Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been experimenting with different solutions with trying to get VisuStella's MZ plugins to work in conjunction with SRPG Core, and unfortunately what you two are saying seems to be true. :LZSteary:

I started using the plugins used in the SRPG Engine MV and DynamicAction 1.32Q demo version so I can have action sequences in battle (SRPG battle, not on-map), and I can’t figure out why they aren’t working for me. I installed and turned on all six of the DAction plugins, and I didn’t change any of the plugin settings. These six are the only plugins I have installed other than the SRPG Core and Fossil and they are at the top under Fossil and SRPG core in that order. They are in the same order as in the demo. I copied the codes for the Attack and Multi Sword verbatim from their note tags in the demo and applied them to the same stats in my game and I get the following error message after using them in a SRPG battle.
Error With Attack Skill and DAction Plugins.jpg

Then I started getting this error after a while, which starts right after I hit “New Game” on the title menu.
Error With Attack Skill and DAction Plugins 2.jpg

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. when you get errors hit f8 and make a screenshot of the red text , thats where we see where the error is located.

2. i assume you used the mv version of dynamic action plugins.. i cant say much about these plugins, but i think there are also mz versions of the DA plugins,, you can find the link infos here #1,129

links:
DA manuals
(help info for DA plugins)
DA thread for MZ
(thats where you can find the MZ versions of DA plugins)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The MZ versions (so far) work just fine. Thanks! :thumbsup-left:

I had no idea there were MZ versions of these plugins. That's the problem with a topic this size. I've read 40+ pages of it (working my way towards the center from the back and front) learning about SRPG core, and still didn't see that.
1. when you get errors hit f8 and make a screenshot of the red text , thats where we see where the error is located.

2. i assume you used the mv version of dynamic action plugins.. i cant say much about these plugins, but i think there are also mz versions of the DA plugins,, you can find the link infos here #1,129

links:
DA manuals
(help info for DA plugins)
DA thread for MZ
(thats where you can find the MZ versions of DA plugins)

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay there is something wrong with range control maybe... if a an impassable terrain has a tag on it, even if said tag does not modify movement or the weapon/skill in question should be able to fire over said terrain, or even if said skill isn't supposed to use line of sight rules, said impassible terrain will block attacks completely, even on the terrain itself. (I have also from time to time seemingly had the issue of having los attacks stop at areas that modify move cost, but I haven't been able to capture it) Line of Sight Errors.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to edit the SRPG menu to remove certain options, for example here i want to remove the weapon option1642969178543.png

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally finished the SRPG_AIControlPlus. I did some really hard coding but it definitely worth it.
With a proper target, counter, and position formula, it can greatly improve the enemy or actor AI.
I made it mainly for my personal need so it depends on a lot of my other plugins and needs some coding knowledge to use. I updated a demo TBS game in my demo project, have fun^ ^:
Side note: One of the major aspects of the game I am making requires building a small army of randomized characters. That is, having the option of "recruiting" new, randomized units (appearance, class, name, etc.) at a town board and then being able to select them from a pool of units when heading into a battle map. Is there a way to do this?
@Juno016 I think my demo also shows you how to recruit new units.

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Shokang, your SRPG_MoveMethod.js breaks the script call for
Code:
this.setTargetId(EventID, ID);
. This means that you can't either change an enemy's target on the fly, or set a unit to target an enemy that you set via spawning.

Shoukang

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Shokang, your SRPG_MoveMethod.js breaks the script call for
Code:
this.setTargetId(EventID, ID);
. This means that you can't either change an enemy's target on the fly, or set a unit to target an enemy that you set via spawning.
It works for me. Did you set the move mode to 'aimingActor' or 'aimingEvent'?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works for me. Did you set the move mode to 'aimingActor' or 'aimingEvent'?
Ok, I think I got it right finally. First I corrected mixing up aiming actor and event, then I had to change how the unit treated terrain so it wasn't impeded by the terrain, then I had to correct the algorithm for the unit in question (I had it go kill 4 other allied units before the main one) and then I had to edit the search range to make sure it didn't decide the target was too far away.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, Dopan, is there a way to get a unit to stand still when using
Code:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1].addState(addId);
? Because, when used, it seems to "activate" a unit whose mode has been set to standing, causing it to charge into battle.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Qwerty111
1. about battlecommands: with my edited core you can use switches to enable/disable battle commands..
2.about change grid: what grid do you mean? if its the moveRange you can edit the Img that defines how it looks
(these images are in your system folder)

@MetalKing11417

i am not sure what you mean i tested that issue.. and when i used addState that didnt change the battlemode:
Screenshot_1.png
use the console F8 to see the battlemode of the Unit, to make sure that the mode has changed..
- and even if a Unit has the mode "stand", if an opponent is close enough they will charge..

-> so i am not sure if i understand your problem correctly, .. atleast in my test project i cant affect the battlemode by adding a state.
( i used the poison state to test it )

=> first use the console F8 to check if the battlemode has really changed..like shown above

However if in your project the battlemode gets changed , did you try to change it again to "stand" with script right after adding the state?
(incase that is required, for whatever weird reason, you will have to build a script that always checks the battlemode before adding a state , and adding that mode again after the state was added.. but i dont think thats the case)
-> or you need to figure out what plugin is responsible for that behavior and change it

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Qwerty111
1. about battlecommands: with my edited core you can use switches to enable/diasble battle commands..
2.about change grid: what grid do you mean? if its the moveRange you can edit the Img that defines how it looks
(these images are in your system folder)

@MetalKing11417

i am not sure what you mean i tested that issue.. and when i used addState that didnt change the battlemode:
View attachment 214432
use the console F8 to see the battlemode of the Unit, to make sure that the mode has changed..
- and even if a Unit has the mode "stand", if an opponent is close enough they will charge..

-> so i am not sure if i understand your problem correctly, .. atleast in my test project i cant affect the battlemode by adding a state.
( i used the poison state to test it )

=> first use the console F8 to check if the battlemode has really changed..like shown above

However if in your project the battlemode gets changed , did you try to change it again to "stand" with script right after adding the state?
(incase that is required, for whatever weird reason, you will have to build a script that always checks the battlemode before adding a state , and adding that mode again after the state was added.. but i dont think thats the case)
-> or you need to figure out what plugin is responsible for that behavior and change it
It didn't seem to get fixed no matter what I tried. Oh well, I can live without.

Speaking of map scripts, could you provide a script to return the position of a unit and store it in a variable or two?

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It didn't seem to get fixed no matter what I tried. Oh well, I can live without.

Speaking of map scripts, could you provide a script to return the position of a unit and store it in a variable or two?
about battlemode Issue:
Thats weird i could not recreate that issue in my test-project.

-> so i assume that you checked the console and in your case it did change the battlemode?

-> did you also try the scriptcall from the srpg core?

this.unitAddState(EventId, StateId);
Screenshot_1.png

it basicly does the same thing but checks if the unit is dead and if the event is erased
---------------------------------------

for the position you need the event id of an unit.
("acting-event id" and "target-event id" works aswell.. or if used on the event you can use "this event ID")

And you need two variables:
One that stores the X position and one that stores the Y position.
- you even dont need a script ,because its part of what you can choose when setting a variable
Screenshot_3.png

here is the script if you preffer to use script in the variable:
For X -> $gameMap.event(event_ID).x
For Y -> $gameMap.event(event_ID).y
(here the event ID still must be added)

Last edited:

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
about battlemode Issue:
Thats weird i could not recreate that issue in my test-project.

-> so i assume that you checked the console and in your case it did change the battlemode?

-> did you also try the scriptcall from the srpg core?

this.unitAddState(EventId, StateId);
View attachment 214521

it basicly does the same thing but checks if the unit is dead and if the event is erased
---------------------------------------

for the position you need the event id of an unit.
("acting-event id" and "target-event id" works aswell.. or if used on the event you can use "this event ID")

And you need two variables:
One that stores the X position and one that stores the Y position.
- you even dont need a script ,because its part of what you can choose when setting a variable

here is the script if you preffer to use script in the variable:
For X -> $gameMap.event(event_ID).x
For Y -> $gameMap.event(event_ID).y
(here the event ID still must be added)
I think it changes when the phase shifts to that of the enemy, because when I check when it is my turn, it is still marked as stand.

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it changes when the phase shifts to that of the enemy, because when I check when it is my turn, it is still marked as stand.
if thats the case then i dont think its related to adding the state.

how far away is the enemy? - it is normal that an enemy changes his "stand" mode, if there is somebody near..
( to be sure, just do the same thing without adding the state and look if the enemy still changes his battlemode )

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if thats the case then i dont think its related to adding the state.

how far away is the enemy? - it is normal that an enemy changes his "stand" mode, if there is somebody near..
( to be sure, just do the same thing without adding the state and look if the enemy still changes his battlemode )
Half way across the map. It doesn't try to do anything if it doesn't have the buff.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1643904661483.png
How come the text is in another language despite me setting all the names to english, this is using the edited core

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 215064
How come the text is in another language despite me setting all the names to english, this is using the edited core
no idea, i never had that issue.

And its weird that it only happens for some of the commands..
But that could be a hint, what are these commands ?
- did you use any of the "disableBattleCommand" -switches?
- and did that only happen with the edited srpg core, or does it also happen with other versions of the srpg core?

this could be related to the fact that the srpg core has jap code in it, and somehow using it instead of the englisch code.

i guess the easiest way to fix this would be to edit the srpg core and remove every jap code.
(but without making mistakes that might break the plugin)

i allready thought about making an edited version where all jap code is fully removed in order to make the pluginCode "smaller".But i am to busy with other stuff and it wasnt needed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame