SRPG Engine - [Add Votes for RTP] Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

If I provided RTP for this project, what style would you choose? (not guaranteed to be applied)

• RPG Maker MV style

• RPG Maker MV in Tonbi tall sprite style

• SRPG Studio style

• Pioneer Valley Games style

• Other style (please suggest it in comment section of this Thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

CarpenterScr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible using AI_core that a unit attacks an enemy which has a specific state?
Something similar to this:

<aiTarget: 1 + back>

But with a state instead of the back position.

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. In SRPG core, I disabled the useAgiAttackPlus option, however, agility attacks continue to double at times. There might be some plugin conflict or something. In this regard, the question is: is it possible to disable this option by directly editing the SRPG core?

7_d1641239.jpg

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. In SRPG core, I disabled the useAgiAttackPlus option, however, agility attacks continue to double at times. There might be some plugin conflict or something. In this regard, the question is: is it possible to disable this option by directly editing the SRPG core?

View attachment 180619
Yes but that should not be required..
i dislike that function myself out of several reasons,
(incompatible with my plugin Mapforceaction & Incompatible with SRPG_StatbasedCounter)
but however i didnt deleted it from my edited core Versions because i wanted to keep that option availleble for others..

Pls try this SETUP, that should work:
(delete the "3" on your setup)
Screenshot_1.png
If that doesnt solve it pls let me know!

---
@
CarpenterScr
I think yes, its a question of using the right formula ,but i am not good with formulas..
pls try:

JavaScript:
<aiTarget: (b.isStateAffected(State_ID)) ? 1 : 0>
// asks if target is state affected, and result in score 1 or 0

Also pls read this for better infos about formulas:

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes but that should not be required..
i dislike that function myself out of several reasons,
(incompatible with my plugin Mapforceaction & Incompatible with SRPG_StatbasedCounter)
but however i didnt deleted it from my edited core Versions because i wanted to keep that option availleble for others..

Pls try this SETUP, that should work:
(delete the "3" on your setup)

Thanks for the tip. Simply removing 3 did not help, but the problem was resolved by replacing 3 with 0.

And one more small question: I use <srpgCounter: false> to prohibit weapon counterattack, but what if the character is not armed; how to remove the possibility of a counterattack if the character is fighting without a weapon?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the tip. Simply removing 3 did not help, but the problem was resolved by replacing 3 with 0.

And one more small question: I use <srpgCounter: false> to prohibit weapon counterattack, but what if the character is not armed; how to remove the possibility of a counterattack if the character is fighting without a weapon?
not sure if i understand it correctly,
but if you disabled the agi counter, than you can only use counters with the plugin SRPG_StatbasedCounter..
and with that plugin the counter only works if the counterstat enables it..
So you can put a counter ex_param of 0%( or "-" value) to the counterstat if you dont want that unit to use a counter..
(or dont give the unit a counter ex param )

EDIT
-> in other words, make sure that the Unit only has a positive value in counterstat if the weapon is equiped
=> for example by putting the "ex_param counter stat" on the weapon itself..

Last edited:

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not sure if i understand it correctly,
but if you disabled the agi counter, than you can only use counters with the plugin SRPG_StatbasedCounter..
and with that plugin the counter only works if the counterstat enables it..
So you can put a counter ex_param of 0%( or "-" value) to the counterstat if you dont want that unit to use a counter..
(or dont give the unit a counter ex param )

EDIT
-> in other words, make sure that the Unit only has a positive value in counterstat if the weapon is equiped
=> for example by putting the "ex_param counter stat" on the weapon itself..
Yes, the question was not exactly that, but how, without using plugins other than SRPG_core, to disable counterattack in cases when the unit is unarmed.
But the option using the plugin is fine for me, thanks. Perhaps the % chance is even better than disabling the counterattack completely.

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I got a bug when using SRPG_MouseOperation, namely: if you specify Cursor Follow Mouse == true in the settings, then if during the game you select a fighter with the mouse and move the mouse cursor outside the map, the game crashes.
7_d1641239.jpg

7_d1641239 - копия.jpg
Is it possible to fix this somehow? I only need this option to draw beautifully the path of units movement.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A minor error I discovered: when using <srpgUncounterable> on an enemy who would normally be able to counter attack, the pop up that shows the damage they would be able to do still appears, despite the fact that they aren't able to counter attack.

Also, <srpgUncounterable> does not appear in the tag list of the core, despite being added in.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A minor error I discovered: when using <srpgUncounterable> on an enemy who would normally be able to counter attack, the pop up that shows the damage they would be able to do still appears, despite the fact that they aren't able to counter attack.

Also, <srpgUncounterable> does not appear in the tag list of the core, despite being added in.
in the first place <srpgUncounterable> was part of the plugin :
SRPG_UncounterableAttack.js
Screenshot_1.png
But DrQ added it to the mapbattle plugin
(when using the old core)
And the new Core has added that content answell as the whole mapbattle plugin to the core..
Screenshot_2.png
->its always used in cases where the code ask about its meta as restriction for counterattacks..

However i am not sure , but i guess you dont mean the dmp popUP , you mean the DMGpart of the "battle Preview Window"..?
(i didnt tested it but i guess if thats the case the setup of the battlePreview window would need an edit in the core plugin..)

----
EDIT

@Brother_Fox
Hello. I got a bug when using SRPG_MouseOperation,(..)
sry but i never used that plugin,as well as most of the new plugins from ryans new demo..
(i cant give advice on them sry)

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the first place <srpgUncounterable> was part of the plugin :
SRPG_UncounterableAttack.js
View attachment 180787
But DrQ added it to the mapbattle plugin
(when using the old core)
And the new Core has added that content answell as the whole mapbattle plugin to the core..
View attachment 180788
->its always used in cases where the code ask about its meta as restriction for counterattacks..

However i am not sure , but i guess you dont mean the dmp popUP , you mean the DMGpart of the "battle Preview Window"..?
(i didnt tested it but i guess if thats the case the setup of the battlePreview window would need an edit in the core plugin..)
Yeah, I mean the battle Preview.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I mean the battle Preview.
than the edit to add a restriction for displaying the enemy counter dmg..
should be made somewhere below here:
( img from new core)

Screenshot_1.png

i got no idea where exactly that edit should happen or how,sry thats the only hint i can give at the moment..

Shoukang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @boomy
I just found some small bugs in your pathfinding plugin.
Since the amount of actors may change in my game, I put excessive actor events with tag <type:actor><id:0> on the battle map. In this case, your plugin will report error at line 676. Because the $gameSystem.EventToUnit(i)[1].isStateAffected(1) and $gameSystem.EventToUnit(i)[1].hp is null for the excessive actor events.
I fixed it with try... catch... but I guess it's not a professional way to do it, I'm a beginner at coding. If you can update this plugin that would be great.

Another one is when I use the tag <srpgThroughTag:X>, to allow some fly units to fly through terrains. I think your plugin didn't consider this tag because the fly units will detour with the pathfinding plugin.

Last edited:

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cursor is not following mouse. Only changes position when click on map. this is my plugin setup, am I doing something wrong?

t10000.jpg

justbobted25

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far I haven't seen this issue pop up in this post, but if it has I apologize. I've been trying out the demo and building a project from it, but whenever a battle happens, when the first turn is over for the player and enemy, then any turns after that just loop because it still has everyone flagged with an E like they've ended their turn. So I only get one turn to do something and the rest of the turns just finish instantly. I set up the events for my battles the same way as the ones that come in the demo, so I must be missing something.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far I haven't seen this issue pop up in this post, but if it has I apologize. I've been trying out the demo and building a project from it, but whenever a battle happens, when the first turn is over for the player and enemy, then any turns after that just loop because it still has everyone flagged with an E like they've ended their turn. So I only get one turn to do something and the rest of the turns just finish instantly. I set up the events for my battles the same way as the ones that come in the demo, so I must be missing something.
sounds like the turn end of the units dont get resetted but i got no idea why that happens in your project
-> that should happen wit the end of turn phase,perhaps you didnt used all battlemap making events??
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_6.png
( i didnt saw that bug anywhere myself )

edit
@Dralctig
sry like i mentioned ealier i cant give advice on that plugin because i never used it like most of the new plugins from ryans new demo
(perhaps someone else can help you with that idk)

Last edited:

justbobted25

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sounds like the turn end of the units dont get resetted but i got no idea why that happens in your project
-> that should happen wit the end of turn phase,perhaps you didnt used all battlemap making events??
View attachment 181987
View attachment 181986
( i didnt saw that bug anywhere myself )

edit
@Dralctig
sry like i mentioned ealier i cant give advice on that plugin because i never used it like most of the new plugins from ryans new demo
(perhaps someone else can help you with that idk)
Thanks for replying though. I've used the same events that were used on the Forest map provided in the demo. I turned off any extra plugins I used and still no dice. Most likely I'm missing something very simple and just overlooking it, but each of the required events are in there.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for replying though. I've used the same events that were used on the Forest map provided in the demo. I turned off any extra plugins I used and still no dice. Most likely I'm missing something very simple and just overlooking it, but each of the required events are in there.
JavaScript:
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;
                    }

}

// this will switch all alive Units to "TurnEnd=false"

you can put this script part in the "turn end event" of the "battlemap making events", and it will reset the "turnEnd" of all alive units on battlemap..
But if the Bug/Issue you got makes other problems aswell,, this wont fix it..

It would be better to find out why it doesnt work correctly in your project in the first place

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cursor is not following mouse. Only changes position when click on map. this is my plugin setup, am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 181822

Everything is correct in the settings. The plugin has dependencies on the following plugins:

SRPG_core.js
SRPG_UX_Cursor.js
SRPG_AOE.js
SRPG_ShowPath.js
SRPG_Mouse_Operation.js

In the list of connected plugins, they should be located in this order. Perhaps this is the case.

justbobted25

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JavaScript:
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                    var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                    var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                    if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy') && (!battleunit[1].isDead())) {
                        battleunit[1]._srpgTurnEnd = false;
                    }

}

// this will switch all alive Units to "TurnEnd=false"

you can put this script part in the "turn end event" of the "battlemap making events", and it will reset the "turnEnd" of all alive units on battlemap..
But if the Bug/Issue you got makes other problems aswell,, this wont fix it..

It would be better to find out why it doesnt work correctly in your project in the first place
This makes it work the way it should. I haven't seen any other issues with the battle so far after using this. Thank you so much!

BlueCheezus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using positioneffects i'm having an issue where the enemy survives with zero health when using a.pull(b, 2, "jump"); to pull an enemy to me and do damage. It seems to be keeping the target alive in order to execute the pull animation. Is there a way to cancel the pull if target is at zero HP? What would that look like?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Livestreaming again.
I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AttilaHU1990