I am really happy that finally I can announce the latest release of the SRPG Engine MV.
This release compiles the changes and features added since the release of Demo version v1.18 one year ago.
I hope that these additional features can make SRPG even more interesting to use.
The following are the changes that have been made since the last v1.18 :
1. Battle On Map
Thanks to Dr Q's contribution, finally the On Map battle feature was realized. On Map battles have advantages, where the gameplay will feel faster because you don't need to repeatedly enter the Sideview battle scene.
Thanks to the close cooperation with Takeshi Sunagawa-san, we finally managed to integrate DynamicAnimationMap and DynamicMotionMap into the SRPG battle. DynamicAnimation and DynamicMotion are the work of Takeshi Sunagawa-san that let you perform action sequences on Sideview Battle and Mapview Battle using the same notes. You can find more about DynamicAction in other Forum Topics made by me.
3. Mouse Operation
By adopting the EST_STRATEGY_MOUSE_CAM.js plugin by Estrole, finally the features I planned since one year ago can be realized today. You can control SRPG games without using the keyboard at all. Put the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen to scroll the map and use mouse wheel to select between remaining actors.
4. UI adjustments
In this demo, some of the User Interface components in SRPG Battle are adjusted so that the SRPG Battle looks more unique and fresh to users.
5. Removal of non-free plugins
Some plugins that are not classified as free software (based on the FSF definition) are removed from this Demo. This is to make sure you can use this Demo as a template without worrying about legality issues. Of course you can go back to adding any plugins you like.
6. Other improvements
A number of improvements have also been added to this Demo. Thanks to the contributors and plugin makers who allowed us to add features to this SRPG Demo.
I realized that, many people have contributed to this project, both in the form of code contributions and in the form of support and sharing so that any questions from users can be answered.
We would like to thank the following people who have directly or indirectly helped with this project:
- Takeshi Sunagawa for the DynamicAction plugin
- @estriole for mouse system integration into SRPG
- @Dopan for your support for the community and providing plugin extensions
- @boomy for your support for the community and providing plugin extensions
- Triacontane for a number of plugins that we integrated in this Demo
- @Krimer for permission to integrate his code into the plugins we use
- krmbn0576 for AudioStreaming.js
- @GaryCXJk for CXJ_Exit.js
- @Liquidize for FpsSyncOption.js
- @biud436 for RS_MessageAlign.js and by introducing SRPG to the Korean community
- DarkPlasma for guiding me in making some plugins for SRPG
- @arleq1n for your support and a very inspiring Tactics System
- @Lecode for the Lecode Tactical Battle System where I learned many things
- @Pharonix for your support for the Lecode Tactical Battle System which allows me to learn many things
- @Magnus0808 for giving an idea of how the mouse works on RPG Maker MV
- https://rpgmakerwindowskins.wordpress.com/about/ for the WindowSkin I use for this Demo
- Every community member who have used SRPG Engine MV and provided support and ideas and also helping me for many task
In addition, I plan to add a section about "Game that use SRPG" on the first page of this thread to find out who have used the SRPG so far and help you promote your project.
I hope that you like this release.
Thank you for your support and Happy SRPG Making! (^_^)