Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(..)
Also, one note for the third map of the demo game, but I ended up talking to the fairy and her message loops no matter what I do. I can't get out of talking to her so I had to end the game prematurely since I was locked into the loop ;w;
I looked for the "locked into Loop" Situation.. i think this was made in order to make the user look into the Event..
..here is the exit for this Situation:
Screenshot_1.png
------
@All

Finally the Aura function works in SRPG_BattleUnits.js..
there is still a little Conflict betwen Zoom and Looping Plugin Commands but thats a small Issue ..and SRPG_UnitCall.js isnt tested yet..but atleast "Aura" works and there is an example Setup for Aura in the Updated-SRPG-Demo 2.8 now.
Changelog: (mostly on Default map 0)
- REupLoaded the Updated-SRPG Demo.2.8

-Added YEP_Passive-Auto_States but didnt used them..
-Added States (Friend,Enemy,BattleUnit) into the EventPages of the Units..
-Added "better Event ID input" into the Eventpage of the Units..
(also an Example in CommonEvent for "normal" EventID input)
-Added Common Events and added stuff to CommenEvent "SRPG Battle"..to manage "Dopans Plugins".
-Reworked SRPG_BattleUnits.js ...it works Bugfree now and is able to calculate the Distance betwen 1 and 100 other Units (Events)..
-Reworked Plugin Descriptions of "Dopans SRPG_Plugins " and Added "//info" into the Code of SRPG_BattleUnits.js..

Note: the Aura Setup is only made for Actor 9 at the moment to show how it works..this can be extended with an extra common event and some "If conditions" about other actors beeing State affected with Aura.. ill add that in the next update.
(that means Actor 9 is supposed to be State affected by the Main-Aura-State in order to affect all FriendlyUnits in EffectRange with the "aura-child-state")

ToDoList:(before next update)
- SRPG_UnitCall.js is not tested yet..
- the "Zoom" and "The Show Animation Loop Timming",will be reworked to avoid conflicts in the next update.,.
- make the Aura Main State useable for all Actor Units,with an additional CommonEvent Done
-> Preview
(Aura should also work for or against Enemys but i didnt tested that yet)
If anybody has questions or Recognizes Bugs ,pls let me know..
(...)

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! It's been a while but I'm picking up my project again and trying to remember how SRPG works and all. Thanks so much both of you for putting so much effort and making all these tools avaliable. I have a LOT of questions but I should probably start with a small one:

does anyone know if there's a way to make the in-map event be the "target" of flashes (as set in animations)? Right now, if I set a "flash" in an animation to show in the target, the flash acts on the cursor, not the event graphic itself.

Btw I'm using MapBattle, so I'm not using side battles

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(..)
does anyone know if there's a way to make the in-map event be the "target" of flashes (as set in animations)? Right now, if I set a "flash" in an animation to show in the target, the flash acts on the cursor, not the event graphic itself.
Screenshot_1.png

- u can always use the EVENT ID and script:
Code:
$gameMap.event(EVENT ID).requestAnimation(ANI ID);
- or if u preffer Plugin Command u can use "SRPG_UnitCall.js"
i tested only the animation Command^^..
(this Plugin has probably also buged Commands not fully tested yet)
Screenshot_2.png

That way u make sure the Animation is on the Event and not on the Cursor (Cursor = Player)
Or u use "wait" in the animation setup in order to make the cursor wait till the Animation is finished before moving to another Event/Unit

Edit .
@ ALL
In order to have better control over the Looping Plugin Commands, which can make delays on "Custom Ex" functions for Example,,i made another small Plugin.It adds Scriptcalls to SRPG immitating a Scriptcall that allready Exists: "this.isSubPhaseNormal(SwitchID);"
"SRPG_PhaseSwitches.js"
is really easy to use ,plug and play.Only Scriptcalls are required.
(i use it to have better Control over Zoom timing and the Looping PluginCommands for EG)
Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png
And i added a Small "Blank" Plugin to "Dopans SRPG_Plugins.zip" with only 1 Switch and 1 Var and the whole Setup to make a Plugin Command,.. just in Case anybody wants to try to build a small Plugin^^
(I take no credits on "SRPG_Blank" ,most code is copy pasted, from others who provided this for Beginners.)

edit
pls Note:SRPG_PhaseSwitches.js doesnt work,im trying to fix that.

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

- u can always use the EVENT ID and script:
Code:
$gameMap.event(EVENT ID).requestAnimation(ANI ID);
- or if u preffer Plugin Command u can use "SRPG_UnitCall.js"
i tested only the animation Command^^..
(this Plugin has probably also buged Commands not fully tested yet)

That way u make sure the Animation is on the Event and not on the Cursor (Cursor = Player)
Or u use "wait" in the animation setup in order to make the cursor wait till the Animation is finished before moving to another Event/Unit
thanks for the quick answer! I'm sorry, but I just realized that the problem is actually MapBattle's directional animations. When it's a non-directional animation, everything works fine. any idea what part of MapBattle I could change to apply the same principles to directional animations?

If there's no way around it, I imagine that another solution would be using the code you gave me with some conditionals to check directions, right?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the quick answer! I'm sorry, but I just realized that the problem is actually MapBattle's directional animations. When it's a non-directional animation, everything works fine. any idea what part of MapBattle I could change to apply the same principles to directional animations?

If there's no way around it, I imagine that another solution would be using the code you gave me with some conditionals to check directions, right?
thats new to me ,any Animation which is adressed with Event iD should work on that Event.
Im not sure if its about an "empty" target where u want no animation in dierecktional AOEs, or that the animation is somehow on the wrong place.. a Screenshot or Video could help.

i woulld like to have more Informations if possible, in order to find out if its a Bug, of just a conflict of Functions which can be avoided somehow..
(btw there is also a delay function for the default animations usage in the SRPG_MapBattle-Plugin)

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just started giving SRPG a try after being near my limit of frustration with LTBS's many bugs. Anyway, I was wondering where in the code is turn order determined? I use Luck (renamed Speed) to determine turn order in my project, while Agility is renamed Dexterity and is used for dmg, hit, crit, counter, etc. Usually I just Ctrl-F a plugin and look for any instances of "agi" and change it to "luk", which has worked fine for me in the past. However, looking through SRPG_core.js, I couldn't find a single mention of "agi" (except within the word "magical"). I also looked through SPRG_MapBattle.js as well since I plan to use it. So I actually have 2 questions:
  • How & where is turn order determined?
  • Can I tie movement range to a stat? Namely Luck (Speed).

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just started giving SRPG a try after being near my limit of frustration with LTBS's many bugs. Anyway, I was wondering where in the code is turn order determined? I use Luck (renamed Speed) to determine turn order in my project, while Agility is renamed Dexterity and is used for dmg, hit, crit, counter, etc. Usually I just Ctrl-F a plugin and look for any instances of "agi" and change it to "luk", which has worked fine for me in the past. However, looking through SRPG_core.js, I couldn't find a single mention of "agi" (except within the word "magical"). I also looked through SPRG_MapBattle.js as well since I plan to use it. So I actually have 2 questions:
There's no specified turn order- much like Fire Emblem, Disgaea, or other tactics games of their ilk, there's a "player phase" followed by an "enemy phase." During the player phase, you can select units and have them act one by one, and once no more of your units can act or you end the turn, it goes on to the enemy phase. The enemy units act one by one, and when they're done, it goes back to the player phase on the next turn, etc.

Movement range can't be tied to another stat, as it's a new stat of its own, controlled by notetags listed in the documentation. If you want movement to always match speed, just make anything that modifies movement also modify speed by the same amount.

In general, the SRPG_core is built around team turns instead of individual ones, and characters always do movement first, attack second, unlike the LeTBS system. It also currently doesn't have a simple equivalent of summons, marks, or auras- though Dopan has figured out some ways to handle summons and auras with enough eventing work.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- there are 6 battleMapMaking Events:
Screen.png

<type:beforeBattle> # before action

<type:battleStart> # start this event when only battle start.

<type:actorTurn> # start this event when actor turn start.

<type:enemyTurn> # start this event when enemy turn start.

<type:turnEnd> # start this event when turn end.

<type:afterAction> # start this event when actor or enemy action.
-movement range can be changed in several ways with plugins,or if u are going deeper with selfmade Scriptcalls.
If u use "$gameMap" in Console (F8) while on battleMap than u can find where there function is..(EG IMGs Spoiler)
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making an AOE grenade item that can damage ally and enemy alike. An issue arises when it kills the user, if they happen to be in the blast radius, where the attack does not damage anybody afterwards. Does anyone know a way around this?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making an AOE grenade item that can damage ally and enemy alike. An issue arises when it kills the user, if they happen to be in the blast radius, where the attack does not damage anybody afterwards. Does anyone know a way around this?
AOE Skill / item notetags:

Code:
<srpgAreaOrder:near> select targets from nearest to furthest (default)
<srpgAreaOrder:far>  select targets from furthest to nearets
you could change from the default "near" to "far" and look if that helps the user to get hit later..
..Edit
or with some eventing u could use the "invisible State" triggered on User ,with "Custom Execution" or pre-action and disabled with post-action .. ..that way if user gets to 0 hp before post action he will stay alive till post action and die at post action if he has still 0 hp.
(its some work in eventing.."add and remove State on User" but not impossible)

Last edited:

Leon_Artmann

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thats new to me ,any Animation which is adressed with Event iD should work on that Event.
Im not sure if its about an "empty" target where u want no animation in dierecktional AOEs, or that the animation is somehow on the wrong place.. a Screenshot or Video could help.
However with the new plugin "SRPG_PhaseSwitches.js" you can reach nearly any timing which is possible..
But i woulld like to have more Informations if possible, in order to find out if its a Bug, of just a conflict of Functions which can be avoided somehow..
(btw there is also a delay function for the default animations usage in the SRPG_MapBattle-Plugin)
that's the thing, animations are working fine except for any "flashes" that happen in directional animation. Here's a video:

as you can see, the arrow attack flashes the cursor, while the regular attack flashes normally, even though both animations have flashes set to "target" in the database.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that's the thing, animations are working fine except for any "flashes" that happen in directional animation. Here's a video:

as you can see, the arrow attack flashes the cursor, while the regular attack flashes normally, even though both animations have flashes set to "target" in the database.
you mean the short red flash after the hit? which is on the curser on the "arrow" target" and on the person on the "sword target"?
-first of all i like that arrow animation.. nice!
-second i think "target" can mean "curser" because the target is under the cursor.. try an extra animation on the Event which get hit from arrow. after the arrow hit..Im stll not sure why this makes the cursor flash red for a sec..
And why this only happen in the one case but not in the other case..
.. perhaps its an (directional)AOE Issue which can be fixed in the Plugin but thats something only Doktor_Q could do (if its a bug)..

- @ Doktor_Q.. btw i really like to know what a "Mark" in the LeTBS system exactly is an does, perhaps i could try to replicate that somehow..

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan A mark or glyph is a tile effect created by skills- for example, if you had a fireball that leaves burning ground in its wake. The system had a lot of control over marks, such as when they triggered their effect (entering, exiting, each step inside, ending turn) as well as things like having marks vanish after being activated a certain number of times, good for making traps or snares, and having a single mark cover multiple tiles. I attempted to replicate it a bit myself early on, but it's really complicated and I only got as far as the SRPG_FloorDamage.

I suppose you could use events to try and replicate the effects per-map, though it would become rather intensive to manage.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan A mark or glyph is a tile effect created by skills- for example, if you had a fireball that leaves burning ground in its wake. The system had a lot of control over marks, such as when they triggered their effect (entering, exiting, each step inside, ending turn) as well as things like having marks vanish after being activated a certain number of times, good for making traps or snares, and having a single mark cover multiple tiles. I attempted to replicate it a bit myself early on, but it's really complicated and I only got as far as the SRPG_FloorDamage.

I suppose you could use events to try and replicate the effects per-map, though it would become rather intensive to manage.
Edit
well thats pretty new to me, it sounds like something that could be replicated with Regions , Eventing , selfSwitches and "Start Event Page"-fuction to Control Events Selfswitches .. but thats just a vage Idea..:

->Events (or Common Events) that get triggerd on all Regions & some Switches/SelfSwitches
=> this way this is only used, if Regions are used and all XY Positions on Map are Adressed with the Regions
-> those Events (or Common Events) could Store Functions which get seperated by the Switches and SelfSwithes
-> some Switches could control which XY Positions are Used or Not used while all other XY Positions are Not Used or Used.
-> Other Switches can control what function is used..
.. Im still not sure if i understand completly what "Marks" are and how they were set and worked in LeTBS .. and if this Idea is similar to what "Marks" do..

..but at the moment im not skilled enough to try replicating this

(but ill keep the mark thing in Mind..thx for the input)

Last edited:

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
AOE Skill / item notetags:

Code:
<srpgAreaOrder:near> select targets from nearest to furthest (default)
<srpgAreaOrder:far>  select targets from furthest to nearets
you could change from the default "near" to "far" and look if that helps the user to get hit later..
..Edit
or with some eventing u could use the "invisible State" triggered on User ,with "Custom Execution" or pre-action and disabled with post-action .. ..that way if user gets to 0 hp before post action he will stay alive till post action and die at post action if he has still 0 hp.
(its some work in eventing.."add and remove State on User" but not impossible)
Tried the invisible state with a post action script and it worked like a charm!

On the other hand, is it possible to have AOE animations play once as oppose to playing for each target? Seeing one grenade explode seven times is a bit jarring, to say the least.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

On the other hand, is it possible to have AOE animations play once as oppose to playing for each target? Seeing one grenade explode seven times is a bit jarring, to say the least.
-> nice^^ that it worked for u
->u can Disable the "default Animation" on that Skill and use:
- Custem EX skill notetag(Yep Skill core) to trigger a Common Event before the hit is done
("normal" -not CustomEx- SkillTriggeredComon Events trigger after the hit is done its just a small difference but that can be important,,)

-u can use a Moving Animation for the Grenade and an addittional solo Animation for the Explosion.. use ActingEvent and TargetEvent to adress the Animation..
(with the Custom Ex connected Common Event )
-there are examples how to make this in the Current Demo which is in my Signature Spoiler ("Fireblast" -magic_skill for Example)

EDIT

the following Example from
Doktor_Q
is probably less complicated ^^
both should work fine for you

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Play the explosion as a target animation (so its on the center of the AoE, instead of the units being hit by the AoE) from a <Custom Execution> tag (from Yanfly skill core), is how I've been doing it. Then you can have a separate "hit by explosion" animation for each unit if you want.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Re-Uploaded the Version 2.8 Edit of the Updated-SRPG_Demo.
And Re-Uploaded the "Dopans Plugins.zip".. Links in my Signature Spoiler

Updated-SRPG_Demo 2.8.
-fixed SRPG_PhaseSwitches.js
(adds 16 addtional Scriptcalls for PhaseSwitches to SRPG)

-added a small "gain exp changing" Plugin to the demo
(AB_exp.js) (jap but translated)
(not tested and not inserted in the Plugin Manager.. its in the js Folder)

-added better Setup for Aura and Aura is available for all Actors

-Improved timing on Zoom and the Looping Plugin Commands

-added the Fixed Plugin SRPG_PhaseSwitches.js to the demo

-added Imgs to show all Phases (of SRPG_PhaseSwitches)..

=> and added 2 small Selfmade IMGs(water&fire) which can be used as marks with set image in a Common Event after Skill usage on the target position.(the Default size is a bit smaller than a regular Tile)
=>thats only a small but easy way to add a "burned" Effect on the Target Position..For EG: Img can lose Opacity each turn and be deleted after a few turns ,with some eventing
=> there is no Plugin or eventing-Setup for this, only the IMGs if someone wants to experiment with it..

Last edited:

TheAzureFox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So uhhhhhh

question....

I'm trying to replicate the basics of the battle system on a map within the updated demo's parameters so I can make the system's bare mechanics easy to copy and paste between maps in my own game but uhhhh

I think I messed up somewhere because I can get to the point where the turn goes to the enemy for the first time but here's the thing: Harold turns into an enemy bat whenever I guard or prepare, making it so that the enemy's turn never ends and I lose my only player character ;w;

trying to figure out how to fix this but im stuck. I included the commands I have below but I've checked the skills for Guard and Prepare (which I haven't changed anything of) and I don't have a command to turn the player into an enemy so ??? Help???

And for reference: Here's a video of what happens. The only events I have are events that are the: <type:battleStart> (which is where the orc is...for whatever reason. Completely unsure why the event transformed into an orc), <type:actorTurn> (with the addactor ID script inside), <type:enemyTurn> (with the two enemy ID's inside), and then a <type:afterAction> which is a copy and paste from the chapter one forest map

(Also btw thank you for last time! I managed to finish the original demo today and it was total fun! Haven't tried the updated demo yet aside from the levels that allow you to summon Shadow and fuse with him (which is cool by the way!! I want to test that in my own game once I get this system working >W<)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So uhhhhhh

question....

I'm trying to replicate the basics of the battle system on a map within the updated demo's parameters so I can make the system's bare mechanics easy to copy and paste between maps in my own game but uhhhh

I think I messed up somewhere because I can get to the point where the turn goes to the enemy for the first time but here's the thing: Harold turns into an enemy bat whenever I guard or prepare, making it so that the enemy's turn never ends and I lose my only player character ;w;

trying to figure out how to fix this but im stuck. I included the commands I have below but I've checked the skills for Guard and Prepare (which I haven't changed anything of) and I don't have a command to turn the player into an enemy so ??? Help???

And for reference: Here's a video of what happens. The only events I have are events that are the: <type:battleStart> (which is where the orc is...for whatever reason. Completely unsure why the event transformed into an orc), <type:actorTurn> (with the addactor ID script inside), <type:enemyTurn> (with the two enemy ID's inside), and then a <type:afterAction> which is a copy and paste from the chapter one forest map

(Also btw thank you for last time! I managed to finish the original demo today and it was total fun! Haven't tried the updated demo yet aside from the levels that allow you to summon Shadow and fuse with him (which is cool by the way!! I want to test that in my own game once I get this system working >W<)
first of all u Need all of the 6 BattleMap making Events.. you can copy paste them from any map and study what they do.. In most of Chucks Maps i made them pretty clean so that everything is handled in Common events ..
If you have the 6 Events and the Problem still happens ,i would look in the Event Page of the ActorUnitEvent,.. the Event page can be used in several ways to set up placeholder events or to insert event ids in a Variable.. ect..
If it Bugs while the EventPage is empty and the Map Setup is right than i dont know ..
But ill wait for more infos before thinking forward^^

edit
note: in chucks maps i made a 7 event which is used to set the Battle endings ,in order to keep the 6 other Events Clean..
(that way i can copy paste this setup on all maps)
Screen.png
sry if the Descriptions info text in the Updated demo are not very well,and sadly the more things i add to the Demo the more it looks Complicated at first ,but after some time its pretty easy to handle SRPG..
pls ask whenever you got questions or something is not well explained in the Updated Demo.

Edit: @ ALL
also i just realized that there must be a bug in my Aura Code because Aura works even if Units are Out of Effect Range Fixed ..
.. Links in the Signature Spoiler are Updated

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD
Lots of cool changes for Battle Castle in the works! Not just reworked dialogue, but gameplay, combat, and possibly lore changes to make things weightier.
Actor2_2 added!

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylion_Shadowwolf