SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might a bit greedy but I need some help if could.
can we do tag/team attack in with some members in nearby tiles?
I want to experiment and which one of the functions and parameters should I take notes for?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might a bit greedy but I need some help if could.
can we do tag/team attack in with some members in nearby tiles?
you can use "Mapforce action" plugin, but that only works on mapbattles..
also i am planing to rework that plugin..

But however you can use the "mapforce double action" scriptcall for combo attacks and make that skill only availleble if the distance betwen the teaming units is 0 or 1 for example..
the problem is, by default it will also consume the turn of the helper unit and the in_demo eventing solution that *checked if the helper unit has ended its turn and undo the turn end if not*,.. is in the old demos..which are not availleble anymore.
Screenshot_1.png

JavaScript:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(event_id)[1]._srpgTurnEnd = true;
// this will end an units turn

$gameSystem.EventToUnit(event_id)[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;
// this undo turn end

// can be used in if condition to check units turn end or not:
// in such case use "==" to check if false or true

Screenshot_3.png

Sry that i cant explain it better and give proper advise without the tutorial demos..
( and i am still far away from building a new tutorial demo )

Last edited:

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just have one more question. The on-map battle mode will not display the skills you are casting.
It will be hard to understand what the enemies are doing, especially when my enemies have a lot of buff skills. If the on-map battle can display skills used that would be great.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just have one more question. The on-map battle mode will not display the skills you are casting.
It will be hard to understand what the enemies are doing, especially when my enemies have a lot of buff skills. If the on-map battle can display skills used that would be great.
thats why i recommend to use my edited Version of the New Core (or old core and my edited version of the mapbattle Plugin)

it gives us a corretly working pre action phase and allows us to use the "map action text Function",.. i explained this a few times already in this thread..

Its basicly a Common event which is put in the pre action phase, to check the active skill and display its name
(therefor the correctly working pre action phase is required,..)
-> the default "mapbattle pre_action phase" happens to late after the action, and before the post action phase.. thats because of a little issue in the default mapbattle plugin

the "edited core" or "edited mapbattle plugin" can be found on my github, but it needs another common event for the correctly working pre action phase..
(that common event will be used to call that pre action phase outside of the plugin, to have a seperated "code action chain", that is needed to happen at the right timing)

=> thats also a thing that i dont wanna explain over and over again, and that is hard to give a step by step advise, without the tutorial demo

==> the Common Event has to be inserted in the plugin param of my edited plugin, it should be explained in the help text..

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png
Screenshot_.png
Screenshot_5.png

Last edited:

Rield

Just a fuzzy guy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello new user here! I had a question on both dead and reviving characters on the maps? I saw an older demo had those functions before where a character dies their death sprite shows on the map, and also being able to revive that dead unit, but it doesn't look like the updated demo on the front page has those features anymore? If there's a tutorial somewhere on how to implement both again I'd love to see it, thanks^^

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello new user here! I had a question on both dead and reviving characters on the maps? I saw an older demo had those functions before where a character dies their death sprite shows on the map, and also being able to revive that dead unit, but it doesn't look like the updated demo on the front page has those features anymore? If there's a tutorial somewhere on how to implement both again I'd love to see it, thanks^^
i guess you are talking about the tutorial demos, where i implenented common events that show death unit sprites on map instead of deleting the eventsprite..
(actually that was spawned deadUNITsprites while the real unit sprite was erased till reviving, and after reviving the spawned deadUNITsprite get deleted/unspawned)
However like i mentioned in the last 2 postings , i cant provide the tutorial demos anymore..
(because of the usage of yeps plugins and yeps revised/adjusted terms which dont allow the usage of yep plugins in "gametemplates"..
..Because yep considers this as plugin restribution, what i didnt understand because i thought every project stores every plugin anyway,and i was only using free plugins..
.. but however i respect the decision of other plugin autors ,thats why i had to remove all download links of the tutorial demos.
And i am sorry that this makes it more difficult for new users)

Reviving is a scriptcall from the srpg core and the info can be found in the plugin helpINFO..
Screenshot_1.png
But the whole Spawning and Unspawing deadUNITsprites was part of those tutorial demos and its for me to complicated to explain my eventing solution without providing that tutorial demo..sry
(also i cant say when or if i will provide new tutorial demos because thats a lot of work..)

-> i used "galvs eventspawner" plugin and variables that store position and event id of all units, ..

Last edited:

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can use "Mapforce action" plugin, but that only works on mapbattles..
also i am planing to rework that plugin..

But however you can use the "mapforce double action" scriptcall for combo attacks and make that skill only availleble if the distance betwen the teaming units is 0 or 1 for example..
the problem is, by default it will also consume the turn of the helper unit and the in_demo eventing solution that *checked if the helper unit has ended its turn and undo the turn end if not*,.. is in the old demos..which are not availleble anymore.
View attachment 178148

JavaScript:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(event_id)[1]._srpgTurnEnd = true;
// this will end an units turn

$gameSystem.EventToUnit(event_id)[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;
// this undo turn end

// can be used in if condition to check units turn end or not:
// in such case use "==" to check if false or true

View attachment 178149

Sry that i cant explain it better and give proper advise without the tutorial demos..
( and i am still far away from building a new tutorial demo )
That is great news as it opens possibilities for what I wanted to make.
As what I want is to use all similar battler in one battle scene it sure is hard and I can wait for further updates for it.
Though it would help if I can get some hands-on tutorials when you have time.

Thank you so much for these great updates.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is great news as it opens possibilities for what I wanted to make.
As what I want is to use all similar battler in one battle scene it sure is hard and I can wait for further updates for it.
Though it would help if I can get some hands-on tutorials when you have time.

Thank you so much for these great updates.
no battle scene, mapForceAction works only n "mapbattle-mode", i got no idea how to use several units in the same "sv battlescene"

siluman

Siluman Soft
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no battle scene, mapForceAction works only n "mapbattle-mode", i got no idea how to use several units in the same "sv battlescene"
There's the possibility and maybe using several animation phases will help XD
Just me being roundabout maybe.
Like as long as MP/TP and turn of surroundings involved party is consumed it will works I think

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's the possibility and maybe using several animation phases will help XD
Just me being roundabout maybe.
Like as long as MP/TP and turn of surroundings involved party is consumed it will works I think
with the solution i mentioned it will be the one Unit make its turn and then right after that the other unit will add another action against the same enemy,both happen in mapbattle mode..

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thats why i recommend to use my edited Version of the New Core (or old core and my edited version of the mapbattle Plugin)

it gives us a corretly working pre action phase and allows us to use the "map action text Function",.. i explained this a few times already in this thread..

Its basicly a Common event which is put in the pre action phase, to check the active skill and display its name
(therefor the correctly working pre action phase is required,..)
-> the default "mapbattle pre_action phase" happens to late after the action, and before the post action phase.. thats because of a little issue in the default mapbattle plugin

the "edited core" or "edited mapbattle plugin" can be found on my github, but it needs another common event for the correctly working pre action phase..
(that common event will be used to call that pre action phase outside of the plugin, to have a seperated "code action chain", that is needed to happen at the right timing)

=> thats also a thing that i dont wanna explain over and over again, and that is hard to give a step by step advise, without the tutorial demo

==> the Common Event has to be inserted in the plugin param of my edited plugin, it should be explained in the help text..

Hi,

Thanks, I figured this out. But after using this SRPG_MapBattle.js,the dynamic motion and dynamic animations didn't show up, I'm not sure why this happens.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Thanks, I figured this out. But after using this SRPG_MapBattle.js,the dynamic motion and dynamic animations didn't show up, I'm not sure why this happens.
well i cant say why that happens..
I didnt tested the "da plugins" outside of ryans demo yet, if there is an incompatiblety betwen these plugins that would be very bad..
Did you tried to open the console F8 when this happens? and if so where there any errors?
i will try this myself sooner or later ,and if i get any infos i will let you know..
If we can figure out why this happens i think we can fix this.. atleast i hope so.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well i cant say why that happens..
I didnt tested the "da plugins" outside of ryans demo yet, if there is an incompatiblety betwen these plugins that would be very bad..
Did you tried to open the console F8 when this happens? and if so where there any errors?
i will try this myself sooner or later ,and if i get any infos i will let you know..
If we can figure out why this happens i think we can fix this.. atleast i hope so.
The da doesn't work, instead, default animation appears, there is no error when this happens. The console F8 show nothing.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The da doesn't work, instead, default animation appears, there is no error when this happens. The console F8 show nothing.
the changes i made on the mapbattle plugin should not have any affect on that, i still dont know why that happens and also got no real idea because i also dont know the code from the Da plugins well enough to asume anything..sry

i hope that you might have a mistake in any setup but i will test it anyway, but that will take longer time..

edit
if you use the edited mapbattle plugin instead of the edited core, i asume that you use the old core.. but ryans demo is made with the new core, so perhaps that could be the problem..

difference on old and new core is that some little fixes were made and the new core has the mapbattle plugin included..
so i asume you should try to use the neweset edited core from my github instead of using the edited mapbattle plugin and the old edited core

(my github has several edited core Versions..one for each core version , old and new.. ect)

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to set HP = 10 to unit 20 so I wrote this:

Code:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(20)[1].hp = 10;

But... it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to set HP = 10 to unit 20 so I wrote this:

Code:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(20)[1].hp = 10;

But... it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
use gainHp to change the hp

$gameSystem.EventToUnit(1)[1].gainHp(-10);

Unit with event id 1 will lose 10 hp

$gameSystem.EventToUnit(20)[1].hp
is used to tell you what HP this unit has

Edit
I am not exactly sure but i think, what you tried will only change the HP for one moment than it will be overwritten to the real hp
(with "one moment" i mean "1 frame".. and 60 frames are 1 second^^)

i tried it in Console f8.. look at screenshot
Screenshot_1.png

this looks like there are functions that will make sure to always overwrite the hp back to normal if you try to change the HP that way.. thats probably why the "gainHp(number)" -function exists, it wouldnt be needed if it could work the way you tried it..

Last edited:

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you.
I have another question.

When using a skill targeting multiples enemies, for each new enemy the BGM starts from the beginning. Would it be possible to edit SRPG_Core so that it doesn't happen and gives a better flow to the music and the whole battle sequence?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you.
I have another question.

When using a skill targeting multiples enemies, for each new enemy the BGM starts from the beginning. Would it be possible to edit SRPG_Core so that it doesn't happen and gives a better flow to the music and the whole battle sequence?
i guess you mean SV battle actions & AOEs and i am pretty sure that this has NOTHING to do with the SRPG_Core..
Screenshot_2.png

its the Music that you put on SV battles, i dont know in which default plugin this is handled , so i can only advise to disable the music on SV battles
(SV battles are pretty short in SRPG, you could also take pretty short repeating music)

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to visually make Zones of Control be a different color than usual passable tiles? I feel like it used to be visible, but I could be mistaken. Presently using the version provided by Dr. Q's SRPG_RangeControl.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sissel Cabanela
I am not sure what you mean with "zones of control"
--
--
Edit3 (about Mapbattle Motions Usage)
( deleted the old text )
i had a wrong setup,.. if using a char_frame plugin this has to be placed above the srpg_plugins, .
And the timing betwen dmg popup and animations can be handled with the "<animationDelay:x>" skillnote ..

In order to let the target animation play at the correct timing in relation to the "attack" MapMotion, i used a custom animation where the first frames are empty..

i think its possible to handle this otherways with using the DA plugins, but i didnt figured it out

I cuted the Frame usage down to 3 frames, on all MapMotions to avoid conflicts when using different amount of frames on different MapMotions ..
(in this example the orc hasnt the correct Imgs used yet, only the Crusader has the correct Setup)

edit 4
The video shows that the "attack" motion of the counter is missing, thats because i also used "damage"&"evade" -motions, and their timing conflict with the counter ("attack")-motion..
it took me a while to figure that out.. and because of that i wont use "damage"&"evade" -MapMotions in my own Project..

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziipan