Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan looks like SRPG_AoE_Extra had the same typo, which was showing up in the F8 console again. GitHub is updated.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q
ok i tried this DrQs Code
Code:
if (Math.abs(x) > size || Math.abs(y) > size) return false; // inside square
if (Math.abs(x) < minSize && Math.abs(y) < minSize) return false; // outside min size square
if (Math.abs(x) == Math.abs(y)) return false; // not along the X-shape
return true;
and this my Puzzle code
Code:
case 'test': // pyramide
                if (Math.abs(x) > size || Math.abs(y) > size) return false;  // = add ("square_Size")
                if (Math.abs(x) < minSize && Math.abs(y) < minSize) return false;  // = add ("square_MinSize")
                if (Math.abs(x) != Math.abs(y)) return true;  // = take away ("cross_Size")
                if (Math.abs(x) > size || Math.abs(x) < minSize) return true;  // = take away ("cross_MinSize")
                return false; // = needed if there was some "return true" BEFORE the end of Formula
                return true; // = formula end
both work so i will probably be able to rebuilt my shapes with puzzling..

Edit
It worked ,with the help of the plugin Description from "SRPG_AoE_Extra " and a bit luck, i was able to replicate all of my AOE-types into the format for the Newest "SRPG_AoE"
Its not uploaded yet im gonna test the different MinSizes first.
AOE Function tested with old- and new-core and new core issue still happens.

@Dopan replace 'dx' with just 'x' and 'dy' with 'y', and they should work pretty much the same as they did before.
That worked.thx^^

Last edited:

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to use MV3D and this plugin together, but there seems to be some compatibility issues, particularly that the battle grid simply does not appear. If I try to use the "SRPG_etcMod," the grid does appear but is off-centered and moves around with the cursor.

(ignore the oversized cursor in these screenshots. I accidentally made it gigantic via the MV3D plugin, but keep in mind that these problems happened when I had it at it's normal size.)

Attachments

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan replace 'dx' with just 'x' and 'dy' with 'y', and they should work pretty much the same as they did before.

@maliyana To my knowledge the two plugins are not compatible as-is, because MV3D replaces the normal drawing layers, and SRPG_core adds the move/attack ranges to the normal drawing layers, not to the 3D layers (or however exactly works under the hood). Someone familiar with MV3D would need to write an extension that displays the range graphics on the 3D map- I'm open to helping figure out the SRPG_core side, but I don't have the time to learn MV3D's code as well.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Doktor_Q
i tried to disable every other plugin (=not SRPG and SRPG Plugins which are not from DrQ).
in order to find out if there is an incompatiblety, or what it is that makes the new core Issue in my UpdatedDemos.I couldnt find out anything ,could you pls show me a screenshot of the SRPG Plugins (PluginManager) from one of your projects that works bugfree with the NewCore?
(so that i can check the Plugin order)
-Because i got no other idea left..
-And i edited my last posting, my AOE extension is now fully Compatible with the newest SRPG_AoE. thx
- I also downloaded every single plugin from "Extension plugins for SRPG_core"-Signature again, just to make sure that every plugin is up to date,that also didnt help.
---
edit. @ ALL
I just updated the Signature Spoiler:
- Added 2 Versions of the UpdatedSRPG_Demo1.3 ,they have both all the updated SRPG_Plugins,one is with the "Old SRPG_Core" and the other is with the "New SRPG_Core"
-Added a few new Maps into the UpdatedSRPG_Demo
-Changed some data-json files: in order to be English by Default
("DataFolder->Animation&System&Tilesets-json files" )
-Added Test-Skills,now Every AOE type has its Own Test-Skill
-Added the Tool "PluginHelpViewer"
plugin help viewer.png
--> Note in the Plugin Setup of the "UpdatedSRPG_Demo", the "New Core" is buged with AOEs ATM,thats the reason ,why i added 2 Versions (=bugtesting and providing both "Old- and New-Core" with all other UpdatedPlugins included)

Last edited:

DTurtle

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to use character sheets with more than 3 frames of animation while in battle and on-map battle off? I use GALV's Character Frames for my 8 frame characters and it works until the battle begins -- then the actor's sprite is just static even while moving.

EDIT: For anyone else wondering, Victor's extended character frames are compatible: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ve-character-frames.53112/

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to use character sheets with more than 3 frames of animation while in battle and on-map battle off? I use GALV's Character Frames for my 8 frame characters and it works until the battle begins -- then the actor's sprite is just static even while moving.

EDIT: For anyone else wondering, Victor's extended character frames are compatible: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ve-character-frames.53112/
i tried galvs plugin once and had the same problems, it probably doesnt work without an extra visual plugin that makes it compatible .The "SRPG Battle Map" (=Battle Mode Active) is made for 3 Frames and needs something to make it able to handle 8 Frames. And the "8 frames Plugins" only do that for Standart RPG projects,because they dont know or care about "SRPG_battleMaps"..
The most incompatibletys betwen SRPG and other Plugins are because of the different "BattleMap".
Most Plugins are only made for the Normal Map & Sideview Battles.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tried galvs plugin once and had the same problems, it probably doesnt work without an extra visual plugin that makes it compatible .The "SRPG Battle Map" (=Battle Mode Active) is made for 3 Frames and needs something to make it able to handle 8 Frames. And the "8 frames Plugins" only do that for Standart RPG projects,because they dont know or care about "SRPG_battleMaps"..
The most incompatibletys betwen SRPG and other Plugins are because of the different "BattleMap".
Most Plugins are only made for the Normal Map & Sideview Battles.
SRPG_MapBattle doesn't have any interaction with the character's frame count- SRPG_MapBattle_Motions does, but is coded to work with any number of frames, provided the plugin updates the base settings to show the frame number. Since Victor's plugin works, my theory is that Galv's plugin does something unusual when it changes the frame count- it's on my to-do list to figure out, but the list isn't short, so I can't guarantee when I'll get to it.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SRPG_MapBattle doesn't have any interaction with the character's frame count- SRPG_MapBattle_Motions does, but is coded to work with any number of frames, provided the plugin updates the base settings to show the frame number. Since Victor's plugin works, my theory is that Galv's plugin does something unusual when it changes the frame count- it's on my to-do list to figure out, but the list isn't short, so I can't guarantee when I'll get to it.
@ DTurtle
.. Well i tried "Galv's Character Frames" few months ago and back then i didnt knew much about RPG-MV and SRPG.(probably i made something wrong)
->I just tried it again.. made some wrong settings at first, but then could make it Work in Normal-Map & Battle-Map.(without using MapbattleMotions => <idleMotion:frame> #example)
The only thing what made me wonder, is that i couldnt find a way to make it properly work with
SRPG_MapBattle_Motions.. perhaps i can solve this before i make the next SRPGdemoUpdate with testing other frame-sheets,,
EDIT.: i made some wrong settings again ,it works fine with SRPG_MapBattle_Motions aswell

i made an Extra_State to test this..(<idleMotion:frame> #example for state-notetag)
Here is a Video .. i will implement this into the next SRPG_Demo Update with an Additional Actor & extra Map for this,to provide more informations. Done
The only real Issue is :
In the Video,the "E" "X" "A" are acting weird when EnemyTurn starts..

And btw, at the moment i got no idea where to get frame-sheets for 8 Frames (except those from galvs Demo).. the charackter maker,(MV Extended Generator) i am using only works with the normal amount of Frames as far as i know.

@ Doktor_Q
To be honest i just care about the NewCore- and the AddActionTimes-Issue at the moment,but got no idea, what else to do, to help on this.

And either way,no need to pressure.

edit .

Updated-SRPG_Demo version 1.4 (1.40 & 1.41) is uploaded !
-added "Galv's Character Frames" an Extra Map & Actor & TestState, to test the 8-Frames char
-> Links in the Signature Spoiler

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looked into the addActionTimes tags today, found out they're handled in the same piece of code that prepares the battle, instead of afterward like I expected. As such, I made an update: SRPG_MapBattle is now compatible with the addActionTimes tag on skills and items.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looked into the addActionTimes tags today, found out they're handled in the same piece of code that prepares the battle, instead of afterward like I expected. As such, I made an update: SRPG_MapBattle is now compatible with the addActionTimes tag on skills and items.
Thank you!
now that "addActionTimes" & "notUseAfterMove" (both SRPG_core-Script calls) both work ,those Plugins:
-SRPG_ImmediateSkill & SRPG_IndirectAttack
..are useless
.Because they do the same thing,they will be deleted from the PluginManager in the Updated-SRPG_Demo
-> the Good point on "addActionTimes" is; that it doesnt stop AOE hits like "SRPG_ImmediateSkill" did,which stoped AOEs after the first AOE hit..
-> And "addActionTimes" is Compatible with "SRPG_DirectSkill"-Plugin,"SRPG_ImmediateSkill" was not.
-> the Bad thing or lets call it "Issue" is: Every AOE hit, adds 1-action-Time,instead of adding 1-Action-Time for the whole AOE Action..That way an AOE that hits 5 enemys will produce 5 extra-Action-Times ->Fixed in Version 1.6 now it adds 1-Action-Time for the whole AOE Action.

(from #559)
Hi, a small question. I plan to make a skill called "unstable thunder" which randomly hits one enemy within range. Anyone know if that is possible?
@Flottos
Now with the new Version of the SRPG_AoE -Plugin you can use:
- <srpgAreaTargets:1> #set the maximum number of targets the skill can hit
- <srpgAreaOrder:random> #select targets randomly within the AoE
=> this way there will be only 1 hit within the AOE range and the target will be choosen randomly

@ All
Updated the Signature Spoiler:
(added Updated-SRPG_Demo Version 1.5)
-added the updated SRPG_MapBattle-Plugin in both Versions ( 1.50 & 1.51 )
-deleted SRPG_ImmediateSkill & SRPG_IndirectAttack from the PluginManager
-added Skill "Test-AddActionTimes"

Edit
@ All
Updated the Signature Spoiler:
(added Updated-SRPG_Demo Version 1.6)
-added the updated SRPG_AoE -Plugin in both Versions ( 1.60 & 1.61 )
-added new SRPG Plugin "PassiveSkill",with new "PassiveSkill-Map"
and TestSkill: "<srpgMovePlus:n>"
(its a Plugin with Skill Notetag(="<srpgMovePlus:n>") for changing the Movement of those who learned the Skill)

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan good catch- updated SRPG_AoE to only add more actions once, using the same logic as only paying the skill / item cost once. Added a note to the documentation for anyone using script calls to mess with the action count as well, since there were some minor side effects.

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to restrict where the cursor can move? For example, preventing the cursor from moving onto a particular tile, terrain, or general area of a map.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to restrict where the cursor can move? For example, preventing the cursor from moving onto a particular tile, terrain, or general area of a map.
@ maliyana
Well you could use Galv Cam Controll Plugin (its part of the UpdatedDemo) and set a Cam Focus ,this way the Curser cant reach the Map outside of the Focus till u clear the Focus or set another One..
But you probably want more something like regions that blocks the Cursor? A few more informations what you want to do with it , could perhaps help to figure something out something that fits..
--
@ All
Im currently tryin to implement SRPG_DispHPOnMap into the UpdatedDemo but without an addittional yep Plugin ,(because the SRPGdemo uses only free Plugins and it also works without another Plugin).. and i could need some help in Editing SRPG_DispHPOnMap, in order to get the right Size&Position for an OnMapHP-Bar. If anybody knows how to do this pls let me know,,

Example A -Thats the Default Size and Position
1.png
--
Example B -Thats the the Best Positions i could edit
2.png
--
Example C -Thats the Best Size I could Edit
3.png
=> I would like to Use the Position of Example B and the Size of Example C.
But i couldnt make it work ..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The cursor is just the same as the normal character moving around on the map with "through" set to "true". So any plugin that can restrict a player character with "through" movement would work, if you find one- otherwise, not really.

I'd also question why you're trying to stop the cursor from moving over something- the player is generally going to expect to be able to move past everything, even if they can't actually select it, and there's other ways to stop something from being selectable.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the Signature Spoiler: added Updated-SRPG_Demo Version 1.7 (both Versions 1.70 & 1.71)
eg1.png
--
eg2.png
- added excellent Sound >> free Extra Soundfile.Zip (dont forget to CREDIT Autor: Jun Inor)
- added Plugins:
SRPG_DispHPOnMap.js (show Battle Unit HP-Bar)
SRPG_TargetLowHP.js
(show Agroo & Agroo VS Actor with Lowest HP)
>>Added: translated to English Plugin Help Description and added some Imgs for "TargetLowHP"
- added to the PluginManager (& Disabled) "SRPG_DirectSkill"

--> with this Update every SRPG Plugin i could find and consider to be Compatible,
should be part of the PluginManger Now.

==> if Somebody finds any unknown Bugs or Incompatibletys pls let me know!
---

And one Question: does anybody know what this SRPG_core-Scriptcall exactly does and give an Example on where to use it?
this.isSubPhaseNormal(SwitchID); # Whether the player selects the unit to be operated (ON is the same as when the menu can be opened).
EDIT

About the Frames plugin issue "E" "X" "A",.. (Example Video @#629)
I tried More Character Frames -Plugin instead of the one from galv,and it seems to have the same
Problem.I tested 4 Frames and 8 Frames ..4= shows "E" "X"_ 8=shows "E" "X" "A" .. and i think its
probably a Conflict with "srpg_set"
22.png
--
33.png
--
99.png
Thats Probably where this can be solved with JS
(but i dont have the Skill to edit this)
Probably the solution for one of those "Frame"Plugins would be the solution for all of them ,no matter which "Frame"Plugin we choose..

Last edited:

ses1715

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question
If actor use aoe skill, actor consume mp for each target
For example, if actor use mp cost 3 skill and hit 3 enemy, that skill consume 3 x 3 = 9 mp

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question
If actor use aoe skill, actor consume mp for each target
For example, if actor use mp cost 3 skill and hit 3 enemy, that skill consume 3 x 3 = 9 mp
@ ses1715
This Sounds like an older Problem (a Problem of older Plugin Version)..pls download the Newest Version of SRPG_AoE.js and look if the Problem is solved..
(You can also find the Newest Versions of all SRPG plugins in the UpdatedSRPG_Demo 1.7)
(...)updated SRPG_AoE to only add more actions once, using the same logic as only paying the skill / item cost once. (...)

Last edited:

ses1715

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ ses1715
This Sounds like an older Problem (a Problem of older Plugin Version)..pls download the Newest Version of SRPG_AoE.js and look if the Problem is solved..
(You can also find the Newest Versions of all SRPG plugins in the UpdatedSRPG_Demo 1.7)
Of course I used newest version of srpg_aoe.js and tested your 1.71 version.
Please test your 1.71 version. aoe skill consume mp for each target.
for example <srpgAreaRange: 1> skill's mp cost 1, if hit the 5 enemy, it consume 5 mp
I used your 1.71 version and made gif file but that is too large so occured error. i wanted you see this error in your 1.71 version but failed... it is so frustrating
please believe me... please...

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Of course I used newest version of srpg_aoe.js and tested your 1.71 version.
Please test your 1.71 version. aoe skill consume mp for each target.
for example <srpgAreaRange: 1> skill's mp cost 1, if hit the 5 enemy, it consume 5 mp
I used your 1.71 version and made gif file but that is too large so occured error. i wanted you see this error in your 1.71 version but failed... it is so frustrating
please believe me... please...
@ses1715
I just tested it
,and i am sorry ,you are right the current srpg_aoe.js is buged.
This was an old bug and should not be there, thats why i thought you used an old Plugin Version.
I think this bug is probably a part of the last bugfix on the "addActionTimes" & srpg_aoe.js conflict.
Thank you for showing the Bug! Probably Doktor_Q will fix this Bug and Upload the Fixed Plugin soon.
(BUG= Each AOE Hit Consumes MP)

1111.png
--
3333.png
--
555555.png
EDIT
The UpdatedSRPG_Demo wil be Bugfixed Soon.Done
Links are availleble again ,Version 1.7 ( = 1.70&1.71 ) is Fixed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Overused ---

Hero: (Drink 3 HP Bottle L)
F.Healer: Don't drink too much,or you got sick!
Hero: Nah,i'm okay. it's the way to repleni---
(Hero Collapse)
Hero: (Weak) Ugh...my head (Coughing Then Vomiting)
F.Healer: I told you to don't Drink 3 HP Bottle L or you're Sick. Let's go to Doctor.
Shaking off the dust. Clearing the cobwebs. Time to get back to gam-mak!
I should have looked for this earlier....

It makes MV only need OGG files, and it fixes the audio lag issue. :LZSexcite:
Battle of the original characters! my main character for my game vs. my friend's main character of his comic...
A video game has a brand attached to it.
No offence meant, but it is disadvantageous to use the default RM graphics due to the fact that they can correlate your game strongly to other RM games and whatever associations a user has with those unrelated games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pen