SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, thanks for clarifying.

So it might be best for me to wait on TerrainStates until it is updated, okay. (I was not looking foreword to having to make a loop involving having a variable copy data from up to 200 others one at a time before having that data go through the various terrain states and then optimizing it so that it doesn't cause lag.)
yes i will putTerrainStates and your request on top of my edit list, also thx for mentioning it..

Diz89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!

A few weeks ago, I posted some questions here, which were solved, so why not give it another go?

The question is simple: how would you go about making a taunt skill, so enemies will target this actor? Something with the AI Control plugin maybe? Some state? I'm really not sure, how SRPG Engine could work with this kinda skill.

Thx for any replies/answers! :3

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Tutorial Demos" are Offline:
I am sry but i had to take down the Links..

Yanfly did specify the terms in order to make clear that Yanfly plugins are not supposed to be in a "game template"..
I did not try to get any money out of this , it was for tutorial purpose only, and even if i never used paywalled Plugins in the tutorial demos, i had to take the links down. sorry everybody

Good thing is i dont have to rework the demos anymore.. i only need to rework my plugins which i wanted to edit/upgrade.
But i am sorry that these demos cant be used for tutorial purposes anymore

@Diz89
yes you can probably do that with the " AI Control plugin "..
(sry i cant give you a detailled explanation on this, perhaps somebody else might be able to solve it..)

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In SRPGcore, how to change textSRPGTurnEnd so that it shows the current number of the turn.
Something like that Turn \v[3] End instead of just Turn End?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In SRPGcore, how to change textSRPGTurnEnd so that it shows the current number of the turn.
Something like that Turn \v[3] End instead of just Turn End?

The turn start / end text is all controlled by the events on the map using Show Text commands- just find the one that runs on turnEnd and edit what the text it shows is.

This is also how you change your win/lose conditions- the post-action events check to see if one team has been eliminated, show some text, give you some extra money if you won, and then call the plugin command to end the battle.

If you think about it, this means there's no reason to just have "win" and "lose" outcomes- you can have as many ways to end the battle as you want, with as many different outcomes as you can figure out how to event. For example, a unitEvent on the map that makes your units disappear, and ends the battle in "retreat" if you move your last unit there, or a scoring system based on turns taken / units lost before you destroyed the enemy base.

Diz89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@@Diz89
yes you can probably do that with the " AI Control plugin "..

Yes. Maybe @Doktor_Q who wrote the plugin, has some more pointers for me :3

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The turn start / end text is all controlled by the events on the map using Show Text commands- just find the one that runs on turnEnd and edit what the text it shows is.

I'm not very knowledgeable so I have no idea where it could be.
I also don't know how to include the value of a variable in the middle of a string of characters... I remember it's possible, but what's the code?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Diz89
you can use the srpg core scriptcalls..
Screenshot_2.png
These Eventnotes/ "modes"+"target id" can be changed with:
Screenshot_1.png
to do that for a group or team of Units you can use the test code from SRPG UnitGroups:
(there is no default scriptcall for this yet, but i can add one in future edits of SRPG UnitGroups)
Screenshot_3.png
the test code is focused on all Units but that can be changed easy by only using "actors" and/or "enemy" & "teams" in the if condition
Screenshot_10.png
(i cant say how to do it properly with SRPG AI Control sry)
Also my solution i showed here needs a bit of puzzle together the scriptcalls which i showed here, if thats to complicated to solve,than you have to wait for the future edit of SRPG_UnitGroups

--------

@CarpenterScr
I am not sure if i understand your request properly,..

In ryans demo the turn which is active is allways shown..:
Screenshot_4.png
this is controlled here "actorphase":
(one of the 6 battleMap making Events)

Screenshot_5.png
if you want to add any text at turn end you can do that in this event "End of turn":
(one of the 6 battleMap making Events)

Screenshot_6.png
the 6 main battlemap making events.. that controll most of battlemap are these:
Screenshot_7.png

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added all 3 plugin commands but it doesn't work. Maybe I don't have the right plugin, which one is it (the one that uses the D_TEXT command)?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added all 3 plugin commands but it doesn't work. Maybe I don't have the right plugin, which one is it?
the Images i showed are from RyanBrams , newest demo
I am not so familiar with this demo yet myself because i was focused on my tutorial demos, which cant be used anymore..
i think he used this plugin:
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the Images i showed are from RyanBrams , newest demo
I am not so familiar with this demo yet myself because i was focused on my tutorial demos, which cant be used anymore..
i think he used this plugin:
View attachment 174760

I tried it and it worked but now I'm getting a glitch.

glitch.png

I'm using the following commands to make it appear:

glitch2.png

At first it worked perfectly but then I noticed the window would remain even after the battle is over.
So I tried to add the basic event command Delete Picture #1 to make it disappear, and it worked.
But now when I enter the next battle, it shows like this instead of fully. Any clues?

Diz89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thx @Dopan for the help! I'll make sure to experiment with your idea a bit and try to make something.

Anyone any idea how to include Yanfly Battle AI Core with the newest Demo version? I tried to just add the neccessary plugins (Battle Engine and AI Core) to the demo (above the SRPG Plugins) for testing purposes, than add the following notetag to the Slime enemy:

<AI Level: 100>

<AI Priority>
Always: Skill 2
</AI Priority>

where Skill 2 is just the Guard Skill. But still the enemy comes at me and attacks, so yeah...not sure, how to go with this. (what the plugin should do: ALWAYS use Skill 2 and nothing else for the rest of the enemies life :3)

What I want with this plugin:

A healer enemy with a few tasks. With Yanfly this might look something like this;

<AI Priority>
User HP% Param <= 50%: Skill 33, User
HP% Param <= 60%: Skill 8, Lowest HP%
ATK Param <= user.def +++ DEF Param < user.atk: Skill 1, Lowest HP%
Always: Skill 34
</AI Priority>

What this does:
- if the User HP% Param of the Skill user (the healer) is <= 50%, he should use a healing skill with scope to himself.
- if the %HP Param of the target (this time a healing skill with scope to one ally) is <= 60% he should focusing on healing the ally (with Skill 8)
- if the atk stat of the target is <= user.def AND (+++) the def stat of the target is below user.atk, than the Healer should attack the enemy with the lowest HP%
- else it should always use Skill 34 (my personal Guard Skill)

This might also be possible with the awesome AI Control Plugin from @Doktor_Q , but I'm not that sure, how exactly I might accomplish this (also using aiMove for better control and so on)...so...sorry for asking :3

EDIT: I tested a bit more. I made a normal event, which triggers a normal battle with 2 Slimes. and the 2 Slimes have the ALWAYS AI Priority from above. And it works. I tried to disable OnMapBattle (But I want to have it on ON instead of the battle-background-thing) to see any differences and it didn't work.

Last edited:

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm getting an error whenever I start SRPG battle. It has something to do with battler images and I noticed it only happens when I have an event set for an enemy unit. Here is a screenshot of the console:
ErrorConsole.png

I want to say an sprite or face image for the enemy unit is loading, but I can't figure it out.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
about YEP Core Engine:
the SRPG Core Param needs the Setup YEP Core "true"
(if using Yep Core engine)
Screenshot_1.png

Sadly i dont support bug testing on Yep Plugins anymore at the moment, ..

Perhaps i will build a demo in future to do this..
in that case this demo wont have YEP plugins by default and they must be installed manually.. i only can add an Image of the Pluginmanager to show what Yep plugins should be installed..

-----------
-----------

@Chazareth
The first thing that shows up in your error message has something to do with Yep Core Engine

@CarpenterScr
sorry i didnt used the Dtext plugin yet, so i cant help you with that, perhaps RyanBram can..

@Diz89 & @Chazareth
make sure you have:
SRPG Core Param Setup -> YEP Core "true"
if that doesnt help than I dont know sry..

-------

@ All

I edited/updated my Plugin SRPG_TerrainStates, it doesnt use PluginVariables in Param anymore, now it only needs Scriptcalls.. and it supports usage on "All Units" and on "Team Units"
(team can be any group)
-> next i will try to update SRPG_UnitGroups
My Github is Updated

Last edited:

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@@Chazareth
The first thing that shows up in your error message has something to do with Yep Core Engine

I have all YEP plugins turned off. I get the same error but it seems to be coming from rpg_manager and rpg_objects. This also occurs in a blank project with no other plugins. It only happens when you use event notetags to create an enemy on the map: starting a battle will throw the error.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have all YEP plugins turned off. I get the same error but it seems to be coming from rpg_manager and rpg_objects. This also occurs in a blank project with no other plugins. It only happens when you use event notetags to create an enemy on the map: starting a battle will throw the error.
your project seem to have problem with the filename when trying to load the IMG data
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_4.png

could you show a screenshot of your enemy event and its eventNote tag that makes it an enemy Unit, to see if there is something wrong

at the moment i got no idea why this happens

Also which demo version are you using when getting the error?
Can you try to compare your project with RyanBrams newest demo Version to see if there is any wrong Setup in your project?

If you cant figure out the problem you can sent me your project via private message and i will look into it but i cant promise that i can solve it..

Last edited:

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
could you show a screenshot of your enemy event and its eventNote tag that makes it an enemy Unit, to see if there is something wrong

at the moment i got no idea why this happens

Also which demo version are you using when getting the error?
Can you try to compare your project with RyanBrams newest demo Version to see if there is any wrong Setup in your project?

Here's the event I'm using, this is in a new project with no other plugins
EventSRPG.png

It's just using the type:enemy notetag to define it as an enemy, and ID:1 to make enemy 1 in the database. I've tried using other notetags to set the character image and face, but nothing seems to work.

I'm also using the latest demo version, 1.32Q, updated on 11/15/20.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's the event I'm using, this is in a new project with no other plugins
View attachment 175058

It's just using the type:enemy notetag to define it as an enemy, and ID:1 to make enemy 1 in the database. I've tried using other notetags to set the character image and face, but nothing seems to work.

I'm also using the latest demo version, 1.32Q, updated on 11/15/20.
In your new project ,did you insert all the needed data to the enemy Setup to tell the project what IMGs should be loaded?
Screenshot_5.png
the enemy note shown here tells the project what Face/Char IMGs ect should be loaded for the enemy, perhaps something is missing here?

(that img is from my older tutorial demo, but it should be similar in ryans demo)

Chazareth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your new project ,did you insert all the needed data to the enemy Setup to tell the project what IMGs should be loaded?

It looks like that was indeed the problem. That's strange, though, because in the past I didn't need to insert these notetags in the enemy note box. It only started happening after I updated the plugin to a newer version. Still, it's working now, so thanks much!

Diz89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
make sure you have:
SRPG Core Param Setup -> YEP Core "true"
if that doesnt help than I dont know sry..
I made sure, to include this.

I also played with the "Dynamic Actions" in the Battle Ai Core plugin paramters a bit (true and false).

@Doktor_Q wrote at November 2nd last year, that there is no real skill selcetion in his plugin included except that the enemy "will ignore any skills without a valid target. i.e. a non-zero non-negative target score". What das the last part mean? If my enemy skill hast the following formula:

<aiTarget: (b.isStateAffected(3) || b.isStateAffected(4)) ? 10 : 0>
What will happen, if the target score becomes 0 (because there is nobody affected by the states)? And the next skill (a heal skill) has something like

<aiTarget: (b.hpRate() <= 0.5) ? 40 : 0>

If the first skill has a target score of 0, but the next the 40, will the enemy pick the 2nd one?
(or is there any other way to make something like the priority list in my last post to pick the right skills at the right time?)

Edit: and what about some Syntax like this for the target formula:
<aiTarget: (b.atk <= a.def) ? ((b.def < a.atk) ? 20 : 0) : 0>

so...if the target has smaller atk than the user AND the target has smaller def than the user then the skill has a TGR-multiplier greater then 0.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 9th April 2021. :kaoswt:
When your late night plans are ruined by a sudden rush of extreme chills induced by the COVID vaccine you got earlier in the day, stuck freezing in bed even though it's 70 degrees inside... Yeah, that sucked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivoireiorana