place Nr1 a (Terrain-effect)".

Also, two more things- are the numbers associated with SRPG_ActorUnits based on the ID of the actor in question, or the order in which they are placed?
Furthermore, My plan for Terrain states is that they are, for the most part generic and are placed on units regardless of who they are, so I am wondering what the most efficient means you can think of to make it so that a terrain state applies to any unit that enters said terrain unless that unit specifically has something (like another state) that prevents it from acquiring said state.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dopan, Could you test out the Terrain states plug-in? Because I don't think it is actually functional, because when I test it in your demos, it doesn't seem to work (no state image appears when a unit of the correct type enters the terrain type, actor or enemy and the units that where supposed to get the mobile on ice buff were slowed by it as if they were any other unit).

Edit: My mistake, For some reason, the stage with terrain states active is "NEW!!Chucks Place Nr0 (Default Map)" as opposed to "NEW! Chucks Place Nr1 a (Terrain-effect)".

Also, two more things- are the numbers associated with SRPG_ActorUnits based on the ID of the actor in question, or the order in which they are placed?
Furthermore, My plan for Terrain states is that they are, for the most part generic and are placed on units regardless of who they are, so I am wondering what the most efficient means you can think of to make it so that a terrain state applies to any unit that enters said terrain unless that unit specifically has something (like another state) that prevents it from acquiring said state.
about the map stuff:
it could be that i made something wrong with a setup and a map id in later edits.. idk but this can be edited in the common events that controll the terrainstates anyway..

about SRPG_ActorUnits/ SRPG_EnemyUnits
- these plugins are made in order to allways get the right event id no matter what..
=> because event ID is often used and that way "Placeholder events" are not required to know the event id.. with these Plugins it doesnt matter because the plugins will allways get the eventIDs anyway
- actors get their Variable that stores the id by actor id
( they cant get cloned anyway)
-enemys get their Variable that stores the event ID by an extra enemy Eventnote tag (Unit:x).. because enemy ID is not usefull in that case.. (enemys can be cloned)

about the plugin SRPG_TerrainStates:
i can probably use some code from SRPG_UnitGroups and edit the SRPG_TerrainStates to add options that allows terrain to affect groups of units the same way (even teams should be no problem..)
=> the reason why SRPG_Terrainstates works that way at the moment, is that i wanted to make sure it can be used individually

=> i am pretty busy with making 4directional weapon using Chars at the moment.. but i plan to rework a few of my plugins anyway..
(because as i learn more about JS, i see better ways to use the plugins or to add more options ect)

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
about the map stuff:
it could be that i made something wrong with a setup and a map id in later edits.. idk but this can be edited in the common events that controll the terrainstates anyway..

about SRPG_ActorUnits/ SRPG_EnemyUnits
- these plugins are made in order to allways get the right event id no matter what..
=> because event ID is often used and that way "Placeholder events" are not required to know the event id.. with these Plugins it doesnt matter because the plugins will allways get the eventIDs anyway
- actors get their Varible that stores the id by actor id
( they cant get cloned anyway)
-enemys get their Variable that stores the event ID by an extra enemy note tag (Unit:x).. because enemy ID is not usefull in that case.. (enemys can be cloned)

about the plugin SRPG_TerrainStates:
i can probably use some code from SRPG UnitGroups and edit the SRPG_TerrainStates to add options that allows terrain to affect groups of units (even teams should be no problem..)
=> the reason why SRPG_Terrainstates works that way at the moment, is that i wanted to make sure it can be used individually

=> i am pretty busy with making 4directional weapon using Chars at the moment.. but i plan to rework a few of my plugins anyway..
(because as i learn more about JS, i see better ways to use the plugins or to add more options ect)
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

So it might be best for me to wait on TerrainStates until it is updated, okay. (I was not looking foreword to having to make a loop involving having a variable copy data from up to 200 others one at a time before having that data go through the various terrain states and then optimizing it so that it doesn't cause lag.)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455