SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

Kingsley_O

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and u can Leave a reply on the bottom of http://sumrndm.site/character-creator-ex/ the plugin creators main page.. i wish u good luck,i would love to add it aswell^^
I had already considered dropping a request in that thread/on his website, but I followed up on SRD's work the other week and he doesn't seem to be active anymore--his *******'s had 3(?) plugin updates since 2018. Think it'd be a wasted effort unfortunately.

I'll mull it over for the evening: perhaps someone would be willing to do the community an ace if I ask nicely enough.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, here's a caviat I have: The AI is near braindead and always stumbles into walls, it takes a while to discern what's a wall and what's not a wall.
I want to improve the AI bahaviour so it can discern where walls are and get around them instead of getting stuck and one turn after getting around, and because why not I want another AI pattern that's basically lurking into the corners of walls mostly.
If you need specifics on the latter let me know.
And other thing, I want the camera follow where the enemy moves, because otherwise enemies that move very fast get offscreen. And I would like to be able to see the movements of both allies and enemies without the necessity of clicking them.
Can someone help me with my problem?
I am still awaiting

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can someone help me with my problem?
I am still awaiting
if its about enemy AI (=not actor with autobattle or auto-actor-flag user) u could use the "YEP_BattleAICore" in Addittion,im not sure how the Walls thing in your Game works but perhaps with additional passive States and orders like:
"if state xy affected than ect"
(just as EG) ,u could probably change more than with just one AI plugin ..
However the "YEP_BattleAICore" works diefferent than Dr.Qs AI and i use both atm..
with YEP_BattleAICore- u can put spezific notetags to every Enemy Type and make sure they do what u want.
and with Dr.Qs AI - plugin u can mostly controll when skills are used or not, try the:
<aiFriendRate:X> multiplier for the target score of friends
<aiOpponentRate:X> multiplier for the target score of opponents
notetags for EG .. sry idk but that are the only ideas i get on this ,i just dont know enough about your Game to be more spezific..
Edit : Warning SPRG is Incompatible to the Dynamic turn/action system it doesnt need it anyway.
Make sure the Setting inside of YEP_BattleAICore about "dynamic stuff" is OFF..

Last edited:

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally found a way to change the offset of actors AND enemies for SV battles.
It was very easy, for people that are interested :

Open rpg_sprites.js in your js folder before entering your plugins folder.

Then you have around line 484 :
Sprite_Battler.prototype.setHome = function(x, y) {
this._homeX = x;
this._homeY = y;
this.updatePosition();
};

For me, I wanted to change battlers Y position to a lower place so there is the change I made :
Sprite_Battler.prototype.setHome = function(x, y) {
this._homeX = x;
this._homeY = y + 140;
this.updatePosition();
};

You could also change x position this way if you think that characters are too far from the middle of the screen for example!
(I added 140 pixels for battlers Y home position)

Result :
Offset.png

Without this change, battlers would be in middle of the screen and that would not look pretty! And let you perform impressive jumps with Yep action sequence packs!

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its about enemy AI (=not actor with autobattle or auto-actor-flag user) u could use the "YEP_BattleAICore" in Addittion,im not sure how the Walls thing in your Game works but perhaps with additional passive States and orders like:
(just as EG) ,u could probably change more than with just one AI plugin ..
However the "YEP_BattleAICore" works diefferent than Dr.Qs AI and i use both atm..
with YEP_BattleAICore- u can put spezific notetags to every Enemy Type and make sure they do what u want.
and with Dr.Qs AI - plugin u can mostly controll when skills are used or not, try the:

notetags for EG .. sry idk but that are the only ideas i get on this ,i just dont know enough about your Game to be more spezific..
Edit : Warning SPRG is Incompatible to the Dynamic turn/action system it doesnt need it anyway.
Make sure the Setting inside of YEP_BattleAICore about "dynamic stuff" is OFF..
well, this will be quite THE wall of images so get ready.
1589216887244.png
These are the "walls" I have, all of them can't be passed through, if you want to get through them you have to get around them. You follow me? good!
1589217036895.png
Now, imagine if you will, this red square is the enemy, and since he wants to go to the player, he has to get around those walls. unfortunately the AI is so stupid that instead crashes into the wall and takes 1 or 2 turns to get around it.Dumbass AI Filmed.gif
you barely see it but you can see the enemy is directly smashing through the wall. in my mind that would look like this.
(I can't add other gif here so might as well continue with the next post)

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I can't add other gif here so might as well continue with the next post)
(continuation, it was an error with the gif actually)

Dumbass AI .gif
No, I don't want this, I want instead the enemy to anticipate walls and go around them, so they can get quicker.
big brain ai.gif
That's more like it. I hope I adressed the problem good enough, I still need help with making a camera that follows the enemy, them getting offscreen is pretty annoying.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman

Last Edit : i think Dr.Qs answer solved it better..

what kind of events are the Walls? Objekts,Enemy or Actor?
perhaps u need to use a permanent "wall-state" for the walls starting with battle start
(with common event or passive states plugin)
and then use the plugin "range controll" on the "wall state"
(with commands from the help section) to force the riders walk around them..

and the riders are "enemy events"? it depends a bit in what relation they are to the wall events
(thats why i asked about the walls at first)

However if the riders are enemy events u can also try to use the YEP_BattleAICore on them (enemy notetags),but im not sure if that can help

And u can use spoilers for the IMGs or just send me a private message if u like.But still i have to admit the whole wall concept ist pretty new to me, i just used burning trees^^ ..which cant be attacked but set on fire what makes a chain reaction on the other trees around
(a burning tree sets others on fire ect)

edit

im also using an plugin called "event chase player" that can be used to force other events to chase the actor or run away from it(with edit-able ranges).. this could do the trick if it can be used in SPRG battle ect (and im not sure about that)

edit 2

and u could also make the squares before the wallls non-visible events(=transparent) that cant be walked(=blocks) on ..(and sry for the poor englisch)
(imgs in spoiler)
bsp.png
blocks.png

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman that's a case of you making a complex map that's difficult for an AI to navigate in general. If you're going to make something that requires a specific "correct" movement, you'll probably want to set the enemies to use the "ascending/descending region" movement pattern, and paint the path you want them to follow with numbered regions- region 1 at the start, region 2 around the first bend, 3 around the next, etc. Ideally, the regions should change close enough that an enemy can move to a different region every turn (otherwise it might get 'stuck' in a region, unable to find a higher number).

If you're using SRPG_AIControl, you can also set the moveFormula to something like "region" or "-region" instead of "nearestEnemy" to mimic the effect. If you take the time to figure out how the formulas work, you can make something with more nuanced patterns and priorities, but you're ultimately going to be using the region layer to highlight areas for your AI to move toward / avoid if you want them to look more human.

AI for tactics games can become immensely complex, as evidenced by the fact that humans can still beat computers at chess. And, to be fair to the AI- running into the wall and then sliding along it to get closer is the most mathematically efficient way to pass through that kind of area.

(Edited to fix grammar and add some notes)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
i would like to use RMV – Actor Hud.
and i got a little issue that could probably be solved by editing
the SRPG_UX_Windows ,i just want to disable Status-Window in battle when using a party member ..
i think it would be enough to change the "cancel status if menu\ LeftClick" into "cancel if battle mode" ..atleast thats what i hope.Could u pls show me what Code i have to use or send me a edited Version of the Plugin if thats easier..?
(IMGs in Spoiler) sorry for bothering ,i just dont want to mess it up..
bsp111111111.png
bsp2222222222222.png

could.png

I think this change would make the RMV – Actor Hud- (which will allways use the selected partymember for the hud) -fully
compatible with SPRG and i cant use SRDs hudmaker cos it has no ON OFF Plugin Commands.

Last edited:

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
i would like to use RMV – Actor Hud.
and i got a little issue that could probably be solved by editing
the SRPG_UX_Windows ,i just want to disable Status-Window in battle when using a party member ..
i think it would be enough to change the "cancel status if menu\ LeftClick" into "cancel if battle mode" ..atleast thats what i hope.Could u pls show me what Code i have to use or send me a edited Version of the Plugin if thats easier..?
(IMGs in Spoiler) sorry for bothering ,i just dont want to mess it up..

I think this change would make the RMV – Actor Hud- (which will allways use the selected partymember for the hud) -fully
compatible with SPRG and i cant use SRDs hudmaker cos it has no ON OFF Plugin Commands.
I know a way to not delete it but put it away from the screen so the player won't be able to see it if you want :

In srpg_core.js

around line 4813 you should find this : Fortunately the comment in japanese : // アクターコマンド表示時のステータスウィンドウを作る means : "create the showing of the actor window status"

this._mapSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow.x = 120;

That's the x coordinate of the window, if you put 0 and it will be located in the left.

CHanges.png
What you can do is to replace that by :

this._mapSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow.x = -1000;

So it will still technically exist but be situated extremely far in the left of the screen (left minus 1000 pixels) making it invisible. (if -1000 is not enough, try -2000)

OR you can change :
this._mapSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight - this._mapSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow.windowHeight();

by

this._mapSrpgActorCommandStatusWindow.y = Graphics.boxHeight;
That' would look cleaner.
So instead of have the y position of the window being you graphic.boxHeight (720 if you game is in 720p) minus the height of the window, (so you will be able to see it).
Just letting the : Graphics.boxHeight will make the window just below your screen.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know a way to not delete it but put it away from the screen so the player won't be able to see it if you want :

In srpg_core.js
Thx 4 the Hint, if it doesnt work with editing SRPG_UX_Windows.. ill have to try this,but i have to admit i feel uncomfortable to edit the core itself instead of changing a few lines in a small Plugin..
(and i would also preffer to just cancel it, there is allready a function for this i just want to change the Trigger)

Edit.: However i did edit the core now anyway
(with -3000 to be sure) thx again it seem to work,but still i would like to know if this could cause any problems and if i was right about the possiblety to just edit a few lines in SRPG_UX_Windows
(it was just editing a number in core atm thats even simpler)
I dont mind as long it cant cause any problems later,which i dont understand ..
now.png
the old Status menu is out of the screen^^

Last edited:

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a little "problem" with pushback damages!
I made a spell with this description :
Push the enemy 5 cells and closer the enemy is to the wall, the more damages he takes.

with this damage formula :
<damage formula>
move = a.push(b, 5, "normal");
value = ((move * a.level) * 10);
</damage formula>

So if the enemy is pushed 5 cells without hitting a wall, he takes 0 damage, that's perfect.
If the enemy is pushed 4 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 1 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 3 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 2 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 2 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 3 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 1 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 4 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 0 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 5 * my level * 10

But here is the problem : (In this case, he takes as much as he hit the wall with 4 cells instead of 2)
Pushbackproblem.pngPushbackproblem2.png

The events that controls the battle are considered like walls!
Is there a way to make theses events not be "walls" or to control the battle without these events? (I want to use all the battle area if possible, so I can not put them "in an wall"

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman that's a case of you making a complex map that's difficult for an AI to navigate in general. If you're going to make something that requires a specific "correct" movement, you'll probably want to set the enemies to use the "ascending/descending region" movement pattern, and paint the path you want them to follow with numbered regions- region 1 at the start, region 2 around the first bend, 3 around the next, etc. Ideally, the regions should change close enough that an enemy can move to a different region every turn (otherwise it might get 'stuck' in a region, unable to find a higher number).

If you're using SRPG_AIControl, you can also set the moveFormula to something like "region" or "-region" instead of "nearestEnemy" to mimic the effect. If you take the time to figure out how the formulas work, you can make something with more nuanced patterns and priorities, but you're ultimately going to be using the region layer to highlight areas for your AI to move toward / avoid if you want them to look more human.

AI for tactics games can become immensely complex, as evidenced by the fact that humans can still beat computers at chess. And, to be fair to the AI- running into the wall and then sliding along it to get closer is the most mathematically efficient way to pass through that kind of area.

(Edited to fix grammar and add some notes)
could you give me a image example of how you would do that?.
a video demo or a gif if it's not too much bother could be great also

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a little "problem" with pushback damages!
I made a spell with this description :
Push the enemy 5 cells and closer the enemy is to the wall, the more damages he takes.

with this damage formula :
<damage formula>
move = a.push(b, 5, "normal");
value = ((move * a.level) * 10);
</damage formula>

So if the enemy is pushed 5 cells without hitting a wall, he takes 0 damage, that's perfect.
If the enemy is pushed 4 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 1 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 3 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 2 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 2 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 3 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 1 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 4 * my level * 10
If the enemy is pushed 0 cells then hit a wall, he will take : 5 * my level * 10

But here is the problem :

The events that controls the battle are considered like walls!
Is there a way to make theses events not be "walls" or to control the battle without these events? (I want to use all the battle area if possible, so I can not put them "in an wall"
As fas as i know these 6 battle events are "must have" in order to create the battlemap with these events.. i walked on them accidently outside of battle mode on a debug map and they try to react (that wasnt planed^^)..
.. After that i allways use maps with an "outside part" to put them or i put them on Positions where users cant move to.

bspev1.png
bspevent2.png
bsp356.png
bsp 7890.png

When these BattleMapCreating-Events are not reach-able for any Unit, your Problem should be solved right?
so I can not put them "in an wall"
Perhaps your Maps could get some "edges" like in the Last IMG..but perhaps u dont want to use "Parallaxes"?

Edit.:
@Yew Bowman
i didnt used Regions yet myself ,.. but perhaps the "YepMoveCore" could help to just tell the events where to move..idk its just an idea.. (its a free plugin u can find it in the demo.04 or @-YEP.i use it for the "summon"-actor skill)

Edit 2
Region Restrictions (YEP) + YEP_X_ExtMovePack1=>its free get it @YEP ,could also be helpfull All Yep plugins got utub videos ,and im working on a tutorial upgrade for demo.04 (=demo.05)
And i just Recognized these
<mode:absRegionUp> # set this unit's acting pattern 'always go to bigger region ID'.

<mode:absRegionDown># set this unit's acting pattern 'always go to smaller region ID'.
Event-Notes from SRPG Core Help section might be needed..

Last edited:

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As fas as i know these 6 battle events are "must have" in order to create the battlemap with these events.. i walked on them accidently outside of battle mode on a debug map and they try to react (that wasnt planed^^)..
.. After that i allways use maps with an "outside part" to put them or i put them on Positions where users cant move to.

When these BattleMapCreating-Events are not reach-able for any Unit, your Problem should be solved right?

Perhaps your Maps could get some "edges" like in the Last IMG..but perhaps u dont want to use "Parallaxes"?

Edit.:
@Yew Bowman
i didnt used Regions yet myself ,.. but perhaps the "YepMoveCore" could help to just tell the events where to move..idk its just an idea.. (its a free plugin u can find it in the demo.04 or @-YEP.i use it for the "summon"-actor skill)

Edit 2
Region Restrictions (YEP) + YEP_X_ExtMovePack1=>its free get it @YEP ,could also be helpfull All Yep plugins got utub videos ,and im working on a tutorial upgrade for demo.04 (=demo.05)
And i just Recognized these Event-Notes from SRPG Core Help section might be needed..
I wanted to thank you @Dopan because your edges idea was very good!
I wanted to use all the screen space without the camera moving so I did this (tiles are 80x80 so 16*9 tiles fit exactly the resolution 1280*720) :

Edge.png

The red area is a impassable tileset and I combined that with Galv's plugin Camera control with this plugin command at the start of each fights :
CAM 0 0 800

So the camera would lock at the top of the screen and the player will never see the red tilesets,
I can set up as many events as I want this way without thinking about where I have to place them!
(Summons etc)

Kudos to you !

I got an other problem with damages previsualization window :
When A skill have the tag :
<srpgUncounterable>
(It means the opponent can not counter this attack) the enemy previsualization windows says that it will hit me back (but it won't)
Same problem with spells that hits and then inflicts sleep meaning enemy can not counterattack.

Also for some reason when I use: effect recover HP 10%
My character have 10.000 HP but the previsualization will say : recover 1.001 HP (but when I use the spell, I do recover only 1.000)

There is a workaround for this :
When you use this in your healing formula :
(a.mhp / 100) * 10
OR
(a.mhp * 10) / 100
It has the same effect (recover 10% of MaxHP) but both previsualization AND effect in battle works well.

Also an other problem : It doesn't show damage variance but only the main damages.

Also : when there is many costs (exemple TP + MP) It only show one of them
Also : When there is many recovers (exemple HP +MP, in the healing it shows the addition of both of them)

Maybe a plugin that overhaul the previsualization window would be a nice idea if someone skilled enough have some free time!

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kudos to you !
Im happy you found a Walkaround that suits you, and
Thx but it wasnt a big thing.. just a bit of "thinking around the edge"
(sry Bad translated Joke: it means when People look at something from another Perspektive)

Galv's plugin Camera control
..,if u like that Plugin ,try "MBS Map-Zoom" they are compatible ,put MBS Map-Zoom dierekt above Galvers Camera control
..i use both^^ and of course its free
-

previsualization window
atm i got no Idea on that Issue
-
(Summons etc)
well u might wanna use "<srpgIndirect:true>" on ur summoning skills..
(=SPRG_Indierect Attack )
----------
And i finally finished upgrading the demo to 05

-2 New Maps ("Complex Movement" & "Galvr Eventspawner")
- A few New free-Plugins :
(SPRG_Indierect Attack,Yep Region Restriction,Yep X MovePack1 addon for YEPMoveRouteCore and Galvs Eventspawner)

-It might be, that i left some Bugs in the 2 New Maps cos such things happen often to me,but atm i think its all fine,if there are bugs ill Fix & Update this of course..
Edit: i had to make a few changes on the "Galvr Eventspawner-Map"..
if u downloaded this before this edit pls reload the Demo.05 and delete the old Version..

@Yew Bowman "The Complex Movement" Map,should Help u with your AI movement Problems..
atleast a Bit,this (=using Regions for Movement) is also new to me so i might need to update this Map later when i learned more about it..
-EG2.png
-EG1.png
-I think with using even more Regions (1step for each Region) movement loss of the AI Events like it happens in the Demo.05,
can be avoided..(over 200 Regions Availeble for Usage)
->here i used 2-4 steps for each Region..
-------------
@ ALL ->Any Ideas or Requests for future SPRG-DemoUpdates are Welcome,but i cant Promise to Realize them..
(i still wanna keep it minimum Set-up with mostly SPRG Plugins and only a few other Plugins if they dont make much compatiblety Issues,in order to be use-able for everyone)
Updated-SPRG_Demo.05

Last edited:

1nsane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, first of all thanks for the demo 05 and for all the stuff. I started this week to use the plugin and its a lot of fun. Btw i want to know if its possible to do a pair of things.

1) It is possible to modify this
xd.png

into something like this?

1NSaNe.png

so will be more look like Fire Emblem game.

and the second part

2) When i use DrQ's SRPG_AoE plugin and i hit 2 or 3 targets with a spell, there are 3 separated battles. Is there any way to put all the three enemies in same scene or put the 3 separated scenes but you can only see enemy and not Harold doing nothing? Im trying the demo 05 and i see the AoE skills didnt trigger any fight scene, so how to do that?

Thanks a ton, keep this updated because is very very easy to use and with a lot of options.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, first of all thanks for the demo 05 and for all the stuff. I started this week to use the plugin and its a lot of fun. Btw i want to know if its possible to do a pair of things.

1) It is possible to modify this
View attachment 143658

into something like this?

View attachment 143660

so will be more look like Fire Emblem game.
Yes, but there is no specific plugin for it. Modifying the content of windows works the same in SRPG_core as it does anywhere else in RPGMaker, you just need to learn a little bit of Javascript, and figure out which lines you want to modify. You can look around the MV forums in general for advice on customizing your windows.

2) When i use DrQ's SRPG_AoE plugin and i hit 2 or 3 targets with a spell, there are 3 separated battles. Is there any way to put all the three enemies in same scene or put the 3 separated scenes but you can only see enemy and not Harold doing nothing? Im trying the demo 05 and i see the AoE skills didnt trigger any fight scene, so how to do that?

Thanks a ton, keep this updated because is very very easy to use and with a lot of options.
No, unfortunately there is not. The core system is built on battles involving one active event (user) and one target event (target), and changing that would require a major rewrite of the core plugin and break compatibility with most existing plugins and projects, as far as I've found. What you can do is use SRPG_MapBattle and set your AoE skills to use the map battle instead of a side view battle.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
edit. Welcome @1nsane
and Dr.Q answerd that, but just check the Aoe Skill setting: "mapbattle:true" =>that disables the SV for this Skill
Edit . @Doktor_Q
is it planed to solve the "turn around"-Issue sometime? cos if not ill probably have to change my Plugins to avoid it,sadly..
(i dont want to bother ,i just dont know what to do on that Issue)

thx 4 the quick answer
---------
changed\fixed a few things in Demo.05 again
(no splash,lower sound at start,no info text->on walking over the blue event at start while still getting gold and items,and a little fix on Galvr Eventspawner-Map-skip..it now turns the Light back ON and not OFF^^)

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit . @Doktor_Q
is it planed to solve the "turn around"-Issue sometime? cos if not ill probably have to change my Plugins to avoid it,sadly..
(i dont want to bother ,i just dont know what to do on that Issue)
I may eventually do something, but it's not something I'm currently working on or have plans for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys
Working on some bosses for my game-
His tracks are always so wonderful.
In a narrative Choose Your Own Adventure-style RPG, do you prefer the narrative to be in 2nd person ("you saw", "you thought"), or 3rd person ("he saw", "he thought")?

What's your preference, and why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguy02