MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Speaking of Aoe, (please note that I am not using either your rate based counters or map battle plugin) If a unit casts an aoe spell and is killed in a counter attack, the game will continue attempting to cast the spell. However, if the casting unit is dead, the spell will fail to cast and if the targeted units are player units, they will also get exp somehow.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Line of Sight is for targeting, AoEs are separate. AoEs are not supposed to be stopped by obstacles or subject for line-of-sight rules, as it adds an incredible amount of complexity to the setup and code, is prone to breaking in unexpected and unpleasant ways, and tends to make your game slow down a lot. It's not an incompatibility, it's a separate feature that I don't plan to develop.

Typically, there's a couple ways to address the issue you're looking at:
  1. Make the spearman's AoE two spaces long. This makes it impossible to hit something on the opposite side of a wall, since you can't directly target the wall.
  2. Instead of an AoE, give the spearman a range of 3. Use this if the spear can't actually impale a unit.
Guess I have to search someone else to help me with this, thanks for the help tho(I still have the third option of making walls that are 3 blocks wide). If I have more questions I will tell.
Tell me when you have the other things I needed(destructible environment and the watchtowers)

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does anybody use the "SRD Char Creator Ex" in SRPG? If using an "Creator Ex"-Actor in batlle the imgs are only shown during SV and right after KO but only on curser-position till u use another actor. Is there a way to make this work or is the "SRD Char Creator Ex" incompatble with the SRPG BattleSystem?

And is it possible to summon an actor in Battle with the help of "Position Effects" and the "this.addActor(X, X);" Script Command + Common Event on Skill-triggerd? (cos without Position Effects i can only summon the Actor into another Event without beeing able to decide the Position where its Summoned)

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And is it possible to summon an actor in Battle with the help of "Position Effects" and the "this.addActor(X, X);" Script Command + Common Event on Skill-triggerd? (cos without Position Effects i can only summon the Actor into another Event without beeing able to decide the Position where its Summoned)

The only way to add new actors into the battle is using this.addActor, but the trick is that using position effects, you can either move an event to the cursor(player) before calling addActor, or use it together with a plugin that creates events and actually create a new event at the cursor(player)'s position. There's a few options for event creation- Yanfly has one, I think Galv had one, usually it'll be something about "spawning" or "cloning" events. I believe I provided a script call that works with Yanfly's version earlier in the thread.

Keep in mind, you should never have two copies of the same actor on the field at once, because things get really weird. Duplicates of enemies are fine, though enemies can't target specific cells, so you'll need to use other options, like having them spawn at fixed positions, or spawning at a random position- a lot of the event creating plugins offer those kinds of options.

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, just catching up with the newest add-ons with SRPG and its working for the most part great! Thanks for your hard work for the add-ons Doktor_Q as it has made my game mechanics more robust!

PLUG-IN REQUEST: FORMATION SYSTEM

The only thing that is missing for me is one thing: a formation system that works to place your units before battle like in final fantasy tactics:
1588405458963.png

I know there is another MV tactical system that has recently added on a Battle prep/formation system but I don't want to use that one as 90% of my game is finished using this awesome system:

As well, I would like the formation system to work before you start the SRPG battle via a menu that brings you to a formation screen to setup your units before a battle scene.

EDIT: I would also like to note that I use SumRndmDude's Copy Actors plug-in, so the formation system would only work for me if it took existing actors in the party and re-arranged them in a scene.

MetalKing11417

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, just catching up with the newest add-ons with SRPG and its working for the most part great! Thanks for your hard work for the add-ons Doktor_Q as it has made my game mechanics more robust!

PLUG-IN REQUEST: FORMATION SYSTEM

The only thing that is missing for me is one thing: a formation system that works to place your units before battle like in final fantasy tactics:
View attachment 141913

I know there is another MV tactical system that has recently added on a Battle prep/formation system but I don't want to use that one as 90% of my game is finished using this awesome system:

As well, I would like the formation system to work before you start the SRPG battle via a menu that brings you to a formation screen to setup your units before a battle scene.

EDIT: I would also like to note that I use SumRndmDude's Copy Actors plug-in, so the formation system would only work for me if it took existing actors in the party and re-arranged them in a scene.
Yeah, I'd really like this, as it could be very good for arranging your troops for big battles. However, I'd also like to be able to turn it off at times as I am also implementing a random encounter system similar to Fire emblem echoes, where it would be a tedium to have a player manually place their units on every random battle.

Last edited:

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I'd really like this, as it could be very good for arranging your troops for big battles. However, I'd also like to be able to turn it off at times as I am also implementing a random encounter system similar to Fire emblem echoes, where it would be a tedium to have a player manually place their units on every random battle.

Yes, this is why i requested that the formation of your troop is done in a menu, so when it goes to a SRPG battle, your formation that you set before in the menu will be the formation for every battle (in my game, allies and enemies start in the same spot as the battle arena is like a chess board). However, if the only way to do it is to select and place them before the SRPG battle starts, then I too would like the option for the player to choose "default placement" as most of my battles are small/random encounters.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit . about the rearange request ( i deleted my first Text because..)
(my idea doesnt work like i wanted, "Region Events (YEP)" works diefferent than i thought)
But i made a simple walkaround with using 3 plugins and 1 Common event and some Switches..
(following in edit2 when all screenshots are done)

Edit2..
Plugins Used:
-SRPG_ImmediateSkill
-SRPG_PositionEffects
-YEP_MoveRouteCore
(WARNING= SRPG_ImmediateSkill is INCOMPATIBLE with SRPG_DirectSkill at the Moment)

In this Walkaround u go dierekt into battle but only with the first Actor,or the Main Actor.
This one gets an "SRPG_ImmediateSkill"-SummonActorSkill which can be used as often as u want but u can call every actor only 1 time per battle.That way u Arrange your Party right at the battle Start Before making a Movement or "real" action.. This set up can be added to every Battle-map u only need to make sure that the Placeholder Events get the right "Event ID" for the "this.addActor(EventID, ActorID);" - Script,
(in my example the EV-IDs 2-6 would be needed in every Map where this is used)
..The whole set up is shown in the Spoiler

>> I know its not a real "FORMATION SYSTEM" but it can be used as Walkaround and it needs only the allready existing and compatible Plugins i mentioned.

-
EG BattleMap.png
-
Summon Skill.png
-
start battle setting.png
-
Common Event Set Up.png
-
Placeholder 2-5.png
-
Placeholder example b.png
-
Move Route.png
-
Actor 1.png

Edit 3
Example Video

Note: the Clown is my private Skiping-event and is not Part of the Walkaround
=> In Addition u could also use a plugin to See Images when "choosing" ,
which Actor to call from the Skill,..-something like "Galv_ChoicePictures" for Example.
image choice.png
I added this feature later and i dont want to make a new video^^
->This has to be added in the Common Event if u use the same Method as i did.
(the Screen-Middle for Images is allways about 399,308)
(or use this link for other img locations)
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/image-picture-positioning-utility.62228/

@DR.Q (thanks for the help on how to Summon with position effekts)
Btw what do i have to edit or where do i find it,- to change the: "Fight"-"Cancel" commands into "Execute"-"Cancel"
that would make way more sense when using Speels,Items ect
(=and still makes sense in fights)
i found out its not that simple to change it

Last edited:

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit . about the rearange request
(my idea doesnt work like i wanted, "Region Events (YEP)" works diefferent than i thought)
But i made a simple walkaround with using 3 plugins and 1 Common event and some Switches..
(following in edit2 when all screenshots are done)

Edit2..
Plugins Used:
-SRPG_ImmediateSkill
-SRPG_PositionEffects
-YEP_MoveRouteCore

In this Walkaround u go dierekt into battle but only with the first Actor,or the Main Actor.
This one gets an "SRPG_ImmediateSkill"-SummonActorSkill which can be used as often as u want but u can call every actor only 1 time per battle.That way u Arrange your Party right at the battle Start Before making a Movement or "real" action.. This set up can be added to every Battle-map u only need to be sure about the right "Event ID" of the Placeholder Events for "this.addActor(EventID, ActorID);" - Script,, The whole set up is shown in the Spoiler

>> I know its not a real "FORMATION SYSTEM" but it can be used as Walkaround and it needs only the allready existing and compatible Plugins i mentioned.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Edit 3
Example Video

Note: the Clown is my private Skiping-event and is not Part of the Walkaround
=> In Addition u could also use a plugin to See Images when "choosing" ,
which Actor to call from the Skill,..-something like "Galv_ChoicePictures" for Example.
View attachment 142055
I added this feature later and i dont want to make a new video^^

@DR.Q (thanks for the help on how to Summon with position effekts)
Btw what do i have to edit or where do i find it,- to change the: "Fight"-"Cancel" commands into "Execute"-"Cancel"
what would make way more sense when using Speels,Items ect
(=and still makes sense in fights)

Nice job with the work around! I actually was thinking to do something like this. However, the main issue is that I use a plugin called SRD_CopyActors to create my army, so I cannot use the this.addActor script call to pull one actor at a time as "copies" of actors have a new Actor ID created on the spot when summoned. In a perfect world, what I need the plugin to do is this:

1) Scan for all existing actor IDs in the party and visually place them in the "formation" that they are currently in. All new actors would be placed in the next available spot (which is already default logic in the SRPG system).

2) Select the actor using a choice list or a cursor select (maybe possible with TDDP_Mouse System Ex plugin as it interacts with events) on map then select a new spot for them to be placed. If there is an existing actor in that spot, then actors would swap formation spots.

3) Do all this in a "formation" menu where it would save the formation for all future battles.

If you can modify your work around to fit these needs Dopan I would be in your debt!

Last edited:

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to change turn order during a battle?

I am still using SRPG_AgiAttackPlus only because it allows the attacker to go first, but the follow-up attacks never happen. I'd like the order to go like attacker -> defender -> highest AGI battler (only basic attack if the range match) so my rogue can actually contribute something more than just do chip damage.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice job with the work around! I actually was thinking to do something like this. However, the main issue is that I use a plugin called SRD_CopyActors to create my army, so I cannot use the this.addActor script call to pull one actor at a time as "copies" of actors have a new Actor ID created on the spot when summoned. In a perfect world, what I need the plugin to do is this:

1) Scan for all existing actor IDs in the party and visually place them in the "formation" that they are currently in. All new actors would be placed in the next available spot (which is already default logic in the SRPG system).

2) Select the actor using a choice list or a cursor select (maybe possible with TDDP_Mouse System Ex plugin as it interacts with events) on map then select a new spot for them to be placed. If there is an existing actor in that spot, then actors would swap formation spots.

3) Do all this in a "formation" menu where it would save the formation for all future battles.

If you can modify your work around to fit these needs Dopan I would be in your debt!

Sry but i dont know SRD_CopyActors or TDDP_Mouse System yet.And im not skilled enough to make a new Plugin (im using rpgmv since perhaps 2-3 months max). I was sad myself when i recognized i couldnt use SRD-char-creator-ex cos of some little issues i cant change via JS cos i dont know JS at all.. I just made use of the Mechanics i allready knew, for this walkaround..
Edit. > but why not use "<type:actor><id:0>" With "0" it doesnt check the actor id, it just takes every actor which is left into battle from low id to high id ,i think..the player cant adjust the formation but it will be a standart.. or perhaps i just dont understand what exactly u need
Edit2.> the next problem i see for the "formation menu"-part of the Request, is that i dont think we can transfer the formation locations from one map to another like an Overlay,atleast not without an extra plugin.thats why my walkaround happens dierekt in battle map.

@
Yoshifull

I dont think so.. im using "attacker att first" but like i said im a Noob so better wait for Dr.Q for a propper Answer (im using agi and luk as addition in the dmg formular in order to make them "worthy" ,- or as restriction for passive states like "lucky" at 100 luck what gives some 5% extra permanent ex-parameter)

Last edited:

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sry but i dont know SRD_CopyActors or TDDP_Mouse System yet.And im not skilled enough to make a new Plugin (im using rpgmv since perhaps 2-3 months max). I was sad myself when i recognized i couldnt use SRD-char-creator-ex cos of some little issues i cant change via JS cos i dont know JS at all.. I just made use of the Mechanics i allready knew, for this walkaround..
Edit. > but why not use "<type:actor><id:0>" With "0" it doesnt check the actor id, it just takes every actor which is left into battle from low id to high id ,i think..the player cant adjust the formation but it will be a standart.. or perhaps i just dont understand what exactly u need

@
Yoshifull

I dont think so.. im using "attacker att first" but like i said im a Noob so better wait for Dr.Q for a propper Answer (im using agi and luk as addition in the dmg formular in order to make them "worthy" ,- or as restriction for passive states like "lucky" at 100 luck what gives some 5% extra permanent ex-parameter)

No problem Dopan, I think for my idea to work requires a plug-in. I think a way to make it work is to have the plugin use a new event actor notetag like:

<type:actor><id: PRESELECTION X> --> a global event notetag that stores a selected actor id from the party using a script or plugin call "open actor select menu". If an actor is selected, then all events with the same event tag would store the Actor ID for all future events of the same notetag. If no actor is selected and a new actor is added to party, then it would fill based on event # just like the <type:actor><id:0> notetag.

So flow would look like this:
Open a formation menu ---> Prompts a choice (would you like to change formation?)
--> YES/NO
--> If yes, open choice selection of actors in party (# of choices based on # of active party members) --> CHOOSE ACTOR
--> Open another choice that asks "which slot would you like the actor to be placed in?"
--> Choose slot from x to y (could be a menu choice list or a cursor activation of an event)e.g. choosing 1 would store actor ID to <type:actor><id: PRESELECTION 1>)
--> When done, press ESC --> Are you finished changing formation?
--> YES/NO . If Yes, saves information into all <type:actor><id: PRESELECTION X> event notetags in game. If NO, revert to previous saved formation.

Last edited:

Eibon

Lord of everything and nothing, low level human
Reaction score
First Language
Español/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not now, but will use it in the future for other project, thanks

Yoshifull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
How does the pathfinding in RangeControl and/or AI core works?
Ever since I put those in, the enemies lost the common sense of going around a tree to reach my characters or cross a bridge to reach them, things that didn't happen without those.

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
Could anyone make a sample project with all the plugins applied? The AOE plugin has an error. Even if I select a skill and enemy target, the range of skills don't move and remains on the act. Also, select the shape of the skill range(square, line... etc) does not change.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could anyone make a sample project with all the plugins applied? The AOE plugin has an error. Even if I select a skill and enemy target, the range of skills don't move and remains on the act. Also, select the shape of the skill range(square, line... etc) does not change.
atleast i can give u a screenshoot of the srpg plugins im using.To show the right order..
(there are way more other plugins in my projekt, that would take to much pics but these SRPG Plugins work well together in this order)

555555.png

Last edited:

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem Dopan, I think for my idea to work requires a plug-in. I think a way to make it work is to have the plugin use a new event actor notetag like:

<type:actor><id: PRESELECTION X> --> a global event notetag that stores a selected actor id from the party using a script or plugin call "open actor select menu". If an actor is selected, then all events with the same event tag would store the Actor ID for all future events of the same notetag. If no actor is selected and a new actor is added to party, then it would fill based on event # just like the <type:actor><id:0> notetag.

So flow would look like this:
Open a formation menu ---> Prompts a choice (would you like to change formation?)
--> YES/NO
--> If yes, open choice selection of actors in party (# of choices based on # of active party members) --> CHOOSE ACTOR
--> Open another choice that asks "which slot would you like the actor to be placed in?"
--> Choose slot from x to y (could be a menu choice list or a cursor activation of an event)e.g. choosing 1 would store actor ID to <type:actor><id: PRESELECTION 1>)
--> When done, press ESC --> Are you finished changing formation?
--> YES/NO . If Yes, saves information into all <type:actor><id: PRESELECTION X> event notetags in game. If NO, revert to previous saved formation.

Hi guys, I figured out half the problem to creating a formation menu, which is storing an Actor ID based on a choice selection, which is to use this plug-in:

http://sumrndm.site/actor-select/

All that needs to be done is for someone to tweak the SRPG_Core to allow for actors to be placed based on a value of a variable (something like <type:actor><id: Variable X>).

This way you prompt the player using the actor select plugin, store that in an actor ID variable, make the actor ID variable equal Variable X in the event notetag, and you got your placement stored in a variable.

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
atleast i can give u a screenshoot of the srpg plugins im using.To show the right order..
(there are way more other plugins in my projekt, that would take to much pics but these SRPG Plugins work well together in this order)

I Tried... but failed

1.gif

I used all of recently updated plugins and I tried to insert just two plugins that srpg_core and srpg_aoe in new project... but failed
So I think... fully applied sample project or demo project is better
I dont want annoying doktorQ anymore T.T

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Tried... but failed

View attachment 142304

I used all of recently updated plugins and I tried to insert just two plugins that srpg_core and srpg_aoe in new project... but failed
So I think... fully applied sample project or demo project is better
I dont want annoying doktorQ anymore T.T
Im not sure but perhaps u made some wrong settings..?

ill show an Example of 2 AOE settings from my Project
("Mapbattle:true" is only to make AOE not using SV,
"aiTarget"-is for the npc AI Plugin both have nothing
to do with AOE-Range-Settings aswell as "srpgUncounterble"
which prevents counters from AOE Targets )
-
ice storm.png
-
megaheal.png
-
range img.png

edit1

and I tried to insert just two plugins that srpg_core and srpg_aoe in new project... but failed

i hope u did that with a SRPG-Demo or a Project with the Minimum Setup of the SRPG-Demo
Minimum Demo Setup.png

Last edited:

ssalum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q

I have a quetion about SRPG_AoE. If I used the item use AoE, The item was consumed for each target. If the targets are three, consumed items are three too. I want The item consumed only one time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bongdaso