SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love this Plugins and I love all of you guys who improved this plugin with some implements XD !!! I've even succeed to make it happen in my own game!

But to improve player's experience, I need more advanced techniques and Tips with this plugin.... This is the feature that I'd like to do but still not sure how to do..... Anyone who got ideas how to make it done, please give me any suggestions about it.... T_T

○Suicide Bomber Type Enemy. -> I've made skills for test and It works totally fine for me about everything except the Enemy who have to explode itself Doesn't use the skill that I made. Of course I've set the priorty but It seems the AI Itself Is not using the skill that makes Itself to be dead. Not sure how to make the Enemy to use this skill that I made without hesisation.

○Attackable Object that would explode when Its hp is 0 -> I didn't tried to make it but Not sure how to make it. Of course It can be attacked If I make it as hostile enemy but that will make it hard to set the winning condition as eliminating the enemy cause It will count these attackable objects as enemy too.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love this Plugins and I love all of you guys who improved this plugin with some implements XD !!! I've even succeed to make it happen in my own game!

But to improve player's experience, I need more advanced techniques and Tips with this plugin.... This is the feature that I'd like to do but still not sure how to do..... Anyone who got ideas how to make it done, please give me any suggestions about it.... T_T

○Suicide Bomber Type Enemy. -> I've made skills for test and It works totally fine for me about everything except the Enemy who have to explode itself Doesn't use the skill that I made. Of course I've set the priorty but It seems the AI Itself Is not using the skill that makes Itself to be dead. Not sure how to make the Enemy to use this skill that I made without hesisation.

○Attackable Object that would explode when Its hp is 0 -> I didn't tried to make it but Not sure how to make it. Of course It can be attacked If I make it as hostile enemy but that will make it hard to set the winning condition as eliminating the enemy cause It will count these attackable objects as enemy too.
well i didnt test anything like that , but here are some ideas which u could try..:
○Suicide Bomber Type Enemy:
- try to use a AOE skill that deals dmg to opponents for the Effect .. and connect a common event to the skill that has the effect to "add deathstate to acting Unit" .perhaps play an additional animation in the Common Event if that looks good..
...and u could use a different Death-State for the "Suicide Bomber" user ,that changes the KO effect to look different. img eg
Screenshot_3.png
○Attackable Object :
-u could change the "winning Condition" of the Maps where such Objects are used...
-> for EG if the Map contains 5 Att_Objects and they use a "Att_Obj- Deathstate" .. than u could ask:
If "(number of enemys on this map at battlestart) - 5 (are state affected with "normal deathstate or Suiside deathstate")-> win
-> this would require a selfmade Script that can check this condition.. similar to what maliyana did here #819
But again i didnt test any of these ideas and they require some extra work..

Edit
However i like your idea.. exploding bombs are somthing "normal" in FFT for Example.. pls give us an info-report if u can make this work^^

Last edited:

maliyana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What worked for my suicide skill is having an AOE that hits the actors furthest from the center first, and giving it an srpgRange of 0, so that the user would always be in the middle (thus the last to get hit.) Also, using Yanfly's targeting core allows for an "attack all allies and enemies" option.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sanguine_Giraud to expand on what @maliyana suggested, a suicide bomb skill would have notetags something like this:
<srpgRange:0> so it must be centered on the user (found in SRPG_core)
<anyTarget> allows it to hit both allies and enemies (found in SRPG_PositionEffects)
<srpgArea:3> hits everything within a radius of 3 (put whatever size you want, found in SRPG_AoE)
<srpgAreaOrder:far> starts with the furthest away target, so the user is hit last (found in SRPG_AoE)

To make sure the attack actually hurts both allies and enemies, you should either use YEP_TargetCore + YEP_SelectionControl, or just enable SRPG_MapBattle for that specific skill. If you're using MapBattle, you don't need to use TargetCore to be able to hit both teams.

Attackable objects are pretty much like @Dopan said- make enemies who can't move or use any actions, and define your victory conditions such that you don't care if the objects are still alive. I'd also suggest giving them a very low Target Rate (Sp-Param, abbreviated TGR) so that AI allies won't prioritize breaking barrels over attacking the enemy.

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Doktor_Q , @Dopan Thanks for all the answers! I was using Map battle so It's been solved easily with <anyTarget> notetag!! It will be even more helpful when I make some skill that will hurt the allies with splash damage like artillery or mortar!!

Now I'm trying to handle the other work and I think It's just matter of time! thanks for all of your hand! :)

p.s) Sudden Curiosity: Will it be available to make the Basic Attack / or Specific Skill / or Specific Weapon to push the enemy to designated direction after hit?
Of course in this case, the enemy won't be pushed If there are another actor or enemy just behind them. It will be really fun If the pushed enemy got moved to upon the other enemy just behind and reflected out to original location with dealing some damage to itself and other enemy like boucing ball but It sounds already way too difficult and complicated to do on RMMV even with this plug in. XD But It's quite sure that I'll be funny. lol.

p.s2) just another imagination. I really enjoyed the skills about location changing in the Divinity 2: Original Sin. there were various type of moving skills: 1. Exchanging the location between two actor(allie, enemy, player, whatever.). 2. Teleporting the specific actor except the skill user to designated location. Are those skills available to make with this SRPG plugin?

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q , @Dopan Thanks for all the answers! I was using Map battle so It's been solved easily with <anyTarget> notetag!! It will be even more helpful when I make some skill that will hurt the allies with splash damage like artillery or mortar!!

Now I'm trying to handle the other work and I think It's just matter of time! thanks for all of your hand! :)

p.s) Sudden Curiosity: Will it be available to make the Basic Attack / or Specific Skill / or Specific Weapon to push the enemy to designated direction after hit?
Of course in this case, the enemy won't be pushed If there are another actor or enemy just behind them. It will be really fun If the pushed enemy got moved to upon the other enemy just behind and reflected out to original location with dealing some damage to itself and other enemy like boucing ball but It sounds already way too difficult and complicated to do on RMMV even with this plug in. XD But It's quite sure that I'll be funny. lol.

p.s2) just another imagination. I really enjoyed the skills about location changing in the Divinity 2: Original Sin. there were various type of moving skills: 1. Exchanging the location between two actor(allie, enemy, player, whatever.). 2. Teleporting the specific actor except the skill user to designated location. Are those skills available to make with this SRPG plugin?
- u can allready make Units move after or before battleAction, with SRPG_PossitionEffects.js for example..
- teleporting is no problem no matter who it is ..
(at the end its just "set event position" with common event if u dont use SRPG_PossitionEffects.js to do it)
-> i highly recommend to look into all SRPG Plugins from the Updated-SRPG_Demo (link in my signature spoiler) and to learn what they can do.. if there are questions about a specific Plugin and how it works.. we can help .
-> Also ,there are often different ways to make something work.. for example im not so good with damage-formulas yet but i can pretty much imagine easyly, what could be done by eventing..
-> and as soon u figured out how all SRPG Plugins work, u might get more ideas for new things^^

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Those are all functions of SRPG_PositionEffects. Pushing, pulling, teleportation, position swap, and several variations for how the movement looks, what direction it goes, and whether its relative to the user or the center of an AoE. They can be applied via damage formulas, but you can do some more if you're using the script notetags from YEP_SkillCore, such as having the user move up to two steps forward prior to hitting the target by putting a.forward(2) in a <custom execution> tag.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
currently im working on making "unit graves" with the help of (galvs-) eventSpawner and eventing, if i find a way to use the Spawn Command within a Plugin i might be able to let SRPG_ActorUnits.js & SRPG_EnemyUnits.js make most of the "eventing"..

-> the "unitGraves Function" will spawn an Event that simulates a Dead Unit and this event will be deleted/UnSpawned if the Unit gets Revived.

-> however I recognized that using: "$gameMap._lastSpawnEventId"
(Script Command from Galvs Plugin)
.. in order to find out & store the Event Id of the new spawned "unit Grave" -Event,.. this will give the Spawned Event a second Event ID which will work aswell as the "real event ID" which the Event gets when its Spawned into the Map.
For Example a Map with 30 Events will make the first spawned event nr.31.. and using the "$gameMap._lastSpawnEventId" - ScriptCommand will add the Event Id "207" to the Spawned event and store it in the variable where this ScriptCommand is inserted.. so the event has 2 ids now (31 & 207) and both will work.
( i allready asked Galv and he asumes that it has something to do with other plugins.. i asume its a SRPG Issue or lets say a "SRPG-BattleMap"- Issue)

- ´my Questions are:
-> can this make any problems if events have 2 Ids ? , because im in the middle of making this work ,in my example the "unitGraves Function" works allready on 1 Unit, and i dont want to go on this way if that makes Problems or other Conflicts later..
-> any ideas for a walkaround to avoid using "$gameMap._lastSpawnEventId" ?
i asume that making a plugin Function to avoid the Eventing could work without this Scriptcall Command
-> any Idea how i can make the Spawn Command trigger from inside of a Plugin?
i tried adding a Scripcall-Funtion to SRPG_ActorUnits.js,but somehow i could not use the "SpawnScriptCall"->
Galv.SPAWN.event(eventId,x,y);

..im not sure if that would work better with a Plugin Command instead of a Plugin Scripcall-Funtion
->The Unit Grave Event will spawn at the same position where the dead unit is located which is not visible.. could this be the reason for the event ID 207
(a pretty high number if the map has only 31 events)

=>sry for the long text im just a little bit confused on the 2 ids issue and any info that explains this would be very welcome

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan An event cannot actually have 2 IDs, but you can just slap the ID of the unit the grave is for into a variable for use in other plugin functions, like yourNewEvent._graveFor = idOfTheDeadEvent.

You're always going to need to use $gameMap._lastSpawnEventId somewhere in your code, because that's how you find out the ID of the new event that was created.

And on that note, the reason it starts at 207 is based on your parameters in the event spawner plugin- event IDs don't need to be in order, or include every number. Most event-spawning plugins will start their new events at something like 200 or 1000 or the like, to make sure they don't try to use an ID that's already used by a normal event on the map.
An event being invisible or erased has no effect on the position- it's still there, it just gets ignored when drawing the graphics or checking for activation / movement.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last Edit:
I think i figured it out ,the Problem was that the CommonEvent was repeating the Scriptcalls "SpawnEvent" & "$gameMap._lastSpawnEventId" several times ..
This was causing the previous explained Issues..it had nothing to do with any Plugin Issue .. my bad^^

-> but for making the UnitGrave function thats a good
Result,it means there should be no bugs or conflicts later, if the whole Setup doesnt get looped by accident like it happened in that EG..
-> that means only 1 event will be added with each Spawn & "$gameMap.events().length" instead of "$gameMap._lastSpawnEventId" could be used as alternative to find out the Event ID of that new Spawned Event..
(that makes no difference because the "second EventID" was part of the "CommonEvent_loop" Issue)

(sry i had to edit a few times & focus on the important parts )

Last edited:

lyonft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a way to use a double attack? I tried to apply the plugin or trying in other ways... but I cannot archive it

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a way to use a double attack? I tried to apply the plugin or trying in other ways... but I cannot archive it
@lyonft
i think there are several ways ,atleast i think i know 2 ways that work..following images are from different 2.projects :
srpgdemo.png
main project.png
these Images show "triple attack" but its basicly the same on "double attack" .. just change the number from "3" to "2"

-in the one case u repeat the attack("my main project"),
-.. in the other case("Updated-SRPG_Demo") u attack random enemys but only 1 enemy is availleble(this skill is NOT an AOE) ,so this one will get all the "randomEnemy hits"
=> both cases should have the same effect .
(the Skill from this Example has no Skill NoteTags & no Extra Effects)
(sidenote .. this reminded me that the "dual attack" from the demo has to be edited before next update.. because atm it does the same like "Double attack"
,but it should be an AOE that hits 2 targets)

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@lyonft If you want an attack that hits twice, just set the "repeat" on the skill to two. Skill ranges are mostly ignored, except for whether it's used on a live ally / dead ally / enemy, and even those can be modified with notetags like <anyTarget> from SRPG_PositionEffects.

If you want a unit to be able to use a whole extra action after the first, I believe you can still use "Add Action Times" traits on a character and they should work the same as ever. This can be applied as part of the actor or enemy, class, a piece of equipment, or a status effect. There's also the <addActionTimes:x> notetag from SRPG_core to make skills that grant additional turns.

If you want an attack that hits two different targets in range, you can make an AoE skill using SRPG_AoE, and give it the <srpgAreaTargets:2> notetag to limit the AoE to only affecting two units, and choose an <srpgAreaOrder> setting that prioritizes targets in a way you prefer.

lyonft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q @Dopan Thanks for the reply

I expressed myself wrongly, my apologies, I was referring to doing something like the Fire Emblem saga does. If the unit's AGI is higher than its opponent's, it will make a follow-up attack.

I saw both proposes, I could use one, creating a mechanic and something like that, but that's what a was talking about. Any ideas?

Edit: The thing that I tried was the AgiAttackPlus Plugin

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q @Dopan Thanks for the reply

I expressed myself wrongly, my apologies, I was referring to doing something like the Fire Emblem saga does. If the unit's AGI is higher than its opponent's, it will make a follow-up attack.

I saw both proposes, I could use one, creating a mechanic and something like that, but that's what a was talking about. Any ideas?

Edit: The thing that I tried was the AgiAttackPlus Plugin
well "AgiAttackPlus" is not used in the Updated-SRPG_Demo, because "attacker attack first" and "Q Statcounter" is used.
-"attacker attack first" :
=>
By default, the attack order is determined by the agility value.
Change it to attack → counterattack.
-"Q Statcounter":
=>
In SRPG mode, the defender's chance of counterattacking is now.
based on their "counterattack" stat.
Other requirements still apply, such as range and weapon tags.
If you have SRPG_DirectionMod, you can use the parameters to
adjust the counter rate based on the attack direction
... i think "AgiAttackPlus" is not compatible with those 2 plugins,but it should do what u wanted if the agi is high enough... if i understand it right...
Screenshot_1.png
->perhaps the agi in your test was not high enough ,or there was a incompatiblety to another plugin that made it not work.. to be honest im not sure on this, without more informations and i didnt used "AgiAttackPlus" much in the past,so i cant give a proper advice on this,sry.

Last edited:

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Question : I've succeeded to transport the Skill "Fireblast" from demo which has a Animation that moves to the enemy.

But I felt a little problem from the timing. As I added some AOE options to the skill, the timing problem revealed. there was a notetag of <animationDelay:75> and It was for the playtime of Animation that is already set by common event. but the problem was that as the skill become Area Effect, each enemy in range have to be waiting for 75 frame one by one to get died or damaged.

So I've tried to adjust it but It seems this <animationDelay:x>notetag on skill is the only option to adjust the time between skill-used moment and enemy get damaged. which means, the delay options in the common event only adjusts the timing about animations so It's all about matching the timing of these two.

So the Question: Is there any way to make it better? Can I make more than one of enemies to get damaged in same time? (It will be really Great) or ... How Can I make the second enemy to get damaged quickly just after the first enemy got damaged from the skill that has a long animation like "Fireblast" from Demo?

Once Again I feel really thankful about this plugin and implement makers. It let me made so many functions that I was thinking about in RMMV. and thanks to the Good example in demo, I was available to make the skill that affects multiple enemies without playing multiple animations on target but just playing the animation only once.

But still, this delay gap that I've spoke above, is keep bothering me... hope I could get it solved anyhow but I'll be really appreciated If I could get a help from this thread....

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question : I've succeeded to transport the Skill "Fireblast" from demo which has a Animation that moves to the enemy.

But I felt a little problem from the timing. As I added some AOE options to the skill, the timing problem revealed. there was a notetag of <animationDelay:75> and It was for the playtime of Animation that is already set by common event. but the problem was that as the skill become Area Effect, each enemy in range have to be waiting for 75 frame one by one to get died or damaged.

So I've tried to adjust it but It seems this <animationDelay:x>notetag on skill is the only option to adjust the time between skill-used moment and enemy get damaged. which means, the delay options in the common event only adjusts the timing about animations so It's all about matching the timing of these two.

So the Question: Is there any way to make it better? Can I make more than one of enemies to get damaged in same time? (It will be really Great) or ... How Can I make the second enemy to get damaged quickly just after the first enemy got damaged from the skill that has a long animation like "Fireblast" from Demo?

Once Again I feel really thankful about this plugin and implement makers. It let me made so many functions that I was thinking about in RMMV. and thanks to the Good example in demo, I was available to make the skill that affects multiple enemies without playing multiple animations on target but just playing the animation only once.

But still, this delay gap that I've spoke above, is keep bothering me... hope I could get it solved anyhow but I'll be really appreciated If I could get a help from this thread....
making "fireblast" was a bit tricky.. because the delay which is needed at first for the moving animation will also have a delay on the next enemy who gets a hit and that looks wrong..if using a AOE with more than one target and a moving animation like fireblast..
..thats why i added a switch: "change Ani Delay Switch" to DrQs mapbattle-Plugin
(only availleble in the Updated SRPG -Demo)
Screenshot_2.png
this was the only way to handle the problem..and this switch will be used after the moving animation is finished before the next target gets a hit..

the changed delay has to be 30 Frames .. less wont work right .. more will look bad.. i dont know why less doesnt work right but that was the result i had..
(i also added a Variable:"ChangeAniDelayVarID" in case other people need another "changed delay" than 30 frames for whatever reason)
I can only recommend to relplicate exactly what is in the demo till it works right..
(somewhere earlier in this forum i explained the problem more detailled and showed how and why i made this solution..)
ps. : btw the movingAni-Skill: "MovAniMultiCircle" shows more complex movement Animations..there i tryed to simulate Circle movement with using an "oktagon"..
1200px-Oktagon.svg.png
MovAniVariable_infoHelp.png

Edit:
try to Replicate the "FireStorm AOE 2" skill from the Updated-SRPG_Demo .. which is fireblast + AOE hits.. this skill uses the explained solution
in the video at "1min 10sec" ,my to sensitive mouse trigger changed a common event to parallel.. this was not on purpose ,- dont try this at home

edit 2
pls also look into the CommonEvent "manage Zoom" there is the setup that resets the "change Ani Delay Switch"
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dopan Looks like I've reached to some point of this plugin... I guess It'll be much better to use AOE range less than 3... But At least It's good news to have a temporary solution for this delay problem... :) Thanks for your reply!

p.s: Now I'm working on animation making and Smoke Grenade or Flash Grenade Mechanism. Not Asking For Help! but just trying to say thanks about this plugin and trying to say what I could done with it! . Dang It feels so good to make the thing in my mind to real one! :) Thanks again.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Looks like I've reached to some point of this plugin... I guess It'll be much better to use AOE range less than 3... But At least It's good news to have a temporary solution for this delay problem... :) Thanks for your reply!

(..)
-sry but i dont understand,is there a problem that isnt solved which i missed somehow? (the range should not be a problem)

Last edited:

lyonft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Right, thanks for the help. I'll look for what to do. Later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valval