Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes try to rearange them before u disable some of them it looks a bit chaotic..
YEP Plugins have its own order that can be found at Yep webiste
i advise to make first the basic module which i cant see on your setup, than the yep plugins in their right order,than the srpg Plugins like in the Demo,then all the other plugins ..
also it could be that you dont use all DrQ plugins? i recommend to use them all..(only "directskill" is not needed and only Optional)
View attachment 149832

and i think u have some Yep Plugins missing (action sequense pack 1-3 for example),, they where in the first SRPG demo from this Forum first posting
(not updated demo i mean the default SRPG-Demo)

edit.
and you should delete the VE plugins i showd a bug earlier,and i didnt test other VE Plugins compatblety
1593727265364.png
well, good, cause I added that dopan aoe skill thing and it refuses to work now.
Edit: Nvm, I had put them in the wrong order

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman

Here a Image of All SRPG Plugins in the right order marked Pink
pls make sure to use them All (only Directskill is optional)
srpg plugins in the right order.png
All other Yep Plugins above in their Yep order , and all other plugins below

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman

Here a Image of All SRPG Plugins in the right order marked Pink
pls make sure to use them All (only Directskill is optional)
View attachment 149838
All other Yep Plugins above in their Yep order , and all other plugins below
1593790537591.png
well, here, I put them in the right order, pretty. However, now I have another problem, the enemy ai just refuses to attack me because it doesn't show the damage zone, thanks to rangecontrol plugin, andfor some reason ai control and rangecontrol depend of each other
1593790649838.png
All blue but no red as you can see
1593790682600.png
If I deactivate both plugins, however.
1593790969397.png
1593791003787.png
did this ever happen to you? if so, do you know how I do solve it?

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman Place patches directly beneath the core plugin, and if you're using SRPG_AIControl, I imagine you can remove SRPG_TargetLowHP since that's a fairly easy condition to write (set the target formula to -b.hp or -b.hpRate(), depending on if you want lowest HP number, or lowest HP percent).

Ideally, SRPG_RangeControl should be just below SRPG_AoE plugins and SRPG_PositionEffects plugins, but above as many others as possible.

I believe SRPG_IndirectAttack is unnecessary with the latest core version, since there's now a notetag to make a skill only usable before movement.

SRPG_PassiveSkill isn't required, since SRPG_RangeControl lets you use <srpgMovePlus> notetags on skills as well as actors and enemies, among other things.

And yes, SRPG_AIControl depends on SRPG_RangeControl, because RangeControl changes how ranges are calculated and stored into a format that the AI can use to navigate and select targets without freezing constantly. I believe that dependency is mentioned in the help file for AIControl.

If the red zone isn't showing up, it probably means there's a problem with how you have configured the range of their normal attacks or weapons, or else a conflict with another plugin.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did this ever happen to you? if so, do you know how I do solve it?
i dont know that Issue. i can see 1 thing that is wrong in your Pluginmanager (and can cause problems)
Screenshot_1.png
..and Im not sure if u use the same Plugin Setup like in my Image #682

For Example "indierect Attack" -plugin in your Setup ,is not needed because of SRPG_core -> skill or item's note :
<notUseAfterMove> # The skill cannot be used after moving.

And its in the wrong positions (if u wanna keep it)

Please try to use the exact same SRPG Plugin Setup like in the Image from #682
-because this should work,and later if you got that and if it works you can try to disable SRPG Plugins which you dont want to use and look if it still works..
-->However if you got the exact same SRPG Plugin Setup (from #682) and there are still bugs, than u have to disable your other Not-Srpg-Plugins in order to find out which plugin makes a problem.
-------
Edit @ All

Doktor_Q
said:
SRPG_PassiveSkill isn't required, since SRPG_RangeControl lets you use <srpgMovePlus> notetags on skills as well as actors and enemies, among other things.

Ideally, SRPG_RangeControl should be just below SRPG_AoE plugins and SRPG_PositionEffects plugins, but above as many others as possible.
i didnt recognized that and will change it in the nextUpdate..
and I will rearange the position of SRPG_RangeControl like DrQ mentioned it..
(even if the current PluginManager setup works for the demo)

updated PluginManager IMG (SRPG Plugins only):
-> pls put Yep Plugins above and other Plugins below.
SRPG Plugins default List.png

I added "Optional" at a few points to make it easier to see which SRPG plugins are not required but still compatible
@ Doktor_Q
if there is any Mistake in this PluginManager Setup pls let me know

Edit 2
Updated-SRPG_Demo2.3 ->Link in Signature Spoiler Updated

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont know that Issue. i can see 1 thing that is wrong in your Pluginmanager (and can cause problems)
View attachment 149962
..and Im not sure if u use the same Plugin Setup like in my Image #682

For Example "indierect Attack" -plugin in your Setup ,is not needed because of SRPG_core -> skill or item's note :
<notUseAfterMove> # The skill cannot be used after moving.

And its in the wrong positions (if u wanna keep it)

Please try to use the exact same SRPG Plugin Setup like in the Image from #682
-because this should work,and later if you got that and if it works you can try to disable SRPG Plugins which you dont want to use and look if it still works..
-->However if you got the exact same SRPG Plugin Setup (from #682) and there are still bugs, than u have to disable your other Not-Srpg-Plugins in order to find out which plugin makes a problem.
-------
Edit @ All

Doktor_Q
said:

i didnt recognized that and will change it in the nextUpdate..
and I will rearange the position of SRPG_RangeControl like DrQ mentioned it..
(even if the current PluginManager setup works for the demo)

updated PluginManager IMG (SRPG Plugins only):
-> pls put Yep Plugins above and other Plugins below.
View attachment 149994

I added "Optional" at a few points to make it easier to see which SRPG plugins are not required but still compatible
@ Doktor_Q
if there is any Mistake in this PluginManager Setup pls let me know

Edit 2
Updated-SRPG_Demo2.3 ->Link in Signature Spoiler Updated
well, I got good and bad news for you
I rearranged the plugins once more like you show in this pic and now the enemy wants to actually attack me, and also finally wants to use AOE.
the bad news is that for some reason we aren't counterattacking, maybe I need to config that on the plugin and well, this.1593815788221.png
At least I am a step ahead than before.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, I got good and bad news for you
I rearranged the plugins once more like you show in this pic and now the enemy wants to actually attack me, and also finally wants to use AOE.
the bad news is that for some reason we aren't counterattacking, maybe I need to config that on the plugin and well, this.View attachment 150015
At least I am a step ahead than before.
About the counter problem: (its not a bug)
you have to set ex parameter counter%
statcounter plugin.png
set counter ex parameter.png

About the error message-IMG: i dont know where that happens but it looks the same like an error you posted earlier
(#669 here)
-> only difference is, it seems that something with a "event" is wrong so the system has problems to read it
error.png

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman You'll need to tell me exactly when that error is popping up- what skill is being used, who's using it, and who's in range. It seems likely its another plugin order problem, but I want to make sure it's not something really weird with a certain target, or anything like that.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman You'll need to tell me exactly when that error is popping up- what skill is being used, who's using it, and who's in range. It seems likely its another plugin order problem, but I want to make sure it's not something really weird with a certain target, or anything like that.
well do you need an entire report with F12?
the skill that's being used is this one
1593822718574.png
being used by this guy
1593822750402.png
1593822872809.png
against this girl
1593822834529.png

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well do you need an entire report with F12?
the skill that's being used is this one
View attachment 150020
being used by this guy
View attachment 150021
View attachment 150023
against this girl
View attachment 150022
I am pretty sure the Problem is a wrong Setting.
-> the system wants to use the skill but the "event"-enemy
doesnt have the skill-type and skill learned.. and there is no other attack option, so the sytem dont know what to do.
enemy setting.png
skill setting.png

Edit .
DrQ said:
Enemies do not need to learn skills or skill types, putting them in the AI grid is sufficient. There's also a default attack animation that gets used if you don't specify one.
i tested it and DrQ is right.i didnt know that^^

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am pretty sure the Problem is a wrong Setting.
-> the system wants to use the skill but the "event"-enemy
doesnt have
the skill-type and skill learned.. and there is no other attack option, so the sytem dont know what to do.
View attachment 150024
View attachment 150025
Enemies do not need to learn skills or skill types, putting them in the AI grid is sufficient. There's also a default attack animation that gets used if you don't specify one.

@Yew Bowman As far as I can tell, your AI units are somehow using their AoE skill but without any actual targets in range, thus, when it tries to see which event is associated with the first target, hence "cannot read property 'event' of undefined"- the first target doesn't exist (is undefined), so it can't find the event (event property on the first target). Can you confirm that the player use the same AoE skill correctly?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Pardon me, for the perhaps obvious question, but from that last demo video it appears that the plugin now does work without entering the battle scene? I'm just asking because in the OP it states that that's a planned feature. Unless I misunderstood what that To Do means. (in my mind it's making it less Fire Emblemesque and more FFTesque)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pardon me, for the perhaps obvious question, but from that last demo video it appears that the plugin now does work without entering the battle scene? I'm just asking because in the OP it states that that's a planned feature. Unless I misunderstood what that To Do means. (in my mind it's making it less Fire Emblemesque and more FFTesque)
Im not sure which video ,or battlescene u mean..
But if its about the SV (sideview) battle, this can be enabled/disabled with the "mapBattle"-Plugin,
you can disable SV completly or just for a single skill..
-from the mapbattle help info:
New skill / item tags:

<mapBattle:true> always uses this skill on the map

<mapBattle:false> never uses this skill on the map

==> uses this skill "on the map" = no SV battle

edit
-and u can use a switch to enable or disable Mapbattle Mode completly
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Yew Bowman As far as I can tell, your AI units are somehow using their AoE skill but without any actual targets in range, thus, when it tries to see which event is associated with the first target, hence "cannot read property 'event' of undefined"- the first target doesn't exist (is undefined), so it can't find the event (event property on the first target). Can you confirm that the player use the same AoE skill correctly?
1593825935335.png
welp, I tried with the speary bois and it seems to work just fine, the enemy one gets crashed when one or two impale the girl.
crashed again.gif
again, do you need a f12 report?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Thanks @Dopan ! that's the only thing that was keeping me from checking this out, lol.

I'm referring to this section of the opening post:
Planned feature:
  • On Map Battle. Do battle on the map without entering MV battle scene.
  • Mouse System. Improve mouse system navigation.
It appears that On Map Battle is no longer a Planned feature but an Implemented one, instead.

Anyway thanks for the thorough explanation! I'm eager to try this out.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @Dopan ! that's the only thing that was keeping me from checking this out, lol.

It appears that On Map Battle is no longer a Planned feature but an Implemented one, instead.

thanks to DrQ we got a lot new features, thats why i made the "Updated-SRPG_Demo" it is a edited extension of the Default Demo from the opening post and it has all working and Compatible SRPG Plugins i could find.
(Updated SRPG Core and all of DrQs SRPG Plugins included)
-there are also a few other not-SRPG Plugins in the Updated-SRPG_Demo and i used only free Plugins , ..
(only credits required on most)
Its Free to Use (links in the Signature Spoiler)

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've been making my own set of extensions to the plugin, and implementing new features I wanted to see that weren't in the base plugin already. Since I'm not actually connected to the original author (of this thread or the japanese version of the plugin), the OP doesn't reflect any of the extras I've added, which is where the github linked in my signature comes into play, as well as the demo project Dopan has kindly put together.

@Yew Bowman At this point, anything you can provide will help.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been making my own set of extensions to the plugin, and implementing new features I wanted to see that weren't in the base plugin already. Since I'm not actually connected to the original author (of this thread or the japanese version of the plugin), the OP doesn't reflect any of the extras I've added, which is where the github linked in my signature comes into play, as well as the demo project Dopan has kindly put together.

@Yew Bowman At this point, anything you can provide will help.
well here, this is what the console report gives me:

t Community_Basic.js:281
at Community_Basic.js:285
pixi.js:27682
PixiJS 4.5.4 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

YEP_CoreEngine.js:1098 TypeError: Cannot read property 'event' of undefined
at Scene_Map.srpgAITarget (SRPG_AIControl.js:595)
at Scene_Map.srpgAICommand (SRPG_AIControl.js:415)
at Scene_Map.srpgInvokeEnemyCommand (SRPG_AIControl.js:290)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_core.js:5133)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_MapBattle.js:201)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_UX_Windows.js:109)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
SceneManager.catchException @ YEP_CoreEngine.js:1098
1593838474081.png

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well here, this is what the console report gives me:

t Community_Basic.js:281
at Community_Basic.js:285
pixi.js:27682
PixiJS 4.5.4 - ✰ WebGL ✰ http://www.pixijs.com/ ♥♥♥

YEP_CoreEngine.js:1098 TypeError: Cannot read property 'event' of undefined
at Scene_Map.srpgAITarget (SRPG_AIControl.js:595)
at Scene_Map.srpgAICommand (SRPG_AIControl.js:415)
at Scene_Map.srpgInvokeEnemyCommand (SRPG_AIControl.js:290)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_core.js:5133)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_MapBattle.js:201)
at Scene_Map.update (SRPG_UX_Windows.js:109)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.update (rpg_managers.js:1907)
SceneManager.catchException @ YEP_CoreEngine.js:1098
View attachment 150050
on the last image i can see 2 errors :
1. has something to do with autosave:
"Autosavefileid is not a function"

2.is the error from the earlier error image..
perhaps the Plugin order of your YEP plugins(link for the right YeP plugin Order) isnt right?
-also the Default Demo from OP(#1) had a few YEP Plugins and a "YEP X Battleobject" plugin which where part of the first default setup,thats why i used them also in the UpdatedDemo,perhaps a plugin is missing in your Project?
--> sry im just guessing here..

edit
Here a few Images : (spoiler)
1.your older image plugin Setup
2. from the Updated Demo the pink marked Plugins were default in the first SRPG Demo. pls make sure to use these minimum
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
..i saw yep X counter-controll Plugin in your setup,and i never tested the compatiblety to this plugin,..

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
on the last image i can see 2 errors :
1. has something to do with autosave:
"Autosavefileid is not a function"

2.is the error from the earlier error image..
perhaps the Plugin order of your YEP plugins(link for the right YeP plugin Order) isnt right?
-also the Default Demo from OP(#1) had a few YEP Plugins and a "YEP X Battleobject" plugin which where part of the first default setup,thats why i used them also in the UpdatedDemo,perhaps a plugin is missing in your Project?
--> sry im just guessing here..

edit
Here a few Images : (spoiler)
1.your older image plugin Setup
2. from the Updated Demo the pink marked Plugins were default in the first SRPG Demo. pls make sure to use these minimum
..i saw yep X counter-controll Plugin in your setup,and i never tested the compatiblety to this plugin,..
well, I tried adding those plugins and still get that same error
1593890153708.png
1593890283499.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:
I'm having a fun time working with the MZ RTP. The waterfall hasn't changed, though, so I'm wondering if they didn't make a new one or if they forgot to put it in...

good progress on the typescript Definitions files almost done all the Manager and yet I still have to do the Battle Manager...who is seriously so much data lol
Are the export options for MZ known yet?
I thought they were supposed to be my friends T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RegularManGuy