10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to say, this is an incredible undertaking and plugin, thank you for translating it over here from the Original author. I don't know if you work on it at all, or if only he does, but there's so many mechanics that could be added, it would be worthy of a paid plugin with more mechanics.
In my dream world, I would love to see various things:
- Variable weapon attack amounts (weapons that always hit twice, or 4 times if speed advantage)
- Damage buff/nerf based on enemy type (armor breaker weapon, or armor that causes bows to do less dmg to them)

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just want to say, this is an incredible undertaking and plugin, thank you for translating it over here from the Original author. I don't know if you work on it at all, or if only he does, but there's so many mechanics that could be added, it would be worthy of a paid plugin with more mechanics.
- Variable weapon attack amounts (weapons that always hit twice, or 4 times if speed advantage)
- Damage buff/nerf based on enemy type (armor breaker weapon, or armor that causes bows to do less dmg to them)
I've actually made a strong basis for the first thing you mentioned, but I haven't released it yet because it doesn't play nice with Yanfly's Battle Core and I'm not sure how to get help.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I haven't checked, but there's atk times / repeats you can set via traits or on specific skills which should work, if not, it's a thing that should be fixable in the srpg_core plugin.

The second can be accomplished either by damage formulas, or if it's really complex, Yanfly's Damage Core and a tiny bit of learning JavaScript.

Or just use elements- spears do Spear damage, give you resistance to Sword damage, and weakness to Axe damage. Heavy armor makes you weak to Anti-Armor damage, etc. If you need multiple elements from a single weapon, there's battle plugins that let you that already.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is an amazing plugin.
It far exceeded my expectations, and it is pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a SRPG Plugin.

I'm curious though, if there is any way to add custom aggro to specific enemies on a map?
And by aggro, I mean having enemy units coming after player units at specific ranges.
Maybe an enemy on horseback with 7 Movement will come after the player within 14 tiles.
That's what I mean.

Or maybe the boss of the stage has some goons with him, 2 in the front and 2 in the back.
Maybe I'd want them to all come after me, once I step in the aggro range of the front group of goons.
I'd accomplish this by giving the goons in the back more aggro than the ones in the front.

:3

hcczdmct

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Compatible optimization of KELYEP_DragonBones plug-in and SRPG
Hello, you this plugin is great, @RyanBram but I use it in a problem, because in order to increase the visual effect, I use the"KELYEP_DragonBones.js", but A problem has arisen, the second actor of DragonBones battle-Sprite doesn't work,This is the DragonBones battle-Sprite of the first actor, and is static effect.But enemy with DragonBones battle-Sprite. the DragonBones battle-Sprite of the first actor is also normal, Please see if you can optimize this SRPG_Engine. thanks

Last edited:

St1rge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excited about this system! I pledged on ******* (just $1, but I imagine I'll raise that someday when I can afford to give more).

Thanks for your hard work!

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, great plugin! This is a simple question and I don't know if can be answered here. I plan to not have Levels in my SRPG game and this particular popup is of no use and I want to get rid of it. Any help would be great thanks!

Getridoflevelwindow.png

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone .
Thank you very much for your appreciation about this plugin. The more people use it the more interested we go to improve this engine and hopefully will attract more plugin developers to participate in improving this engine.

I'm curious though, if there is any way to add custom aggro to specific enemies on a map?
And by aggro, I mean having enemy units coming after player units at specific ranges.
Maybe an enemy on horseback with 7 Movement will come after the player within 14 tiles.
That's what I mean.
:3
Hi. (^_^)
You can put Distance between event using this call in event editor:
Code:
this.EventDistance(VariableID, EventID, EventID);
That code will store distance value between event in a variable, where you can trigger any action if the value in the variable meet your criteria. The example is the event that trigger boss dialogue in Chapter 2.

• Compatible optimization of KELYEP_DragonBones plug-in and SRPG

Hi. (^_^)
We like to add more features in SRPG Engine and your request may be added in the future, but not in the near future. Currently our focus is to make the engine more stable and the AI smarter. Of course we never stop anyone who want to contribute and adding interested feature to the engine.
Excited about this system! I pledged on ******* (just $1, but I imagine I'll raise that someday when I can afford to give more).

Thanks for your hard work!
Hi, @St1rge

Thank you very much for becoming the first patron for me. I am really appreciate your support and it gives more energy for me to supporting SRPG Engine alongside other engine that was planned in my ******* page.

@Flottos
I am not in my computer now, so wait a moment until I have time to reach my PC.

Last edited:

Flottos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, everyone .
Thank you very much for your appreciation about this plugin. The more people use it the more interested we go to improve this engine and hopefully will attract more plugin developers to participate in improving this engine.

Hi. (^_^)
You can put Distance between event using this call in event editor:
Code:
this.EventDistance(VariableID, EventID, EventID);
That code will store distance value between event in a variable, where you can trigger any action if the value in the variable meet your criteria. The example is the event that trigger boss dialogue in Chapter 2.

Hi. (^_^)
We like to add more features in SRPG Engine and your request may be added in the future, but not in the near future. Currently our focus is to make the engine more stable and the AI smarter. Of course we never stop anyone who want to contribute and adding interested feature to the engine.

Hi, @St1rge

Thank you very much for becoming the first patron for me. I am really appreciate your support and it gives more energy for me to supporting SRPG Engine alongside other engine that was planned in my ******* page.

@Flottos
I am not in my computer now, so wait a moment until I have time to reach my PC.
Its fine, I figured it out! For those interested, I did it via going into SPRG_core.js and tweaking the "Window_SrpgBattleResult.prototype.drawGainExp" and "BattleManager.processSrpgVictory" functions and also removed the Enter button "Input.isPressed ('ok')" as it stalled at the end of the action battle sequence.

Zahirovx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram could yo help me with this, please? I can't solve this. Thanks. Maybe the answer is in my eyes but I can't see it and I don't know what to do.

@RyanBram

Thanks for the help with the fusion ability.I can't try now because I been having problems with my PC. But I sure that really help me.

I have an another question:

¿Can I pair up the actors like fire emblem awakening/fates?

This will help me with a relationship system and could make more dynamics the improvements.

¡Thanks again! ¡I love this plugin!

EDIT: Today I could try the fusion ability, but I just have a problem... How I can "delete" de actor events of my party? When the fusion appears, the actors continue in the map, and the status menu shows an actor duplicated... I don't know what to do :c...

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Small question. Is anyone here well versed enough with JavaScript to maybe assist with an addon I'm working on for this? It works fine to my knowledge, except for when Yanfly Battle Core is enabled. I was thinking I would upload what I currently have(since people who don't use Battle Core can also make use of it) and maybe someone can take a look to help make it Battle Core compatible?

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RyanBram This plugin is very nice. I have question though, This might be a stupid question but how do you set up victory conditions other than defeat enemies?

ShadowsHeirs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram

Hi! I have a question:

I've been messing around with this plugin for almost a week now, I've gotten most of the basics down, however, my characters are unable to actually move after turn 1. Basically, turn 1 I can move, and then the enemy can move, but after that it continually ends my turn and the enemies turn without refreshing movements. Video and pictures of the actor phase, enemy phase, and the end turn command are below. Any help would be much appreciated!

Actor Phase.PNG Enemies Phase.PNG End Turn.PNG

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RyanBram This plugin is very nice. I have question though, This might be a stupid question but how do you set up victory conditions other than defeat enemies?

The victory condition is completely controlled by events, rather than being an actual feature of the plugin- the demo maps mostly run a little cutscene when there's no enemies left, then give you a reward, send you back to the map select, and unlock the next map.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rose Guardian specifically look at the "after action" event on the battle maps, since it runs after any attack/skill/item is used.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It'd be cool to see extension for things like Relationship/Support bonuses like in Super Robot Wars or Fire Emblem (SRW has some characters from the same series give bonuses to each other if they're next to each other in battle, in some games this also applies to crossover relationship where two characters bond with each other like Heero and Sousuke in Z2, while FE has the support conversations which give bonuses when units with a high enough support rank when they're next to each other in battle), or Support Attack and Defend (Again, from Super Robot Wars, where if two units are next to each other one unit has a chance of either following up the other unit's attack or moving to protect the other unit from an enemy attack). I don't know how to make plugins or I'd try to do it myself.

Sissel Cabanela

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It'd be cool to see extension for things like Relationship/Support bonuses like in Super Robot Wars or Fire Emblem (SRW has some characters from the same series give bonuses to each other if they're next to each other in battle, in some games this also applies to crossover relationship where two characters bond with each other like Heero and Sousuke in Z2, while FE has the support conversations which give bonuses when units with a high enough support rank when they're next to each other in battle), or Support Attack and Defend (Again, from Super Robot Wars, where if two units are next to each other one unit has a chance of either following up the other unit's attack or moving to protect the other unit from an enemy attack). I don't know how to make plugins or I'd try to do it myself.
For this, what we need is some sort of passive aura plugin for the system. There are plenty of relationship systems in RMMV, it's just that we can't put the 'bonuses' wanted without the 'aura'.

Recruit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty cool plugin, been taking a break off RPGMV, just to find a Advance War's type game plugin.

Is there any way to let them only gain experience after the battle is finished?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, I've got another idea. Is it possible to recruit enemies mid battle? In Fire Emblem certain enemies could be recruited to your party if you had the right person talk to them and in super robot wars some enemies can also be recruited, though usually in order for it to work you have to do more than have someone talk to them. I guess it would require being able to put in a tag for an enemy unit that will cause a "convince/recruit" command to appear when the right actor is standing next to them. Though I don't know what else.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By far, the weirdest flex I've ever seen on the internet is "I don't have the attention span to read what you wrote, but I REALLY want the world to know I don't have that attention span!".
Why... the FACK... do I work in customer service?!?!
Excuse me while I go question allllll my life choices.
DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantangyl