MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MetalKing11417 I've seen that error before in vanilla, if no range was specified. I'll double check some things in the code, but in the meantime, can you send me a screenshot of your plugin order?
Here
rsyfG3H.png

B9Q3xnM.png

8aRz9Xy.png
I replaced the old Zone of control plug-in with your Range control because range control contains Zone of control.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MetalKing11417 I just edited my previous post with a version of RangeControl that has extra debugging information- could you download that, and show me what pops up in the console after you get the infinite / NaN range issue?

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Doktor_Q
I found an easy fix to this. I am using an plugin sample project from Ryan, but replaced old plugins with your versions. Every weapon without specified min-range will have infinite.
What I did is adding a <weaponMinRange:1> to every weapon (excluding those that I want to have for example <weaponMinRange:2> etc.) so it will limit them, making non-infinite range.
1584005639412.png

1584005709382.png

1584005745913.png

1584005782216.png
Also, would it be possible to make AoE skill make all enemies targeted in one battle scene, instead of one-by-one?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Krystek_My I don't know how I missed that. Pretty sure I can fix that in a couple minutes, thank you very much!

And unfortunately, no. I tried that initially, but too much of the SRPG_core system is built around having a single user and a single target for each skill to make it feasible.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann What I'm getting from looking into this, is that somehow, the units in your game are not actually normal events. Are you creating them with a plugin or script call rather than manually in the editor, or something? It might be a conflict or side effect with another plugin, considering the sheer number of them you have installed.

The infinite range thing is the "NaN" issue from before. I made a modified version of RangeControl that has some diagnostic messages added- can you download this, and tell me what shows up in the debug console when you run into the issue?

@Krystek_My 's solution actually worked for me: when I put <weaponMinRange:1> in weapons that didn't have any, the enemies started moving to attack once again. I used your modificed version of RangeControl anyway, and took the following print from my console (the modified version game me a HUUUGE lag that I never had btw, don't know if that is normal. that lag would happen everytime the game showed range. with long range weapons, it was much bigger). Anyhow, I guess I have a bunch of stuff to fix? But I don't really know where to begin

1584023408752.png1584023442918.png1584023476755.png1584023491910.png

1584024296335.png

thanks again (I'll keep saying thanks in every post until my corpse becomes a tree)

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to @Krystek_My I was finally able to pinpoint the issue- it should be fixed now. Basically, if your skill used weapon range, and you had a weapon equipped, it would try to use the minimum range of the weapon without checking whether the weapon had a minimum range, resulting in NaN. The github version of SRPG_RangeControl should now be fixed.

@Leon_Artmann: Based on that first set of errors in the console about DRQ_EventMotions, I made an update to that plugin to avoid errors from having nothing in the motion list- no idea if that will fix any of your other errors, but it's a thing.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to @Krystek_My I was finally able to pinpoint the issue- it should be fixed now. Basically, if your skill used weapon range, and you had a weapon equipped, it would try to use the minimum range of the weapon without checking whether the weapon had a minimum range, resulting in NaN. The github version of SRPG_RangeControl should now be fixed.
Seems to work correctly now.

thenerd12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has the on map battle feature been released?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has the on map battle feature been released?

There is not word on the official one (I imagine the opening post would be updated), but I wrote an extension that makes it work for the most part (SRPG_MapBattle).

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
I have some question about srpg_core.js 1.24+q version. Attack range is not shown when I choose a character. Both Ally and Enemy are same. Is it working correctly?

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Leon_Artmann: Based on that first set of errors in the console about DRQ_EventMotions, I made an update to that plugin to avoid errors from having nothing in the motion list- no idea if that will fix any of your other errors, but it's a thing.

everything seems fine now! It seems so easy to make really cool tactical battles now, I cannot thank you enough.

I do have a couple of questions, cause I'm probably overlooking something: am I setting up the teleport skill wrong? I thought it was a problem with the system not recognizing cells as empty (actor does the skill but doesn't change place) but "a.swap(b)" , "a.push(b, 1);" and "a.forward(5)" are all working fine.

1584058212592.png

another thing: I keep getting animation 52 before when this skill is used but... animation is set as None in the database? I tried using other skill slots too, but it seems to happen everytime a damage formula from the PositionEffects plugin... has this happened with anyone else?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
everything seems fine now! It seems so easy to make really cool tactical battles now, I cannot thank you enough.

I do have a couple of questions, cause I'm probably overlooking something: am I setting up the teleport skill wrong? I thought it was a problem with the system not recognizing cells as empty (actor does the skill but doesn't change place) but "a.swap(b)" , "a.push(b, 1);" and "a.forward(5)" are all working fine.

another thing: I keep getting animation 52 before when this skill is used but... animation is set as None in the database? I tried using other skill slots too, but it seems to happen everytime a damage formula from the PositionEffects plugin... has this happened with anyone else?

It should be a.teleport("jump"), with quotes, otherwise it'll have an error and won't execute. If the skill does no damage, I prefer to put it in a yanfly skill core notetag rather than the damage formula, for nicer organization.

The animation is most likely because you have a cast animation configured in YEP Battle Engine Core for one of your skill types.

@ssalum Make sure everyone has an attack range defined, by a combination of the "attack" skill and the weapon's range- I'd suggest starting with the demo project in the first post, then replace the SRPG_core with my version to make sure things work. Setting up the system in a project isn't complicated, but the demo gives a lot of good examples of how to do common things like different types of attacks, cutscenes, and combat events.

Last edited:

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should be a.teleport("jump"), with quotes, otherwise it'll have an error and won't execute. If the skill does no damage, I prefer to put it in a yanfly skill core notetag rather than the damage formula, for nicer organization.

The animation is most likely because you have a cast animation configured in YEP Battle Engine Core for one of your skill types.

@ssalum Make sure everyone has an attack range defined, by a combination of the "attack" skill and the weapon's range- I'd suggest starting with the demo project in the first post, then replace the SRPG_core with my version to make sure things work. Setting up the system in a project isn't complicated, but the demo gives a lot of good examples of how to do common things like different types of attacks, cutscenes, and combat events.

Oh! I find my problem! I makes srpgBestSerchRouteSize is '0', so attack range is not exeressed. Thanks for your works!

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
I have another problem about AOE.
aoe_problem1.png
That enemy is in AOE, but out of skill range. In this case,
aoe_problem2.png
I can't use skill.
I think if object in AOE, skill can be used, even if out of skill range. Or, Have I some mistake?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum That should be the case, yes- I'll look into it to make sure, I might need to make a quick fix, as I normally set the preview mode to 3 (skip confirmation, just use the skill directly), which doesn't have that issue.

thenerd12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is not word on the official one (I imagine the opening post would be updated), but I wrote an extension that makes it work for the most part (SRPG_MapBattle).
Thank you

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

thanks! and sorry for asking silly stuff. Just to let you know, the "jump" skill still didn't work, even with quotes, in the damage formula. as a lunatic notetag, it did :)

EDIT: dang, I'll have to ask another silly question: am I setting up DirectionalAnimation wrong? I keep getting no animation in this one, for example (I've also tried with spaces: <directionalAnimation: 290> ,etc):

1584096745918.png

Last edited:

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Doktor_Q
Is it possible to add LoS to weapons, for ex. Bow weapon have LoS, so basic attack will have LoS?

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Doktor_Q If I want to use teleport skill, that damages nearby enemies, is it bossible to teleport before mini-battle scene started?
I was trying <before eval> from YEP_Skill core, but it isn't working (user is teleporting, but after battle scene).

Also
Not without plugins, and I'm not familiar with one that already does it off the top of my head.
In the example I gave you make a "fake" death state that grants the character immunity to actual death, which works, so I think the next best option would be to change you game over condition from "is # of alive actors 0" to something like "do all actors in battle have the psuedo-death state?" One of the advantages of SRPG_Core is that you make your own win/loss/etc concepts via eventing, and end the battle when you choose.
I have a question, how to add that state? Is there any code that would check if someone in the party was killed add pseudo-death state that resist true Death State.
Code:
if ($gameParty.members().some(function(a){return a.isStateAffected(1)})) {|a| a.add_state(15)} else {}
I found this code, but it isn't working.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Can't believe it's been a year since I woke up with 70% of my sight gone. Feels like I just started grieving and adjusting. I'm happy I can still do many things, but at times also frustrated at all the things I have to do different now
One day until Avery's calendar.... :kaojoy:
If I didn't miss one, we will have four amazing resource calendars this year: @Guardinthena 's, @GalacticGod 's, the one on the German forum and mine. Make sure you don't miss the goodies! ;D
Bex
Nearly forgot to Upgrade RMMZ to the newest Steam Beta Version before starting a new Project. I would have had to search again on how to Update the Game Folder manualy.
Problem avoided :)
*practicing Yomato Man's theme on my guitar*

Sweety: "Aw are you going to serenade me?" <3 <3

See this is how I know I've found my soul mate XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polyaness