SRPG Engine - Plugins for creating Turn Based Strategy game

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
-sry but i dont understand,is there a problem that isnt solved which i missed somehow? (the range should not be a problem)
No No No there are nothing wrong about this plugin! But I was just saying about my game's design! :)

Since It seems difficult or not ready yet to make the enemies on AOE range to take damage at same time, I thought It might make the game boring to watch the enemies to get damaged one by one If there are too many of enemies on the AOE. of course the Delay can be adjusted to 0 If I don't use a moving animation like the skill "Fireblast" and it will make the delay between damages to enemies to be minimized but still It's kinda feature that might make the game boring If they are not getting damaged in same time...

So that's why I thought It will be just better to set the AOE range to 1 in my game especially with the skills with moving animation. I've made the Grenade Launcher Skill and I'm keep making the skill's animations to be done in 30 frames around. and also, limiting the AOE range in my mind was just for less boring game... I think It will be really boring to wait for more than 5 enemies.... 30 frames for each one of them...

At least It will be really great If I can skip or hide the EXP Bar after one enemie got killed. So that might make the battle more speedy and skills with AOE to be more intuitive. But Yeah.... It's just dreaming or less than suggesting.... I think It's my time to accept the plugin's features and think about what I can to with it as far as I can. :) So please don't mind about it anymore. :) plugin isn't giving me a problem anymore :) I think my GREED is problem XD

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No No No there are nothing wrong about this plugin! But I was just saying about my game's design! :)

Since It seems difficult or not ready yet to make the enemies on AOE range to take damage at same time, I thought It might make the game boring to watch the enemies to get damaged one by one If there are too many of enemies on the AOE. of course the Delay can be adjusted to 0 If I don't use a moving animation like the skill "Fireblast" and it will make the delay between damages to enemies to be minimized but still It's kinda feature that might make the game boring If they are not getting damaged in same time...

So that's why I thought It will be just better to set the AOE range to 1 in my game especially with the skills with moving animation. I've made the Grenade Launcher Skill and I'm keep making the skill's animations to be done in 30 frames around. and also, limiting the AOE range in my mind was just for less boring game... I think It will be really boring to wait for more than 5 enemies.... 30 frames for each one of them...

At least It will be really great If I can skip or hide the EXP Bar after one enemie got killed. So that might make the battle more speedy and skills with AOE to be more intuitive. But Yeah.... It's just dreaming or less than suggesting.... I think It's my time to accept the plugin's features and think about what I can to with it as far as I can. :) So please don't mind about it anymore. :) plugin isn't giving me a problem anymore :) I think my GREED is problem XD
no its not possible to let all units get hit at the same time with AOEs,thats because how the AOE plugin works.
(it adds actions,one after the other..)
the range makes no difference because it doesnt matter how long the first delay is if u change it later..(with the switch)
-However the 30 frames min delay was the best i could make on this..
-> but there would be another way to make a group of Units get hit at the same time with the help of a Script which would work similar like the "SRPG_Unitgroups.js" Plugin..
-> a function -script could be made that affect all Actor or Enemys or Units(Units=both). Something that says:
=> "whatever DMG-formula(=>gain HP & math) the target Unit gets,this will be added to all *Actor or Enemys or Units* which are in a distance "X" from the Target."
... such a function doesnt exist yet but the JScode needed for such a script can be found in "SRPG_Unitgroups.js" and "SRPG_Aura.js"..
..,and there would be no AOE shape only the Distance "X" to apply the effect.
(im still working on something else myself so i can just give u this info for now^^)

Last edited:

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh.... Question About Feature :

Seems It is available to use the motions on Mapbattle but I wonder how to handle this to be working properly..... more like... example.... :(

what I'd like to make is this :

->"making character to use the specific motions for each commands(Skill, Normal Attack), and for each directions. and also Idle animations on the map with Map_Battle."

I'm kind of sure that this plugin-system has a feature of Motions with Map battle but I'm not sure about how does it works fully.... about such as suffix and e.t.c.... And I think there are no examples about it in Demo..

Please enlighten me .....

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(...)
And I think there are no examples about it in Demo..

Please enlighten me .....
Infact there is an Example in the Demo.. its "Shadows" fakedeathState where u can use the (sleeping/death) motion on the State .
(u can kill "shadow" with using "chuck" to trigger fakedeath outside of battle action)
(also the fusion-fakedeath state has a "empty motion" to make the Char dissappear)
The 2 chars "nymphe" and "shadow" have extra added char images on their CharPictures, in the Char folder, in order to let people experiment..
-> the "mapbattle Motion" plugin is used with the plugin "DRQ_eventmotions" .. the example in the demo only shows how it works on states..
.. i think Doktor_Q can explain this much better,and also what other things can or cannot, be made with those Plugins..^^

Last edited:

BlueCheezus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need help here, trying to make all my AoE skills happen on the map, but they will only hit one target,
even though its set as a AoE and set to hit all enemies. any fix?

Last edited:

Sanguine_Giraud

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
N/A
Need help here, trying to make all my AoE skills happen on the map, but they will only hit one target,
I'd like to suggest to check If you've wrote the plugin commands correct. better check even about Capital Letters either. that made mine to be working.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you probably made something wrong,, i suggest to use the Updated-SRPG_demo and COPY/paste everything u need..

its probably just a little mistake which i cant know, without more infos screenshots ect..

Last edited:

isthaq

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Sorry if this has been addressed already, I searched but couldn't find anything. I have a small problem with the minimum range and special range types. In the screenshot, I'm using the king special range (a square) but the minimum range is subtracting a diamond shape from it. Thought I'd check to see if there was an easy solution before I tried to put my sub-par scripting skills to work.

Thanks for all your hard work on this super fun plug-in.
minRangeKing01.PNG

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this has been addressed already, I searched but couldn't find anything. I have a small problem with the minimum range and special range types. In the screenshot, I'm using the king special range (a square) but the minimum range is subtracting a diamond shape from it. Thought I'd check to see if there was an easy solution before I tried to put my sub-par scripting skills to work.

i think this wasnt ever mentioned,.. but i tested it and it also happens in the demo,so it seems to be "normal"..
To be honest the "King" range works a bit strange.,.this wasnt the first issue^^ however,..
->"special ranges" (NOT AOE) are handled in the SRPG_core so this is a "default issue",..
Screenshot_1.png
the King-range itself is shown here .. but u will probably have to search for "minrange" instead of "king" to find out where this part is handled
i have no solution to offer on this,sry.

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

No, that's just how King range works. For targeting like that, "range" is always calculated as horizontal distance + vertical distance- the "king" range just adds a rule that removes tiles from the range if they're more than half the max range in any one direction- thus, making it look like a square.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q
I think i found 2 Issues:

1.AOE Type "Side":

-> i tried to make a "dual" hit Skill, where 2 targets can be hit with the "side" AOE type.But if i use:
=> 0_range on the directional AOE "side" i get a full Square-Target instead of 2Side-Target
(IMGs:setup in spoiler)
(Pink is the target i got, and Green is the target i wanted)
Screenshot_2.png
--
Screenshot_3.png

2."celltarget" with TerrainTag:
-> if i use "call party member" (summon actor skill) with using "celltarget",this doesnt work on terrain tag 1 (IceField)..
..i only tested Terrain tag 0(normal= works) and 1 (ice= doesnt work).
doesnt workScreenshot_4.png
---
works
Screenshot_5.png
---
Skill SETUP
Screenshot_6.png
Are these 2 things supposed to work this way or is this considered as bug?
(if this is supposed to work this way, do u have any idea, how i could make the 2target-side_skill, with another AOE-type?)

EDIT:
after reading the following post i tried:

1. "arc" with range 1 => works but looks strange when targeting^^
Screenshot_3.png
---
2. "<srpgTargetTag:1>" Skill notetag=> works!

Last edited:

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan
1. Directional AoEs do not work correctly with a range of 0, because it needs to find a direction between the user's space and the target space. You could use a range of 1, an AoE with a max size 1 min size 1, and a shape of arc, though, which should target only the cells to the user's left and right, with the direction determined by selecting one of the four cells around you.

2. There's notetags that control what terrain you can target for cellTarget skills, nominally so you can stop a player from teleporting into a wall they can't walk through. Double check that those are set up to allow tag 1.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
about #852 =>THX both solutions worked !

Im currently trying to build a "passive AOE function" into the SRPG_Aura Plugin..
(because it works similar but less complicated than aura)
..where every Unit which is within a distance 4 (for example) to a specific Unit, will get the Effect at the SAME time.
(the specific Unit included)
- the Effects are :
- play animation one time ;gain HP;gainMP;gain TP
(gainHP/MP/TP can be "+" "-" value on any Number or "0" )
(sidenote: i allready added a similar Function: "Revive Aura" into the SRPG_Aura.js Plugin for the next Update and wanted to add the "passive AOE" Function aswell )
---
My question was:

-> i looked into the MapBattle Plugin ,because i wanted to find out if its possible to simulate a battleAction with a Scriptcall. Similar to what "mapBattle= true" does if SV battle is not used, but still the fighting Units refresh their data..
=> what i mean is the Effect that let dead units dissappear right after battleAction & at TurnEnd*..
*(TurnEnd = after enemy turn Ended when the turn for both Sides is done)
..what doesnt happen if the HP is changed outside of a battleAction ..
(because the Passive AOE happens outside of any battleAction and i would like to avoid any problem which this can make if any Unit gets to 0_HP with this Function)

If there is no easy Scriptcall that can be used on all Units or on a singel Unit to do that.. do u have any other Idea for another Walkaround?
(if we want to avoid fake-death-states ect)
I solved the "units dont dissapear without battleAction" Issue with using :
-> ask about the Unit's deathState ,..and
Code:
var death = 1;death === $gameSystem.EventToUnit(x)[1].deathStateId();
if ($gameSystem.EventToUnit(x)[1].isStateAffected(death)) {
-> if it is deathState affected, use:
Code:
$gameSystem.EventToUnit(x)[1].performCollapse();

$gameMap.eraseEvent($gameMap.event(x)._eventId);
=> that makes them dissapear if they got killed from the Passive AOE Function, after that they can be revived, so i asume it works like it supposed to do.

(...)
Since It seems difficult or not ready yet to make the enemies on AOE range to take damage at same time,.. (...)
@Sanguine_Giraud
(the updated "Aura"-Plugin with these Functions will be availleble in a few days with my next demoUpdate)
=> thats how the whole JS code looks like for the "PassiveAOE"-Function that affect all Units at the SAME Time.
(Actors and Enemys)..
(the other 2 new Functions only affect Actors OR Enemys)
Code:
                // PassiveAOE: "this.isPassiveAoeUx(unitId, rangeId, aniId, hpId, mpId, tpId);"
                Game_Interpreter.prototype.isPassiveAoeUx = function(unitId, rangeId, aniId, hpId, mpId, tpId) {
                    for (var i = 1; i <= $gameMap.events().length; i++) {
                         var battleunit = $gameSystem.EventToUnit([i]);
                         var eventunit = $gameMap.event([i]);
                         var uxd = ($gameMap.distance((eventunit).x, (eventunit).y, $gameMap.event(unitId).x, $gameMap.event(unitId).y));
                         if (battleunit && eventunit && (battleunit[0] === 'actor' || battleunit[0] === 'enemy')) {                           
                             if ((rangeId) >= uxd) {
                                  eventunit.requestAnimation(aniId);
                                  battleunit[1].gainHp(hpId);
                                  battleunit[1].gainMp(mpId);
                                  battleunit[1].gainTp(tpId);
                                  var death = 1; death === battleunit[1].deathStateId() ;
                                  if (battleunit[1].isStateAffected(death)) {
                                      battleunit[1].performCollapse();
                                      $gameMap.eraseEvent(eventunit._eventId);
                                  }
                             }           
                         }
                    }
                    return true;
                };
Please Note :
-the "Passive AOE" -Function wont have any AOE-Shape and there will be NO DMG Numbers-PopUps ect, this function only does the Effect of gain HP/MP/TP, play animation and erase_Event + collapse_Unit if UnitEvent is death.
If the Units are within the Distance to 1specific Unit which is set as EffectRange..

->this 1specific Unit can be "activeEventID Variable" or "targetEventIDVariable" for example ..
(as well as every other Event ID)
->These Functions can be used for Positive or Negative Skills .

(add or remove HP/MP/TP)

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welp, here comes a dumb question, how I do yeet out the "weapons" tab from my HUD?
I don't want it there because I don't want the player accidentally changing weapons or disarming themselves.
Can I do it on MV's plugin manager or do I need to go to the code and remove it myself?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welp, here comes a dumb question, how I do yeet out the "weapons" tab from my HUD?
I don't want it there because I don't want the player accidentally changing weapons or disarming themselves.
Can I do it on MV's plugin manager or do I need to go to the code and remove it myself?
What HUD do you mean? (this are HUDs <-Link to example)
is this about the BattleCommand "weapon" ?
Screenshot_1.png

if you want to change the BattleCommandWindow :
(shown on IMG above)
by default you cant change this, without editing the SRPG_core.
BUT in the SRPG_core Version of the Updated-SRPG_demo,
I allready edited the SRPG_core and added Extra Switches in order to make it possible to ENABLE or DISABLE every default- BattleCommand.
Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

if the DISABLE*COMMAND-Switch is On the Command is Disabled,if the DISABLE*COMMAND-Switch is OFF the Command works normal (active)

" * " = "Attack" or "Skill"(=all skills) or "Item" or "Equip" or "Wait"
-> those are the default BattleCommands

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What HUD do you mean? (this are HUDs <-Link to example)
is this about the BattleCommand "weapon" ?
View attachment 156773

if you want to change the BattleCommandWindow :
(shown on IMG above)
by default you cant change this, without editing the SRPG_core.
BUT in the SRPG_core Version of the Updated-SRPG_demo,
I allready edited the SRPG_core and added Extra Switches in order to make it possible to ENABLE or DISABLE every default- BattleCommand.
View attachment 156781

View attachment 156782

if the DISABLE*COMMAND-Switch is On the Command is Disabled,if the DISABLE*COMMAND-Switch is OFF the Command works normal (active)

" * " = "Attack" or "Skill"(=all skills) or "Item" or "Equip" or "Wait"
-> those are the default BattleCommands
@Yew Bowman
I hope this was the Thing you were talking about?
-because if its not about this here ,than i dont know what you mean,sry.. (than i would need more info what exactly u mean)
Then I guess I have to download the newest version of the core, rite?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then I guess I have to download the newest version of the core, rite?
(sry its only in the Updated-SRPG_demo at the moment)
nope,u need to download the newest Version of the Updated-SRPG_demo,and take the SRPG_core.js Plugin from there..
its in the JS -> plugins Folder, with all the other plugins^^

Or download it from this Attachment:

Attachments

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(sry its only in the Updated-SRPG_demo at the moment)
nope,u need to download the newest Version of the Updated-SRPG_demo,and take the SRPG_core.js Plugin from there..
its in the JS -> plugins Folder, with all the other plugins^^

Or download it from this Attachment:
Thank you, fine gentleman

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally finished the Version 3.0 of the Updated-SRPG_Demo,
fixed the SRPG_ActorUnits.js and improved SRPG_Aura.js
(added new Funtions to SRPG_Aura.js :"reviveAura"&"PassiveAoe").

I also created the "EventGraves"-
(Galvr Spawn Events plugin required),
..with eventing and Common Events:
-> this Spawns events when ever a Unit dies
..by default the demo only spawns "dead-char-images",
but this can also be used to spawn "treasure chests" when a Unit dies..
-> by default how it works in the demo,the "EventGraves" will be "unspawned",when ever the related Unit gets Revived.

Improved all of Chucks Maps:
(Event ID is Stored in VAR with Common Events).
Added more Common Events, now there are several ways shown ,
how to insert Event IDs in Var (EventPage;CommonEvent;PluginFunctions)

And i created 2 new Revive Skills for Enemys with Common Events:
-Revive ONE Enemy Unit in range
-Revive All Enemy Unit in range
..there are 2 New Enemys (Dark HighPriest & Dark ChaoticPriest),
to test these Enemy revive Skills (each of them has 1 of these Skills)
=> there are also Functions to use Global Revive Commands in SRPG_UnitGroups.js & "reviveAura",.
(SRPG_UnitGroups.js =works on all Actors/Enemys/Units on Map; "ReviveAura" = works only on all Actors/Enemys/Units in Range)

I also improved how the Zoom works by changing the Zoom Plugin,now the demo uses:
-> MV Screen Zoom <-Link
(this zooms smoother and zoom out without lags)

Edit: because all Zoom Plugins i could find ,doesnt fit with SRPG..
("MBS" looks bad at zoom out, and "GalvsZoom" reseted at battle action)
..I figured out the Default Scriptcalls for Zooming and used them INSTEAD of a ZOOM-Plugin..the Zoom in the Demo is still handled with Common Events more info about the Used scriptcalls can be found here-> ( #865)

and i improved how the Galvr Spawn Events plugin works with SRPG, by using some ScriptCalls from SRPG_core on the EventPages of the Spawning Events...
( in order to update the "event-Type-data" ect)

=> i couldnt really make anything more simple, in order to show different solutions, but i added a lot of infotext,and provided different solutions on how to make revive skills or on how to store the EventId of Units in Variables.

There might be other changes bugfixes ect, which i forgot to mention,but if anybody finds any Bug or has Questions/Problems about the Updated-SRPG_Demo, pls let me know.
(links in the Signature Spoiler are Updated)

Last edited:

Grilled Mormons

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Currently using updated demo/plugins, I have two questions and a suggestion.

1. Is there anything like $gameTroop that i can use to get properties of enemies on the map?

2. Is there a way to get data from both actors and enemies such as what coordinates (x/y) their assigned events are at?

And for the suggestion, right now you can check the status of enemies and actors on the map, I think it would be cool if neutral units could have something like that, right now i have towns that are capturable on the map so something like when you hover over the town you get the name, HP, and maybe a description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

• Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Asked my kids if they wanted me to draw something for them to color. One of them asked for one of the 101 Dalmatians... :kaoswt2:
    Yesterday I made my first step towards eating more healthily.
    I saw candy on discount and did not buy it.
    "They yearn for what they fear for."
    I always told my DA fans how much I hate slot machines. They're fine in games as a risk-and-reward system. But when you're spending REAL MONEY in a Vegas casino to try and hit the jackpot (which very, very few people will), it can really hurt your budget. Gambling is a bad habit, and I don't like wasting my money on a slim chance. Go to Vegas for the experience, not the jackpot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sylwuu