Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q Speaking of which, I downloaded the new version of your Map Battle plugin and its a huge improvement from the previous one. Do you think it will eventually support damage pop up support, like for weaknesses and resistances, states and etc?
MapBattle uses the battle damage popups directly, so it might already be compatible with some of the state popup / weakness / resistance plugins out there. I have not tested any yet, but it would be worth a try.

I'll take a look and see if I can make a patch for limited uses, yeah.
EDIT: There was an issue with the fact that the SRPG battle scene ends without returning a standard result, which resulted in frankly bizarre changes to the number of skill uses left. I added SRPG_LimitedUsePatch to the github, which should fix those issues by disabling the post-battle-scene updates when you're in an SRPG battle.

Last edited:

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not without writing your own extension plugin for it. Wouldn't be too hard, as those go, though- there's a single function that returns what a unit's movement range is, based on their class's base value and any bonuses or penalties, you could just replace the base value with "this.tp" or the a similar equation.
Ah, I see. Unfortunately I have little to zero knowledge when it comes programing, but I suppose I can take a look under the hood when the weekend comes around.

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MapBattle uses the battle damage popups directly, so it might already be compatible with some of the state popup / weakness / resistance plugins out there. I have not tested any yet, but it would be worth a try.

I'll take a look and see if I can make a patch for limited uses, yeah.
EDIT: There was an issue with the fact that the SRPG battle scene ends without returning a standard result, which resulted in frankly bizarre changes to the number of skill uses left. I added SRPG_LimitedUsePatch to the github, which should fix those issues by disabling the post-battle-scene updates when you're in an SRPG battle.
Just tested your new plugin, now it works great!

Thanks so much,

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q sorry if i disturb you, any idea why when i use a skill that target myself or just teleport to a random tile the character face turns the opposite?

Thanks in advance, i hope you know the reason cuz it messes things up a bit, letting my units have bad evasion rates/counter rates since they give their back to opponents.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q sorry if i disturb you, any idea why when i use a skill that target myself or just teleport to a random tile the character face turns the opposite?

Thanks in advance, i hope you know the reason cuz it messes things up a bit, letting my units have bad evasion rates/counter rates since they give their back to opponents.
That's a quirk of the directional modifiers plugin, which has its own code that changes the character's direction based on the attack target. I gave up trying to use the vanilla version of the directional facing plugin and made my own variant, though it's missing all of the features I didn't use (innate hit/crit/dmg modifiers, manual direction changing), so I don't think it'd be terribly useful for many other projects?

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q soo since i'm still not a true expert, does it mean i did something wrong with the formula or just i cant do nothing about it?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q soo since i'm still not a true expert, does it mean i did something wrong with the formula or just i cant do nothing about it?
It's a problem with the directional effect plugin, which always makes the user face the target, and vice-versa, but doesn't exactly know how it should handle units targeting themselves.

I can't do much for regular self-target, but I ended up with some updates to SRPG_PositionEffects to help with teleports:
  • The ability to target empty cells now uses the <cellTarget> notetag, instead of setting the scope to "none". This lets you make effects that can be used on an empty space or another unit, though keep in mind targeting an empty space means the effect points back at the user by default. Mostly, you could make something like a teleport that can also switch places with other units.
  • Added a.faceCursor() and a.faceAoE(), which will make a change direction to face either the cursor or the center of the AoE at the point. @Arteriam, my suggestion for your issue is to call a.faceCursor() right before you call a.teleport(), so they'll show up on the other side facing whatever direction they just moved in.

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q oh wow nice, now it turns during skill used but then after teleportation unit turns face to the right direction! well done its working now.

Also is there any extension to make different AoE shape? and not only different range shape like rn.
Thanks in advance bro. :D

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q oh wow nice, now it turns during skill used but then after teleportation unit turns face to the right direction! well done its working now.

Also is there any extension to make different AoE shape? and not only different range shape like rn.
Thanks in advance bro. :D
I've been dabbling in AoE extensions, but it's actually pretty complicated to get everything working right. Also, I'm unsure exactly what the license is on the original AoE plugin, which I used parts of to preserve compatibility (I.E. so plugins that interact with AoEs would hopefully work just fine with either plugin).

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put up a new extension: SRPG_RangePlus. It lets you make skills with variable ranges, and adjust the range modifier for a battler the same way you could modify their move range.

I also updated SRPG_MapBattle_Motions to fix a silly typo that broke most of the plugin parameters- if you tried it before, try again, it actually works now!

Lastly, I touched up SRPG_PositionEffects to work correctly with looping battle maps and to make <anyTarget> work correctly for people who aren't using MapBattle.

My AoE plugin is coming along fairly well, though I still need to clean up the code, and see if I can confirm the license the original AoE plugin was released under, since I'm re-using a pair of functions from it.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q I have a question about SRPG_PositionEffects plugin. When I save game in battle, and load game, this plugin does not work in loaded battle. How can I solve this problem?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q I have a question about SRPG_PositionEffects plugin. When I save game in battle, and load game, this plugin does not work in loaded battle. How can I solve this problem?
Can you clarify what doesn't work, specifically? Are you using it together with any other particular plugins? What type of skill are you trying to use, and that effect isn't happening?

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you clarify what doesn't work, specifically? Are you using it together with any other particular plugins? What type of skill are you trying to use, and that effect isn't happening?
Thank you answer my question! Teleport is no problem. But push, approach and swap doesn't work when I load game in battle. I think, skill that two character interact has this problem. This problem occur only when I load game in battle. When I finish battle, this problem disappear. If I use lunatic tag, only damage occurs, no character move. But if I use formula, damage is '0'. I don't use Map Battle.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you answer my question! Teleport is no problem. But push, approach and swap doesn't work when I load game in battle. I think, skill that two character interact has this problem. This problem occur only when I load game in battle. When I finish battle, this problem disappear. If I use lunatic tag, only damage occurs, no character move. But if I use formula, damage is '0'. I don't use Map Battle.
That's very helpful! I'll start looking into it, to see what goes out with saving and loading that might be causing the issue. One last question- do you use the battle confirmation window, or have it disabled?

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's very helpful! I'll start looking into it, to see what goes out with saving and loading that might be causing the issue. One last question- do you use the battle confirmation window, or have it disabled?
Is Battle confirmation window provided by default in SRPG Engine? Perhaps I'm using battle confirmation. Your plugin is what I've been hoping for. I hope this problem solved!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum the battle confirmation window is an option in SRPG_core. It's the thing that pops up with "start battle" and "cancel", and shows the character's stats, and possibly a prediction on damage / accuracy for each side.

Thanks to your reporting the issue, I found the root and it looks like I've managed to fix it! SRPG_PositionEffects and SRPG_MapBattle_early have both been updated to work correctly if you save mid-combat and reload it later.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum the battle confirmation window is an option in SRPG_core. It's the thing that pops up with "start battle" and "cancel", and shows the character's stats, and possibly a prediction on damage / accuracy for each side.

Thanks to your reporting the issue, I found the root and it looks like I've managed to fix it! SRPG_PositionEffects and SRPG_MapBattle_early have both been updated to work correctly if you save mid-combat and reload it later.
Oh! I tested fixed plugin, and plugin works perpectly! Thanks very much for your support!

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your doing some amazing work for this battle system! @Doktor_Q
cant wait to see the AoE plugin-thing you're working on!

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess that I should write that there is a new update to ver. 1.24
Here is a LINK to it.
Warning it's on original website that is japanese and a files are japanese too.

NikaraWorld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe i have found a potential bug in the plugin, when you disable yanflys party system it causes the on map enemies to have NaN next to there stats. I don't know what NaN means but i for sure know that when everything is NaN i can't damage the enemy and the enemy can't move. Also i have a character that applies states to herself called stance changes which give her access to other classes skills, however, whenever i go to use it nothing happens and i'm stuck in battle screen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela