monkey1031

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty hard to do what you are asking for and SRPG_AuraSkill isn't designed for "show attack range"
I presume ZR in 3Houses is the same as in the 3DS games where it highlights in red the enemy attack range. I made a plugin that shows the enemy "movement range" but attack range is harder to do (but probably possible for default attack range but when enemies can also use random skills then the range possiblities become more complicated).

SIIOMrpy2y.gif
I see....
It's difficult to display the attack range.
However, it is very helpful to be able to display the movement range.
Immediately, I would like to try the plug-in you created.
I'm really thankful to you!

ThePsychoBear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you look in past pages, there's actually a summon skill plugin. I recommend doing searches in the forums with a few key words and 'srpg' it helps me find things.

EDIT: Solved! Super important to follow the demo very closely. I forgot the notes for my enemies!
In concerning news I get the following error now and while I've determined it's not plugin related (I did a full backup using my demo game file), it does seem to be setting related with the plugin and was unsure if anyone here has seen it before:
Thanks.
I legitimately wasn't aware I could search through specific threads on this website, lol. Not too used to the layout yet.
Will make sure to use that to its fullest when I come up with some other spells I can't do with my current plugins.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks.
I legitimately wasn't aware I could search through specific threads on this website, lol. Not too used to the layout yet.
Will make sure to use that to its fullest when I come up with some other spells I can't do with my current plugins.
No worries! I only just learned it too haha. When my IGMC entry is done I plan to post some of the js edits I did on here for people.

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there. These SRPG plugins seem to not be compatible with the 3d camera plugin.

Has anyone be able to overcome this?

EDIT : Also, how can I disable Counter Attacks ?

Last edited:

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there. These SRPG plugins seem to not be compatible with the 3d camera plugin.

Has anyone be able to overcome this?

EDIT : Also, how can I disable Counter Attacks
I imagine it might be awkward with 3d considering the necessary grid of the srpg engine. For disabling counter attacks I recommend reading through the script text in rpg maker for srpg_core. It gives you the command to add to the attack.

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the tip.

The icompatibility MV3D SRPG was not this obvious for me because it is "just" a camera tilt. The grid is still here.

I ran across the 7000 lines of the core.js and was not able to find where I can supress the counter. So I did the trick with the Uncounterable Attack plugin. It is ok for now.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the tip.

The icompatibility MV3D SRPG was not this obvious for me because it is "just" a camera tilt. The grid is still here.

I ran across the 7000 lines of the core.js and was not able to find where I can supress the counter. So I did the trick with the Uncounterable Attack plugin. It is ok for now.
Oh no! I'm so sorry I meant in the plugin manager. I distinctly remember there being a command like <no counter> or something that prevented it. But glad you found a way to make it work!

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use the special flag: Auto Battle on the actor's tab for said unit or give said unit a state that adds said flag.
been a while, but I did do that; however, now the game crashes with this once it's the autobattle character's turn to move(after I click wait) or the enemy's turn if autobattle is off. Been a while since I last edited the game, so not sure what happened.

"TypeError"
$game.Temp.RangeMoveTable is not a function.

***Oh. It looks like I was testing way back while turning off various plugins. This happened because rangecontrol was turned off I believe.

Although, not sure how for the rock cave demo map their autobattle continues indefinitely while mine ends after 1 turn if it looks the exact same way as the demo's state info. I couldn't even find the events where they applied the autobattle state to events 18, 17, 16.

Last edited:

e463gx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
been a while, but I did do that; however, now the game crashes with this once it's the autobattle character's turn to move(after I click wait) or the enemy's turn if autobattle is off. Been a while since I last edited the game, so not sure what happened.

"TypeError"
$game.Temp.RangeMoveTable is not a function.

***Oh. It looks like I was testing way back while turning off various plugins. This happened because rangecontrol was turned off I believe.

Although, not sure how for the rock cave demo map their autobattle continues indefinitely while mine ends after 1 turn if it looks the exact same way as the demo's state info. I couldn't even find the events where they applied the autobattle state to events 18, 17, 16.
Check your Autobattle State and make sure it isn't set to remove state after turns or action.

Klaytonio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent work so far, guys. I'm not sure if this was already addressed, but I'm trying to wrap my head around a mechanic I'd like to add called Attack of Opportunity that triggers when a unit moves away from an adjacent enemy that allows the enemy 1 free hit on the moving unit.

On that note, I'd also like to ask about triggering events in the middle of a unit's movements as well. For example: traps. I can usually do this manually by making a parallel event to trigger when a moving unit's x and y match with the trap, but the unit continues to move anyway even when inflicted a status like "unable to move" (lets pretend the trap is like a snare). I guess the challenge boils down to: is there a script call to force a unit's turn to end in this scenario the second they step on the snare trap?
Have you found the solution for this? I'm struggling with this too.

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how to make a magic spell hit from 1 range too when attacked by enemies?

I had a monster attack my magician with a magical tome/spell wielded and because I had the spell set as a replacement for an attack on the weapon they apparently always attacked first(as if they had the vantage skill from fire emblem).

If I remove that weapon skill to replace "attack" my magician counterattacks properly moving after the enemy but by swinging their weapon instead of casting the spell they should be casting.

Hadn't made an archer yet, but this would be in the similar boat.

***8/15/2022:
well I finally figured it out on my own...I couldn't make sense of the tutorial/game because it was in Japanese, so I was testing based on some guesses that were in English.

I had a custom weapon with specific notes for <weaponRange:X>
and <weaponMinRange:X>
finally; <srpgWeaponSkill:X>, so it it replaces the basic attack THEN
create the specific skill mentioned above and have it <srpgRange:-1> AND
a normal attack state applied...
still not sure why I was acting before the enemy unit when attacked in range 1, but it works properly. Now I can make archers now too with this!

Last edited:

Klaytonio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again friends. I have several questions that I need help with
1) Is it possible to do a ranged ricochet skill? That will bounce off to the closest enemy in certain range.
2) If not, is it possible to cast a specific skill from a specific position?
3) Is it possible to cast the effects of the skill with delay? Example: casting a meteor that should land on your next turn, damaging everyone around the cell, that you picked on a previous turn
4) I've made a poison effect however, if it kills someone, their body doesnt disappear even with
if a.isDead() { a.performCollapse(); } in a notetag. I'm using yep plugins and srpg_buffstatescore

Any advices would be very appreciated

SuzumiSou

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I'm new to RMMV and a bit confused by the home page, which files should I download among all the links to get the full experience? :)

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how the specific active player units take damage when stepping on the poison tiles in rock cave map for the demo/tutorial?

The srpg terrain effect plugin when turned on always give me the alert, "cannot read property 'length' of null" ,the moment I try to move any player character.

Also before even attempting to move, the terrain tag window plugin by shoukang isn't displaying anything when the cursor moves over specific tiles. I haven't changed the default settings of the plugin; I did change information/stats for specific terrain tags on the tileset I'm currently using, so I'm not sure why nothing appears like what's displayed on the gif from their website?

Kaillys

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just found the plugin and I adore it, but I cannot get it to actually work. I tried the demo and it works flawlessly.

I installed just the core plugin. I have set up a test scene with the following:
- Two events with the note tag <type:enemy> <id:8>
- One event with the note tag <type:actor> <id:0>

When running SRPGBattle Start, I just get:
"Type Error
Cannot read property 'match' of undefined"

Am I missing something?

I tried to set the actor ID to 1, but it said somewhere else in the forum that 0 would just choose the first available party member of something similar. As a secondary question, really, I'm trying to get it so that the spawn locations just put down the party members, not specific actor ID's, since the party will be changing a lot. Is there an easy way to do this?

Klaytonio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to check if there is an enemy in range of 2 around a certain event?

Also, Dopan's ForceAction plugin turns off <Custom Execution> skill notetag from Yanfly's skillcore. Anybody knows how to fix that?

Last edited:

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
down
Hey, I'm new to RMMV and a bit confused by the home page, which files should I download among all the links to get the full experience? :)
download shoukang's demo, then some of boomy's and dopan's plugins. it's in their github. the original post was never updated since may 8 2021

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) Is it possible to do a ranged ricochet skill? That will bounce off to the closest enemy in certain range.
2) If not, is it possible to cast a specific skill from a specific position?
3) Is it possible to cast the effects of the skill with delay? Example: casting a meteor that should land on your next turn, damaging everyone around the cell, that you picked on a previous turn
4) I've made a poison effect however, if it kills someone, their body doesnt disappear even with
if a.isDead() { a.performCollapse(); } in a notetag. I'm using yep plugins and srpg_buffstatescore
1. Ricochet is difficult as it would involve forcing another action after the first action. You could use a custom excution or after eval code (Yanfly Skill Core) to check if a nearby enemy is in range (b.event() gives us the $gameMap event data of the target and then you could use an interative loop to see if another enemy is in range - note the event() function requires Dr_Q's position/Range Effect plugins)

2. You can make a skill target any cell with <cellTarget> (again requires Dr_Q's plugins). I'm not sure wat you mean by casting a skill from a "specific position". If you want to make it that a particular skill can only be used on a particular tile, then use yanfly skill requirements (and then user user.event().posX() == X and user.event().posY() == Y as the condition)

3. Delayed skills is technically possible but I'm not too sure how to force an srpgAction (I think dopan had some plugins or comments on doing that). Alternatively you can make a mock event that occurs at the start of the turn that manually damages all units
- Create a <type:actorTurn> event
- Skill does nothing but it does store X and Y of targetted cell to $gameVariables. Use <cellTarget> and store X and Y with $gamePlayer.posX()/posY() which is the coordinates of the selected calls. Set a $gameSwitches true too
- Have a condition that if a switch is true, apply damage to nearby units based on stored X/Y variables.

4. Maybe try adding b.event().erase(). I think this will erase the event but if the player selects the last position of target 'b', it still shows their status window.
Am I missing something?

I tried to set the actor ID to 1, but it said somewhere else in the forum that 0 would just choose the first available party member of something similar. As a secondary question, really, I'm trying to get it so that the spawn locations just put down the party members, not specific actor ID's, since the party will be changing a lot. Is there an easy way to do this?
actor id = 0 requires shouKang battlePrepare plugin
How to check if there is an enemy in range of 2 around a certain event?

Also, Dopan's ForceAction plugin turns off <Custom Execution> skill notetag from Yanfly's skillcore. Anybody knows how to fix that?
Try afterEval

as for event within range... do you mean ANY enemy?
for (var i = 0; i < $gameSystem._EventToUnit.length; i++) {
if ($gameSystem._EventToUnit) {
if ($gameSystem._EventToUnit[0] == "enemy") {
if ($gameMap.event(i).distTo($gameMap.event(X).posX(), $gameMap.event(X).posY()) < Z) {
code
}
}
}
}

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried searching the forum and this thread, but is there a known compatibility issue with yanfly/other plugin makers menu plugins? From what I see the plugins seem to override the menu on the battle maps as well, making the plugin unusable. I plan to commission a menu script regardless, but was curious if anyone has ever had a workaround.

Last edited:

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do we "remove" units? like retreating after reaching a specific point, teleporting out, etc. enemy or ally

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syczewski