SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mentioned the same Problem a few Days ago [...] If u find a Solution pls let me know
I was fiddling around with a way to make the system button-initiate on the map earlier and from what I observed with my switch experiments, the actor walking sprite (not the SV for some reason) is likely defined before any human input begins which means the problem is likely something that needs to be coded in rather than event-plastered out, as I've been trying to do...

Haven't found any script calls that fix it so far, but I'l keep trying.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Flottos that's an older issue I believe I have fixed with the updated version of SRPG_core.js I have on my github, which @Dopan is referring to with the updated demo. It was specifically a problem where if you used the "skip confirmation window" it would always just go right ahead to using the skill, even if the confirmation window would normally have had a grayed out "use" button. I resolved it by adding a "can this skill be used?" check before going ahead in that mode.

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Flottos that's an older issue I believe I have fixed with the updated version of SRPG_core.js I have on my github, which @Dopan is referring to with the updated demo. It was specifically a problem where if you used the "skip confirmation window" it would always just go right ahead to using the skill, even if the confirmation window would normally have had a grayed out "use" button. I resolved it by adding a "can this skill be used?" check before going ahead in that mode.
Thanks for telling me about the update Doktor_Q!

And did you have a look at my previous request for a formation system? Tell me if it is possible!

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
we got some new AoE Types

But i cant put them in the demo.04 yet,cos most of them (=all buging ones are high ranged) hit Enemys which are out of range and i couldnt figure out why.I uploaded the Edited Aoe Plugin and hopefully we can make this work ..
(its tested in the debug-demo)
Done

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan that's because every AoE definition is made of two statements- one that checks if the position is incorrectly aligned, and one that checks if it's too far away. If it is neither of those, it passes.

The reason you can't see one without range limits extending to infinity is because the function that draws the indicator only checks a range-sized square, since none of them are supposed to go further than that.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, here's a caviat I have: The AI is near braindead and always stumbles into walls, it takes a while to discern what's a wall and what's not a wall.
I want to improve the AI bahaviour so it can discern where walls are and get around them instead of getting stuck and one turn after getting around, and because why not I want another AI pattern that's basically lurking into the corners of walls mostly.
If you need specifics on the latter let me know.
And other thing, I want the camera follow where the enemy moves, because otherwise enemies that move very fast get offscreen. And I would like to be able to see the movements of both allies and enemies without the necessity of clicking them.

Last edited:

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another troubleshoot for SRD CCEX compatibility; along with the event portraying the leader in battle not using the CCEX created character, the "selector" keeps changing back to the sprite of the player.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another troubleshoot for SRD CCEX compatibility ....
I think the main thing is, its made for SV battle system and not for SRPG, thats why the SV works for example..
---------
However i finaly finished Debuging the new AoE Types.
Now they are 10 ,a few of them very similar to each other.
Free to use for Everybody and i hope DR.Q implements them in future Updates after looking* over it
*(just to make sure its Bugfree)
'star'_'sun'_'meteor'_'cata'_'canon'
'hammer'_'axe'_'lancer'_'moon'_'bomb'
They All should work fine but if u get any Problems or have Questions pls let me know.
This is implemented in the UpgradedDemo.04 and there is
an additional "Recommended AreaRange"- File with Screenshoots of all 10 New AoE Types .
Thx to Doktor_Q and Misappi for making this Possible.
(Links in the signature)

EDIT.
"star" ist still buged ill change that Asap .. Done
-had to change "star" a little bit(=i think its even better)
but its fine cos "sun" is Similar at the smaller AreaRanges
Links are Updated

Last edited:

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the main thing is, its made for SV battle system and not for SRPG, thats why the SV works for example..
I can get the event to use the player sprite with a <CustomCharacter: 1> note, but then I encounter the screencapped error.

Attachments

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
저는 마침내 AOE 관련 문제를 해결했습니다!!
SRPG_etcMod.js를 사용한 것과, 커서와 액터, 적들의 이동 속도를 높이기 위해 rpg_objects.js를 수정한 것이 원인이었습니다.
모든 문제는 저의 잘못이었습니다. 정말 미안하다. 많은 도움을 줘서 감사합니다.
저는 빠른 게임 템포를 원하기 때문에 커서와, 액터, 적들의 이동 속도를 높이고 싶은데 AOE 플러그인에 영향을 주지 않고 속도를 높일 수 있는 다른 방법이 없을까요?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dlwjdvud123
Ich habe endlich das AOE-Problem gelöst !!
Dies wurde durch die Verwendung von SRPG_etcMod.js und die Änderung von rpg_objects.js verursacht, um die Bewegung von Cursorn, Schauspielern und Feinden zu beschleunigen.
Alle Probleme waren meine Schuld. Es tut mir wirklich leid. Vielen Dank für viel Hilfe.
Da ich ein schnelles Spieltempo möchte, möchte ich die Bewegung von Cursorn, Schauspielern und Feinden beschleunigen. Gibt es jedoch eine andere Möglichkeit, diese zu beschleunigen, ohne das AOE-Plugin zu beeinträchtigen?
google translator says korean..

..and i think we dont use SRPG_etcMod.js anymore,because another Plugin from Dr.Q doesnt require it anymore.
sry im not Sure which one but feel free to use the UpdatedDemo.04 with most SRPG Plugins included

=

..다른 Dr.Q 플러그인이 더 이상 필요하지 않기 때문에 SRPG_etcMod.js를 더 이상 사용하지 않는 것 같습니다.

확실하지 않지만 포함 된 대부분의 SRPG 플러그인과 함께 UpdatedDemo.04를 사용할 수 있습니다
-Google translated
------------
edit @Kingsley_O
I can get the event to use the player sprite with a <CustomCharacter: 1> note, but then I encounter the screencapped error.
I think the Plugin doesnt make char images it probably creates them in batlle from the plugin resources and thats made for other SV battle modes.. atleast thats my best guess atm..
So it is probably incompatible for SPRG battles

Last edited:

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh, my God. I accidentally used a translator and uploaded the original sentence, not the translated one.

I finally solved the AOE problem!!
Using SRPG_etcMod.js and modifying rpg_objects.js to speed up the movement of cursors and actors.
The whole problem was my fault. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your help.
I want a fast game tempo, so I want to speed up the movement of cursors, actors, and enemies. Is there any other way to speed up without affecting the AOE plug-in?

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the Plugin doesnt make char images it probably creates them in batlle from the plugin resources and thats made for other SV battle modes.. atleast thats my best guess atm..
So it is probably incompatible for SPRG battles
Darn. Guess that's the end of the SRPG engine for me then. Thanks, anyway.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, my God. I accidentally used a translator and uploaded the original sentence, not the translated one.

I finally solved the AOE problem!!
Using SRPG_etcMod.js and modifying rpg_objects.js to speed up the movement of cursors and actors.
The whole problem was my fault. I'm so sorry. Thank you for your help.
I want a fast game tempo, so I want to speed up the movement of cursors, actors, and enemies. Is there any other way to speed up without affecting the AOE plug-in?
Don't use etc_mod. Go to the GitHub in my signature, and there's a variety of Visual plugins that help with things like what the range looks like (SRPG_UX_Range), and cursor movement settings (SRPG_UX_Cursor).

The movement and animation speeds for actors and enemies are just based on the event on the map.

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Wondering if anyone can help me,
I am revamping my project going from rtp chibi to pV games assets. And I want to bring this plugin along for the ride but some things have me wondering.

How does this support taller sprites.

Can the character move diagonal. Is there a way to only make them move diagonal?and if so is there a way to get the grid to look like diamonds instead of squares?

I know random eh? But PV games released a set of 2.5D modular tiles and this plugin would work so good if I can blend the 2

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... is there a way to get the grid to look like diamonds instead of squares?...
the Grid was edited from me for the UpdatedDemo to make it better viewable and as edit EG.. by default its just blue and red .
However u can edit this in "Img/system -folder the "SPRG Range"-Images.. Most things are possible to change (the gamespeed in demo for example was made pretty slow by me ill adjust that eventually in future updates..)
Take a look at the "SRPG_UX_Range" Plugin ,it makes the Grid edit-able..
However on the other things (diagonal movement ect) i dont think so but im not sure sry.
Edit if u mean the main underground grid thats squares, but if u mean the movement,range,AOE and Att -Grid thats edit-able
--------
@Kingsley_O
Well if thats so important in your Project u could still ask the plugin developer if its possible to edit the plugin to make it SPRG compatible,i think there is a topic for this plugin here in forum..but i dont know if the Plugin developer is still aktive..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@epiccorey Diagonal movement is not supported. It's possible to make it supported, but you'd have to make significant modifications to multiple plugins- it's not really an easy on-off switch.

What you're describing about the grid changes would count as Isometric, which is something RPGMaker as a whole has some trouble with, but might still be possible if you were to find another existing plugin to make the game isometric- and then you'd need to make some changes to how the ranges and AoEs display to make them fit to the grid, but honestly that part isn't awful if you already have a decent Isometric view plugin installed.

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is diagonal movement a future plan I'm cool with changing some addons etc. If it can be possible it would be amazing I plan on parralaxing with PV games modular building and the whole set is diagonal

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well if thats so important in your Project u could still ask the plugin developer if its possible to edit the plugin to make it SPRG compatible,i think there is a topic for this plugin here in forum..but i dont know if the Plugin developer is still aktive..
It's the entirety of the project: create your own character, make your own choices etc. It's not something I could compromise.

I had a browse but there doesn't seem to be any specific thread for requests etc. for the engine, so...

@RyanBram if you're open to suggestions/speak to the plugin's author, I'd appreciate any attention on the incompatibility with SRD's CCEX. Feel like I'm missing the glue between two rocks before I've got drums.

Edit: Whoops. You said message SRD. Too many initialism's for my brain on a Sunday. Request's still put in here, either way.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's the entirety of the project: create your own character, make your own choices etc. It's not something I could compromise.

I had a browse but there doesn't seem to be any specific thread for requests etc. for the engine, so...
my bad it was the topic of the previous version but perhaps it helps to find someone who is able to help :

and u can Leave a reply on the bottom of http://sumrndm.site/character-creator-ex/ the plugin creators main page.. i wish u good luck,i would love to add it aswell^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wanna try making my game into an app because that sounds cool but I am so lost on how to :kaocry:
I found some tutorial but they all seem to use an older android studio(2.3.3)? I think the current version is 4.0.1?
is there an updated tutorial or do I need to find a way to get 2.3.3.?
My heart goes out to the family of Cannon Hinnant. Shame on all major news networks in America for not reporting that a 5 year old was executed by a grown man. Absolutely disgusting.
I hope Turkey and Greece can settle on the resources dispute peacefully.
whos hyped for rpg maker mz :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AriArtsy