Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks! and sorry for asking silly stuff. Just to let you know, the "jump" skill still didn't work, even with quotes, in the damage formula. as a lunatic notetag, it did :)

EDIT: dang, I'll have to ask another silly question: am I setting up DirectionalAnimation wrong? I keep getting no animation in this one, for example (I've also tried with spaces: <directionalAnimation: 290> ,etc):

Yes, that is used incorrectly. You place a single directionalAnimation notetag, with only the one number for the down-facing animation- it will use the next three in line for the other directions. So, <directionalAnimation:290> will use 290 when facing down, 291 when facing left, 292 when facing right, and 293 when facing up.

I also forgot one silly quirk with cellTarget skills- If you're using the normal battle scene, the damage formula won't trigger unless the skill is capable of targeting an allied unit due to how targeting works. Of course, even if you set it to "user" it will still let you target your allies, so...
If you're using mapBattle it works even if you set the scope to None.

@Doktor_Q
Is it possible to add LoS to weapons, for ex. Bow weapon have LoS, so basic attack will have LoS?

LoS has the same rules as special ranges- it's applied to skills, not directly to weapons. There's a notetag in srpg_core to change the basic attack skill for each weapon, though, which is how I've handled, for example, a weapon without LoS, or that can fire in eight directions instead of four- making an alternate Attack skill for each unique weapon behavior.

@Doktor_Q If I want to use teleport skill, that damages nearby enemies, is it bossible to teleport before mini-battle scene started?
I was trying <before eval> from YEP_Skill core, but it isn't working (user is teleporting, but after battle scene).

Unfortunately, every piece of code related to the skill is executed within the battle scene itself, so I'm not sure that's feasible- maybe you could do some shenanigans with the "before battle" map event and trying to check what skill was selected, but I suspect that'd be rather complicated.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Doktor_Q
I have made a "Death's door" like skill by you, but what script should I insert to make a chance that actor will survive the damage. I mean I know that I can do it with variables, but I don't know a sript to take a random variable from 1-10, and if variable >5 you survive next hit, less than 5 you die.
Here is your code, thanks in advance
Code:
*Drop first, die if hit again*
<Custom React Effect>
if (this.isHpEffect() && value >= b.hp) {
if (b.hp > 0) b.addState(4);
else if (value > 0) b.removeState(4);
}
</Custom React Effect>

*Received healing*
<Custom Respond Effect>
if (b.hp > 0) b.removeState(4);
</Custom Respond Effect>

*Healed via lifesteal, etc.*
<Custom Establish Effect>
if (b.hp > 0) b.removeState(4);
</Custom Establish Effect>

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that is used incorrectly. You place a single directionalAnimation notetag, with only the one number for the down-facing animation- it will use the next three in line for the other directions. So, <directionalAnimation:290> will use 290 when facing down, 291 when facing left, 292 when facing right, and 293 when facing up.

Like this, right? Still not working...

1584118298857.png
animations are all set:
1584118355078.png

But I keep getting the "no animation", or whatever animation is choosen in the editor, instead of the notetags ones. <targetAnimation:X> works fine tho

thanks!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann Woops, had a typo in the code for directional animations. SRPG_MapBattle has been updated with a fix!

@Krystek_My what you're asking for is a 50% chance of not removing the Death's Door state on a hit. So, we'll tweak the line that removes the state upon taking more damage and add a random element to it using javascript's Math.random():

Code:
<Custom React Effect>
else if (value > 0 && Math.random() > 0.5) b.removeState(4);
}
</Custom React Effect>

Since Math.random() returns a decimal number somewhere between 0 and 1, it's convenient to check percent chances with it. If you wanted to have a 25% chance of surviving, you'd use 0.25 instead of 0.5, and so on.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum I uploaded a fix to SRPG_AoE to resolve the problem, thanks for reporting it!

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann Woops, had a typo in the code for directional animations. SRPG_MapBattle has been updated with a fix!

Working great! Thank you so much

I know I'm exhausting your generosity here, but maybe even someone else could help me out with this... has anyone made a cool summoning skill? I've been trying to combine commands from PositionEffects and YEP Move route core, but so far no sucess. I'm basically just trying to move an event to "player" (the cursor) position, but I must be setting it up wrong because the teleport doesnt happen (haven't even tried the whole event respawn thing for now)

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working great! Thank you so much

I know I'm exhausting your generosity here, but maybe even someone else could help me out with this... has anyone made a cool summoning skill? I've been trying to combine commands from PositionEffects and YEP Move route core, but so far no sucess. I'm basically just trying to move an event to "player" (the cursor) position, but I must be setting it up wrong because the teleport doesnt happen (haven't even tried the whole event respawn thing for now)

I've been dabbling with it myself- it's a bit tricky. How are you trying to teleport the event to the cursor? There's quite a few things that could be going wrong, but the solution depends on what you're doing in the first place.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum I uploaded a fix to SRPG_AoE to resolve the problem, thanks for reporting it!
I check SRPG_AoE, it works correctly if skill range is not '0'. But if skill range is '0', AoE doesn't work, as far as I tested. I found this problem occur when I use SRPG_UX_Cursor. Sorry to bother you. Many SRPG has AoE skill range is '0'. So I want this problem will be solved.

And I find other problem in SRPG_AoE. If I use more two AoE skill at same place, second and third used skill makes an effect only one object, AoE ignored.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I check SRPG_AoE, it works correctly if skill range is not '0'. But if skill range is '0', AoE doesn't work, as far as I tested. I found this problem occur when I use SRPG_UX_Cursor. Sorry to bother you. Many SRPG has AoE skill range is '0'. So I want this problem will be solved.

And I find other problem in SRPG_AoE. If I use more two AoE skill at same place, second and third used skill makes an effect only one object, AoE ignored.

That's odd, my zero-range AoEs seem to be working just fine. What settings are you using on your zero-range AoE? Can you post a screenshot of the skill page? What parameters are you using on SRPG_UX_Cursor?

As to the second one, I'll look into it a bit more, since it also seems to be working fine for me.

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been dabbling with it myself- it's a bit tricky. How are you trying to teleport the event to the cursor? There's quite a few things that could be going wrong, but the solution depends on what you're doing in the first place.

I managed to make it work... kinda, because in my game I won't actually need to summon actors or enemies. What I am trying to do now, is to have a skill where player can summon obstacles (the problem with that is that enemies wouldn't attack the obstacles to clean a path, even if they were attackable) or an event that deals damage and/or gives a state to actors and enemies that walk over it. The thing is, I had no luck finding a way to make an event (let's say, a summoned "fire ground") deal damage to the correct actor/enemy. Any ideas on that? Also, for the obstacles, it would be cool if I could use actors instead of events, buuuut even if you put "cannot move" as the restriction of the "autobattle" state, the obstacle still get a quick action round (camera centers in the obstacle, since it's an actor). anyway to skip the turn of an actor entirely? Maybe in the future?

Another suggestion if you ever feel like adding stuff in the future: What about a "priority" of attack for enemies? Right now we can use <mode:aimingActor> but it is limited to a single target, right? it would be amazing if there was a "priority order" (tho I imagine it can be quite tricky) so that, for example, we can create actors that are just obstacles, and they have very low priority (where enemies would only attack them if they can't reach the other actors, with higher priority)

I'll quit my babbling now. thanks again haha

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another suggestion if you ever feel like adding stuff in the future: What about a "priority" of attack for enemies? Right now we can use <mode:aimingActor> but it is limited to a single target, right? it would be amazing if there was a "priority order" (tho I imagine it can be quite tricky) so that, for example, we can create actors that are just obstacles, and they have very low priority (where enemies would only attack them if they can't reach the other actors, with higher priority)

Actually, that sort of already exists- if an enemy can reach multiple targets for a skill, they pick a target randomly based on Target Rate (TGR), the same as they would in a normal, non-SRPG battle. If you set something to have a TGR of 0%, it will be ignored unless there's nothing else in range.

Also, have you tried setting the "obstacle" actors to "cannot move", but also not auto-battle? It should just ignore them entirely, since player controlled actors don't get individual "turns," and it moves to NPCs and enemies once none of the player units can move (either disabled or using up their turns).

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's odd, my zero-range AoEs seem to be working just fine. What settings are you using on your zero-range AoE? Can you post a screenshot of the skill page? What parameters are you using on SRPG_UX_Cursor?

As to the second one, I'll look into it a bit more, since it also seems to be working fine for me.

Range '0' problem is my mistake about the second one. Same AoE skill using Same character, second used skill effect only one object that is in skill used place. This problem does not matter SRPB_UX_Cursor.
Here a exemple is.
aoe_problem3.png
first skill works well..

aoe_problem4.png
Second skill ignore AoE, only one character(blue hair one) effected this skill.
I find this problem occur not always. If I use two skill very quicly, Probability of this problem is high.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Range '0' problem is my mistake about the second one. Same AoE skill using Same character, second used skill effect only one object that is in skill used place. This problem does not matter SRPB_UX_Cursor.
Here a exemple is.
View attachment 136861
first skill works well..

View attachment 136862
Second skill ignore AoE, only one character(blue hair one) effected this skill.
I find this problem occur not always. If I use two skill very quicly, Probability of this problem is high.

To check a few things:
You're using SRPG_AoE and not also using SRPG_AreaAttack, correct?
Are these skills used within the same turn? If so, what method are you using tow use two skills in one turn? There are several ways, that might have different effects.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To check a few things:
You're using SRPG_AoE and not also using SRPG_AreaAttack, correct?
Are these skills used within the same turn? If so, what method are you using tow use two skills in one turn? There are several ways, that might have different effects.
I use SRPG_AreaAttack for other skill, but not for AoE skill. Of course I use skills within the same turn.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use SRPG_AreaAttack for other skill, but not for AoE skill. Of course I use skills within the same turn.

The two plugins are incompatible, you can't have both active at the same time. They have conflicting definitions of several functions. SRPG_AoE should have all the functionality from SRPG_AreaAttack, with how it was designed.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The two plugins are incompatible, you can't have both active at the same time. They have conflicting definitions of several functions. SRPG_AoE should have all the functionality from SRPG_AreaAttack, with how it was designed.
Oh, I misunderstand SRPG_AreaAttack for SRPG_AgiAttackPlus. I don't use SRPG_AreaAttack. Maybe my problem has nothing to do with SRPG_AreaAttack.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I misunderstand SRPG_AreaAttack for SRPG_AgiAttackPlus. I don't use SRPG_AreaAttack. Maybe my problem has nothing to do with SRPG_AreaAttack.

Can you post a picture of what the problem skill looks like in the database? So I can see the notetags, effects, etc. and try to test it on my end.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Krystek_My what you're asking for is a 50% chance of not removing the Death's Door state on a hit. So, we'll tweak the line that removes the state upon taking more damage and add a random element to it using javascript's Math.random():

Code:
<Custom React Effect>
else if (value > 0 && Math.random() > 0.5) b.removeState(4);
}
</Custom React Effect>

Since Math.random() returns a decimal number somewhere between 0 and 1, it's convenient to check percent chances with it. If you wanted to have a 25% chance of surviving, you'd use 0.25 instead of 0.5, and so on.
May I ask you one thing? Would be possible to make for example a trinket so actor will have 0.25 chance of survival, instead of 0.5 chance for those who don't have it?

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post a picture of what the problem skill looks like in the database? So I can see the notetags, effects, etc. and try to test it on my end.
aoe_problem5.png
aoe_problem6.png
aoe_problem7.png

aoe_problem8.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meshowz