Ghermanz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have to try this, this can be incredibly good for android.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May I ask you one thing? Would be possible to make for example a trinket so actor will have 0.25 chance of survival, instead of 0.5 chance for those who don't have it?

It's code, so you can do a lot with it. You can use variables (v[variablenumberhere]) or actor stats (b.luk, b.cev, etc.) in place of or in addition to the 0.5 number, add more random numbers if you're a fan of bell curves and statistics, or really anything else you've seen done in a lunatic mode state.

You could even make one that modifies it if they have a specific item equipped, but that has a downside of being a fairly long line, and getting really obnoxiously lengthy if you have more than one item that can modify it. I'd personally suggest picking a parameter, ex parameter, or sp parameter and basing their survival chance on that.

@ssalum I made a few adjustments to SRPG_AoE that might have fixed the issue, but I can't reproduce it locally to try and test anyway. If it's still happening, there's probably a conflict with one of your other plugins.

Last edited:

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's code, so you can do a lot with it. You can use variables (v[variablenumberhere]) or actor stats (b.luk, b.cev, etc.) in place of or in addition to the 0.5 number, add more random numbers if you're a fan of bell curves and statistics, or really anything else you've seen done in a lunatic mode state.

You could even make one that modifies it if they have a specific item equipped, but that has a downside of being a fairly long line, and getting really obnoxiously lengthy if you have more than one item that can modify it. I'd personally suggest picking a parameter, ex parameter, or sp parameter and basing their survival chance on that.

@ssalum I made a few adjustments to SRPG_AoE that might have fixed the issue, but I can't reproduce it locally to try and test anyway. If it's still happening, there's probably a conflict with one of your other plugins.

Oh, Maybe My other plugins have a conflict, but I don't know which plugins have problem. So I must use old version SRPG_AreaAttack. If I use SRPG_RangeControl and SRPG_AreaAttack, Area range is not visible. Can I solve this problem?

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, Maybe My other plugins have a conflict, but I don't know which plugins have problem. So I must use old version SRPG_AreaAttack. If I use SRPG_RangeControl and SRPG_AreaAttack, Area range is not visible. Can I solve this problem?

SRPG_AreaAttack is made by someone else, and is not compatible with several of my plugins.

The typical way to identify which plugin is causing the issue is to shut off the other plugins and try re-enabling them one by one to see when the problem comes back. You want to using the fewest number of plugins you can have active and still have the problem.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, that sort of already exists- if an enemy can reach multiple targets for a skill, they pick a target randomly based on Target Rate (TGR), the same as they would in a normal, non-SRPG battle. If you set something to have a TGR of 0%, it will be ignored unless there's nothing else in range.

Also, have you tried setting the "obstacle" actors to "cannot move", but also not auto-battle? It should just ignore them entirely, since player controlled actors don't get individual "turns," and it moves to NPCs and enemies once none of the player units can move (either disabled or using up their turns).

That worked great! Adding summonable obstacles really brings a new layer of strategy, thank you so much.

I have a few quick questions:
- Can I deactivate an actor's range completely somehow? My obstacles cannot move so the battle system already skips their turns, but when player "clicks" on the obstacles with the cursor, it shows a 1 square range for it, even tho it can't actually attack or do anything

- Is there an easy way for me to change the font that the damage popups use? I couldn't find any parameters for it, and it's not using my current gamefont

- In the future, any chance that movement could subtract TP? As in: unit moves 1 square, loses 1 TP. Moves 2 squares, loses 2 TP. It would be cool to everyone who uses TP as Stamina. Making St necessary for both attacking and movement would bring some more strategy to battle, as player would have to choose between attacking or moving.

- Can an actor block the way of another's actor? I couldn't find this in the parameters either. I know it's not common in strategy games, but having a notetag to do that would allow the "obstacles" to work better.

as always, thanks!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- Can I deactivate an actor's range completely somehow? My obstacles cannot move so the battle system already skips their turns, but when player "clicks" on the obstacles with the cursor, it shows a 1 square range for it, even tho it can't actually attack or do anything

I was going to suggest just giving them a range of 0 via weapon notetags, but I actually had a funny idea- you could give them a weapon with no specified range (the same thing that caused that NaN issue before). If they actually got a turn they'd be able to target wherever they wanted, but NaN should have a side effect of drawing nothing at all.

I think I might add some stuff to RangeControl to make this easier, like default range, and maybe unarmed range settings for actors / classes.

- Is there an easy way for me to change the font that the damage popups use? I couldn't find any parameters for it, and it's not using my current gamefont

By default, the damage popups are actually sprites, built from a sheet you can find in the img/system folder. I think there's pop-up modifying plugins that make it use an actual font that should work with MapBattle, though I have not tested them myself.

- In the future, any chance that movement could subtract TP? As in: unit moves 1 square, loses 1 TP. Moves 2 squares, loses 2 TP. It would be cool to everyone who uses TP as Stamina. Making St necessary for both attacking and movement would bring some more strategy to battle, as player would have to choose between attacking or moving.

That doesn't quite fit into any of the stuff I have right now, but I might look into it later. I haven't touched the code for normal movement in quite a while, so I can't say offhand how complex it'd be.

- Can an actor block the way of another's actor? I couldn't find this in the parameters either. I know it's not common in strategy games, but having a notetag to do that would allow the "obstacles" to work better.

That's not a bad idea. Might put that in RangeControl as well, since I already have all the controls like that for LoS mechanics. Could also have a tag to make enemies who don't block movement, like flyers or ghosts or the like.

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_AreaAttack is made by someone else, and is not compatible with several of my plugins.

The typical way to identify which plugin is causing the issue is to shut off the other plugins and try re-enabling them one by one to see when the problem comes back. You want to using the fewest number of plugins you can have active and still have the problem.

I was test SRPG_AOE in demo game. I changed SRPG_CORE to new one. There was a problem ignoring AoE. I find something. This error occur when I use mouse. When I use keyboard, this error is not occur as I know. I think mouse control occur some error for SRPG_AOE.
aoe_problem9.png

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum I'll keep looking into it, and make an update when I can isolate the problem. I think I found and fixed the issue, updated the version on Github.

In other news, new updates!
  • SRPG_RangeControl has two new sets of options- more options for default weapon ranges, and the ability to control which units block each other's movements.
  • SRPG_ShowPath got a very minor fix to a visual issue when allowed to move through enemy units (see above).
  • [EDIT] SRPG_AoE got a fix for mouse controls, and possibly other cases where AoE skills would only hit one target.

Last edited:

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum I'll keep looking into it, and make an update when I can isolate the problem. I think I found and fixed the issue, updated the version on Github.

In other news, new updates!
  • SRPG_RangeControl has two new sets of options- more options for default weapon ranges, and the ability to control which units block each other's movements.
  • SRPG_ShowPath got a very minor fix to a visual issue when allowed to move through enemy units (see above).
  • [EDIT] SRPG_AoE got a fix for mouse controls, and possibly other cases where AoE skills would only hit one target.
Wonderful! I find no error in SRPG_AoE now! Thank for you great works!
May I have some request about SRPG_AoE? I want make item or state about Area range plus likes SRPG_RangeControl. Old version, AreaAttack, I made this option so easy, but new version is difficult.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added a new visual plugin, SRPG_DirectSkill, which skips the normal actor menu directly to the skill type of your choice, while formatting the skill list to look more like that actor menu. It also has options to insert the unit's "attack" and "guard" skills into any list, and specific integration with YEP_EquipBattleSkills.

It doesn't really support using items or changing equipment, so it's not right for every game- it's a small plugin I made for my own project, and polished up a bit so other people could use.

[EDIT] Fixed a bug from when I renamed the plugin that made it unable to read parameters. If you downloaded it before, grab the new version and it will actually work!

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Doktor_Q , here I am again with some random and silly questions:

- Has Target Rate been working normally with you? I've tested a lot but it seems to have no effect in my project - enemies will always attack the closest actor, no matter what.

- I've run with a small bug when RangeControl has 'block friends' ON. If I move, choose a skill and, before confirming target, cancel skill and the movement, the one square where I "considered" to move to becomes blocked, as if there was still an actor there. In the second image, the square where my cursor is should be red, just like the one on its left (I also have LoS blocking friends), like in the first image:
1584564036668.png
1584564063209.png

- I'm gonna make another suggestion, because you spoil me: right now SRPG doesn't change anything on Floor Damage, right? I thought it would be cool if notetags could be used on an actor/event (or both) to cause damage when someone walks through them (maybe even activate a skill on the person walking) that would allow, for example, to have summonable obstacles such as fire ground or poison cloud, where units can still walk through it, but lose HP, even if they don't "stand" above it (like terrain damage works by default). the advantage of creating this type of obstacle with actors insteaad of events is that they are attackable (so, for example, you can put out a fire ground by using a water spell). However I know some people could prefer events due to the complications of having more than 1 actor in the map etc

thanks for all and any help!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann Target rate only comes into play if there's multiple targets within range on the current turn, and it's pretty hard to notice the effects unless you change things massively. If there's no targets within their immediate range, they'll move towards the closest target regardless of target rate.

I updated SRPG_RangeControl with a fix- the problem was that the active unit counted as an obstacle to its own movement, and the range is recalculated while the unit is at the post-movement position.

As to floor damage, SRPG_core actually changes how floor damage works a little, but doesn't give you direct control over it- I might write a very small plugin that lets you write your own damage formula, at least. Triggering it via events, actors, etc. gets into the idea of an "aura" or "field effect" plugin, which would be another fairly large project, like AoEs or MapBattle.

Also, there's a few problems with making effects trigger during movement, instead of at the end of a turn:
  1. You can undo movement easily, but undoing damage or other effects is very difficult
  2. While there could be multiple routes to the same space, the player has no influence over which path is taken- if it runs them over a damage tile unnecessarily, they're going to get mad
  3. If something results in the character's movement stopping unexpectedly while they're in someone else's space, and their event is not erased, it can cause weird complications- the engine isn't built to handle two units on a single space..

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q I find error in SRPG_AoE.
1584599169131.jpg
First. Select skill
1584599172519.jpg
In this screen, cancel skill
1584599178135.jpg
And use commend 'wait'.
1584599232847.jpg
Occur error.

Cancel AoE skill occur error I think...

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum Thanks, found the issue and fixed it. The version on the github should be up-to-date now.

[EDIT] Added a new plugin- SRPG_FloorDamage
It lets you change the formula, element, and animation displayed when a unit stops on a damage tile during an SRPG battle, and adds notetags to change all three for specific maps or tilesets. You could even make "healing floors" that do negative damage, and show a recovery animation.

Lastly, you can use the <damageFloor> tag on events to treat their space as a damage tile, if you, for example, wanted to add spiked floors or something.

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ssalum Thanks, found the issue and fixed it. The version on the github should be up-to-date now.

It lets you change the formula, element, and animation displayed when a unit stops on a damage tile during an SRPG battle, and adds notetags to change all three for specific maps or tilesets. You could even make "healing floors" that do negative damage, and show a recovery animation.

Lastly, you can use the <damageFloor> tag on events to treat their space as a damage tile, if you, for example, wanted to add spiked floors or something.

That's AWESOME. thank you a thousand times.

Btw, I think there might be an incompatibility between one of your plugins (my guess would be PositionEffects) and Yanfly's Move Route Core, because I just noticed that Move Core's "teleport" command is no longer working for me. I'm not sure if you even plan on keeping them compatible, but just thought that I should let you know.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Btw, I think there might be an incompatibility between one of your plugins (my guess would be PositionEffects) and Yanfly's Move Route Core, because I just noticed that Move Core's "teleport" command is no longer working for me. I'm not sure if you even plan on keeping them compatible, but just thought that I should let you know.

Which teleport specifically? I can't find any incompatibilities so far.

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which teleport specifically? I can't find any incompatibilities so far.
damn, never mind, something else is causing it, because it worked fine in a different map. sorry about that

hey, in FloorDamage, all I have to do to make an event work as floor damage is to put <damageFloor> in the notetag, right? I got regular terrain damage (the tileset ones) working perfectly with the plugin's damage formula, element and animation, but events aren't working for some reason...

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Leon_Artmann The event also needs to have any graphic- much like Objects, if you switch them to have a sprite of none, they "turn off."

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Good! I checked issue, and find no error anymore! Thanks for your work!

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
Can I use this Srpg Engine's plug-in to make a game like Langrisser?langrisser-2.jpg

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame