. . .
- Dec 16, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
@Dotkor_Q it was just 4 move and 1 attack range, and yea when i turn off the SRPG_UX_Range, freezes are gone
Oh yes that's it my bad the conflict was betwenn SRPG_Area attack and SRPG_AoE!You're using AreaAttack.js and SRPG_AoE.js, which is probably causing at least a few problems, as they're two different plugins trying to do the same job.
Also, make sure you're using the SRPG_core included on the github page, as it has several changes required for a lot of these plugins to work.
SRPG_QuickSelect is replaced with SRPG_UX_Cursor, the version I was using that actually works! Uploaded the wrong version of that plugin initially.
SRPG_RangeControl should no longer crash when calculating the enemy's movement
DRQ_EventMotions / SRPG_MapBattle_motions shouldn't crash anymore. @Leon_Artmann if that crash persists, post your plugin order and any motion setup / notetags, and I'll try to figure out what's up with it.
Can you explain what you mean by that in more detail?Okay, something weird is happening when I try to use a weapon with a special range when it is combined with RangeControl- the engine seems to think that the weapon has unlimited range in the chosen special range.
1Can you explain what you mean by that in more detail?
- What does it display as? Screenshots are helpful.
- What notetags are you using on the weapon itself, and on the Attack skill?
- Can you actually use the skill on things at arbitrary distacnes?
Haha! Many thanks fine gentleman, this is what I was fighting for!At long last, I finally got all the plugins updated. The Github has been reorganized, using folders to sort things by type
SRPG_core.js is on the top level, based on the most recent version of the script from the original author. It's required for many of the plugins.
Patches has compatibility patches for other plugins, currently Yanfly's Cooldowns and Limited Skill Uses.
Functional has plugins that add new mechanics and options
Visual has plugins that affect how your game looks, but don't significantly change mechancs.
- SRPG_AoE adds a variety of shapes for your skills- circles, squares, lines, cones, and more!
- SRPG_PositionEffects allows skills to push, pull, move side-to-side, swap, and teleport units.
- SRPG_RangeControl adds line of sight, zone of control, and variable ranges, along with slightly better performance on large ranges
- SRPG_StatBasedCounter links the ability to counter attack to the CNT / Counterattack stat, and integrates with SRPG_DirectionMod
The folder also has several example png files for ShowPath and UX_Range, which you are free to use or modify for your games
- SRPG_MapBattle shows combat on the map instead of a battle scene
- DRQ_EventMotions and SRPG_MapBattle_Motions put more animations in your map battle
- SRPG_ShowPath draws an arrow showing the movement path
SRPG_QuickSelectionSRPG_UX_Cursor lets the player cycle through targets, and skip targeting on certain skills, in addition to general selection improvements
- SRPG_UX_Range replaces the normal movement and range highlighting with images that can be customized and even animated (compatible with SRPG_AoE)
- SRPG_UX_Windows has some minor improvements for how the new status windows work
As a general rule, place Patches directly below SRPG_core, then Functional plugins, and lastly Visual plugins.
well, I am having a couple of troubles now. First off, the Hide no EXP from UX_Windows doesn't work, I have it on "true" but the thing still shows upNormally those aren't caused by SRPG_UX_Range, but actually just by having a sufficiently large attack range + movement. Basically, when you select a unit, the game has to calculate every cell they could move to, then calculate every cell their attack could hit from every single tile they could be standing on.
A few things to help diagnose this:
1. Take a screenshot of your plugin list
2. Turn off SRPG_UX_Range- are you still getting the freeze, without anything else?
3. Wait for it to unfreeze, and take a screenshot of what the ranges look like (to get an idea of the move/attack sizes)
UX_Range has integration with AoE, but not AreaAttack, though I doubt that's the issue this time.Plugins, not all of them, but tell me if the order is not correct.
View attachment 136519
And then in-game, but toooooooo much freezes, couldnt make a better screenshot.
View attachment 136520
The freezes happen only when that SRPG_UX_Range plugin is activated btw.
Thanks in advance @Doktor_Q
Can you send me a zip of your project? These bugs are getting downright bizarre and I can't replicate most of them on my own projects, and it's difficult to investigate remotely.
Actually, do you have discord? i can add you and send there more screenshot, cuz i feel like Forum is generally slowerCan you send me a zip of your project? These bugs are getting downright bizarre and I can't replicate most of them on my own projects, and it's difficult to investigate remotely.
I'm getting the same crash with MapBattle_motions