RMMZ

Bagy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, can anyone confirm the following about Directionmod.js?

SideAttack_Mod:HIT and BackAttack_Mod:HIT = change the attacker's hit rate
SideAttack_Mod:EVA and BackAttack_Mod:EVA = change the victim's evade rate

It seems obvious this is how it'd work, but I hate to assume when it comes to things that affect RNG.

Also, do these affect both physical and magic success rates? Or just physical?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, can anyone confirm the following about Directionmod.js?

SideAttack_Mod:HIT and BackAttack_Mod:HIT = change the attacker's hit rate
SideAttack_Mod:EVA and BackAttack_Mod:EVA = change the victim's evade rate

It seems obvious this is how it'd work, but I hate to assume when it comes to things that affect RNG.

Also, do these affect both physical and magic success rates? Or just physical?
The plugin multiplies the hit/evade rate by X. In the script it is defined by itemHit and itemEva. I use yanfly hit accuracy plugin to further modify the default hit rate of things (though that is now a paid plugin) though that is technically not necessary. Default hit rate calculation is: "Did it hit" (itemHit) and then "did it miss" (itemEva) and if the answer is yes and no then the move lands. It should affect magical attacks too.

I have encountered some bugs with srpg_core (or maybe its some of the other plugins) where the targetEvent faces the activeEvent prior to the action occurring which means that directionMod never works. I forgot which combination of plugins (or perhaps it was older plugins) so just be wary of that

Bagy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use yanfly hit accuracy plugin to further modify the default hit rate of things (though that is now a paid plugin) though that is technically not necessary. Default hit rate calculation is: "Did it hit" (itemHit) and then "did it miss" (itemEva) and if the answer is yes and no then the move lands. It should affect magical attacks too.
Ok good, I was already thinking of using that plugin, thanks!

EDIT: So a couple limitations I noticed with Directionmod.js:

1) Direction multipliers aren't passed on to the prediction GUI, so even the damage value you're told before you strike doesn't match what you get on side and back attacks.

2) Direction multipliers aren't passed on to damage formulas, so if you want to repurpose a.hit or b.eva as conditional damage modifiers, the results will be the same regardless of direction.

Does anyone know if these limitations are normal, or something I setup wrong?

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Direction multipliers aren't passed on to the prediction GUI
Works for me. When you are in the prediction window, is the activeEvent facing the targetEvent? If not then that's the problem. I recall encountering a bug where activeEvent only faces targetEvent after an action is confirmed (so directionMod works but only after an action is confirmed).

Make sure directionMod is near the bottom of your plugin list

When the prediction window is up, use the following commands on the console:

$gameTemp.directionEffect()
and
$gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.activeEvent().eventId())[1].action(0).itemHit($gameSystem.EventToUnit($gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId())[1]);

directionEffect shows the direction of the attack (front/side/back)
itemHit will show the true hit rate of the action.
Direction multipliers aren't passed on to damage formulas
directionMod does not change eva or hit. it changes itemHit and itemEva. If you want to use it in a damage formula, use itemHit(target) and itemEva(target). Both functions are clunky to use in damage formula as you have to define the target and it is a property of an action (vs a property of a battler). I would use $gameTemp.directionEffect() if you want to modify the damage formula based on direction.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
any update abount make the MZ version? i really want it
I'm wondering the same thing, too. I'm especially eager for the MZ version since I'm nearly finished with prototyping and I want to start the programming my SRPG for real in the near future. I'm hesistant to do this with the MV version of SRPG Engine and running FOSSIL, since I've run into several glitches and compatibility issues so far, and I don't want to base an entire game on a set of plugins that aren't that reliable/stable.
anybody knows when new demo from Ariake_Takumi will release?
I didn't know there was a new demo in development, but I'm very impressed with the May 7 version. The flow of gameplay is smoother than the MV version, and I like some of the small changes, like reinforcements appearing at a certain point mid-battle (as opposed to the summoning plugin where they constantly spawn) and the speed of combat (though the experience bar disappears so quickly I don't have time to read it.)

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how to make the characters not move like turtles after the action was selected??

The base demo has them move very quickly.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how to make the characters not move like turtles after the action was selected??

The base demo has them move very quickly.
The movement speed of a unit is based on the speed of the event. Open the event, loot at the automatous movement category, and change the speed to how fast you wish your units to move.
Also, don't forget to turn on stepping if you wish to make the sprites look hyperactive like in the demo.

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The movement speed of a unit is based on the speed of the event. Open the event, loot at the automatous movement category, and change the speed to how fast you wish your units to move.
Also, don't forget to turn on stepping if you wish to make the sprites look hyperactive like in the demo.
thanks is there a discord for this somewhere or is this where everyone just puts all their questions?

Brother_Fox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good afternoon!

How can I display status messages on the screen? The ones that should be shown when state is applied to an actor/enemy And those that are shown at the end of the state

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The once per turn inclusion is a really nice addition to an already superb plugin! Just to confirm, is this version of the ActionOrder plugin also freely available for use in projects?

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far everything's been working out fine!

I already created my own map with fights, etc., but how come my sideview battles still show no battleback(completely black)? It looks fine in a battle test.

Is there a specific way to add battlebacks properly?

I have the default SRPG engine only one in troops like the demo.

Avos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello !

I have a problem with the version of Shoukang (The bug is present in the demo of the website too).

<D-Animation:shot&lookCourse> is not working. The arrow animation is on the target rather than making a trajectory.

I don't know if this is a known issue.

Zephydra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The battleback has to be assigned to the map itself in the maps properties window:

1655281128000.png

Attachments

• 1655281111169.png
    1655281111169.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 0

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Could someone help me create a Self Destruct Skill? Ideally it would be a square AoE that uses the damage formula against enemies, but kills the user

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaycen