SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone has already made a patch for YEP Absorbtion Barrier and YEP Counter Control?
I need to make a sort of reactive system, instead of normal attacks counters.
I'd really need it, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to remove the attack command?

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to remove the attack command?
I did this by messing with the plugin "srpg_core.js".

If you open this plugin in an editor such as Notepad++, go to the line 4248 and you'll find the following paragraph:

"var _SRPG_Window_ActorCommand_makeCommandList = Window_ActorCommand.prototype.makeCommandList;
Window_ActorCommand.prototype.makeCommandList = function() {
if ($gameSystem.isSRPGMode() == true) {
if (this._actor) {
this.addAttackCommand();
this.addSkillCommands();
this.addItemCommand();
if (_srpgActorCommandEquip == 'true') {
this.addEquipCommand();
}
this.addWaitCommand();
}
} else {
_SRPG_Window_ActorCommand_makeCommandList.call(this);
}
};"

If you then delete the line I highlighted, the Attack command will vanish from the battle menu.

Keep in mind I can't code so maybe keep a backup of your srpg_core.js plugin, lol.

sipung

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
반갑습니다.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have one question. Can't you attack multiple enemies when using the skill?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not without writing your own extension plugin for it. Wouldn't be too hard, as those go, though- there's a single function that returns what a unit's movement range is, based on their class's base value and any bonuses or penalties, you could just replace the base value with "this.tp" or the a similar equation.
Hey Doktor_Q, I've decided I want to start poking around the code for this since I really want the TP movement feature. Can you tell me where this function is located? I tried searching in SRPG_core but a lot of the comments are in Japanese so I didn't want to accidentally break something.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vassim74 Game_Actor.prototype.srpgMove for the player characters, and Game_Enemy.prototype.srpgMove for enemies. The value it returns is the character's move range.

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Looks like I may have figured it out for player movement at least, but what equation would I use to subtract the number of spaces moved from TP and where would I insert it?

big_noob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MapBattle uses the battle damage popups directly, so it might already be compatible with some of the state popup / weakness / resistance plugins out there. I have not tested any yet, but it would be worth a try.
@Doktor_Q, sorry to bother you, but when you said this, did you have a specific plugin in mind? The one I'm using (Victor Engine's Damage Popup plugin) apparently isnt compatible with your Map Battle plugin

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q, sorry to bother you, but when you said this, did you have a specific plugin in mind? The one I'm using (Victor Engine's Damage Popup plugin) apparently isnt compatible with your Map Battle plugin
My understanding of Victor Engine is that it tends to not be compatible with other things in general, due to lot of core modifications. I think SmRndmDde had a popup plugin, and Hime might have as well?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A recommendation for those of us who are using Yanfly's hit accuracy plugin like I am- if you are using various elements to increase or alter accuracy above 100% or below 0% I recommend adding math.max and math.min clauses to the plug-in's accuracy formula so as to look more polished- otherwise it will show those ridiculous percentages.
for example:
Math.max(Math.min(skillHitRate * (userHitRate - targetEvadeRate), 1.00), .00)

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I have two questions.

Is it possible to skip battle scenes for certain actions, such as when an actor uses an item?

How do I add popup effect for HP/MP regeneration on map?

Thank you in advance.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Has anyone else got this bug with tall sprites?
1582644466441.png
. I beleive it's a plugin incompatibility but honestly I have no idea what to even look for.

The same seem to happen to the hit messages
1582644763018.png

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: also, I almost forgot: There's a problem using a gamepad. I guess it could be a problem on my end, with all the plugins that I have? But I doubt because I don't have any to change gamepad configurations. What happens is that B is always used to cancel actions, but when you are about to confirm using a skill, B suddenly stops working and you have to press Y instead (I tested using the keyboard and then it makes no difference because both are the ESC key). I imagine that this is an easy fix, but I have 0 coding knowledge :(

Last edited:

AustinLoudin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there is a way to add in a "Talk" command into the SRPG format.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone been getting this crash with LoS, during enemy turns? It happens often when I change something, then after I move the plugin around in the load order around it starts working again, and repeat. To be honest I'm not sure if it isn't a problem with the plugin order (Has @Doktor_Q posted one? i couldn't find it)
1583361448901.png

Oh also, has anyone managed to make summon and teleport skills with NoTargetSkill? I tried using the script in a common event, but it also crashes. Should I do something else? Thanks for all the help!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has anyone been getting this crash with LoS, during enemy turns? It happens often when I change something, then after I move the plugin around in the load order around it starts working again, and repeat. To be honest I'm not sure if it isn't a problem with the plugin order (Has @Doktor_Q posted one? i couldn't find it)
Oh also, has anyone managed to make summon and teleport skills with NoTargetSkill? I tried using the script in a common event, but it also crashes. Should I do something else? Thanks for all the help!
That is an odd error- I think I might have fixed it in my working copy, but I'll double check. I've been working on a larger-scale overhaul of a bunch of the plugins, including some updates to the actual latest version of the core plugin to let things like my AoE plugin work.

SRPG_PositionEffects.js replaces NoTargetSkill, and should make teleport skills incredibly easy. Summon skills need a bit more work, since you have to add your own code to make an event (probably using an event cloning plugin) and then use the srpg_Core script call to add an enemy or actor to it. Also, you can't add two of the same actor to your party at a time, so it ends up being kind of complex.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Dr Q, could you create an "Aura" plug-in that allow units to passively apply a state to nearby allies or enemies (or maybe both) within a certain range of themselves and ceases when the two are no longer in range of each other?

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just asking, is there a way to change the default counter attack skill for enemies ?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Give them a weapon with <srpgWeaponSkill:X> with X replaced with the item number of whatever skill you want it to use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#

Forum statistics

Threads
Members