xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
This game is called langriser.. any body knows how make this effect in the sideview battle? instead of 1 unit per battle, there's a troop leader and troops? this is also the same in advance war tactics..
thanks!
1655544569539.png
1655544771637.png

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This game is called langriser.. any body knows how make this effect in the sideview battle? instead of 1 unit per battle, there's a troop leader and troops? this is also the same in advance war tactics..
thanks!
View attachment 229691
View attachment 229692
You would need to make your own character sheets. Can be quite the pain if you're not super familiar with photoshop or anything. You would probably need a sv_actor sheet for each leader AND each troop. You would then switch the battler image depending on which troop was assigned.

Or you could have each troop be it's own battler and the leader is just represented by the face icon

Here's an example sheet I drew up:

Attachments

• Test.png
    Test.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 23

ultraed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello community. any way to get an ability to push enemy

Last edited:

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have more questions after 8+more hours playing through the demo and working on another map.

1. When it's the player's turn the battle bgm plays correctly(same conditional as image), however, when it's the enemy attacking the player, the correct bgm isn't playing.(image pasted; no the songs are different just cutoff)

Not sure what replacement can be used if the enemy can't use its own id for a conditional branch during its turn?

2. How to prevent an npc from being distracted to fight the player when it should be focused on moving to a specific event with a target id in note?

3. How to change sprites to a "greyed out version" after moving or some graphic that makes it easier to tell that it already moved?

4. How to make it so only "status/support moves" like healing an ally or buffing, etc. with a dancer are not visible during sideview battle?(make it an in game option for the player to be visible or not?)

5. How to make battle bgm persist between battles rather than having it restart every time(entire song will never be heard since battles end too quick)?

6. How to make an "unlock" option appear for specific allies(with item or skill) on treasure chests?
(want to open treasure chests without standing on top of them but interacting with them; same goes for other objects).

Attachments

• exampleevent.PNG
    exampleevent.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 11

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
  1. I don't think that Conditional Branch is functional, but regardless point 1 and 5 are going to run into the same problem - the only way to have the music not start over is by having the same BGM and Battle BGM.
  2. Someone else will need to help with this one
  3. You can gray out units after use using some extra code from Boomy in the Core: Post Here
  4. Someone else will need to help with this one
  5. See #1
  6. You can do Unlock options using Shoukang's "Advanced Interactions" Download

Last edited:

ultraed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hola tengo 2 preguntas
1 de alguna manera que un personaje ocupa 2 o más espacios?
2 de alguna manera que en batalla lateral el heroe cuando salta al ataque se queda en la posicion del enemigo y el enemigo sale balanceandose sin volver y que el heroe no vuelve a su posicion inicial... en el tablero entendi como hacer esto, pero en el lado de la animación no.

Last edited:

Miss_Misery

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Silly Question regarding UnitCore by Dopan: exactly why Enemies also gain exp from this plugin. I love what the plugin itself adds but I cannot find a way to disable that feature...
Edit: I figured it out by delving into the plugin. I simply didn't want enemy gaining exp to display.

2. I wanted to know if any extensions or the plugin itself supports a Unit that takes up more than 1 tile? I tend to have bigger sprites than normal, bigger than 32x32 but I will have to make smaller sprites to compensate such a limitation.

Last edited:

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies if this has been answered, I'm working my way through the pages to figure it out. Unsure how to remove the "formation" command from both the typical srpg and shokang battle prep menu. Removing formation in the system the typical way for rpg maker does the trick for the out of battle menu.

monkey1031

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello.
I'm a beginner who recently started making srpg games and I have one question.

: Is there a plug-in that can display dangerous areas like the yellow part of the attached image?
This feature has been seen in the Fire Emblem series, etc., which is a great help in getting the unit into action.
(I think SRPG_TargetLowHp.js, which displays a mark on the unit targeted by the enemy, is also useful.
However, if possible, I thought it would be more convenient if the range of action of the entire enemy could be visualized in this way ... )
erg.PNG

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My apologies if this has been answered, I'm working my way through the pages to figure it out. Unsure how to remove the "formation" command from both the typical srpg and shokang battle prep menu. Removing formation in the system the typical way for rpg maker does the trick for the out of battle menu.
For me, using just the basic SRPG core plugin, it appears grayed out and cannot be clicked.

On the other hand, I tried to get rid of "Wait" and "Attack" with rather odd results. "Attack" appears grayed out, but "Wait" remains. I'd like to remove both, since both are relegated to skills in my game. I have a skill similar to Wait that regenerates some MP.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me, using just the basic SRPG core plugin, it appears grayed out and cannot be clicked.

On the other hand, I tried to get rid of "Wait" and "Attack" with rather odd results. "Attack" appears grayed out, but "Wait" remains. I'd like to remove both, since both are relegated to skills in my game. I have a skill similar to Wait that regenerates some MP.
Yup, I can remove the ability for it to actually be functional, but the button itself remains. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but looks unpolished.

Fantastic news! I had to edit the js file but was able to hide the formation command with the following (I only added // to comment out the few lines that would have called the command

//add commands
Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addFinishPrepareCommand = function() {
this.addCommand(_textFinishPrepare, 'finish prepare', true);
};

Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addSrpgPositionCommand = function() {
this.addCommand(_textPosition, 'position', true);
};

// Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addSRPGFormationCommand = function() { COMMENTED OUT
// this.addCommand(_textFormation, 'formation', true);
// };

Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addPrepareEventCommand = function() {
var menuWindow = this;
$gameMap.events().some(function(event) {
if (event.isType() === 'prepare') menuWindow.addCommand(_textPrepareEvent, 'prepare', true);
});
};

var _SRPG_Window_MenuCommand_makeCommandList = Window_MenuCommand.prototype.makeCommandList;
Window_MenuCommand.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true && $gameSystem.isBattlePhase() == 'battle_prepare') {
this.addFinishPrepareCommand();
if (_srpgWinLoseConditionCommand == 'true') this.addWinLoseConditionCommand();
// this.addSRPGFormationCommand(); THIS HERE COMMENTED OUT
this.addSrpgPositionCommand();
this.addPrepareEventCommand();
if (this.needsCommand('equip')) this.addCommand(TextManager.equip, 'equip', true);
if (this.needsCommand('status')) this.addCommand(TextManager.status, 'status', true);
this.addOriginalCommands();
this.addOptionsCommand();
this.addSaveCommand();
this.addGameEndCommand();
} else _SRPG_Window_MenuCommand_makeCommandList.call(this);
};

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, I can remove the ability for it to actually be functional, but the button itself remains. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but looks unpolished.

Fantastic news! I had to edit the js file but was able to hide the formation command with the following (I only added // to comment out the few lines that would have called the command

//add commands
Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addFinishPrepareCommand = function() {
this.addCommand(_textFinishPrepare, 'finish prepare', true);
};

Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addSrpgPositionCommand = function() {
this.addCommand(_textPosition, 'position', true);
};

// Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addSRPGFormationCommand = function() { COMMENTED OUT
// this.addCommand(_textFormation, 'formation', true);
// };

Window_MenuCommand.prototype.addPrepareEventCommand = function() {
var menuWindow = this;
$gameMap.events().some(function(event) {
if (event.isType() === 'prepare') menuWindow.addCommand(_textPrepareEvent, 'prepare', true);
});
};

var _SRPG_Window_MenuCommand_makeCommandList = Window_MenuCommand.prototype.makeCommandList;
Window_MenuCommand.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true && $gameSystem.isBattlePhase() == 'battle_prepare') {
this.addFinishPrepareCommand();
if (_srpgWinLoseConditionCommand == 'true') this.addWinLoseConditionCommand();
// this.addSRPGFormationCommand(); THIS HERE COMMENTED OUT
this.addSrpgPositionCommand();
this.addPrepareEventCommand();
if (this.needsCommand('equip')) this.addCommand(TextManager.equip, 'equip', true);
if (this.needsCommand('status')) this.addCommand(TextManager.status, 'status', true);
this.addOriginalCommands();
this.addOptionsCommand();
this.addSaveCommand();
this.addGameEndCommand();
} else _SRPG_Window_MenuCommand_makeCommandList.call(this);
};
Excellent find! What program do you use to edit the .js file?

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use Serris code editor, but I don't think it matters too much

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
You would need to make your own character sheets. Can be quite the pain if you're not super familiar with photoshop or anything. You would probably need a sv_actor sheet for each leader AND each troop. You would then switch the battler image depending on which troop was assigned.

Or you could have each troop be it's own battler and the leader is just represented by the face icon

Here's an example sheet I drew up:
i think this is static ad not dynamic. when one unit dies, it's not shown asap in battle.

ultraed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aoe widest line some way?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1660339609612.png
Really need to come up with better names for my folders.
rpgmakerxp wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, I saw you comment a google drive link to add a specific script to a kadowa plugin for battle voices here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attacking-defending-skills-damage-ect.119148/

I'd like to add "multiple possible battle voices" for stuff too, can you please let me know what to change cause the link isn't working.
As you get older you notice how things you always used to do is starting to cause pain XD
I've always sitted on my feet for exemple and now I've started to develop knee pains that always occur after I sit in a way that I've ALWAYS done.
And am I going to stop doing it? Eh, likely not before it is causing me massive pain....:kaoswt:
Yay me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarckMysterix