SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

dlwjdvud123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
hghjbyyu
Primarily Uses
Other
How can I increase or decrease movement range in a particular terrain tag?
The terrain effect plug-in and range control plug-in are in conflict. Therefore, it does not work when moving cost of terrain effect is set.1.png

srpg core's <srpgThroughTag:X> doesn't work too because of range control plug-in
I want my bandit unit to be MV(move range)+1 in the forest.
what should I do??

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Just Checking Back in there isn't a diagonal implementation in this yet is there?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I actually don't think I've ever seen a diagonal Square-based tactical RPG. Generally speaking, it's the edges of the shape that's the foundation of the map and decides how the system will behave. So on a square-based Tactics rpg, a melee unit will only hit units that are physically touching that square.

When a tactical rpg wants to implement diagonality, they usually do so by altering the shape in which the system is build upon; the many common hexagon strategy RPGs for example.

For a system that has 8 directions, you'd need an Octagon shape as the base I think. (And I don't think I've ever seen an octagon as a base for a strategy game..)

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
No worries only asked as I have all of PVgames 2.5d assets, and all of the modular pieces are diagonal based (whole 2.5d part) I was thinking about the diagonal movement more on the lines with FF tactics and other isometric ish turn based games like shadowrun etc.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No worries only asked as I have all of PVgames 2.5d assets, and all of the modular pieces are diagonal based (whole 2.5d part) I was thinking about the diagonal movement more on the lines with FF tactics and other isometric ish turn based games like shadowrun etc.
Isometric is not actually diagonal movement- it's still orthogonal movement, you just change the way it displays. You'd need to look for an isometric map display plugin, and then you can potentially have compatibility set up for it.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About SRD-Huds in SRPG (im using it on Battlemap only):
I made a Setup for SRD-HUDs in SRPG, ill provide the needed data Here.
(so that whoever needs it doesnt have to google and try out for hours)
This has no solution to show states even if that would be possible..
you could also use the MOG party HUD but this has several issues with SRPG,
because of the selftargeting Issue in Battle-Actions..
This setup doenst use "party member"-scriptcall instead it uses "actor (x)",
to avoid problems with changing party members at selftargeting,
or with Issues with summoned actors,espers other auto actors ect..
I made this because the SRPG battleparty get its "party member" -order,
from depending on when an actor takes part of the battlemode..and doesnt
allow to change their order via scriptcall,atleast i couldnt find a way to do it.
..that makes the MOG party HUD incompatble for me,

This Setup is made for Actor NR1 but it can be used for all actors,
just change the number "1" to whatever is needed.
If there are questions or anybody recognizes a copy-paste Failure i made,
pls let me know.
The Scriptcalls i used for the SRD HudMaker
Actor current HP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).hp
Actor Max HP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).mhp
Actor current MP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).mp
Actor Max MP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).mmp
Actor current TP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor (1).tp
Actor current LV:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).level
Actor Name:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).name()
Actor Total current EXP:
Code:
$gameActors.actor(1).currentExp()
Actor current LV EXP:
Code:
Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).expForLevel($gameActors.actor(1).level) - $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp())
Actor Max EXP of current LV:
Code:
Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).nextRequiredExp()) + Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).expForLevel($gameActors.actor(1).level) - $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp())
Actor EXP to Next LV (=> Actor Max EXP of current LV - Actor current LV EXP):
Code:
${Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).nextRequiredExp()) + Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).expForLevel($gameActors.actor(1).level) - $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp()) - Math.abs($gameActors.actor(1).expForLevel($gameActors.actor(1).level) - $gameActors.actor(1).currentExp())}
Needed in Text HUD in order to use script code where X is:
Code:
${X}
Script code to put in "Condition" :
For switches:

Code:
 $gameSwitches.value(x) == true
For variables:
Code:
For variables: $gameVariables.value(x) == n

Script code for Variable (this one is Variable "50" )
Code:
$gameVariables.value(50)

Hud Maker weblink
hud EG pic.png

Last edited:

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
This is a great plugin that I've been reviewing for a while. However, I have a question to which I have not been able to solve ... could someone guide me to make a skill that allows me to fuse two specific actors when they are next to each other? I understand how to use script calls, but I can't make them both disappear and "transform" into another actor, similar to DBZ with goku and vegeta :/. And if there is also a way to make the fusion last a couple of turns and then the initial actors return, however, if it's not easy, this point is not necessary. Thank you very much and I congratulate the collaborators of this great project.

pD: Sorry, English is not my native language

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!
This is a great plugin that I've been reviewing for a while. However, I have a question to which I have not been able to solve ... could someone guide me to make a skill that allows me to fuse two specific actors when they are next to each other? I understand how to use script calls, but I can't make them both disappear and "transform" into another actor, similar to DBZ with goku and vegeta :/. And if there is also a way to make the fusion last a couple of turns and then the initial actors return, however, if it's not easy, this point is not necessary. Thank you very much and I congratulate the collaborators of this great project.

pD: Sorry, English is not my native language
Every Actor or Enemy is an Event at the same Time,so if u use one of these SRPG_core Scriptcalls u can transform One Event (Actor or Enemy included) into an Actor or Enemy Unit,you only need the correct Event ID (i did this once by mistake).Than u need to kill or delete the other Event Unit which takes part of the "Fusion", with EventCommands for Example. And i think u can recall any Unit later with the same scriptcalls and some extra hidden event-Placeholders*..
* similar to how the "call party member" Skill works in the "UpdatedDemo"
Code:
  this.addActor(EventID, ActorID);    # Make the event with the specified ID the actor.
  this.addEnemy(EventID, EnemyID);    # Make the event with the specified ID the enemy.
-
eg1.png
-
EG2.png
-
eg3.png

EDIT

i just made an Fusion Example here is a Vid EG, i added this to the Updated Demo.1.1
(link in the Signature)
its not perfect ,but atleast something to work with..I hope that helps

.. the issue with the double " E " can probably be avoided if we use a fakedeath-state (instead of killing the actor)
what makes the actor dissappear in order to revive&make it appear later ,but that would take more time and is a bit complicated..

..perhaps ill try to solve this later

Last edited:

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Initially with this I can continue my game for now, but I will be aware of your help. This makes me want to continue my game with more energy.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are these plugins compatible to SRDude's plugins or Yanfly's Actor Enemies.
Because I wonder how to make the menu's more...Attention grabbing.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Asrielupgraded
Im Using a few SRD Plugins and a lot Yanfly Plugins in my own project,but not all of their Plugins are Compatible with SRPG,you will have to try it out.(thats what the Updated SRPG_Demo is done for to tryout new Plugins with all SRPG Plugins included)
I dont know or use Yanfly's Actor Enemies, but im using the SRD Hud Maker for Example.. also a few MOG hunter Plugins.. But atm im not sure what you need or atleast i got no clue what compatible plugin could fit for you..

@ Zahirovx
i just found a Walkaround ,its similar to a earlier walkaround solution from Misappi ..(#535)
i just used galvs Cam Plugin to center the Cam and moved the dead event out of visible area
(within the same map) .. its probably not the best solution but it works fine with small maps.It could get a bit more complicated with bigger maps because it would be needed to refocus the Cam..
Here what i changed: (I just uploaded a updated version of the demo again with this included)
EG 1.png

Last edited:

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
This engine is exactly what I've been looking for, but I was wondering if I could get some help setting up on-map battle motions!

I'm using GALV's character frames plugin because my main walking animation has 8 frames, while some others (like for attacking) have 3. I have my suffixes in SRPG_OnMap_Battle coordinated with my character notes to point to _idle and _attack, but instead of actually showing them, they're invisible on the map once the battle begins. My main character uses the character sheet "MC%(8).png" and my suffixes are "MC%(8)_idle" for example. I then tried changing it to "MC%(8)_idle%(3)" (since idle has 3 frames instead of 8) and there was no change. If I have no suffixes set at all, then while in battle it just shows my character with no animation at all (the GALV frames plugin works just fine out of battle, of course).

So, is SRPG Engine compatible at all with GALV's character frames plugin while the battle is going on? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This engine is exactly what I've been looking for, but I was wondering if I could get some help setting up on-map battle motions!

I'm using GALV's character frames plugin because my main walking animation has 8 frames, while some others (like for attacking) have 3. I have my suffixes in SRPG_OnMap_Battle coordinated with my character notes to point to _idle and _attack, but instead of actually showing them, they're invisible on the map once the battle begins. My main character uses the character sheet "MC%(8).png" and my suffixes are "MC%(8)_idle" for example. I then tried changing it to "MC%(8)_idle%(3)" (since idle has 3 frames instead of 8) and there was no change. If I have no suffixes set at all, then while in battle it just shows my character with no animation at all (the GALV frames plugin works just fine out of battle, of course).

So, is SRPG Engine compatible at all with GALV's character frames plugin while the battle is going on? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
I'm not totally sure I understand the setup you have- can you provide the exact filenames you're using, along with a screenshot of how the specific motions are set up- both in DRQ_EventMotions and in SRPG_Mapbattle_Motions, as well as any notetags you have on the actor pertaining to the motions.

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the solution of @Dopan i could solve the problem with the "E" after undo the fusion for the moment, if someone can help me with that problem i will be so thankful. In a big map i only need to move the "dead event" to one area that player never will see in a normal turn (like an edge). But, i've been having a most important problem with this, in the moment that appear the fusion, this actor repeats in the menu (like in the images) and when the fusion back to the initial actors, these repeat again in the menu two or three times, and the variable that count the remaining actors rise.

I think that this happen because the initial actors cannot leave the party with "change party members", then is possible add members in middle of the battle, but not remove them? or have i been doing someting wrong with the settings?

1.png3.png2.png4.png

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the solution of @Dopan i could solve the problem with the "E" after undo the fusion for the moment, if someone can help me with that problem i will be so thankful. In a big map i only need to move the "dead event" to one area that player never will see in a normal turn (like an edge). But, i've been having a most important problem with this, in the moment that appear the fusion, this actor repeats in the menu (like in the images) and when the fusion back to the initial actors, these repeat again in the menu two or three times, and the variable that count the remaining actors rise.

I think that this happen because the initial actors cannot leave the party with "change party members", then is possible add members in middle of the battle, but not remove them? or have i been doing someting wrong with the settings?

@ Zahirovx
No you did nothing wrong i just didnt saw this issue,,the main problem is to use the same actor 2 times (with enemys thats no problem but with actors that makes these problems)..
Thats why we will probably need a fake deathstate instead of killing the actor at fusion..that way we will use the same actor later again with the same event ..than we dont need "placeholder-events". This will avoid the Double " E " problem and also the problems u just showed..

so what we need is a State that makes a actor dissappear completly and not been able to do anything.. im just not sure how to this atm
(similar to a fake deathstate)

edit
Im sure that this can be solved ,because i got 3 kinds of fake-deathstates in my project and i just need to change one of them a little bit,but it will take some time..because i got to much chaos in my project to figure it out

Edit 2

Ok I solved it,but we need more than just a fakedeath state, the other way is using switch for event Condition instead of killing the fusion event (like the "prepare actor 10"-Switch)..
setting the switch off lets the event dissappear again^^
example1.png
i made a special death state with "himes custom deathstate" and at the end i realized there is a better way to do it..
However it will take some more time to finish the new solution and updating the demo + Example video ect..
(and i still have to figure out a good way to move the events with the help of the SRPG_plugin "position effects" or normal Event commands... in order to let them appair at the right place when fusion back)

EDIT 3

Im done^^ and im pretty happy with the result,only issue is ,it works also when selftargeting with longer distance betwen the actors,but i think this can be solved with:
Code:
this.ActorDistance(VariableID, ActorID, ActorID); # Store the distance between actors in a variable.
(if needed disable with "forget"- skill if the variable has to much distance.. the distance to enable or "learn" the skill should be at variable " = 1 ")

NEW SRPG_Demo Update:

-Improved Map&Skil "fusion"
-added 2 "fusion"-skills and 2 "fusion" -states
-added "Himes Custom Deathstates"-Plugin.. pls Credit Hime
following video is with extra text "pause" to show step by step what the common event does
->If anybody has Questions or recognizes bugs ect.. pls let me know.thx

--
@
dlwjdvud123
I want my bandit unit to be MV(move range)+1 in the forest.
what should I do??
perhaps u could use states when touching the terrain and use:
Code:
state's note:
  <srpgMovePlus:X>   # change move range X.you can set minus value
sry i didnt tested your Issue its just an idea..

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, how do you think one would go about setting up an enemy unit that can be recruited to the side of the player mid battle? Like in Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars, where certain characters could switch sides if conditions are met. In FE this usually just meant having a specific character talk to them, in Super Robot Wars it could be that or something more complex depending on the character and the game. Is there a way to do this while still having them be an enemy who you can fight?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, how do you think one would go about setting up an enemy unit that can be recruited to the side of the player mid battle? Like in Fire Emblem or Super Robot Wars, where certain characters could switch sides if conditions are met. In FE this usually just meant having a specific character talk to them, in Super Robot Wars it could be that or something more complex depending on the character and the game. Is there a way to do this while still having them be an enemy who you can fight?
@ Troublesome Knight

you will need an actor that is and looks the same like an Enemy..
and then i would try to use this,on that enemy to switch it into the actor:
Code:
this.addActor(EventID, ActorID);    # Make the event with the specified ID the actor.
and hopefully that would be all that is to do..
Because as long as we dont use or summon any actor more than 1 time into battle Map,
that should make no problems.. its just like killing the enemy and calling an actor instead,..
the other way around should also work (switching an friendly actor into an enemy..)
That would need this:

Code:
this.addEnemy(EventID, EnemyID);    # Make the event with the specified ID the enemy.
these 2 scriptcalls where why first guess on how to make the "fusion",but that made some unwanted issues.. but it should work fine if its just about "switching the side from friend to enemy or from enemy to friend" aslong this happens only 1 time in a battle map.
(in order to avoid having the same actor recruited 2 times in a battle map,what would bring the unwanted bugs)
..atleast thats my first guess how to do it..and you could let them talk before or after the "switching Sides" happen..

edit:
Is there a way to do this while still having them be an enemy who you can fight?
and of course u can use selfmade states that force an enemy to only attack other enemy Units
(similar to "charmed" for example)
---
@ dlwjdvud123 did it work.. is your Problem solved?
(im just asking to make sure you recognized my edit-"idea" from my last posting)

---
@ ALL :updated the demo again:

-corrected some wrong Help Text (green text)
No other changes
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, it's been a while, but I've got free time again so I was able to finish another round of updates! The latest versions of all plugins on the Github page as usual, let me know if you're running into new errors after everything has been updated.

• SRPG_core has been updated to the 1.27 base code with my modifications, and seems to be working without issues
  • SRPG_AoE got the most updates, adding a variety of new features and fixes:
    • <srpgMinArea:x> allows you to make AoE skills with holes in the middle, similar to minimum range
    • <srpgAreaOrder:x> controls the order the targets are hit; useful for positioning effects, as well as...
    • <srpgAreaTargets:x> puts a cap on the number of targets the skill can hit, like a piercing shot that stops after the second enemy
    • Dying mid-AoE now ends the skill early instead of trying and failing to hit the remaining targets
    • Support for custom AoE patterns without needing to change the core AoE plugin every time, leading to...
  • SRPG_AoE_Extra (NEW) is a template for making plugins that add more area options, without having to dig through the original plugin to make them work
  • SRPG_UX_Range has been updated to support AoEs with a minimum area
  • SRPG_AIControl got support for AoEs with minimum area, as well as (hopefully) clearer documentation, and the ability to apply "flags" to events (other units, obstacles, decorations, or even invisible ones) that can be used to help the AI behave and navigate in more complex ways than before
  • SRPG_FloorDamage added checks to see if the unit is dead after applying floor damage or end-of-round slip damage (poison, etc). This was an issue present in the core script, rather than something caused by the floor damage script. Also corrected the name of the tag used to mark events as damage floors (check the help text for the accurate listing).

@Dopan Thanks for putting together the demo and helping answer questions! I've attached a version of the SRPG_AoE_Extra template that contains all of your custom AoE shapes (except for Star, which I added to the main plugin), so you won't have to maintain a second copy of SRPG_AoE.js. You'll probably want to update your formulas to account for the new minimum size option on AoEs, though.

Attachments

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q first of all im happy to be able to help in exchange for all the noob Questions ,which i asked and will problably ask in future..
-Great solution on the AOE Plugin, i assume the "SRPG_AoE_Extra" plugins like the one you gave my name have to be placed dierekt below your Main "SRPG_AoE" plugin and its possibble to add as much "SRPG_AoE_Extra"-plugins Below as wanted ..? -as long the Name get changed by edting the "Extra"
(if i understood right)

-does "<addActionTimes: X>" (SRPG_core Plugin Scriptcall) works correctly now ?
(with skills and items and not just wth Items..because if not the HELP-description is wrong and can confuse noobs like myself^^ no offense just a reminder)

-Could you add :
Code:
* Quicktarget Scriptcalls:
* $gameSystem.getNextRActor();
* $gameSystem.getNextLActor();
*  # 2 scriptcalls similar to the "pageup&pagedown =switch actor" -> Function
in the help section of the "SRPG_UX_Cursor" by default?

->And again, thank you for all the Professional work you put into the SRPG gamesystem

Edit.
(about the updated SRPG_core)
I forgot to ask ,is there any change on the image preloading issue before battle-action?

Edit 2
You'll probably want to update your formulas to account for the new minimum size option on AoEs, though.
Im not sure if I am able to do that,perhaps with the help of the new plugincode-descriptions and by analysing the diefferense on the "star" shape where you wrote a new formula..
I will try^^ but for now i will just add the info "Not compatible with <srpgAreaMinRange:x>" in the Help-Description of the "AOE_dopan" plugin..
In order to update the SRPG_Demo with all new plugins as soon as possible..
edit..old issue (default SRPG Help description)
Red=Wrong doesnt WorkView attachment 142762
Green = Correct -> WorksView attachment 142761

Edit 3 @ ALL :Updated the SRPG_Demo to Version 1.2 (Links in the Signature)
With all new updated Plugins from DR.Q included.. (no other changes)
-> if anybody recognizes any Bugs or has any Questions on the updated SRPG_Demo pls let me know..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.
Made a video showcasing a plugin that changes the animation rate for animated tiles in our games.

(Plugin by Caethyril )
I guess if you're just going solo dev, minimize features is better choice.
As close as possible, now I draw all of them with little by little needle sticking.
Welp, back to the drawing board...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avaroy