SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
My last question is how to disable a skill if enemy is affected with a certain state or make it unable to execute. From the past post it seems alot of ppl is having trouble with states.
(tried skill core but did not work)
Example is enemy has poison state, I am unable to use throw poison skill at the enemy.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just add in Poison State go to 'traits' add new one, go to skill section and select seal skill 'x'.
That should work.

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I think you misunderstand me, enemy is poisoned( have poison state), not me.
I wanted to have my skill sealed against him.
I think using poison is a bad example.
My other example is I got 2 skills. One is find weakness, the other is strike weakness ( skill disabled). If I cast find weakness on enemy, he has a weakness found state. My other skill strike weakness is than allowed to be cast on enemy with found weakness state.

I think this is the better example.

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, I have two things I want to do, so follow up:
first, I want to custom my battle HUD, I want to get rid of the AutoBattle option and I also want to add skills on the main battle menu without going to the skills option.
the other is more complex, I want to add a specific skill, similar to the aoe attack, I want to add a purely straight aoe attack for spearmen and gunmen.
1583607711955.png
this would be the range of an average spearman, the black square being the spearman and the red square where they would be able to attack using a "rook" style of range.
1583608018067.png
instead of attacking of one square I want them to attack of all units on those highlighted squares, like the spearman is impaling all of them, same for the other 3 sides.
I hope I get an answer.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstand me, enemy is poisoned( have poison state), not me.
I wanted to have my skill sealed against him.
I think using poison is a bad example.
My other example is I got 2 skills. One is find weakness, the other is strike weakness ( skill disabled). If I cast find weakness on enemy, he has a weakness found state. My other skill strike weakness is than allowed to be cast on enemy with found weakness state.

I think this is the better example.
Because the skills are selected before the target, it is currently impossible to do that. There's alternative approaches, though, such as making the skill so very little damage if the enemy is not poisoned, or the like.

@Yew Bowman Auto-battle is a plugin setting already, you can just turn it off.

As to the AoE you want, my AoE plugin will be able to do that, I just need to finish some things up. I'll try to get it released this week.

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I need to go inside the code? because I searched inside RPGMV on the plugin options and I can't find anything, I can only change names. Unless I am having an obsolete version.

EDIT: NVM, my dumbass just found out it was "srpgAutoBattleStateId", my bad.
Also I am eager to see what you come up to.

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Because the skills are selected before the target, it is currently impossible to do that. There's alternative approaches, though, such as making the skill so very little damage if the enemy is not poisoned, or the like.

As to the AoE you want, my AoE plugin will be able to do that, I just need to finish some things up. I'll try to get it released this week.
Thanks for the advise. I guess in this case I should put up a request to make skill core compatible or have a new plugin that checks skill requirement before pressing the execute button.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterkof OK, here is something,
You need Yanfly Damage Core.
This is from my project.
Easy way: if user (a) have state 63 and enemy (b) have state 64 it will deal attack x 6.
Code:
<Damage Formula>
value = (a.atk);
if (a.isStateAffected(63) && b.isStateAffected(64)) {
  value = Math.ceil(value * 6);
}
</Damage Formula>
This should be if enemy (b) has state 63 you deal damage x 3

Code:
<Damage Formula>
value = (a.atk);
if (b.isStateAffected(63)) {
  value = Math.ceil(value * 3);
}
</Damage Formula>
I think I helped

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At long last, I finally got all the plugins updated. The Github has been reorganized, using folders to sort things by type

SRPG_core.js is on the top level, based on the most recent version of the script from the original author. It's required for many of the plugins.

Patches has compatibility patches for other plugins, currently Yanfly's Cooldowns and Limited Skill Uses.

Functional has plugins that add new mechanics and options
  • SRPG_AoE adds a variety of shapes for your skills- circles, squares, lines, cones, and more!
  • SRPG_PositionEffects allows skills to push, pull, move side-to-side, swap, and teleport units.
  • SRPG_RangeControl adds line of sight, zone of control, and variable ranges, along with slightly better performance on large ranges
  • SRPG_StatBasedCounter links the ability to counter attack to the CNT / Counterattack stat, and integrates with SRPG_DirectionMod
Visual has plugins that affect how your game looks, but don't significantly change mechancs.
  • SRPG_MapBattle shows combat on the map instead of a battle scene
  • DRQ_EventMotions and SRPG_MapBattle_Motions put more animations in your map battle
  • SRPG_ShowPath draws an arrow showing the movement path
  • SRPG_QuickSelection SRPG_UX_Cursor lets the player cycle through targets, and skip targeting on certain skills, in addition to general selection improvements
  • SRPG_UX_Range replaces the normal movement and range highlighting with images that can be customized and even animated (compatible with SRPG_AoE)
  • SRPG_UX_Windows has some minor improvements for how the new status windows work
The folder also has several example png files for ShowPath and UX_Range, which you are free to use or modify for your games

As a general rule, place Patches directly below SRPG_core, then Functional plugins, and lastly Visual plugins.

Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q is ZoC a sort of Taunt skill?
Also, thanks to all things that you are doing to extend this plugin.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q is ZoC a sort of Taunt skill?
Also, thanks to all things that you are doing to extend this plugin.
A Zone of Control is vaguely similar to a taunt, but more analogous to lock, threat, or D&D's attack of opportunity range from other games. It stops enemies from moving through the spaces next to you (they can move into the square, but cannot move back out until next turn).

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@masterkof OK, here is something,
You need Yanfly Damage Core.
This is from my project.
Easy way: if user (a) have state 63 and enemy (b) have state 64 it will deal attack x 6.
Code:
<Damage Formula>
value = (a.atk);
if (a.isStateAffected(63) && b.isStateAffected(64)) {
  value = Math.ceil(value * 6);
}
</Damage Formula>
This should be if enemy (b) has state 63 you deal damage x 3

Code:
<Damage Formula>
value = (a.atk);
if (b.isStateAffected(63)) {
  value = Math.ceil(value * 3);
}
</Damage Formula>
I think I helped
Thanks alot. It would help in one of the skills that's I was planning "back up plan".
My original idea was to somehow disable the skills if enemy is not affected by 'whatever' state (Grey off).
For Srpg, what I could think off is the execute button which natural grey off if enemy is not within attack range.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At long last, I finally got all the plugins updated. The Github has been reorganized, using folders to sort things by type
Doktor_Q, I cannot thank you enough for all this work. If it wasn't for you I would be using some battle system that I knew wasn't right for my project, and I'm not sure if I would still be motivated to keep going with it.

Now, because I'm always doing something wrong, I have to ask yet again for some help that probably means I just have some plugin incompatibility in my project. I turned off all the previous SRPG plugins in my project, deleted them and added only the new ones from the Github, following your order recommendation. Testing them one by one, I was relieved to see that overall the battle system is working, but some plugins are crashing when I turn them on. Could you please help me figure out what is going on (or anyone else, really). I have nearly 0 JavaScript knowledge so I don't know where to begin looking:

SRPG_RangeControl
when I tried attacking an enemy:
1583800133287.png

SRPG_MapBattle_Motions
when I tried attacking an enemy, or just pressing stand (I've added <noMotions> to all the used skill, classes, actors, weapons, states and enemies) :
1583800797054.png

SRPG_QuickSelection
I can't show this one, but it's weird: When this plugin is on, I can't activate any "action button" events. The button itself still works tho, as I can still skip text in automatic/parallel events.

Thanks for all and any help!

Last edited:

decinbr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
brazil
Primarily Uses
How can I show damage popup outside battle as variable via script call?

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doktor_Q, I cannot thank you enough for all this work. If it wasn't for you I would be using some battle system that I knew wasn't right for my project, and I'm not sure if I would still be motivated to keep going with it.

Now, because I'm always doing something wrong, I have to ask yet again for some help that probably means I just have some plugin incompatibility in my project. I turned off all the previous SRPG plugins in my project, deleted them and added only the new ones from the Github, following your order recommendation. Testing them one by one, I was relieved to see that overall the battle system is working, but some plugins are crashing when I turn them on. Could you please help me figure out what is going on (or anyone else, really). I have nearly 0 JavaScript knowledge so I don't know where to begin looking:

SRPG_RangeControl
when I tried attacking an enemy:
Getting the same issue when using that plug-in.

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Doktor_Q
I really love your plugins but unfortunately SRPG_AoE is not compatible with my project while with the base SRPG works well.

Notetags are :
<srpgRange:9>
<srpgMinRange:1>
<srpgAreaRange:3>
<srpgAreaType:cross>
<doubleAction:false>

Do you have an idea why it happens?
A lot of your plugins does not work well with my project while the base demo works perfectly :/
I'm very sad because AoE control is the thing that would make me sting with Lecode TBS but this project is abandoned and I can feel the potential is not as great as this SRPG system.

(I'm using shaz change tile and my tileset tiles are 80x80 (default is 48x48))

Attachments

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Misappi are you using SRPG CORE ver. 1.26?
It's the latest one from japanese site
Site

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Doktor_Q
I really love your plugins but unfortunately SRPG_AoE is not compatible with my project while with the base SRPG works well.

Notetags are :
<srpgRange:9>
<srpgMinRange:1>
<srpgAreaRange:3>
<srpgAreaType:cross>
<doubleAction:false>

Do you have an idea why it happens?
A lot of your plugins does not work well with my project while the base demo works perfectly :/
I'm very sad because AoE control is the thing that would make me sting with Lecode TBS but this project is abandoned and I can feel the potential is not as great as this SRPG system.
You're using AreaAttack.js and SRPG_AoE.js, which is probably causing at least a few problems, as they're two different plugins trying to do the same job.

Also, make sure you're using the SRPG_core included on the github page, as it has several changes required for a lot of these plugins to work.

[EDIT]
SRPG_QuickSelect is replaced with SRPG_UX_Cursor, the version I was using that actually works! Uploaded the wrong version of that plugin initially.

SRPG_RangeControl should no longer crash when calculating the enemy's movement

DRQ_EventMotions / SRPG_MapBattle_motions shouldn't crash anymore. @Leon_Artmann if that crash persists, post your plugin order and any motion setup / notetags, and I'll try to figure out what's up with it.

Last edited:

Arteriam

. . .
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q When i use SRPG_UX_Range, i have HUGE, really HUGE freezes, when i click on a unit, when i try to move them, or look for an enemy movement points, i cant recall why this happens though, tried changing some plugin positions.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q When i use SRPG_UX_Range, i have HUGE, really HUGE freezes, when i click on a unit, when i try to move them, or look for an enemy movement points, i cant recall why this happens though, tried changing some plugin positions.
Normally those aren't caused by SRPG_UX_Range, but actually just by having a sufficiently large attack range + movement. Basically, when you select a unit, the game has to calculate every cell they could move to, then calculate every cell their attack could hit from every single tile they could be standing on.

A few things to help diagnose this:
1. Take a screenshot of your plugin list
2. Turn off SRPG_UX_Range- are you still getting the freeze, without anything else?
3. Wait for it to unfreeze, and take a screenshot of what the ranges look like (to get an idea of the move/attack sizes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades