SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They are the 'ZoC' referenced in SRPG_RangeControl and SRPG_Zoc. It makes it so that tiles adjacent to the unit cannot be freely passed by enemy units.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are the 'ZoC' referenced in SRPG_RangeControl and SRPG_Zoc. It makes it so that tiles adjacent to the unit cannot be freely passed by enemy units.
Is there a way to visually make Zones of Control be a different color than usual passable tiles?

as far as i know the zoc will only affect the movement range but isnt visible itself..
- if its possible to make the zoc visible , than i dont know how ..sry

Last edited:

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the SRPG_core plugin,the srpgBattleExpRateForActors parameter is really convenient for healers to gain exp. But this brings me in trouble when I use AOE healing/buffs. It will repeatedly gain Exp for this AOE skill, depends on how many actors are in the AOE range. And this will make my healer level up like crazy, especially when players use this property intentionally...... I hope I can make the exp gain for actors effect only once for AOE, or maybe customize the rate for each skill. but I know nothing about coding...... Please help.

Another question, for the AI control plugin, I know it's now in progress but I just hope AI can have a better skill selection method. Currently, I think they will just randomly pick one skill and move toward the target. Sometimes they will guard even if an enemy is in front of them. Also, when they have a skill
with the tag <notUseAfterMove>, they will never use it. I think it's because they will always move first and then try to use the skill, which makes it invalid. If the AI can be improved that would be great.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to visually make Zones of Control be a different color than usual passable tiles? I feel like it used to be visible, but I could be mistaken. Presently using the version provided by Dr. Q's SRPG_RangeControl.

Unfortunately, there isn't an existing way to show it- either with mine, or with the other standalone version. Trying to make a ZoC indicator has been on my todo list, but real life has meant I haven't had much chance to work on it over the past year. If anyone else feels like taking a crack at it they can go ahead, but it has the potential to get really processor intensive and/or convoluted to code, based on my early attempts.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the SRPG_core plugin,the srpgBattleExpRateForActors parameter (..)

Another question, for the AI control plugin,(..)
Infact AOEs are several actions put together ,thats why the animations and dmg output on mapbattle usage is shown ,one after the other and not all at the same time..
This and some other reasons, to avoid grinding with non offensive skills.. is why i only give EXP on killing Units

(this can be setup in the srpg core param + enemy setup)Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

about the AI plugin:
its one of the Plugins which i cant edit because of to low coding skills,and i am pretty busy with reworking my project, building custom char sprites for mapbattle(motion) usage, and reworking some of my own plugins..
So i cant learn more about other SRPG_plugins in order to edit them for some time..

I think they will just randomly pick one skill
-> they pick their skill because of the Skill&Movement"Score" which can be adjusted with the AI plugin, and depending on the enemy setup
Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png
you could be right about the "<notUseAfterMove>"-Issue_Info but i have to admit that i dont know if that can be solved with the correct plugin usage or if that needs plugin code edits..

Last edited:

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Infact AOEs are several actions put together ,thats why the animations and dmg output on mapbattle usage is shown ,one after the other and not all at the same time..
This and some other reasons, to avoid grinding with non offensive skills.. is why i only give EXP on killing Units

(this can be setup in the srpg core param + enemy setup)View attachment 179312
View attachment 179315

about the AI plugin:
its one of the Plugins which i cant edit because of to low coding skills,and i am pretty busy with reworking my project, building custom char sprites for mapbattle(motion) usage, and reworking some of my own plugins..
So i cant learn more about other SRPG_plugins in order to edit them for some time..

-> they pick their skill because of the Skill&Movement"Score" which can be adjusted with the AI plugin, and depending on the enemy setup
View attachment 179317

View attachment 179314
you could be right about the "<notUseAfterMove>"-Issue_Info but i have to admit that i dont know if that can be solved with the correct plugin usage or if that needs plugin code edits..
Thanks,
I don't want to give up the exprate for actors as my healers really need it to gain exp. I checked the script call book and solved it myself... Basically, I used the script:
a.addState(n);
in the skill damage formula, to give the actor a state that controls the exp gain rate for one round. Surprisingly, it works......For AOE I can set the exp rate to for example 40%, so it's more balanced. Although seeing gain EXP window multiple times for AOE is still not ideal but anyway......

For the AI skills, I didn't notice that the tags can be used in skill note, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the changes i made on the mapbattle plugin should not have any affect on that, i still dont know why that happens and also got no real idea because i also dont know the code from the Da plugins well enough to asume anything..sry

i hope that you might have a mistake in any setup but i will test it anyway, but that will take longer time..

edit
if you use the edited mapbattle plugin instead of the edited core, i asume that you use the old core.. but ryans demo is made with the new core, so perhaps that could be the problem..

difference on old and new core is that some little fixes were made and the new core has the mapbattle plugin included..
so i asume you should try to use the neweset edited core from my github instead of using the edited mapbattle plugin and the old edited core

(my github has several edited core Versions..one for each core version , old and new.. ect)
I think I figured it out, my plugins are already a mess so the Last time I said the Dynamic animation didn't show up and there was no error wasn't true.
Dynamic animation worked well, it's just I need to make the tags correct.
When I use AOE skills, the show text common event worked once, and then it reported error, saying that property _item undefined. I think it's because when using DA, AOEs will not show animation repeatedly and maybe this made the
$gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1]._actions[0]._item._itemId;
invalid...
I found the "try...catch" code to be useful, if it met error it will just keep going not show the skill text.
So now I'm good, thanks!
1613235771118.png

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to turn an enemy unit into a simple event?

<type: playerEvent>

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to turn an enemy unit into a simple event?

<type: playerEvent>
i think there is no default scriptcall in the srpg core for this,but it should be possible to change the eventNote with Script..
However it could be that this would also need to initialize the event again..i am not sure about that.
(i am not sure what script you would need to change the event note.. and i am also not sure what script it needs to initialize the event again..but i will probably try to add such scriptcalls to my plugin "UnitGroups" as soon i am finished with my custom chars pixel stuff.. and have the time to focus on reworking my plugins..)
=>sidenote: i got a few Plugins on my list that i want to rework later.. but at the moment i am reworking my custom chars for better mapbattle usage and i just finished 5 from 40 Units yet..

I am not sure for what you need to do this but,for example:

On my "Unit Graves" solution i didnt transform Units back into normal events, instead i spawned normal events on the same position,where a dying Unit dissapears by default..
=> perhaps the easier solution would be to delete the enemy Unit Event.. and spawn a new event instead
(or use a placeholder event if you dont use an eventspawner plugin)

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day.
I apologize for possible mistakes - English is not my native language.

When using the SRPG engine, I ran into a problem, perhaps you can tell me what it is related to and how to solve it. The point is as follows: During a battle, sometimes the face of the selected character or enemy is not displayed, and during combat scenes (I do not use battles on the world map), the faces of enemies and heroes sometimes load with a delay of several seconds or do not load at all. I tried it on machines of different power - the situation does not change.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day.
I apologize for possible mistakes - English is not my native language.

When using the SRPG engine, I ran into a problem, perhaps you can tell me what it is related to and how to solve it. The point is as follows: During a battle, sometimes the face of the selected character or enemy is not displayed, and during combat scenes (I do not use battles on the world map), the faces of enemies and heroes sometimes load with a delay of several seconds or do not load at all. I tried it on machines of different power - the situation does not change.
i thought this issue was solved with the last update of the SRPG core (1.32)..
-which core version do you use?

However you can also use galvs preloader plugin to make sure the imgs are loaded correctly..
this was explained in this thread already by someone else.. here#567 (<-link)

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the information, I will understand. And another small question: is there a friendly fire implementation in this system for AoE?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the information, I will understand. And another small question: is there a friendly fire implementation in this system for AoE?
Yes, if you use it together with SRPG_PositionEffects, which adds the <anyTarget> tag. Skills with <anyTarget> affect both players and enemies alike, which will add friendly fire to an AoE skill. SRPG_AIControl also provides the <aiFriendRate: > and <aiOpponentRate: > tags to change how it prioritizes hitting (or avoiding, if the rate is negative) allies and enemies for <anyTarget> skills.

The combination of those three plugins can create AoEs with friendly fire, and also tell the AI to avoid using them when allies are in the way- or conversely, healing AoEs that can heal enemies, which the AI will try to avoid doing.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by default there is no "friendly fire", but you can use the plugin "SRPG_PositionEffects"..
..and one of its skill/item_notes:
Screenshot_1.png

edit
The posting above from DrQ explains it more detailled

Den_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for these great plugins.

currently working on implementing Weapons on Char Sprites while SRPG battle is active.

Do I understand correctly that I need to edit the sprites and add the weapons manually to each of them (so the weapons will be shown on the map)? Or the weapons can be added automatically (like they are added for side-view battles)?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for these great plugins.

Do I understand correctly that I need to edit the sprites and add the weapons manually to each of them (so the weapons will be shown on the map)? Or the weapons can be added automatically (like they are added for side-view battles)?
there are different ways.. i think with some of the DA plugins, you can use the sideview sprites and its weapon usage,
(not tested but i read it in some plugin help infos)..
..but this would only work for Left/Right SV usage..
i want to use weapons on MapBattle in all 4 directions..

Therefor i use this char generator:
(it doesnt make SV battler IMGs, and i resized them a bit bigger)

And i use only 3x4 frame sprites, and i have to rearange everything into Oversize IMGs..
Also i use Custom Weapons and have to put the Weapons on the right Positions..

Last but not least i will have to edit the "mapbattle Plugin" or the "newest core and its mapbattle part".. to make sure that the active Unit Sprite is allways displayed above the target Unit Sprite .. on counters aswell..

( incases where both Units are close and touch each other while weapon usage )
-> video shows that this doesnt work that way by default and a plugin edit is needed

I am pretty sure that i can solve all this but it takes time and the chars i will provide for free will be limited..
(about 40 chars, including the Enemy Units)

Example video + example IMG Orc
The last 2 index parts are the same like default walk and could be left empty.. i just used it as placeholder to show the correct position..
Orc.png

edit
@Den_C & Brother_Fox
bythe way.. nice forumprofile img.. did you made it yourself?

Last edited:

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i thought this issue was solved with the last update of the SRPG core (1.32)..
-which core version do you use?

However you can also use galvs preloader plugin to make sure the imgs are loaded correctly..
this was explained in this thread already by someone else.. here#567 (<-link)

Hello, core version 1.32. And yes, the problem was solved by the plugin not preloading resources. Thanks for the tip.

Den_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answer. You have done a tremendous job with these sprites.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit dopan:
@Den_C &@ Brother_Fox
Thank you for your answer. You have done a tremendous job with these sprites.
thx ,i will share most of them as soon i am finished..
except the crusader ,who is the main char of my own project
(and i want him to stay unique)

edit
perhaps i will provide payd service on making more custom (frankensprited) chars for others, after i shared the main 40 free chars..if thats allowed by the forum rules ect
(this can include full custom heads that look similar to the rpg mv chars, incase someone wants to convert his rpg mv chars into the tall chars from the lpc generator like it did it in the following example img.. in the spoiler at the end)

->i did that mostly because only the lpc generator provides bow animations.. normal weapon usage can be edited on normal rpg mv chars easyly..
Esper_CHIBI_Ifrit, normal rpg mv char example:

Screenshot_3.png
-> but i also want to finish my planed plugin edits before that

example char similar to rpg mv:
(edited into the lpc char)
heads edited on eyes and witdh of the head itself
Screenshot_2.png
EDIT_2
Tutorial Thread Link: (from my signature spoiler)

How to Make Oversize Char Imgs and use Weapons on Map_CharSprites

Last edited:

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit
@Den_C &@ Brother_Fox
Unfortunately, I'm not that good at drawing. Image from the Internet.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepyfrog