SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_RangeDmg only changes the DMG related to the distances.. but not the "accuracy"..

i asume "accuracy" can be changed with EX Param or SP Param while using States.. i dont know..

And SRPG_RangeDmg is not so complicated like it looks.. it needs extra states and plugin param setups and editing the DMGFormula..its all explained in the Plugin help info.
(sry that i cant use the demos to explain it better... at the moment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    85 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_RangeDmg only changes the DMG related to the distances.. but not the "accuracy"..

i asume "accuracy" can be changed with EX Param or SP Param while using States.. i dont know..

And SRPG_RangeDmg is not so complicated like it looks.. it needs extra states and plugin param setups and editing the DMGFormula..its all explained in the Plugin help info.
(sry that i cant use the demos to explain it better... at the moment)
in this case what I would want to do is change the hit rate depending on the distance, like if you can shoot 7 tiles ahead but 5 tiles maximum if you want to have the max hit rate, after that, the hit rate would decrease.
I am guessing that's possible with your plugin plus formulas

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in this case what I would want to do is change the hit rate depending on the distance, like if you can shoot 7 tiles ahead but 5 tiles maximum if you want to have the max hit rate, after that, the hit rate would decrease.
I am guessing that's possible with your plugin plus formulas
if you use the Plugin than you will use states for every distance.

These States can change the Param in the state settings..
However Hitrate isnt really working that way.. there is a YEP Plugin that explains it and allows such changes..

(so you will probably need to use both Plugins .. "my SRPG_RangeDmg and its states" & "YEPS Hit_Accuracy" )

i didnt tried that yet so i cant give you a step by step advice

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you use the Plugin than you will use states for every distance.

These States can change the Param in the state settings..
However Hitrate isnt really working that way.. there is a YEP Plugin that explains it and allows such changes..

(so you will probably need to use both Plugins .. "my SRPG_RangeDmg and its states" & "YEPS Hit_Accuracy" )

i didnt tried that yet so i cant give you a step by step advice
hm, any reason normal hit rate is not working or even you can't figure it out?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    16 KB · Views: 2

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
right, let me know when you tried it.
I might try it too but in the meanwhile I want to get other stuff done
sry if i didnt explained correctly..

my plugin only uses the states to affect "HITrate", but if you want to also change the "accurracy" than you need "yeps plugin" aswell .. i didnt plan to use Yeps Plugin myself because for me its fine to only affect the Hitrate with states.
(i just mentioned yeps plugin to show that it could be used in addition in order to affect the Accuracy, also in yeps plugin is explained why that could be helpfull in some cases..)

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sry if i didnt explained correctly..

my plugin only uses the states to affect "HITrate", but if you want to also change the "accurracy" than you need "yeps plugin" aswell .. i didnt plan to use Yeps Plugin myself because for me its fine to only affect the Hitrate with states.
(i just mentioned yeps plugin to show that it could be used in addition in order to affect the Accuracy, also in yeps plugin is explained why that could be helpfull in some cases..)
so let me get this straight, the way the rangedmg works is that every "percentage" affects both damage and hit rate and not only that but also every "percentage" resembles a maximum of when shots stop being consistently accurate, is that right?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so let me get this straight, the way the rangedmg works is that every "percentage" affects both damage and hit rate and not only that but also every "percentage" resembles a maximum of when shots stop being consistently accurate, is that right?
in the Plugin SRPG_RangeDMG, "%" is allways related to DMG. And the plugin allows you to set States to each "%DMG_Setup" ..
Its the State that changes the Hitrate.
You decide the param of the State which changes the Hitrate.

------
EDIT:
Hopefully this helps to understand "Hitrate", I cant explain it very well myself...

------

Basicly the Plugin SRPG_RangeDMG, adds and removes States depending on the Distance betwen the Units.
(the States are suppossed to affect the Hitrate but you can add any stuff you want to these States..)
And its Changing the "DMG%" depending on the Distance betwen the Units.
(Distance betwen Acting_Unit and Target_Unit)

EDIT2:
In other words if the States you insert in the Plugin parameter are doing nothing, than the plugin will only affect the "DMG%" depending on the Distance betwen actingUNIT and targetUNIT
(The states are there to add other "changes" if needed/wanted)

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the Plugin SRPG_RangeDMG, "%" is allways related to DMG. And the plugin allows you to set States to each "%DMG_Setup" ..
Its the State that changes the Hitrate.
You decide the param of the State which changes the Hitrate.

------
EDIT:
Hopefully this helps to understand "Hitrate", I cant explain it very well myself...

------

Basicly the Plugin SRPG_RangeDMG, adds and removes States depending on the Distance betwen the Units.
(the States are suppossed to affect the Hitrate but you can add any stuff you want to these States..)
And its Changing the "DMG%" depending on the Distance betwen the Units.
(Distance betwen Acting_Unit and Target_Unit)

EDIT2:
In other words if the States you insert in the Plugin parameter are doing nothing, than the plugin will only affect the "DMG%" depending on the Distance betwen actingUNIT and targetUNIT
(The states are there to add other "changes" if needed/wanted)
Yeah, this is probably not what I am searching for.
Any plans to do a plugin similar to what I said(Hitrate being affected by a "maximum" distance)?
because so far I only see specific damages only used on specific distances unless I am understanding wrong. I would like to put my own maximum distance instead inside the formula.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, this is probably not what I am searching for.
Any plans to do a plugin similar to what I said(Hitrate being affected by a "maximum" distance)?
because so far I only see specific damages only used on specific distances unless I am understanding wrong. I would like to put my own maximum distance instead inside the formula.
i dont get what you mean, distance is part of the skillnote..
no matter what setup you make into the plugin param, every UNIT will only use as much distance as the Skillnotes allows it
(and the hitrate can only be affected by the state that is used on that distance)

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont get what you mean, distance is part of the skillnote..
no matter what setup you make into the plugin param, every UNIt will only use as much distance as the Skillnotes allows it
(and the hitrate can only be affected by the state that is used on that distance)

(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (v[97] * 0.1)
this is the formula right? I would imagine in the v[] I would put the number of variable where of the maximum distance I want, I am right? or it is an specific distance?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2) * (v[97] * 0.1)
this is the formula right? I would imagine in the v[] I would put the number of variable where of the maximum distance I want, I am right? or it is an specific distance?
The Variable is only for the Plugin so that the Plugin can change the DMG..
(the Plugin will change the Value of that Variable depending on the Distance betwen the acting and target unit..)
-> that variable is needed to be able to change the dmg, the plugin does that from alone..

each DMG% has 2 options to add a Distance..

for example 70%DMG:
on the img attached "Screenshot_2"..
70%DMG happens at Distance 1 and at Distance 10
(what is similar with " to close" and "to far away")
so Distances 1 and 10 will have DMG 70% in addition a state can be added for this Setup

You can also add 1 Cutom %DMG if the pre_installed %DMGs Setups dont have the number which you want..see "Screenshot_3"
(but its only 1 custom DMG availleble without extra plugin edits)

edit
(and i am not planing to build any new plugin soon, .. i will mostly try to rework/edit a few of my older Plugins and work on my project and Char_sprites)

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, either @boomy or @Dopan, could either of you create an expanded version of SRPG_DirectionMod? What I am asking for is the ability to create custom direction rules for stuff like weapons and skills.
I might look into this when I have time (which won't be for some time). When you mean "custom direction rules" what are you looking for? Give me an example or 2
it's possible for me to add ranged penalty?
Like, at X distance tile you can still shoot but your shots will not be as accurate as you would shoot closer.
SRPG%20Custom%20Hit%20Formula.gif

Is this what you want? If so you need a custom script I made for you
The notetag I used for the skill is:
<customHit: if($gameSystem.isSRPGMode()) { 2 + Math.min(-1, -0.25 - 0.25 * (Math.abs(user.event().posX() - target.event().posX()) + Math.abs(user.event().posY() - target.event().posY()))) } else { Yanfly.Param.HAHitFormula }>
<customEva: 0>
This example has hit accuracy set to 100% if target is within 4 spaces of the user, and for every 1 space further away accuracy drops by 25%

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might look into this when I have time (which won't be for some time). When you mean "custom direction rules" what are you looking for? Give me an example or 2

SRPG%20Custom%20Hit%20Formula.gif

Is this what you want? If so you need a custom script I made for you
The notetag I used for the skill is:
<customHit: if($gameSystem.isSRPGMode()) { 2 + Math.min(-1, -0.25 - 0.25 * (Math.abs(user.event().posX() - target.event().posX()) + Math.abs(user.event().posY() - target.event().posY()))) } else { Yanfly.Param.HAHitFormula }>
<customEva: 0>
This example has hit accuracy set to 100% if target is within 4 spaces of the user, and for every 1 space further away accuracy drops by 25%
yes yes, that sounds more in line what I want!
Many thanks dude!
It would be helpful to have the "maximum" on different color than the available range, so you know where the limit is at, if that's possible.

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, @Doktor_Q
I really like your range plugin and the new function of terrain cost. It makes my game so much better. I just have one question, when the terrain cost is bigger than the actor's move point, the actor can still move to the terrain as long as the move point is not 0. Is it a bug or is it designed like this? As you can see in my screen shot, my actor have a move range of 4, the cracks cost 2 move points, however, my actor can still step on the crack at the top of the map, which should use 5 move points. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks!
1612142648233.png

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, @Doktor_Q
I really like your range plugin and the new function of terrain cost. It makes my game so much better. I just have one question, when the terrain cost is bigger than the actor's move point, the actor can still move to the terrain as long as the move point is not 0. Is it a bug or is it designed like this? As you can see in my screen shot, my actor have a move range of 4, the cracks cost 2 move points, however, my actor can still step on the crack at the top of the map, which should use 5 move points. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks!
View attachment 177812
i think thats because the Crack is the last tile where the Unit moves,the Unit doesnt have to move forward from there in that turn..
While the other crack(closer) is one where the Unit has to move over..
(just a theorie)

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i think thats because the Crack is the last tile where the Unit moves,the Unit doesnt have to move forward from there in that turn..
While the other crack(closer) is one where the Unit has to move over..
(just a theorie)
Thanks for the clarification. If there's any simple way to change this that would be great! If actors can't step on the last tile with not enough move points, I will be able to add many strategies in my game!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.
I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldj