Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm that didn't work...
I did a little tinkering and decide to delete <type:actor><id:1> and <type:enemy><id:1>, then readd one by one. Actor works, but enemy causes the crash.

Edit: Uploaded my plugin list.

1668915216813.png

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
i want to share, you can add a minimap compatible with srpg_converter courtesy of hinnichi from twitter. the image is from their project, and not mine. the recommended minimap plugin is is from mokusei penguin download here
1668936002937.png

I also found other plugins compatible

1. KZR_EnemyLevel -- this plugin allows you to set the enemy levels, class, item drop, weapon equip, armor equip. it wont be just text, but the stats from the level growth and item will be added. very easy to use

2. FELD_Random Names -- this plugin allows you to have random names for enemies just like in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in GBA

3. SRD_CopyActors -- this plugin allows you to have generic actors that can die in battle permanent. This is similar in Tactics Ogre.
** On side note, i have not tested where to place the permanent death or unit leave party when unit dies for srpg converter.. **

4. GALV_ActorEquipItems -- this plugin allows individual pocket items for each actor. increasing battle difficulty

I am still looking for other plugins where the FFTA skill learn system is compatible. douraku sofware already made many plugins from FFTA. There's also the weapon proficiency and class change. But I have not tested everything.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah I finally figured it out. After further investigating the demo, I find a ton of defining going on in enemy notes that I didn't do. Decide to copy and paste the work to test, and it rid of the match undefined problem.

Further going into it, it seems I need to make my character sheets standalone. Which is fine. Just wonder how I can center them the way the demo has them.

Also glad to know Sideview Battlers work in this demo off Yanflys Sideview Battler plugin. Want to primarily use Actors, for 90% of the fighters will be actors.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question. Does this plugin enable multiple different enemies or is it structured for just player and enemy phases?

Ex. Player phase, enemy 1 phase, enemy 2 phase, loop around. Or another idea be Player phase, enemy phase, guest/ally phase.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
sharing some battle layout.. default layout seems boring.. @boomy has github tutorial for the FE GBA one..

Fire Emblem Engage Nintendo Switch
damage prediction status window
1669192011174.png

battle status window
1669192125415.png

quick status window
1669192355251.png

Fire Emblem Heroes Mobile
1669192629434.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are trying to call the function "currentClass" on an enemy. Yanfly only provides Game_Actor with the currentClass function (why would Yanfly add classes to enemies when they are by default not allocated classes?). Either add the EnemyBaseParam plugin (also from Yanfly but I think it costs a pretty penny) or add the following function to anywhere in your srpg code:

//New Yanfly function (to allow draw class to work with enemies) #Boomy
Game_Enemy.prototype.currentClass = function () {
if (Imported.YEP_X_EnemyBaseParam) {
return $dataClasses[this.enemy().classId];
} else {
return this.enemy().meta.srpgClass;
}
};

I tried both this code in SRPG_core and:

@ XerxesSchneider
well i looked into your error img again, ..
like bommy sayd, your issue is related to the yep plugin trying to call enemy class..
Thats probably to draw the class name in the status window.
By default the srpg_core has a dummy class for enemys which can also be added with notetag.
(this dummy class is no real class it just stores the required class name for the enemy)
-> perhaps you dont have a notetag added? or set the core param (img in spoiler)
----
but like mentioned before you could also add real enemy classes with other plugins,
or you could try boomys solution..

I tried them both combined and separately, but I keep getting the same message. I checked to make sure I had <srpgClass: Enemy> on my enemies and the enemyDefaultClass is Enemy as well.

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried both this code in SRPG_core and:

I tried them both combined and separately, but I keep getting the same message. I checked to make sure I had <srpgClass: Enemy> on my enemies and the enemyDefaultClass is Enemy as well.
Are you saying that you are getting the same error that currentClass() is not a function? Is srpg_core under yanfly equip?

Try starting a database test battle (Troop tab) then open the console and type in:
$gameTroop._enemies[0].currentClass()

It should spit out the enemy's class

Alternatively, try:
Game_Enemy.prototype.currentClass = function () {
return $dataClasses[this.enemy().meta.srpgClass];
};
Make sure all enemies have a valid srpgClass if you go down this path

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
I have a question, how do you make these two effects:
1. All units at the beginning of the battle start with 0 MP, then gain 1 MP per turn.. unless they are affected by <no mp regen> state
2. Units gain TP only upon killing a unit?

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. All units at the beginning of the battle start with 0 MP, then gain 1 MP per turn.. unless they are affected by <no mp regen> state
you can change mp,tp ect with script..

you can also do that for Unit Groups
the script for gain mp on single battler is:
battleunit[1].gainMp(id);
in this script below..
and "id" is the mp amount, can be negative aswell..

for tp, hp ect its nearly the same code..
Screenshot_3.png
----------
However you probably want to set the battler stat "mp" to 0 instead:
battleunit[1]._mp = 0;

Screenshot_4.png
not sure, you probably need a check if target is dead after battleAction, before (gameTemp"target event") is cleared..
( in order to give "active event"-unit tp )

And of course you need to make sure that no skill can add tp and that at SRPG_battlestart there is no random tp added
(but i didnt do that before so idk)

Last edited:

ArkhamVI

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, this is a dumb question: Is it possible to use a custom hit formula plugin in tandem with this engine, such as either Yanfly's Custom Hit Formula plugin or Victor Sant's Hit Formula plugin?

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Okay, this is a dumb question: Is it possible to use a custom hit formula plugin in tandem with this engine, such as either Yanfly's Custom Hit Formula plugin or Victor Sant's Hit Formula plugin?
yes, but there's already a custom plugin extension for this battle system

TSUBAKI30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
okay, silly question here.I am a new RPG MAKER owner, never programed anything.
how can I creat a event that works when actors lose half of their health, like they will speak someting, or getting a debuff? I tried to use actor's health as variable, but seems only works on actorID1. Please help.

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
okay, silly question here.I am a new RPG MAKER owner, never programed anything.
how can I creat a event that works when actors lose half of their health, like they will speak someting, or getting a debuff? I tried to use actor's health as variable, but seems only works on actorID1. Please help.
you go to the sprg event for after actor turn, then add common events for each actor when they lose health they talk then apply buff.

the easiest would be use a custom state plugin that auto applies when health is below 50% and have it call the common event

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in addition to the info above:
Screenshot_1.png

there is "hp" and there is "mhp"
"mhp" is the max hp..

you can ask :
JavaScript:
if (battler.hp < battler.mhp) $gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(ID);

-> ID is the common event id
-> replace "battler" with one of the solutions below
( i only wrote battler as placeholder, because its shorter to write )

=> this will run a CE if the hp is lower than mhp

"battler" can be replaced with:

JavaScript:
$gameActors.actor(ActorID)

or the "battler" like on the Img :
(thats battleUnit can be actor or enemy)
JavaScript:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(eventID)[1]

if you use:
JavaScript:
$gameTemp.targetEvent().eventId()
for the eventID of the script above, then its always the active battler..

edit about -> $gameTemp.targetEvent()
but the active and target event get reseted and set to 0 at "after action".. so thats probably not usefull for your purpose

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. I use yanfly buff and states core that's modified. If you don't like the yanfly universe you could run an event using the turnEnd event tag and manually add mp to all units using a loop. You'll just have to remember to add this event to every srpg map

2. I use yanfly buff and states core. If you don't wanna use that then you would edit the srpg dead battler function and reward to tp the activeEvent

Dr_Applemango

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello i am here for a long time but is this plugin can works in MZ??
I knew this plugin Works only MV but i want to use MZ Too

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All units at the beginning of the battle start with 0 MP, then gain 1 MP per turn.. unless they are affected by <no mp regen> state
To be more specific, if you are using Yanfly Buff and States plugin, these are the changes I would make:

To YEP_BuffStatesCore.js:

Edit the notetag function (DataManager.processBSCNotetags1)
else if (['SRPG PHASE START'].contains(name)) { //SRPG Edit evalType = 'srpgPhaseStart';
The above example code will run the srpgPhaseStart function when SRPG PHASE START notetag is detected in a state.

Nowe need to find a place to run srpg phase start. I chose srpgStartActorTurn which is an srpg_core.js function. I basically call the same function then add

$gameSystem.SrpgActorsList().forEach(function (unit) { unit.srpgPhaseStart(); });

I do the same thing for enemies (srpgStartEnemyTurn)

We then need to make YEP_BuffStatesCore utilise this srpgPhaseStart() function (since it doesn't exist). This can be done by editing DataManager.initStateEval (another YEP_BuffStatesCore.js function). Add obj.customEffectEval['srpgPhaseStart'] = ''; to the list of "eval"

I then add the following NEW functions
Game_Battler.prototype.srpgPhaseStart = function () { var states = this.states(); var length = states.length; for (var i = 0; i < length; ++i) { var state = states[i]; if (state) this.srpgPhaseStartStateEffects(state.id); } }

Game_Battler.prototype.srpgPhaseStartStateEffects = function (stateId) { this.customEffectEval(stateId, 'srpgPhaseStart'); this.refresh(); };

Now you can have an effect play at the stat of the actors turn with a <Custom SRPG PHASE START> tag. I use this for a bunch of passive and active states (whether if its applying poison damage at the start of the user's turn or buffing strength if there is an adjacent ally or gaining health like regen). I find it better than using the "battle" related notetags since they don't require the unit to participate in a battle to activate (like custom respond effect or custom establish effect).

There is merit using an event based system however. You can "pause" the game with events (using the wait command) which allows you to move the camera to a unit with a "phase start" ability and maybe show an animation or display a message that they took 3 damage from poison. With yanfly, you are just running javascript code which doesn't like wait commands.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YLow