dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like that idea too.. that would be turn 1.5, turn 1 is player, turn 2 is enemy. so every time enemy unit action takes place, you set a reaction.. pretty cool like a card game, a reaction phase occurs.

i like that idea.. very similar to how front mission 3 in playstation. there are chain skills.. - no chain skills in SRPG Core.. every normal attack, all equipped skills has a chance to activate and activate consecutively. how do you setup this kind of weapon skills for this plugin?
my experimental plugin "mapforceAction" Plugin,can do chain skills,.. but its not counter related.
And its only for mapActions.
The default "forceAction" script can do that for sv battleactions..
i explained that once somewhere.
-> these would be required for chain skills other than the default aoes or counters,stuff like "double skills" or "team Skills" ect are possible.

about counter phase:
the srpg core has :
JavaScript:
//==================================================================
// ●Game_BattlerBase
//====================================================================
    // 初期処理
    var _SRPG_Game_BattlerBase_initMembers = Game_BattlerBase.prototype.initMembers;
    Game_BattlerBase.prototype.initMembers = function() {
        _SRPG_Game_BattlerBase_initMembers.call(this);
        this._srpgTurnEnd = false;
        this._srpgActionTiming = -1; // 0:攻撃側、1:防御側
    };
this._srpgActionTiming, tells us if the unit is target or user, and i think it also can tell us if there is a reaction, i am not sure..
-> i mean in case of reaction:
0 is always the first action user(activeUnit), and 1 is the second action user(targetUnit)
(but i did not implemented any change on this with my mapforceAction Plugin)
------

i think it should be possible to build a Notetag for a custom agiAtt+ CounterSkill
(similar to the "statbased counter"-Notetag)
, but this would need to be build in for both, SV- and Map- battle..
I am not using agiAtt+ myself and i dont really like to work on that.

Last edited:

HaxDotCombo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I like that idea too.. that would be turn 1.5, turn 1 is player, turn 2 is enemy. so every time enemy unit action takes place, you set a reaction.. pretty cool like a card game, a reaction phase occurs.
I fully admit I basically just want it as a system because "it's in Super Robot Wars" and I plan to do a similar crossover game, but don't want to have to deal with breaking apart the stat infrastructure of the actual SRW plugin because I'm using a non-vehicle cast. Although, I'm also tempted to just turn off counter as a core mechanic entirely and focus on more JRPG-y things like buffs "but with movement".

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I fully admit I basically just want it as a system because "it's in Super Robot Wars" and I plan to do a similar crossover game, but don't want to have to deal with breaking apart the stat infrastructure of the actual SRW plugin because I'm using a non-vehicle cast. Although, I'm also tempted to just turn off counter as a core mechanic entirely and focus on more JRPG-y things like buffs "but with movement".
@HaxDotCombo i think i have another way around, maybe you can use trigger common events when enemy use skill, then use the force action and show choices.

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@dopan Minor bug, when a summoned unit kills an enemy, I noticed they don't produce a grave. There were no console errors that I could detect.

EDIT: I've tried replicating the bug and for some reason, they're producing graves now. I did notice however that when the bug first happened, the summoned entity killed an enemy with a critical hit. I'm not sure how or why that would cause the bug but I figured I would mention that. Maybe I'm going crazy.

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dopan Minor bug, when a summoned unit kills an enemy, I noticed they don't produce a grave. There were no console errors that I could detect.

EDIT: I've tried replicating the bug and for some reason, they're producing graves now. I did notice however that when the bug first happened, the summoned entity killed an enemy with a critical hit. I'm not sure how or why that would cause the bug but I figured I would mention that. Maybe I'm going crazy.
nevermind.. if you get that bug again pls let me know

i dont think that crit can do such differences
-------------------------------------------------------------------

@ All

updated the plugin :
SRPG_EnemyEquip.js

and patched the plugin :
SRPG_UnitMapInfo.js

both plugins can be found on my github

->changelog:

SRPG_EnemyEquip.js
-> added a few enemy functions, to be more similar to actor functions..
.. for better compatiblety with SRPG_UnitMapInfo.js

- this allows us to use following Actor_scripts on enemys aswell:
"$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventId)[1].hasNoWeapons()"
"$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventId)[1].weapons()"
"$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventId)[1].equips()"

SRPG_UnitMapInfo.js
-> added the requested weaponIcons
-> added compatiblety fix for "YEPsbuffstatesCore" & "srpgEnemyEquip"
-> cleaned up little mistakes on the param var scriptCode

(now changing "positions_param data Number" into "-value" is possible)

Edit
i recognized some small bugs on both Plugins and fixed them,
so pls use the newest plugin Versions. thx

SRPG_EnemyEquip.js
this fix will add the metaData about "weapon" to enemy meta if any weapon is equipt on the enemy.
That because my plugin uses different notetags,than the srpgCore to add an weapon to the enemy.
and this default metaData from the SRPGcore is used from a lot of other plugins, what i could not recognize ealier, because the trigger script was "hasNoWeapons()" & i didnt used or trigger this ealier in my plugin..

SRPG_UnitMapInfo.js
this fix made sure that the att_Icon wont be visible if the Unit is dead

Last edited:

zerische

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was trying to make a healer enemy, any ideas about how that would work?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the enemy equip plug in- might I suggest that there be a notetag for both enemy units and equipment that would allow the user to forbid stealing/breaking an item. Like say the item in question is plot relevant or purely aesthetic in nature, so you don't want the player either getting it ahead of time/at all.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the enemy equip plug in- might I suggest that there be a notetag for both enemy units and equipment that would allow the user to forbid stealing/breaking an item. Like say the item in question is plot relevant or purely aesthetic in nature, so you don't want the player either getting it ahead of time/at all.
at start i was against restricting items, in order to avoid needing notetags ..
However i am currently working on adding more stuff to that plugin.
As soon i am done i plan to rename the plugin into somthing like :
SRPG_equipCore.js

building such restrictions will need to rework some things, ..
also at the moment we can only steal items from enemys .
break & steal is used for equipment.
Steal items from actors will only be possible with my next update.
And in such case the actor will have ItemSlots, only the items from there can be stolen.
So if i add such restriction, it should be a restriction to not allow, to add this item to the actor_itemSlot in the first place..

i kind of dislike needing to rework the code for that,
( i am/was nearly finished with the actorslots code )
but i understand that it might be usefull,
to have an item note that says <NoItemSlot>.. or something similar..
Also some equipment might be Unique like a "holy sword" and it might be required to add notetags for equipment aswell , to avoid losing a "holy sword".. ect
( i just dislike the extra work^^ )

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_Window.js (WIP)
Example4.gif
Repository and instructions/tutorial
here

I have been very busy recently (no more COVID-19 lockdowns = no more unemployment) so I have not been very active on the forums. I actually finished this plugin ages ago but have been slowly working on a tutorial so people can actually use it.

What the plugin does is change the window.contents property of the SrpgPredictionWindow and the SrpgActorCommandStatusWindow. The SrpgActorCommandStatusWindow actually only shows for actors and for enemies the Window_SrpgStatus is used (which is also used when a prediction pops up).

This plugin removes Window_SrpgStatus (its hidden pernamently) and for that reason it does not work with SRPG_StatusWindow.js.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_Window.js (WIP)
(...)
on the one side its a nice plugin! Congratz!
(also i like your Visual style on chars/busts ect, its unique and cool)

on the other side it wont be compatible with "srpg_EnemyEquip" or the planed later version of that plugin("srpg_equipCore")..
..,same reason as compatiblety with SRPG_StatusWindow.js.
-> that would be a huge noGo for usage for me atleast,because i plan to build a lot of nice stuff into the planed "srpg_equipCore"

-stuff like: already made
- actorItemSlots not added to plugin yet
(with an own menu window, and overwriting the Inbattle item command)
- enemyItemSlots
(they are different than actorItemSlots,they clone data from "dropItem" enemy data)
- similar EquipSlots for Actors and Enemys
- usage of the patched version of SRPG_StatusWindow.js,.. for more pages

- Steal Item Skill not fully finished
(currently only for "actors vs enemys" , but its planed to add "enemys vs actors" aswell)
-> also this "Steal Item Skill" might not work as wanted at the moment..

- StealEquip & BreakEquip Skills

-> Not made yet:
- Enemy Levels & Enemy EXP
- Steal Exp Skill
- Steal Gold Skill
isnt it possible to make such compatiblety in later updates?
(by not disabling the "battleStatusWindow" pernamently)

-> or could it be possible to only display the "battleStatusWindow" outside of battlePredtiction, if a plugin param Switch is ON/OFF ?
-----------

Last edited:

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
i've been looking for a free plugin for the segemented HP bar in fire emblem and the excess zeroes when drawing numbers like in tactics ogre. keep it up guys! your UI plugins look great!

I just wish we could have a separate (dedicated) thread for all the possible skill setups with tutorials on setup. which and what not plugins are needed to achieve the effect.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
isnt it possible to make such compatiblety in later updates?
(by not disabling the "battleStatusWindow" pernamently)

-> or could it be possible to only display the "battleStatusWindow" outside of battlePredtiction, if a plugin param Switch is ON/OFF ?
I added a plugin parameter that allows status window to be shown outside of batttlePrediction. Looks a bit weird with two windows both showing information when an enemy is selected

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_Window.js (WIP)
Example4.gif
Repository and instructions/tutorial
here

I have been very busy recently (no more COVID-19 lockdowns = no more unemployment) so I have not been very active on the forums. I actually finished this plugin ages ago but have been slowly working on a tutorial so people can actually use it.

What the plugin does is change the window.contents property of the SrpgPredictionWindow and the SrpgActorCommandStatusWindow. The SrpgActorCommandStatusWindow actually only shows for actors and for enemies the Window_SrpgStatus is used (which is also used when a prediction pops up).

This plugin removes Window_SrpgStatus (its hidden pernamently) and for that reason it does not work with SRPG_StatusWindow.js.
Cool. Would it be possible to show some code depicting item durability in predictions for the Yanfly plug-in like your previous post here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-turn-based-strategy-game.110366/post-1135850

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey folks, I have two hopefully quick questions! Apologies if both of these things have been addressed earlier in the thread but 106 pages is a lot to sift through for specifics.

1) Is there a plugin command that can be used to check if a specific actor is about to act? The use for this would be to have the plugin command in the Pre-Action tag to check to see if Actor XYZ is acting, and then be able to adjust things based on that. Reading through the plugin commands in the base SRPG_Engine Core I couldn't see a way to do that, so I wondered if anyone had a way to do this.

2) When selecting units to move, on the preview windows for combat, and in the combat scenes themselves either one or both of the face graphics fail to load. I can't see any sort of pattern to where or why this occurs and I suspect it's probably plugin related, but before I go through the process of disabling everything one at a time I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone else has had this issue too? I'm currently using SRPG_core 1.34+Q (2021/1/13) as the engine plugin.

Thanks very much in advance!

RPG

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would it be possible to show some code depicting item durability in predictions for the Yanfly plug-in
For Quick Status:
var user = this._battler;

For Prediction Window:
var user = this._actionArray[1]; (or this._targetArray[1])

if(Imported.YEP_X_ItemDurability ) {
if(!user.hasNoWeapons()) {
var item = user.isActor() ? user.weapons()[0] : $dataWeapons[Number(user.enemy().meta.srpgWeapon)];
this.drawText(DataManager.getDurability(item), 24, 24, this.textWidth(DataManager.getDurability(item)));
}
}

Note enemies + weapon durability = doesn't work (without an enemy equip plugin) so durability of enemy weapons will be -1. Fix by not showing text for enemies (add a condition user.isActor())

If you use my example for SRPG Prediction to recreate the window in Fire Emblem, you will notice there's not really any space for "weapon name" as the weapon is shown as an icon.
We could add a number to the icon by drawing text over the icon. I wrote a more indepth tutorial if you want to achieve this on my github readme

WeaponDurability.png

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Is there a plugin command that can be used to check if a specific actor is about to act? The use for this would be to have the plugin command in the Pre-Action tag to check to see if Actor XYZ is acting, and then be able to adjust things based on that. Reading through the plugin commands in the base SRPG_Engine Core I couldn't see a way to do that, so I wondered if anyone had a way to do this.
// Active Event:
$gameTemp.activeEvent();
// Target Event:
$gameTemp.targetEvent();
// active eventID:
$gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId();
// target eventID:
$gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId();

you can use the active event id and if conditions that ask if the :
$gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1];

is actor or enemy and if actor, if actor id is the id you are searching for ..
(for enemy clones you need my grave plugin that gives enemys "unit IDs",
because enemy clones share all the same enemy id)

=> for more srpg related script code reminder read this;

..However using the pre battle event wont work(atlest in mapbattles),
if you dont use one of my edited core versions, because like i explained several times:
-> the pre battle phase in default srpg cores for MAPbattles is buged and triggers after the action before the normal after action event..

--> also plugin commands are rare in srpg , sooner or later you will need to learn some basic simple scriptcalls and js code to do more complex stuff..

Last edited:

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cheers for the response dopan - I've been using your edited cores and it sounds like " $gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]._actorId; " will do what I want - just to clarify though, where exactly does that store the ID of the actor? I'm assuming it takes the value and puts it into a variable (ID 1, I'm guessing in that example) but I want to make sure.

It's not a problem that the pre battle event doesn't work with mapbattles as I'm not using mapbattles for my game anyway.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cheers for the response dopan - I've been using your edited cores and it sounds like " $gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]._actorId; " will do what I want - just to clarify though, where exactly does that store the ID of the actor? I'm assuming it takes the value and puts it into a variable (ID 1, I'm guessing in that example) but I want to make sure.

It's not a problem that the pre battle event doesn't work with mapbattles as I'm not using mapbattles for my game anyway.
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]

this above gives us access to all battler data in Map Scene..
(and even more data that is added from the srpg core or other srpg plugins.)
-->use it in "F8 console" to check it out

and yes code below will return the actor id
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]._actorId
but only if that battler is an actor.. else it will give you an error
-> so before using that code,you will need to check if battler is actor or enemy anyway^^

---> and if you use my edited core with the correct setup, than Map_preAction phase will work correctly anyway^^

(i am still busy with plugin building ect, but i plan to build a new showcase demo for my plugins anyway.. as soon the plugins i am working on, are finished and bugfree)

Last edited:

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother you again Dopan but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with your script calls.

1639156196911.png
I've been using this to try and get the game to output the ID of the actor that is about to act in a text box, but the game always outputs it as the dummy value that I have set on game startup (500).

I get no error messages from the script call regardless of whether it's initiated from a player or enemy unit. This is with your most recent update of SRPG_core too - unless these specific script calls also require a plugin to work (but from reading your ScriptCallList it doesn't seem like that is the case)

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to bother you again Dopan but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with your script calls.

View attachment 209329
I've been using this to try and get the game to output the ID of the actor that is about to act in a text box, but the game always outputs it as the dummy value that I have set on game startup (500).

I get no error messages from the script call regardless of whether it's initiated from a player or enemy unit. This is with your most recent update of SRPG_core too - unless these specific script calls also require a plugin to work (but from reading your ScriptCallList it doesn't seem like that is the case)
there are several mistakes,, the battler is never [22].
its always [0] (used to check eventnote..or if its an actor or enemy ect)
or [1] (thats the default battleUnit)

second thing is the event id is missing, you should have used this for "active event actorID":
$gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1]._actorId;

to store that in a Variable use the script input of $gamevariables..

And you forgot to check if the Unit is an actor or enemy before doing anything else

I asume that 22 is the ID number of the variable that you wanna use
JavaScript:
var activeBattler = $gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId());

if (activeBattler[0] === 'actor') {

var activeActor = activeBattler[1]._actorId;

$gameVariables.setValue(22, activeActor);

};

Put your TextBox below this script

// EVENTING Solution! :
// activeActor is the same as the code below.. put this into..
// => $gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1]._actorId;
//.. the scriptbox of a $gamevariable but dont forget to ask "if actor" before that..
// to do that with eventing use the scriptbox of the conditional branch and insert:
// => $gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[0] === 'actor';
TEXT color is used to show ,which code belongs to which part of the first screenshot!
Screenshot_3.png

This is the GameVariable ScriptBox Location
Screenshot_2.png

This is the Conditional Branch Scriptbox Location
Screenshot_1.png

both solutions are not tested ,but i am pretty sure that both should work, if i made no typo mistake..

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

i'm getting better and i think im going to work on my magical girl game while I wait to get some stuff for my horror game. i hope you guys are having a good day
Kept making a new frame for any change I did so ended up with a gif XD
How is it called a rpg maker game without the default "pokemon-like" battle system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodiark97