Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Plugin manager position looks OK!
Try to Disable the "buff AOE skill"-Setup and look if you still get the Error..
This way you know if the Error comes from your "buff AOE skill"-Setup or not..
I did not had any problems with that plugin ,thats why i got no idea what went wrong in your project :/
( if you use one of the latest SRPG Core = from DrQs GitHub OR from the Current Updated demo ,then i see no reason to update the srpg plugin )

---
About the SRPG_Mapbattle.js Issue with "Pre Action Phase" and "MapActionTextCE" :
i think i solved it
(edited the old posting #954 for more INFO,That will be part of the next demo update)
None of those enemies has that skill, so that aoe skill, so yeah, has nothing to do.
Also, no, I think my srpg plugin is outdated, last time I updated it was one the last days of august (24/08).

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman

Here is DrQs SRPG_Core..
And i attached the Currents Demo Core,,. I donk think that this solves the problem but u can try it.
(the only diffrence betwen DrQs Core and the Current demo Core, is that i added a few Switches to the SRPG_Core of the demo)
You can also use F8 to open the Console when the Error happens to find more Error Infos.

Attachments

starminer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. anyone know how to solve these greyed out actors? I think the game cant read the actors even though the type:actor note is there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Plugin manager position looks OK!
Try to Disable the "buff AOE skill"-Setup and look if you still get the Error..
This way you know if the Error comes from your "buff AOE skill"-Setup or not..
I did not had any problems with that plugin ,thats why i got no idea what went wrong in your project :/
( if you use one of the latest SRPG Core = from DrQs GitHub OR from the Current Updated demo ,then i see no reason to update the srpg plugin )

---
About the SRPG_Mapbattle.js Issue with "Pre Action Phase" and "MapActionTextCE" :
i think i solved it
(edited the old posting #954 for more INFO,That will be part of the next demo update)
well, I have an update to make, I removed that AI Priority thing from the notetag and the game doesn't seem to be crashing anymore, I don't know how it relates to my mounted lancers but it did.
1601312937142.png
here's what AI Priority looks like in my notetag, my idea was the main villain use the buff with allies that have the most HP.
1601313514547.png
this is what skill 22 looks, btw.

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know the AgiAttackPlus right? I coudn't get it to work, not even on a clean project. I set completely one-sided agility stats and even then only one attack would happen. Am I doing something wrong?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You know the AgiAttackPlus right? I coudn't get it to work, not even on a clean project. I set completely one-sided agility stats and even then only one attack would happen. Am I doing something wrong?
AgiAttackPlus is Incompatible for other more important SRPG Plugins.. and it was never working correctly in the first place.
(as far as i could find INFO in this Topic about it)

If u want to replicate such function, you can only do this for SV battles at the moment, i once explained this here #891.
(you need to use "force action Function"..)

If u want to replicate such function like "AutoExtraAttackAction",for MapBattle"true"-Battles than u need the extra Plugin on which I am currently working "SRPGMapForceAction".
(because "force action Function" only works for SV Battles)

So no, u did nothing wrong, but i also cant give u a proper alternative solution yet.
The Current Updated SRPG Demo has allready a working Version of "
SRPGMapForceAction".
But this Version has Conflicts with other Functions thats why i try to Re-build that Plugin.

If i can make it work, we will be able to build all Kind of Functions that work with "If Conditions". In order to choose what Conditions need to be solved to make a "SRPGMapForceAction" happen.
And if that works properly i could try to build an Extra Plugin for different "if Conditions" that triggers the "SRPGMapForceAction" -Plugin.
Or i will show how to make such a "if condition Setup" with Eventing in CommonEvents in the demo.

But at the moment i am still stuck with a few issues..in order to rebuild "SRPGMapForceAction".

edit
@
starminer
sry i didnt saw your posting earlier..and at the moment i am not sure what you are asking about.Could you try it with other words ore more Infos?

Last edited:

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yew Bowman

Here is DrQs SRPG_Core..
And i attached the Currents Demo Core,,. I donk think that this solves the problem but u can try it.
(the only diffrence betwen DrQs Core and the Current demo Core, is that i added a few Switches to the SRPG_Core of the demo)
You can also use F8 to open the Console when the Error happens to find more Error Infos.
So you figured out how I should write my thing?

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you figured out how I should write my thing?
nope , i got no idea and and im focused on rebuilding the "SRPGMapForceAction"-Plugin.Sry but i cant help you with that.
I did not use the Yep AI plugin that much myself.. i just can say that i didnt had Errors with it in my other Project.

Yew Bowman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nope , i got no idea and and im focused on rebuilding the "SRPGMapForceAction"-Plugin.Sry but i cant help you with that.
I did not use the Yep AI plugin that much myself.. i just can say that i didnt had Errors with it in my other Project.
1601396883169.png
well, I discovered my game crashed because I had my skill badly written.
Here's the thing tho, the guy still refuses to use AOE buffs, does it have to do anything with the AI?
I know it happened once with AOE techs, so probably similar happens here also

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 162248
well, I discovered my game crashed because I had my skill badly written.
Here's the thing tho, the guy still refuses to use AOE buffs, does it have to do anything with the AI?
I know it happened once with AOE techs, so probably similar happens here also
Im not sure about that but as far i know, Enemy AI cant handle AOEs by default ,thats why DrQ edited his SRPG_AI Control.js (plugin) in order to let Enemy AI work with AOEs..

try to use "Not-Aoe" skills with the Yep AI Plugin and look if that works correctly..
(this way u know if the AOE part makes the problem with Yep.)

And perhaps you can find a way to use SRPG_AI Control.js to make your "buff AOE setup" instead..
(sry but i get no other ideas on that)

Last edited:

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy I tried out your plugin, the pathfinding works nice, except I may have missed something but if the unit (be it enemy or actor) has no targets in sight it won't move and the game will freeze for a second, which is pretty jarring when you have animated sprites or when the player uses Auto Battle...
I'm using it with RangeControl and AIControl, but maybe I'm missing a tag to the enemies?

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@boomy I tried out your plugin, the pathfinding works nice, except I may have missed something but if the unit (be it enemy or actor) has no targets in sight it won't move and the game will freeze for a second, which is pretty jarring when you have animated sprites or when the player uses Auto Battle...
I'm using it with RangeControl and AIControl, but maybe I'm missing a tag to the enemies?
Does this happen when your have the developer console active?

You could also reduce the max distance plugin parameter from say 100 to 30 (don't do this if map is big or complex maze though)

If it still lags then I'll have to write up a more efficient pathfinding process. It didn't last for me even with the most complicated maze but I am running a modern cpu

EDIT: On further evaluation; it does stutter when pathfinding is processing so I will address this in a later update. The max distance doesn't really change anything in terms of performance. I can fix it via two ways: Completely rewriting the code or limiting the range which pathfinding occurs (at the moment it creates a grid the size of the map and tests each tile if its the shortest path; I could make it only make a grid within the user's move range instead which makes a much smaller grid)

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@boomy

I think i finaly solved my problems with the "mapForceAction" Plugin..
and will update the demo as soon i finished everything..

How far are you with the " Upcoming fixes: "? should i wait for them or just use the current Version of your plugin?
(no need to hurry, i just wanted to ask before im uploading the next demo version soon)

edit
SRPG_MapForceAction.js is working well,there will be probably other updates on that Plugin if i am able to improve it(for more Extras) but for now its fine..
..update for Plugins and the demo will be today(01.10.2020) or tommorow..

(i still have to edit plugin help info, and a few other things..)

Last edited:

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Dopan I'll push a very small update in about 2 hours. I think it just needs more play testing. I dont think I'll be able to address pathfinding with regions in this update so might as well just include it as is

EDIT: I have pushed a new update on my github. It adds "dumb movement" (default MV movement) if no target is reachable (either due to no path to any targets can be found or no targets are within X steps as set by the max distance parameter). I can perhaps add in a later update add in "move to point closest to target" as an option when no path can be found. I have yet to add support for regions and will address the lag that occurs when pathfinding occurs.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ boomy
i looked into your plugin code and have to say it looks really impressive,with a lot of stuff which i dont understand yet,..nice^^
-about "the default mode" of Units .. the mode can be read and changed with Script from the SRPG_Core, im not sure if u knew that or if it can help for future Plugin Updates..
-------
@ All the Next Update of the "Updated-SRPG_Demo" is ready!
Version 3.1 Changelog:
-updated Plugins:
- SRPG_AIControl.js by Doctor Q (update for SRPG_Pathfinding.js)
- SRPG_Pathfinding.js by boomy
- SRPG_Mapbattle.js by Doctor Q (Edited Version - by dopan)
- SRPG_MapForceAction.js by dopan
New in the demo:
some CommonEvents and 2-"magic"-Skills for the made changes..
- SRPG_Mapbattle.js changes:(only for Mapbattle"true")
-> preAction Phase of MapBattles will happen at a better timing!

(with the Help of a new CommonEvent which is part of the Plugin now)
- SRPG_MapForceAction.js changes:(only for Mapbattle"true")
-> "MapActionText" Function Added

(display Map Skill names on Usage,with help of a CommonEvent, which is part of every PreAction Phase Event in Chucks maps)
-> "MapForceAction" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapForceAction(userID, targetID, skillID, payCost);"
(ForceMapSkill ,only for inBattle Story Sequenses & Eventing, NOT for "$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(id)" called with SkillNote "Custom Execution")
-> "MapForceActionNote" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapForceActionNote(skillNoteID, payCost);"
-for the right timing that this works:
(add Another Action to a Skill ,only for "$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(id)" called with SkillNote "Custom Execution")
- isnt compatible to Skills(as "skillNoteID") that use "moving Animations" created in CommonEvents at the moment..
solved in comming Update

-> "MapForceDoubleAction" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapDoubleAction(daUserID, daSkillID, payCost);"
(similar like "MapForceActionNote" but with changed User Id, can be used for FriendCombo Skills,more info in the Plugin..)
- isnt compatible to Skills(as "skillNoteID") that use "moving Animations" created in CommonEvents at the moment..
solved in comming Update
=> "MapForceDoubleAction", works a bit different,another user (helper) will attack the same Target and only the helper will lose its Turn.. this will work even if the helper has used his turn allready..
(lets call it "ConsumeTurn Behavior")
(i used an Eventing solution to show how to avoid and fix that in the demo Example,but some people might like to use this behavior)

-----------
Note: PayCost"false" not just affect the MP cost ect, it also disables the "Custom Execution" Trigger on the added Action_Skill..
-> that was why Moving Animations were not working in some cases

---
=> SRPG_Pathfinding.js is not tested yet,but its in the demo..
(i wasnt sure where is the best place to put it..)

If there are Questions or if anybody recognizes Bugs or needs help,pls let me Know! thx
(Links in my Signature Spoiler are updated!)

Last edited:

NatePlays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. anyone know how to solve these greyed out actors? I think the game cant read the actors even though the type:actor note is there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
This happens when, for any reason, the units are in your posession but not in your main party.
By any chance, you have Yanfly's Party System plugin?

Also, adding units later doesn't add them to your party properly I think, had this happening sometimes,.

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hey Back after....a long Quarintine, Just wondering if I have a Diagonal Movement plugin if it will work with this plugin. I'm using a 2.5D looking Asset from PV games and a lot of his modular pieces are diagonal.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Back after....a long Quarintine, Just wondering if I have a Diagonal Movement plugin if it will work with this plugin. I'm using a 2.5D looking Asset from PV games and a lot of his modular pieces are diagonal.
So far, most of the plugins are incompatible with diagonal movement in combat. There shouldn't be any problems with most diagonal movement plugins outside of battle, though.

Diagonal movement in combat is pretty uncommon in SRPGs since it messes with measurements of distance, defining ranges, and also tends to look pretty weird, even if you did manage to get something working.

epiccorey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
So far, most of the plugins are incompatible with diagonal movement in combat. There shouldn't be any problems with most diagonal movement plugins outside of battle, though.

Diagonal movement in combat is pretty uncommon in SRPGs since it messes with measurements of distance, defining ranges, and also tends to look pretty weird, even if you did manage to get something working.
Since its kinda point and click that makes sense. my mind thinks in D&D terms 90% of the time so I was trying to emulate the movement/ Combat in that sense. I'll just have to make my maps smart when building battle maps

Lonepirate21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ boomy
i looked into your plugin code and have to say it looks really impressive,with a lot of stuff which i dont understand yet,..nice^^
-about "the default mode" of Units .. the mode can be read and changed with Script from the SRPG_Core, im not sure if u knew that or if it can help for future Plugin Updates..
-------
@ All the Next Update of the "Updated-SRPG_Demo" is ready!
Version 3.1 Changelog:
-updated Plugins:
- SRPG_AIControl.js by Doctor Q (update for SRPG_Pathfinding.js)
- SRPG_Pathfinding.js by boomy
- SRPG_Mapbattle.js by Doctor Q (Edited Version - by dopan)
- SRPG_MapForceAction.js by dopan
New in the demo:
some CommonEvents and 2-"magic"-Skills for the made changes..
- SRPG_Mapbattle.js changes:(only for Mapbattle"true")
-> preAction Phase of MapBattles will happen at a better timing!

(with the Help of a new CommonEvent which is part of the Plugin now)
- SRPG_MapForceAction.js changes:(only for Mapbattle"true")
-> "MapActionText" Function Added

(display Map Skill names on Usage,with help of a CommonEvent, which is part of every PreAction Phase Event in Chucks maps)
-> "MapForceAction" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapForceAction(userID, targetID, skillID, payCost);"
(ForceMapSkill ,only for inBattle Story Sequenses & Eventing, NOT for "$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(id)" called with SkillNote "Custom Execution")
-> "MapForceActionNote" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapForceActionNote(skillNoteID, payCost);"
-for the right timing that this works:
(add Another Action to a Skill ,only for "$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(id)" called with SkillNote "Custom Execution")
solved in comming Update

-> "MapForceDoubleAction" Function Added
Code:
ScriptCall = "this.isMapDoubleAction(daUserID, daSkillID, payCost);"
(similar like "MapForceActionNote" but with changed User Id, can be used for FriendCombo Skills,more info in the Plugin..)
solved in comming Update
=> "MapForceDoubleAction", works a bit different,another user (helper) will attack the same Target and only the helper will lose its Turn.. this will work even if the helper has used his turn allready..
(lets call it "ConsumeTurn Behavior")
(i used an Eventing solution to show how to avoid and fix that in the demo Example,but some people might like to use this behavior)

-----------
Note: PayCost"false" not just affect the MP cost ect, it also disables the "Custom Execution" Trigger on the added Action_Skill..
-> that was why Moving Animations were not working in some cases

---
=> SRPG_Pathfinding.js is not tested yet,but its in the demo..
(i wasnt sure where is the best place to put it..)

If there are Questions or if anybody recognizes Bugs or needs help,pls let me Know! thx
(Links in my Signature Spoiler are updated!)
Do you have github link to updated srpg demo please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503