MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe i have found a potential bug in the plugin, when you disable yanflys party system it causes the on map enemies to have NaN next to there stats. I don't know what NaN means but i for sure know that when everything is NaN i can't damage the enemy and the enemy can't move. Also i have a character that applies states to herself called stance changes which give her access to other classes skills, however, whenever i go to use it nothing happens and i'm stuck in battle screen
NaN means Not A Number.
Also this system is extremely finicky and has a habit of breaking every so often for no real reason, so always have a working back up ready and prepare to copy-paste everything.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I would like to have some helping recreating a passive skill. The skill is from the Fire Emblem series and is called Vantage. It works like this:

"If foe initiates combat, and if HP is ≤ 50%, unit still attacks first."

Basically, the unit counterattack before the enemy attacks if the unit has 50% HP or lower.

Is this possible to create? If so how do I do it?

If I'm not explaining enough, please tell me.

Thank you in advance.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello!

I would like to have some helping recreating a passive skill. The skill is from the Fire Emblem series and is called Vantage. It works like this:

"If foe initiates combat, and if HP is ≤ 50%, unit still attacks first."

Basically, the unit counterattack before the enemy attacks if the unit has 50% HP or lower.

Is this possible to create? If so how do I do it?

If I'm not explaining enough, please tell me.

Thank you in advance.
Its...doable...sorta. I did it, as well as Desperation and other condition effects that alter turn order, but I had to edit the plugin itself. It works perfectly but...again, plugin edit.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Accatosh If you're using Yanfly's Auto Passive States plugin, you can do something like this:
1580184265377.png
This gives them a huge priority bonus as long as their HP is under half. It won't work if you're using SRPG_AttackerFirstAttack, though, since that ignores attack priority.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sissel Cabanela, can you please tell me how to do it? I'm unfortunately not good at javascript.

@Doktor_Q, thank you but the problem is that I'm using SRPG_AttackerFirstAttack. Hopefully something else will work.

EDIT: I successfully created vantage with the help from Doktor_Q and by creating a new way of doing what the SRPG_AttackerFirstAttack did. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good work then.

On another note, has no one else experienced a sudden slowdown of gameplay? Usually after initiating an ally targetted ability like an Assist skill? I believe I asked before, but I've had people who have tried my project complain about the lag making it unplayable.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sissel Cabanela I've noticed some lag during targeting, and large spikes when selecting a unit with high mobility and range, all seeming to do with building the range/move tables, but I haven't dug deep enough to confirm the root cause, or how to fix it.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Sissel Cabanela I've noticed some lag during targeting, and large spikes when selecting a unit with high mobility and range, all seeming to do with building the range/move tables, but I haven't dug deep enough to confirm the root cause, or how to fix it.
OH THANK GOD IT'S NOT JUST ME. Someone earlier said they didn't get it at all, so I was confused when I and other people I've been showing my project to have gotten it. The lag persists as well, yes? It is very odd as it slows the game down to a genuine crawl.

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone help me with a silly question?

How can I change the graphics of the selection tiles (the blue/red squares)? Can I change the colour in the plugin, perhaps? I'm just not a fan of how glowy it looks, and it doesn't fit the tileset I'm using.

Btw thanks for the amazing work, both to @RyanBram and @Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone help me with a silly question?

How can I change the graphics of the selection tiles (the blue/red squares)? Can I change the colour in the plugin, perhaps? I'm just not a fan of how glowy it looks, and it doesn't fit the tileset I'm using.
I have a plugin that lets you use your own image set for it instead, but it's got some issues I need to work out before it's usable by people who aren't me, making the specific game I am making. I'll try and spend some time cleaning up my stuff and hopefully have another chunk of plugin updates and releases this month.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Does SRPG_RangePlus only crash for me? When I try to move my characters during a SRPG battle, the game crashes with an error message. The game works perfectly when I turn off the plugin.

Here's pictures of both the error and the order of my plugins:
Error:

And my list of plugins:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Does SRPG_RangePlus only crash for me? When I try to move my characters during a SRPG battle, the game crashes with an error message. The game works perfectly when I turn off the plugin.

Here's pictures of both the error and the order of my plugins:
Error:

And my list of plugins:
I think your range is just too high. Try disabling RangePlus, and making a normal attack with that same total range- like, if the base range was 5, and you had +5, try making it have a flat maximum range of 10.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q

Hello, thank you for your answer!

I actually haven't used the notetags from the plugin at all. I tried putting the plugin inside the SRPG Demo, and it unfortunantly still crashed.

I tested to turn off every single plugin but the core plugins and the RangePlus in the Demo and it still crashed. These are the plugins I turned off and still had on:
lag.PNG

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
Excuse me, for the first time here does this system have preparation before the battle to choose units?
or you can only specify actors?

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, I've been wondering if there is a thread for sharing projects using this plugin, because I'm currently working on a game and I'm curious to see in what ways other people are using this plugin, since theres a lot of different ways you could use the SRPG Engine.

If I make a thread like that, would you guys be interested in posting about your projects? I think it could be interesting.

Anyways, bye bye

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I've been wondering if there is a thread for sharing projects using this plugin, because I'm currently working on a game and I'm curious to see in what ways other people are using this plugin, since theres a lot of different ways you could use the SRPG Engine.

If I make a thread like that, would you guys be interested in posting about your projects? I think it could be interesting.

Anyways, bye bye
If you create a thread I would like to participate in the I am also doing a project

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excuse me, for the first time here does this system have preparation before the battle to choose units?
or you can only specify actors?
No it doesn't but you can create one with common events.

@big_noob
I'm in, but it will take some time before my game is finished.

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q Hey, remember that you have told me about ressurecting/dying?
Well, I want to ask one thing: Is it possible to completely remove death state and replace it with a state that is almost like death state, but it isn't erasing your/enemy character from battle, something like sleep skill in SRPG demo.
And adding/removing variable to make battle lost condition (ex. if "dead" variable = your party = loss)
The problem is how to remove death state when HP = 0, and replace with "fake" one.
Thanks in advance.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q Hey, remember that you have told me about ressurecting/dying?
Well, I want to ask one thing: Is it possible to completely remove death state and replace it with a state that is almost like death state, but it isn't erasing your/enemy character from battle, something like sleep skill in SRPG demo.
And adding/removing variable to make battle lost condition (ex. if "dead" variable = your party = loss)
The problem is how to remove death state when HP = 0, and replace with "fake" one.
Thanks in advance.
Not without plugins, and I'm not familiar with one that already does it off the top of my head.
In the example I gave you make a "fake" death state that grants the character immunity to actual death, which works, so I think the next best option would be to change you game over condition from "is # of alive actors 0" to something like "do all actors in battle have the psuedo-death state?" One of the advantages of SRPG_Core is that you make your own win/loss/etc concepts via eventing, and end the battle when you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemiRemi